PDA

View Full Version : Missouri State Game - Jose

KTF
10-19-2009, 10:51 PM
Now that Jose has been named the starter, what is a "good" game for him? a win, so many TD's, good reads...

Things I would like to see out of Jose (win or lose):
-making good pre-snap reads
-passes are catchable (not at feet, behind, low, etc...)
-can check down recievers - look off defense
-audibles

If he can do these, the rest should come naturally.

BisonCountry
10-19-2009, 11:21 PM
The only thing that matters....

A Win

lakesbison
10-20-2009, 12:14 AM
We Wouldve Won This Game With Jose, Nick, Dj, Me At Qb............................................ Soooo I Supposed Now We Are All Gonna Hear The Anti-mertens People Say... 'see It Was Nick'

Bull. Ndsu Beats Miss State At Home 10 Of 10 Times, Or The Program Itself Needs To Be Discontinued.

Kermit
10-20-2009, 01:13 AM
I think the key for a young QB is to not try to do too much. Let his teammates make some plays. Avoid the game changing mistakes, especially turnovers. Give him some high percentage passes early to gain some confidence. Jose appears to be a very confident young man and I'm sure he'll be ready.

tjbison
10-20-2009, 01:36 AM
We Wouldve Won This Game With Jose, Nick, Dj, Me At Qb............................................ Soooo I Supposed Now We Are All Gonna Hear The Anti-mertens People Say... 'see It Was Nick'

Bull. Ndsu Beats Miss State At Home 10 Of 10 Times, Or The Program Itself Needs To Be Discontinued.

But Lakes everyone said that about Illinois St too:hide:

GRAFTONBISON
10-20-2009, 01:52 AM
But Lakes everyone said that about Illinois St too:hide:

Took the words right out of my mouth!!

BisonFellow
10-20-2009, 01:58 AM
I dont know when Lakes became so lucid and insightful, but right on. Unless Jose throws five picks or pukes in the huddle, many will say 'nick nick nick it was nick all the time.'

I'm a believer that a game never comes down to one play, and a team sport never comes down to one player.

A lot of teams have won a lot of games with quarterbacks a lot worse than nick mertens.

His performance has not been what we could have hoped for, but maybe to those on the inside, he's been having more of an impact than we can imagine.

I like to think that. It's a pleasant thought, even if it turns out to be a fiction.

99Bison
10-20-2009, 02:55 AM
Looking for a game's in control, ours to win attitude from the team. This has been missing for past 1.5 years.

MPLSbisonFAN
10-20-2009, 04:07 AM

Sure the bison would win lakes, but come on......mertens was bad. it was time for a change.

Wally
10-20-2009, 04:52 AM
First and foremost, I want to see accuracy. I will take accuracy over a cannon arm any day of the week. Who knows if the playcalling will change now, but if it doesn't, we probably won't get a huge sample size to look at. Second, want to see composure in the pocket and the ability to go through progressions and not get locked on one receiver. Lastly, protect the football.

ndsubison1
10-20-2009, 05:34 AM
i just hope people dont expect too much out of Mohler in this first game-- it's all about getting some reps

bisonmike2
10-20-2009, 07:38 PM

I would say the Missouri State is a better team than Illinois State and we all know how that turned out. 10 or of 10 times we win? Have you not watched this team play this year? You really want to stick with "We better beat them or else disband the program"?

westnodak93bison
10-20-2009, 07:52 PM
“When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time” Max McGee

BisonAccountant44
10-20-2009, 08:12 PM
“When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time” Max McGee

In that case, we should be in pretty good shape :hide:

Bison"FANatic"
10-20-2009, 08:44 PM
I would like to see accuracy in the passes the coaches have him throw. I have very little expectations for him it will be a progression but I am glad the progression started this year. I would just like to see composure from the kid. I don't want to see him running around and just throwing the ball up for grabs. I hope not to see him turning right when the back is on the left and so forth. I don't expect fire to shoot out of his arse or anything, just play solid ball and learn from his mistakes.

Heck he might not even win the QB battle next spring but I hope he makes the most of this opportunity.

IzzyFlexion
10-20-2009, 08:52 PM
I would like to see accuracy in the passes the coaches have him throw. I have very little expectations for him it will be a progression but I am glad the progression started this year. I would just like to see composure from the kid. I don't want to see him running around and just throwing the ball up for grabs. I hope not to see him turning right when the back is on the left and so forth. I don't expect fire to shoot out of his arse or anything, just play solid ball and learn from his mistakes.

Heck he might not even win the QB battle next spring but I hope he makes the most of this opportunity.

This is the perfect word (opportunity).
May work out great, may not. It will be exciting to see and I Wish I could be there. I applaud the staff for giving it a shot and to begin preparations for next season.
Rock, I fully expect you to drunk dial me both during pregame and after the game for a full recap of the event.

BlueBisonRock
10-20-2009, 09:10 PM
This is the perfect word (opportunity).
May work out great, may not. It will be exciting to see and I Wish I could be there. I applaud the staff for giving it a shot and to begin preparations for next season.
Rock, I fully expect you to drunk dial me both during pregame and after the game for a full recap of the event.

Number? (If you publish it here, you may get multiple drunken recaps!)

X-Factor
10-20-2009, 09:21 PM
I think the key for a young QB is to not try to do too much. Let his teammates make some plays. Avoid the game changing mistakes, especially turnovers. Give him some high percentage passes early to gain some confidence. Jose appears to be a very confident young man and I'm sure he'll be ready.

Sounds like the same kinda stuff we tried to do with a certain Senior quarterback to no avail :banghead: At least Jose would have an excuse to use the training wheels.

bisonmike2
10-20-2009, 09:28 PM
I want to see a 60% completion rate with no int's. That would be a good start.

westnodak93bison
10-20-2009, 09:38 PM
lakes needs to get over his man crush with Mertens.....lakes it is over as in done for good

rutlandbison
10-20-2009, 09:49 PM
I want to see a 60% completion rate with no int's. That would be a good start.
That is what we need in this offense. Good post.

bisonfan11
10-21-2009, 03:53 PM
Win or lose, what I'd like to see from Mohler is that he goes 15-20 for 175 yards 2 TD passes and 0 INTS. That would be a good start.