PDA

View Full Version : Good luck to the Bison the rest of the year!

SUPERBUNNY
10-19-2009, 09:55 PM
I know this season has been a nightmare. Reminds me of what the Jacks went through in MBB.

Things will turn around. There is too much support in the Bison Nation for that to not happen. Keep your chins up! The sun did come up in the east on Sunday.

Best of luck the rest of the way. I hope you get a few w's the rest of the way and gain some momentum and experience moving forward. Our rivalry is a lot of fun and I want to see both teams at the top fighting for conference championships. Sure, we want our teams to bring home the marker but I wish you luck in your other games.

It was fun to chat with a bunch of the Bison fans that made the trip. You have passionate fans.

Cheers! Looking forward to trip to Fargo next year!

SUPERBUNNY

jimmyjack
10-19-2009, 09:57 PM
Ditto.

Great fans over here and a great contingent at CAS last Saturday. NDSU will be back. Nobody down here doubts that.

Good luck against the Bears and the rest of the season. There are a lot of NDSU fans down here who hope you win out.

HandoEX
10-20-2009, 01:49 AM
Classy posts guys. Goes both ways....best of luck the rest of the way (except when you play the Gophers).

sambini
10-20-2009, 01:54 AM
Thanks Jacks fans++++

borderbison
10-20-2009, 03:34 AM
I'm also pretty impressed with some of the posts from some SDSU fans - it's something you don't see very often from rival fans. After the ripping some gave them on facilities, the city, etc. it's hard to believe they've responded as classy as they have.

Bisonfan1
10-20-2009, 03:46 AM
Thanx guys, always enjoyed the trip to SDSU, LOVE the outdoor facility !!! Please join our tailgate next year, always a blast with the bunny crew !!

bisonbills
10-20-2009, 10:45 AM
I'm not usually one to cheer for another team, especially a rival, but I really hope you guys run the table and show the MVFC what Dakota football is all about. Do the Dakotas proud guys!!!

Kevin
10-20-2009, 11:47 AM
While I consider the Jacks a real rival I don't hate them in the way I do the idiots up north and the dipshits in Iowa. Good luck the rest of the way, SDSU. Make the Dakotas proud.

SUPERBUNNY
10-20-2009, 01:56 PM
While I consider the Jacks a real rival I don't hate them in the way I do the idiots up north and the dipshits in Iowa. Good luck the rest of the way, SDSU. Make the Dakotas proud.

That's the exact sentiment here. Except we've got dipshits to the south.

Turn it around Bison!

SUPERBUNNY

roadwarrior
10-20-2009, 02:21 PM
I wonder what the game is like when the dipshits from the south play the ones from up north?

bisonbills
10-20-2009, 02:59 PM
I wonder what the game is like when the dipshits from the south play the ones from up north?

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d6/HetHert1129/divide_by_zero.jpg

bisonmike2
10-20-2009, 03:54 PM
Thanks Rabbit fans although I'd prefer that you'd wish us luck for next season, since good luck this year really won't amount to much for us.

jimmyjack
10-20-2009, 05:33 PM
Thanks Rabbit fans although I'd prefer that you'd wish us luck for next season, since good luck this year really won't amount to much for us.

Develop some young players. Give Ojuri and Mohler lots of reps. And enjoy watching Preston Evans make 15 tackles a game. Seems like there are some fun things to watch for in these next few games.

GradBison
10-20-2009, 05:34 PM
Thank you Bunnies, good luck to you as well.

Don't get too used to that big rock...

TransAmBison
10-20-2009, 05:40 PM
Thanks and good luck to SDSU for the rest of the year. Good luck finishing off the rest of the schedule and making the playoffs.

GoJacks
10-21-2009, 12:17 PM
Honestly.....when I first heard the idea of the Dakota Marker and the attempt to develop more of a rivalry I didn't think it would work much. Turns out I was wrong. The rivalry has been real big for both schools in the transition.

I consider you guys our main rival right now. I love beating you b/c I have alot of respect for you. It's a unique rivalry b/c while we both have some "hatred".....but I feel we both have some love too b/c we are brothers in the move to D1......and noone can ever take that from us. I hope we both continue to be successful and that the "me-to'U's" (UND and USD) never catch up (they don't deserve to).

Even though you were 1-5, the win last Saturday was great....and that's b/c of your tradition and how we respect that.

rabidrabbit
10-21-2009, 12:28 PM
Dakota Marker was a smart move, and recognizes the unique, and VERY LONG-Term sports rivalry between these two very similar schools. Alway the team that Jacks want to beat, but after the Jacks, the team I'm pulling for to beat others.

Capn_Cat
10-21-2009, 03:19 PM

A losing streak to those dipshits that has little hope of ending soon will do that to a guy.

Yawn.

huskon4ever
10-21-2009, 03:29 PM
Very nice by you guys to say that stuff. I agree with the others that I wish ya the best of luck the rest of the season.

Kermit
10-21-2009, 03:33 PM
A losing streak to those dipshits that has little hope of ending soon will do that to a guy.

Yawn.

