PDA

View Full Version : SDSU or UNI

met1990
10-19-2009, 07:51 PM
Anyone care to pick the winner of this one?

tjbison
10-19-2009, 07:58 PM
UNI out for blood after SIU

aces1180
10-19-2009, 07:59 PM
As much as I hate UNI, I don't want to see SDSU make the playoffs this year (or any year) because they would keep coming here to remind us of it*...So I'm hoping for a UNI win.

*I don't go to their board, so they annoy the shit out of me.

Tatanka
10-19-2009, 08:26 PM
Heart: SDSU
Head: UNI, and it's not close.

TAILG8R
10-19-2009, 08:37 PM
I don't see SDSU being able to hang with UNI. Not after UNI losing to SIU.

NDSUstudent
10-19-2009, 08:57 PM
You put UNI on that field and their athleticism is going to be neutralized. CAS is a far cry from the fast track of the Fargodome. I think this will be a very close and phyical game and I think a case could be made for SDSU being the favorite going into this game.

NDSUstudent
10-19-2009, 09:12 PM
The forecast is calling for rain in Brookings tomorrow and Wednesday, their high school team plays at CAS on Thursday, that field is going to be even messier come Saturday.

Blue
10-19-2009, 10:36 PM
The forecast is calling for rain in Brookings tomorrow and Wednesday, their high school team plays at CAS on Thursday, that field is going to be even messier come Saturday.
And the good thing is.....drum roll please. I get to cover both games:banghead: the high school game isn't going to be pretty. At least the field has a day to recover:D

99Bison
10-19-2009, 10:46 PM
Uni............

ndsubison1
10-19-2009, 10:53 PM
Uni 28 Sdsu 14

BlueBisonRock
10-19-2009, 11:44 PM
S D S U 24
N I U 17

sambini
10-20-2009, 02:01 AM
Jacks 21 UNI 17

HandoEX
10-20-2009, 02:12 AM
Sdsu 35
Uni 32

NDSUFan_Sav
10-20-2009, 02:24 AM
Sdsu 24
Uni 20

lakesbison
10-20-2009, 02:28 AM
UNI 37
SDSU 3

UNI will beat the living tar outta these lil hillbilly's in brookings.

UNI are thugs, and ill take THUGS over hillbilly's anyday.

CarringtonBison
10-20-2009, 02:43 AM
UNI will dominate, pissed off after the loss this past weekend

SDSU did not impress me all that much, we were just not that good.

my 1/50 of a dollar

Hammersmith
10-20-2009, 03:22 AM
Heart: SDSU
Head: UNI, and it's not close.

What he said.

ndsubison1
10-20-2009, 03:34 AM
sdsu didnt beat us, we just lost it... thats how it's been all year long

GradBison
10-20-2009, 02:03 PM
Is the game going to be on TV anywhere?

JACKGUYII
10-20-2009, 02:06 PM

Okay, that's why you had just 51 yards in the second half because you beat yourself! LOL

jackrabbit1979
10-20-2009, 03:10 PM

That's funny. There was a lady (Bison Fan) sitting in section H on Saturday night that stood up and shouted at your offense during the 4th quarter when Shamen lined up off sides.

"You're giving them the game", she shouted. She was dead serious.

Almost the whole section turned around and just laughed at her. Keep in mind that this happened while SDSU had the game in hand, had only allowed about 40 yards of total offense the 2nd half, and after SDSU forced a 3 and out at the Bison two yard line, let the terrible Bison punt hit one of our blockers in the leg, the Bison recovered the fumble, and then SDSU gave them a personal foul penalty moving them into SDSU territory. Yet you were giving us the game. Right. ;)

The sooner your fan base admits that SDSU (or any other team for that matter) can actually beat the Bison, versus the Bison giving away games, the better. It's not 1985 anymore.

HandoEX
10-20-2009, 03:49 PM
Okay, that's why you had just 51 yards in the second half because you beat yourself! LOL

We throw a pick 6 right after stopping SDSU on 4th down and then botch a pick 6 of our own later in the quarter. That's a 14 point swing in two plays. Throw in the long pass out of bounds to Gary Williams on the West sideline and the slew of other huge mistakes and I'd say we pissed that game down our legs before half time. SDSU didn't make nearly the mistakes NDSU did, and that's why they won the game. You can't win when you shoot yourself in the foot time and time again.

That being said, it was the same case when the Bison played UNI...but UNI isn't as good as SDSU, IMO.

JACKGUYII
10-20-2009, 07:53 PM
We throw a pick 6 right after stopping SDSU on 4th down and then botch a pick 6 of our own later in the quarter. That's a 14 point swing in two plays. Throw in the long pass out of bounds to Gary Williams on the West sideline and the slew of other huge mistakes and I'd say we pissed that game down our legs before half time. SDSU didn't make nearly the mistakes NDSU did, and that's why they won the game. You can't win when you shoot yourself in the foot time and time again.

