yep............

NDSUFan_Sav
10-18-2009, 04:35 PM
Mike Tveidt
Eric Carlson
Andy Nagel
Mike Felt
Josh Vaughan

agree with your starters and subs start here with switching up nagel and carlson with goose and flowers

unbison
10-18-2009, 04:36 PM
nagel looks slow... will be a good body to lean on people but i forsee him coming off the bench

roadwarrior
10-18-2009, 04:38 PM
It will be interesting to see how the starting lineup possibly changes from Nov 1st to Jan 1st.

unbison
10-18-2009, 04:41 PM
It will be interesting to see how the starting lineup possibly changes from Nov 1st to Jan 1st.
I agree..... and am excited to see what tveidt can do when turned loose

Mr. Burgundy
10-18-2009, 04:46 PM
Good thread.

Josh Vaughn (breakout senior year)
Michael Felt (how good did he look at Midnight Madness?)
Michael Tveidt (I think he plays alot of the two this year)
Eric Carlson (toughest kid on the team)
Flowers (will love the "I am a starter" stage) Gonna be good.

Nagel will be a very solid situational big. In that tough grind it out game, he is perfect. In an up tempo open gym type game, he will struggle. He is like Yao Ming in an all star game. He isn't going to shine in a midnight madness situation.

Jordan Aaberg will play a bunch too. He is simply too good on defense. He was blocking shots with his elbow on Friday night.

I like the depth on this team. Should be fun to see how the starting lineup develops.

Kermit
10-18-2009, 06:38 PM
Good thread.

Josh Vaughn (breakout senior year)
Michael Felt (how good did he look at Midnight Madness?)
Michael Tveidt (I think he plays alot of the two this year)
Eric Carlson (toughest kid on the team)
Flowers (will love the "I am a starter" stage) Gonna be good.

Nagel will be a very solid situational big. In that tough grind it out game, he is perfect. In an up tempo open gym type game, he will struggle. He is like Yao Ming in an all star game. He isn't going to shine in a midnight madness situation.

Jordan Aaberg will play a bunch too. He is simply too good on defense. He was blocking shots with his elbow on Friday night.

I like the depth on this team. Should be fun to see how the starting lineup develops.

Live from the MetroDome,Burgundy nailed it. I don't like Vaughn at the point, but he looks like the best option there for now.

silkamilkamonico
10-18-2009, 07:28 PM
Live from the MetroDome,Burgundy nailed it. I don't like Vaughn at the point, but he looks like the best option there for now.

Has Lundberg not come along like everyone thought? What was up with all those reports last year on how he really pushes Woody in practice?

My starting 5........

Lundberg
Felt
Tveidt
Aaberg
Nagel

...with an exceptional bench.

Fun times.

roadwarrior
10-18-2009, 07:42 PM
I'm not ruling out Lundberg, it's just that I haven't seen him play yet.

silkamilkamonico
10-18-2009, 07:45 PM
I'm not ruling out Lundberg, it's just that I haven't seen him play yet.

If he's good like everyone has said, and Vaughn beats him out, I would just have to throw props out to Vaughn and admit I am wrong about him.

DjKyRo
10-18-2009, 08:18 PM
If he's good like everyone has said, and Vaughn beats him out, I would just have to throw props out to Vaughn and admit I am wrong about him.

Honestly....I get this feeling that Vaughan is going to destroy sh1t out there this season. I'm predicting 2nd team All Summit.

ndsubison1
10-18-2009, 08:59 PM
To start the season:

1. Vaughan
2. Felt
3. Tveidt
4. Carlson
5. Flowers

A lot of different line-ups we could put out there. We need Lundberg to step up at the point cuz we dont have a true point man right now. I think Vaughan is more of a 2 guy.

Aaberg looks like the enforcer inside. Absolutely need a big interior defender that can swipe away shots from inside and stop drives.

