PDA

View Full Version : Positives from SDSU

runtheoption
10-18-2009, 11:21 AM
OK, there are a lot of negative posts and threads out there, so we better start our weekly review of "Positives". I was very frustrated last night, but have slept on in it and have cooled off a bit. Feel free to add to the list. Here we go:

1. No NDSU players/coaches got hurt while celebrating with the Dakota Marker.

2. PP will be back next week.

3. No player threw a punch or got ejected.

4. Hopefully Coach Bohl will see how very, very, very, very, very bad our special teams are and replace that coach.

5. Many teachable moments in film review for the defense, especially on how to improve their tackling.

6. Mertens threw only 2 INT's.

7. DJ and Ojuri got plenty of work in. I look forward to #23 being our starting tailback next year even more than before.

8. We didn't miss any field goals.

9. I saw SD Bison on TV, cheering very hard.

10. Gene Taylor looked good during the halftime interview wearing one of those black NDSU leather jackets.

11. Our hydration staff on getting Preston Evans back on the field after he started cramping.

12. That much closer to seeing another stud recruiting class next fall, and 4mcrue will get to realize his dream of possibly seeing another ND kid play at QB for NDSU.

13. Outdoor football, on the grass.

14. Mohler only needs to complete passes at a rate of more than 54.64% and have a TD/INT ratio better than 5/4 to be an improvement. Seriously, I just checked the stats on gobison.com.

bisonmike2
10-18-2009, 11:43 AM
there are now only 4 games left in this train wreck of a season. Meaning, at worst we'll only have to see Mertens as a QB for 4 more games. Unless of course Bohl figures out how to get him an extra year of eligibility.

Gully
10-18-2009, 12:12 PM
I didn't watch....just listened, but it sounded like the officials did a good job.

So there goes the theory that I was just complaining about officials because we lost.

TransAmBison
10-18-2009, 12:20 PM
Positives? We are one game closer to Bohl being done.

bisonmike2
10-18-2009, 12:40 PM
I didn't watch....just listened, but it sounded like the officials did a good job.

So there goes the theory that I was just complaining about officials because we lost.

the officiating did seem much improved. of course even if there were only 20 penalties that still would have been a big improvement, but over all no glaring wtf calls.

Jay
10-18-2009, 03:47 PM
4. Hopefully Coach Bohl will see how very, very, very, very, very bad our special teams are and replace that coach.

Oh how it would be nice if he replaced himself.

roadwarrior
10-18-2009, 04:08 PM
We won the coin toss, and took the ball.

bisonmike2
10-18-2009, 04:10 PM
any injuries? I don't remember any, just Evans going out for cramps.

NDSUFan_Sav
10-18-2009, 04:38 PM
we've always got a whale of a game the week after

Tatanka
10-18-2009, 07:07 PM
-----------------------------

----------------------------
(space intentionally left blank)

VanClubPres
10-18-2009, 07:26 PM
Unless of course Bohl figures out how to get him an extra year of eligibility.

Actully, I did hear that he was going to apply Mertens for a Medical Redshirt year.

Apparently, and I was not at this game to see it myself, but at Youngstown last year, he got his feelings hurt. And since the injury carried over a full year, they should approve and we will have him back.

It is tough to play with hurt feelings. What a trooper.

tjbison
10-18-2009, 07:26 PM
OK, there are a lot of negative posts and threads out there, so we better start our weekly review of "Positives". I was very frustrated last night, but have slept on in it and have cooled off a bit. Feel free to add to the list. Here we go:

1. No NDSU players/coaches got hurt while celebrating with the Dakota Marker.

2. PP will be back next week.

3. No player threw a punch or got ejected.

5. Many teachable moments in film review for the defense, especially on how to improve their tackling.

6. Mertens threw only 2 INT's.

7. DJ and Ojuri got plenty of work in. I look forward to #23 being our starting tailback next year even more than before.

8. We didn't miss any field goals.

9. I saw SD Bison on TV, cheering very hard.

10. Gene Taylor looked good during the halftime interview wearing one of those black NDSU leather jackets.

11. Our hydration staff on getting Preston Evans back on the field after he started cramping.

12. That much closer to seeing another stud recruiting class next fall, and 4mcrue will get to realize his dream of possibly seeing another ND kid play at QB for NDSU.

13. Outdoor football, on the grass.

14. Mohler only needs to complete passes at a rate of more than 54.64% and have a TD/INT ratio better than 5/4 to be an improvement. Seriously, I just checked the stats on gobison.com.