We're working on losing streaks against almost everybody. Only a select few get the honorary titles. ;)

bisonfan11
10-21-2009, 03:39 PM
Honestly.....when I first heard the idea of the Dakota Marker and the attempt to develop more of a rivalry I didn't think it would work much. Turns out I was wrong. The rivalry has been real big for both schools in the transition.

I consider you guys our main rival right now. I love beating you b/c I have alot of respect for you. It's a unique rivalry b/c while we both have some "hatred".....but I feel we both have some love too b/c we are brothers in the move to D1......and noone can ever take that from us. I hope we both continue to be successful and that the "me-to'U's" (UND and USD) never catch up (they don't deserve to).

Even though you were 1-5, the win last Saturday was great....and that's b/c of your tradition and how we respect that.

Good luck for the rest of the season. The Jackrabbits might be our biggest rival right now, but now with the way the season is playing out I hope you all kick some butt. Best of luck against UNI, if any team can beat that p***y UNI team is is SDSU.

tjbison
10-21-2009, 05:00 PM

I agree, but the minute UND is on the schedule most will forget about the Marker sorry they are even without playing them our biggest rival, but you are nice second:p

BlueBisonRock
10-21-2009, 05:14 PM
I agree, but the minute UND is on the schedule most will forget about the Marker sorry they are even without playing them our biggest rival, but you are nice second:p

I had that same thought process initially. However, Even if UND is on the schedule, I do not see the SDSU game falling off the map. The xDSU rivalry is growing in its acceptance. I also see the UNI rivalry growing into an annual knock 'em down take no prisoners game. The UND rivalry will be there but will not have the same level of 'exclusiveness'.

Compare this to the UofMN where Paul Bunyan's Axe, the Little Brown Jug, and Floyd of Rosevile all symbolize a strong rivalry. Although the U (ofMN) seldom sees these relics, multiple rivals exist for the program.

SDSU will remain a strong rival even when the prep school to the north completes its move to DI and the state game is reestablished.

Twentysix
10-21-2009, 06:19 PM

Exactly how i feel i couldnt of said that better my self!

I hope SDSU wins a NC or atleast goes deep in the playoffs.

I mean if we cant there the best alternative.

GoJacks
10-22-2009, 09:52 AM

No question about that. I lived in Crookston, MN (met my beautiful wife of 10 years there) and worked in Grand Forks for 5 years and I am fully aware of your great rivalry.

The same is true when USD is on our schedule. It will, easily, trump the NDSU game...and that is no knock on the NDSU game.

I think SDSU and NDSU are in the same boat. Our jump to D1, which was criticized and mocked by both UxD schools, only to have them follow us after we have done all the hard work, only fuels the hatred of the in-state rivalries. And the fact that the xDSU's made the D1 jump together will forever bond us and make us more friendly and respectful rivals. But something the xDSU rivalry will have is the fact that it counts toward conference standings. I hope, at the very least, the UxD's rot in the Great West for a good number of years. The MVFC is just fine without them.

GoJacks
10-22-2009, 09:55 AM
When do you guys see the NDSU-UND game being played again?

We have an opening on our 2010 schedule and a very aggressive new AD. I personally would love to play USD next year.

Twentysix
10-22-2009, 11:14 AM
Its all a big secret, but were missing a bunch of ooc games next year so i wouldnt be terribly surprised.

3 i think. AGS seems to point towards other schools having 90% of there schedules done years in advance.

JacksFan06
10-22-2009, 02:57 PM
http://www.argusleader.com/article/20091022/VOICES/910220326/1052/OPINION01

Good article about the fans at the SDSU, NDSU game.

80ALUM
10-22-2009, 04:29 PM

I was sitting behind the fan described in the article. I think he was referring to the condition of the tailgating area. Granted, we cannot control the weather but muddy areas aside, their stadium is not even as nice as many stadiums that highschool teams play in in ND. Is it too much to ask to actually have a restroom to use inside the stadium and not a port-a-potty?
UMary and Bismarck area highschools play in a facility far superior to SDSU and that is an outdoor facility. So weather or not the facility can still be top rate.

heckler
10-22-2009, 04:51 PM

"The Jacks won, but afterward a North Dakota State University Internet fan board buzzed about the shape of the 48-year-old stadium, which had been hit by three weeks of unseasonable rain."

hmmmm...

Rabbitlivinginverm
10-22-2009, 04:52 PM
I was sitting behind the fan described in the article. I think he was referring to the condition of the tailgating area. Granted, we cannot control the weather but muddy areas aside, their stadium is not even as nice as many stadiums that highschool teams play in in ND. Is it too much to ask to actually have a restroom to use inside the stadium and not a port-a-potty?
UMary and Bismarck area highschools play in a facility far superior to SDSU and that is an outdoor facility. So weather or not the facility can still be top rate.

The porta-johns are placed on the east side for your convenience . If you want to take a piss inside with actual plumbing, just walk to the west side of the stadium.

Your point is taken and has been beaten to death. We need an upgrade. It's coming but it ain't gonna happen overnight.