PDA

View Full Version : Tackling

aces1180
10-18-2009, 06:13 PM
Do we need to send back the majority of our defense to Pop Warner tackling drills?

CaBisonFan
10-18-2009, 06:22 PM
Do we need to send back the majority of our defense to Pop Warner tackling drills?

Are you saying that you expect the defense to tackle? Mean...demanding...fair weather fans. There's 3 or 4 guys who try to do it all for the rest of the team. Evans, Kittelson, and a couple others.

stevdock
10-18-2009, 11:29 PM
Are you saying that you expect the defense to tackle? Mean...demanding...fair weather fans. There's 3 or 4 guys who try to do it all for the rest of the team. Evans, Kittelson, and a couple others.

How can you say that?? An example would be a great nose guard would never make a tackle, instead he would get double teamed the whole game. Which would then mean one less blocker getting up to the LB's. So if Evans, Kittleson and Co are making tackles in the run game, then the DL is tying up the OL and doing a major part of their job.

gizmo
10-19-2009, 04:54 AM
Poor tackling, especially by the defensive backs, has probably cost us at least two or three wins. They're either up around the shoulder pads or rolling on the ground hoping somebody trips over them. :banghead:

I know there are lots of good tacklers in high schools in ND, I watch them every weekend. Hmmm, I wonder where they learned to do that stuff?

NDSUstudent
10-19-2009, 05:02 AM
It is pretty sad when our true freshman that weighs in at all of 152 pounds is our best tackling d-back.

4mcruenomore
10-19-2009, 05:03 AM
It is pretty sad when our true freshman that weighs in at all of 152 pounds is our best tackling d-back.

the one from ND?

TbonZach
10-19-2009, 05:04 AM
To quote some friends of mine:

"It's called tackling! Not...not...tackling!"

"It's called tackling! Not hugging!"

NDSUstudent
10-19-2009, 05:05 AM
the one from ND?

The one from Florida, who wasn't even hardly a defensive player in high school.