Felt is going to be something. Phenomenal shooter. I'm just really excited to see what our frosh can do for us.

ndsubison1
10-18-2009, 08:59 PM
Honestly....I get this feeling that Vaughan is going to destroy sh1t out there this season. I'm predicting 2nd team All Summit.

that's bold... I hope you're right though

HandoEX
10-18-2009, 11:21 PM
Realistic
1: Vaughn
2: Felt
3: Tveidt
4: Carlson
5: Flowers

Hopeful
1: Lundberg
2: Vaughn
4: Flowers
5: Aaberg

DjKyRo
10-19-2009, 12:41 AM
I like the idea of starting the older guys but watching the younger guys take the top spots as the year goes on.

Initially:
1: Lundberg
2: Vaughan
4: Carlson

As the year goes on:
1: Vaughan
2: Felt
4: Aaberg

I have full confidence in the older guys and if they prove me wrong then hey, all the better for Bison basketball. But I really think the younger guys establishing themselves early on will bode well for the program as they progress through the next four years.

Kermit
10-19-2009, 12:49 AM
Has Lundberg not come along like everyone thought? What was up with all those reports last year on how he really pushes Woody in practice?

My starting 5........

Lundberg
Felt
Tveidt
Aaberg
Nagel

...with an exceptional bench.

Fun times.

Very limited observations so take it FWIW. Lundberg is a very good ball handler and mud range shooter. He is not super quick. I have not seen him take it to the hole or hit the 3 much. He will contribute but I do not think he is a star.

NDSUstudent
10-19-2009, 01:04 AM
A lot of people like to talk about the virtues of being a fifth year senior and I think that will really pay off for Vaughan. He is a guy that has some solid experience, is a great jump shooter(his range is unlimited), and according to Saul he has a lot of basketball savvy.

While he doesn't have the scoring ability of Woodside(especially that speed burst), I think he could become the type of floor general that you want at the point.

So my starting five would be....

Vaughan
Felt(Really impressed by his shot and he looks like he could handle the physical grind of DI hoops).
Tveidt(We have just scratched the surface of how good he can be)
Carlson(I think he adds a scrappiness the starting lineup needs)
Flowers(The guy has potential, if he could just put it all together)

unbison
10-19-2009, 01:08 AM
I remember in the summit league championship game against oakland are best defender on there big man was flowers.... he was jaw jacking him and pushing him around!

Tatanka
10-19-2009, 01:12 AM
Will be interesting how Mike Tviedt responds to being the #1 target for opposing defenses. I agree he's a fantastic player, but you have to admit as an opposing coach I would imagine you'd be paying a lot more attention to Woodside and Winkelman than MT.

TheDoctor
10-22-2009, 12:04 AM
Mike Tveidt
Eric Carlson
Andy Nagel
Mike Felt
Drew Lundberg

While Drew did not look the most impressive in Midnight Madness, he was rumored to be giving Woody fits in practice all last year. ;)

Herd
10-22-2009, 12:22 AM
Many are predicting Flowers at the 5, at 6'7? I dont' see it. He may see some minutes at the 5, but he is a 4 and will see the court along with Nagel, Goose, or Aaberg at the 5 most of the time.

Flowers 6'7, Tveidt 6'7 and Carlson 6'6 at the 3,4,5 is not big enought, even int he Summit.

unbison
10-22-2009, 02:09 AM
Many are predicting Flowers at the 5, at 6'7? I dont' see it. He may see some minutes at the 5, but he is a 4 and will see the court along with Nagel, Goose, or Aaberg at the 5 most of the time.

Flowers 6'7, Tveidt 6'7 and Carlson 6'6 at the 2,3,4 is big enough, even in the Summit.

fixed it for ya

RunDMc34
10-22-2009, 08:21 PM
All i have to say is Mike Felt should be a starter from Day 1 - he gives us a great spot up shooter, I was celebrating the 1st 3 of the scrimmage before the ball even left his hand. Kid is a dude.

DjKyRo
10-22-2009, 10:26 PM
All i have to say is Mike Felt should be a starter from Day 1 - he gives us a great spot up shooter, I was celebrating the 1st 3 of the scrimmage before the ball even left his hand. Kid is a dude.