That being said, it was the same case when the Bison played UNI...but UNI isn't as good as SDSU, IMO.

No question that pick missed by the Bison defender would surely have gone for 6 and change the momentum of the game. I just felt after the Bison inital drive for a touchdown that your offensive was shut down by the Jacks defense. I guess we will find out who is better on the field between UNI and SDSU next Saturday. Good luck the rest of the year.

80ALUM
10-21-2009, 12:31 AM
I am going with UNI.

bisonmike2
10-22-2009, 05:22 PM
SDSU @ home plus it's Hobo Days.
UNI coming off a tough loss.

This is a tough one.

What's the weather forecast? If the field is soggy, I'm taking SDSU by 3. For some reason those rabbits can really play on that wet grass and I think it would neutralize a lot of the speed UNI brings to the defensive side of the ball. If it's dry UNI by 3.

Hammersmith
10-22-2009, 06:17 PM
SDSU @ home plus it's Hobo Days.
UNI coming off a tough loss.

This is a tough one.

What's the weather forecast? If the field is soggy, I'm taking SDSU by 3. For some reason those rabbits can really play on that wet grass and I think it would neutralize a lot of the speed UNI brings to the defensive side of the ball. If it's dry UNI by 3.

I believe the Brookings High team is playing on the field tonight or tomorrow night, so the field could be a mess by the second half of SDSU/UNI. I want to agree with your assessment, but a torn up field is one of the reasons SDSU lost to a DIII some years back.

Rabbitlivinginverm
10-22-2009, 06:44 PM
I believe the Brookings High team is playing on the field tonight or tomorrow night, so the field could be a mess by the second half of SDSU/UNI. I want to agree with your assessment, but a torn up field is one of the reasons SDSU lost to a DIII some years back.

Ugh, don't remind any of us about that game. I gave a friend 35 points. Guess what, the Jacks didn't cover the spread. I lost more than a little money on that game.

That was a little more than a torn up field. That was 5" of mud (and BHS had played there the night before). After that game, I was convinced we needed field turf. Now, if I had a bucket of money, I'd build Brookings High School a nice little field of their own and keep the natural grass at CAS.

BraxtonT
10-23-2009, 02:04 AM
Ugh, don't remind any of us about that game. I gave a friend 35 points. Guess what, the Jacks didn't cover the spread. I lost more than a little money on that game.

That was a little more than a torn up field. That was 5" of mud (and BHS had played there the night before). After that game, I was convinced we needed field turf. Now, if I had a bucket of money, I'd build Brookings High School a nice little field of their own and keep the natural grass at CAS.

I talked with a Jacks' fan prior to the game and he told me that the lights at CAS were paid by the Brookings School District, so that is not likely to happen. Field turf paid by SDSU and Brookings School makes a lot of sense.

Rabbitlivinginverm
10-23-2009, 01:44 PM
I talked with a Jacks' fan prior to the game and he told me that the lights at CAS were paid by the Brookings School District, so that is not likely to happen. Field turf paid by SDSU and Brookings School makes a lot of sense.

Correct, BHS did pay for the lights. But, I don't think they would turn away me donating my bucket of money to build them a nice little HS field in town. I believe you're right on the money with the Field Turf, BHS and SDSU will share the cost of it. I still prefer grass but the need for Field Turf is there.

MN_BISON
10-23-2009, 04:42 PM
I've got a feeling this is the Jacks year, so I'll take SDSU in this one by six, 20-14. For those in the MSP area with Mediacomm, the game is on channel 10 at 2 pm.

rabidrabbit
10-23-2009, 09:36 PM
Jacks have lost 3 straight to the Panthers, it's Hobo Day, and the Panthers lost at their homecoming.

#1 D vs #2 in FCS. Goin' be a WHALE OF A GAME ;)

Jacks 17
Kitties 14

BlueBisonRock
10-23-2009, 10:15 PM
Right now, it looks like it could be anyones game to take. There are reasons to pull for both teams!

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/461338.jpg

sambini
10-24-2009, 10:46 AM
HOBO DAY should be crazy good luck Jacks fans++++

NDSUstudent
10-24-2009, 07:13 PM
Jacks strike first

3-0

2 1/2 minutes into the game.

jacks1
10-25-2009, 01:51 AM
UNI 37
SDSU 3

Nice prediction tool shed....how'd your 'easy money' parlay go today?

JACKGUYII
10-25-2009, 04:38 AM
UNI 37
SDSU 3

How do you like those apples!

NDSUFan_Sav
10-25-2009, 07:18 AM
How do you like those apples!

apples are delicious.....Well SDSU good luck in the playoffs!!! congrats on being the 1st one to make the playoffs between us 2.

jacks1
10-25-2009, 02:53 PM
apples are delicious.....Well SDSU good luck in the playoffs!!! congrats on being the 1st one to make the playoffs between us 2.

...the Jacks haven't made the playoffs yet.

sambini
10-25-2009, 03:21 PM
Nice win++++