In the words of the great sambini:

++++++++++++++

DjKyRo
10-29-2009, 06:51 PM
Hallstrom made some observations about the team the other day on the BMB.

http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/

HandoEX
10-29-2009, 06:58 PM
Hallstrom made some observations about the team the other day on the BMB.

I sure haven't suspected that starting line-up. Would be big on height and experience (relatively).

DjKyRo
10-29-2009, 08:13 PM
I sure haven't suspected that starting line-up. Would be big on height and experience (relatively).

Indeed, I sure didn't see Sussenguth as a starter...though maybe we'll be surprised.

unbison
10-29-2009, 09:13 PM
tveidt
flowers
susengueth
vaughn
felt
so maybe i was close!

EndZoneQB
10-29-2009, 10:59 PM
Indeed, I sure didn't see Sussenguth as a starter...though maybe we'll be surprised.

Or he's just a temp starter?? Put experience out there right away and let one of the young guys grow into the position...

Mr. Burgundy
10-30-2009, 02:17 AM
Vaughn, Tveidt, Carlson and Flowers will start. Leaving one spot fairly open. Felt or Pennick will more than likely get that chance. Pennick has been nothing less than special...and I can't believe I just said that. Has to be pretty cool for a 5th year senior to be playing with this much confidence. Lets hope it plays out that way when the lights come on.

Pennick, Vaughn, Tveidt, Carlson, Flowers is my thought right now. Felt is going to play alot. Kid has ice in his veins. Carlson has become a leader. Very tough and physical kid that will go to the line alot. Causes alot of problems.

Tatanka
10-30-2009, 02:49 AM
Pennick has been nothing less than special...and I can't believe I just said that. Has to be pretty cool for a 5th year senior to be playing with this much confidence. Lets hope it plays out that way when the lights come on.

:eek:

Always thought he brought above-average D, but couldn't put a golf ball through a hula hoop. Glad to hear that he's getting serious looks for playing time, seems like a class act. I share your hope for him.

ndsubison1
10-30-2009, 03:53 AM
Vaughn, Tveidt, Carlson and Flowers will start. Leaving one spot fairly open. Felt or Pennick will more than likely get that chance. Pennick has been nothing less than special...and I can't believe I just said that. Has to be pretty cool for a 5th year senior to be playing with this much confidence. Lets hope it plays out that way when the lights come on.

Pennick, Vaughn, Tveidt, Carlson, Flowers is my thought right now. Felt is going to play alot. Kid has ice in his veins. Carlson has become a leader. Very tough and physical kid that will go to the line alot. Causes alot of problems.

i hope pennick gets that spot, i really do... good kid. he's gone through a lot and it would be great to see him earn it

HandoEX
10-30-2009, 04:00 AM
What part(s) of Pennick's game has he improved drastically enough to threaten for a starting spot or at least a good portion of PT?

RunDMc34
10-30-2009, 04:50 AM
Pennick has never struck me as a D-1 caliber player, let alone starter. If he is starting for us, he either had an amazing summer or we are proper fucked. What position is he supposed to be playing the 1? or the 2?

Also I know it was only a scrimmage in front of 1000 people or whatever at midnight madness but I saw absolutely nothing there that made my opinion of Austin's game change in the slightest.

NDSUFan_Sav
10-30-2009, 04:55 AM
What part(s) of Pennick's game has he improved drastically enough to threaten for a starting spot or at least a good portion of PT?

seems to me he's making shots more, defense was always his strong suit imo, and to get felt ready to be starting later on this year maybe i'm wrong there. But AP looked like his driving was better and getting to the rim with a more pure shot hopefully I am right

ndsubison1
10-30-2009, 05:04 AM
Pennick has never struck me as a D-1 caliber player, let alone starter. If he is starting for us, he either had an amazing summer or we are proper fucked. What position is he supposed to be playing the 1? or the 2?

Also I know it was only a scrimmage in front of 1000 people or whatever at midnight madness but I saw absolutely nothing there that made my opinion of Austin's game change in the slightest.

has he just faded the last few years or what? or was he just never all that great? he played some good minutes under miles. i remember he got some quality time vs. ksu and some other games. miles must have saw something in him

DjKyRo
10-30-2009, 05:07 AM
As far as I'm concerned nothing is going to matter until conference play starts - if AP starts a few games while Felt gets his bearings, then I'd much rather Felt have time to develop instead of getting thrust into a starting job early. I for one have the utmost faith in Saul to make the right choice as to who starts, and I wholeheartedly believe he's going to determine the starters on a game-by-game basis based on who is the most able to make use of the position and playing time.

NDSUstudent
10-30-2009, 05:07 AM
I think a few of our players will excel with consistent playing time, AP just might be one of those guys. At the very least I would like to see AP get back to where he was in terms of being a defensive stopper, we need a guy like that to lock on guys like Jonathon Jones and Garrett Callahan.

lakesbison
10-30-2009, 05:34 AM
AP, please, he aint no anthony peeler.

FELT will be a 4 year stud, period. TURN HIM LOOSE FROM DAY 1.

SlickVic
10-31-2009, 03:34 AM
ap jv tweet carolson and de jaun started on the same squad that scrimmage I seen not sure what to think of that team time will tell...ap single handedly took over that scrimmage for a stretch by far the most impressive performance...pennick all get to the rim whenever he wants aka at will and he is finally finishing 3 or 4 crafty layins I hate to tell you he could average 15 ppg def double digits if saul starts him and he can cash in on his free throws...he had at least 6 or 7 scores 5 or 6 foul shots 2 or 3 dimes couple charges few steals...I was about to call the fargo pd for one of those freshman ap coulda been charged with harassment don't think the kid got past the time line in 10 trips...the pride of park christians no burgess but im just jacked to see what ap can do this team needs him theres no doubt about it

ndsubison1
10-31-2009, 09:15 AM
AP, please, he aint no anthony peeler.

FELT will be a 4 year stud, period. TURN HIM LOOSE FROM DAY 1.

anthony peeler is pretty good at 3s on nba jam

Tatanka
10-31-2009, 04:05 PM
anthony peeler is pretty good at 3s on nba jam

But he's very, very bad at math. I tutored him once during his playing days at Mizzou. Let's just say that someone else balances the man's checkbook... and the prevailing rumor (which I would sure subscribe to) was that he needed multiple tries to score double digits on the ACT.

But he was one hell of a college bb player.

CC to Slick: good to see the internet on your phone is once again working!

Kermit
10-31-2009, 08:54 PM

I didn't see Pennick coming! In some ways, Pennick could be a very good fit. He is an excellent defender with a ton of athletic ability. A couple of the other likely starters (Vaughn, Carlson) are good basketball players without great quickness so Pennick complements them. If Pennick can play point guard, it would allow Vaughn to stay at the 2 which I believe is his best position. Vaughn has the skills to play the 1 on the offensive end, but I think he would struggle to defend good opposing point guards.

NDSUstudent
11-10-2009, 07:49 PM
Vaughan
Felt
Tveidt
Carlson
Flowers

DjKyRo
11-10-2009, 07:56 PM
Vaughan
Felt
Tveidt
Carlson
Flowers

I like this lineup thus far. AP just has not been anything outstanding from what I've seen, making a lot of mistakes though with admittedly lock-down D. At the moment I would start Felt until/unless AP makes some magic happen - Felt could work wonders with the experience and PT, and honestly he's a crowd-pleaser. Coming to games to see Felt drain 3s all night is going to put butts in seats and get people excited for Bison Basketball.

That said, I could of course be all wrong about AP, and I certainly hope I am as that would be good for the program overall. I'd like to see Aaberg get a bit sharper on the ball, as I think he would really make some noise as a starter if he was about a step quicker here and there. I look to see Felt and Aaberg starting by the time postseason play starts. :nod:

BisonBlogger
11-10-2009, 09:17 PM
You have to remember that exhibition games against lower level college programs rarely tell you much about how freshman will play once you start playing against D1 athletes. I would expect the older guys that have some experience and more strength will most likely eat up the most minutes once the season gets going in full swing.

It is very encouraging however how well the freshman have performed so far and hopefully they can continue to make major contributions. If after a few more games against good teams, the younger guys are performing better than the older guys, let em go. The time is now.

NDSUstudent
11-10-2009, 09:38 PM
The only experience laden lineup I see....

Vaughan
Tveidt
Carlson
Flowers
Sussenguth

That is a big lineup, regardless I suspect Felt and Zastrow will play a lot simply because this team lacks guards. Pennick is not good enough and I haven't seen enough out of Lundberg yet(he definitely doesn't seem comfortable with that mask on).

NDSUstudent
11-12-2009, 03:13 AM
I was listening to prime time sports tonight and Saul hinted that a freshman might be in the starting lineup on Friday...

ndsubison1
11-12-2009, 03:26 AM
felt......

Twentysix
11-12-2009, 06:33 AM
My girlfriends starting 5

Felt
Tveidt
Carlson
Susenguth
Nagel

Shes running the g sf sf c c....

hehe.

Mine is prob

Vaughn
Felt
Tveidt
Carlson
Susenguth-Until Nagel is ready

We both like the fact that as my girlfriend says "is as big as an ogre"
hehe.

ndsubison1
11-12-2009, 07:06 AM
i think flowers will start at the 5 over goose. flowers is better on O

TheDoctor
11-12-2009, 04:08 PM
i think flowers will start at the 5 over goose. flowers is better on O

#44 will start at minimum by the middle of the season. I am not saying he starts Friday, but Jordan will be starting by January, take that to the bank. ;)

99Bison
11-12-2009, 04:13 PM
So by mid season your saying somthing like:
Vaughn
Felt
Tveidt
Aaberg
Carlson

Maybe this year the starting lineup depends a bit upon the opposing team.

ndsubison1
11-12-2009, 07:56 PM
#44 will start at minimum by the middle of the season. I am not saying he starts Friday, but Jordan will be starting by January, take that to the bank. ;)

i wouldnt doubt that at all!

DjKyRo
11-13-2009, 04:58 PM
Word from the media blog is only Braun redshirting.

bisonhusker
11-13-2009, 07:14 PM
Here are tonight's NDSU BISON STARTING FIVE!!!! This is official.

TIME TO GET EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Josh Vaughn
Michael Felt (Go get it FRESHMAN!!!)
Michael Tveidt
Eric Carlson
D Flowers

That is official and I am pumped up!!! GO BISON

Thunder_Struck
11-13-2009, 08:26 PM
Should be fun to watch. It's amazing how much smaller a lineup looks without Luke in it.

Kermit
11-13-2009, 09:16 PM
Here are tonight's NDSU BISON STARTING FIVE!!!! This is official.

TIME TO GET EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Josh Vaughn
Michael Felt (Go get it FRESHMAN!!!)
Michael Tveidt
Eric Carlson
D Flowers

That is official and I am pumped up!!! GO BISON

This isn't a big surprise, but it does confirm how highly Saul and staff think of Mike Felt. Congratulations, Mike! I wonder when a true freshman last started a season opener for the Bison?

I really hope #0 is ready to play his best basketball. If he isn't, I wouldn't be surprised to see Aaberg in the lineup, at some point this season. I think Flowers is quite capable of providing what the team needs, he just needs to be much more consistent.

Go Bison!!!!!

DjKyRo
11-14-2009, 12:22 AM
LET'S GO FELT! LET'S GO FELT! LET'S GO FELT!

And BISON!

TheBisonator
11-15-2009, 05:52 AM
Tviedt
Carlson
Sussenguth
Vaughan
Felt

Flowers
Nagel
Aaberg
Zastrow
Pennick

Off the bench

rutlandbison
11-15-2009, 08:03 PM
As long Austin Pennick isn't starting, i'm fine with it.