1. We didn't win so I see your sarcasm LOL

4. assuming your sarcasm goes beyond point 1 he will replace himself LOL

8. true but he missed another F*cking PAT good god I CAN MAKE THOSE!!!

13. you called that crap grass???? looked like a Pasture

NDSUFan_Sav
10-18-2009, 07:32 PM

well it wasn't Bibeau this time

56BISON73
10-18-2009, 07:35 PM

Ok heres this kids chance. As a replacement kicker you hardly ever see the field except from the sideline. So how do you miss a chip shot when you get your big chance???

Seriously-- I kicked PATs my senior year in HS and never missed one. Geeez Its not that difficult.

tjbison
10-18-2009, 07:47 PM
well it wasn't Bibeau this time

sorry should have put THEY instead of he

Ok heres this kids chance. As a replacement kicker you hardly ever see the field except from the sideline. So how do you miss a chip shot when you get your big chance???

Seriously-- I kicked PATs my senior year in HS and never missed one. Geeez Its not that difficult.

DAMN RIGHT!!!! its sad all the kickers have to do at practice is KICK they need no other talent but obviously we don't look for talent:banghead: :banghead:

NDSUFan_Sav
10-18-2009, 08:54 PM
positives.....

TAILGATING...one of the best tailgating I've ever had, thanks to the people on here you know who you are that made it happen!!!

another positive we don't have these for our bathrooms in the West lot:

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l254/bigsav03/1017091454.jpg

ndsubison1
10-18-2009, 09:06 PM
tailgating was fun... first time at a game in brookings. met some more bisonville people, always nice to put a face to a screen name! had a great time other than the losing part...

jimmyjack
10-18-2009, 09:42 PM
positives.....

TAILGATING...one of the best tailgating I've ever had, thanks to the people on here you know who you are that made it happen!!!

Just curious. What does the City of Fargo have for "tailgating" restrooms in its west lot?

56BISON73
10-18-2009, 09:48 PM
Just curious. What does the City of Fargo have for "tailgating" restrooms in its west lot?

I hope those arent the crappers.:D

unbison
10-18-2009, 09:54 PM

yeah but you had the square kicking shoe

56BISON73
10-18-2009, 09:58 PM
yeah but you had the square kicking shoe

Nope. Round toe. LOL What funny is I was going to be specific about that point but thought---who would remember the square toe??? Youre older than you let on. :D

bisonbills
10-18-2009, 10:13 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/stellkins/mot26.jpg

NDSUFan_Sav
10-18-2009, 10:16 PM
another positive....I woke up with barely any voice!!!!

ndsubison1
10-18-2009, 10:18 PM
another positive....I woke up with barely any voice!!!!

cant talk either... loved yelling at the Jacks fans, too bad our team couldnt help back us up though :hide:

Sturgisj
10-18-2009, 11:24 PM
Another positive to your season.. Nov 14 Indiana St finally wins a game.

runtheoption
10-18-2009, 11:51 PM

True, it did look like crap on TV, but maybe in person it wasn't so bad? Anyone that was there got any input?

NDSUstudent
10-18-2009, 11:52 PM
True, it did look like crap on TV, but maybe in person it wasn't so bad? Anyone that was there got any input?

Their field is a pasture, field turf would be a nice upgrade for them.

NDSUFan_Sav
10-18-2009, 11:53 PM

field was used the night before, pretty crappy imo could of been way worse though

Blue
10-18-2009, 11:59 PM
field was used the night before, pretty crappy imo could of been way worse though
No it wasn't, it was used the week before though.

Tatanka
10-19-2009, 12:02 AM
Their field is a pasture, grass would be a nice upgrade for them.

This, and bleachers that don't bounce.

Mr. Burgundy
10-19-2009, 12:12 AM

Tiger Woods couldn't advance a wedge off that field. It was that long.

DjKyRo
10-19-2009, 12:20 AM

I marched on it - it was BAD.

HandoEX
10-19-2009, 12:26 AM
I'm excited to upgrade my season tickets for next season! More bandwagon fans are bound to not renew after each loss so that's definately a positive!!!

NDSUFan_Sav
10-19-2009, 12:43 AM
No it wasn't, it was used the week before though.

thought brookings high played there the night before, sorry that was the word I heard.

jimmyjack
10-19-2009, 01:03 PM
Tiger Woods couldn't advance a wedge off that field. It was that long.

Rumor has it that Field Turf is on the way. Very soon.

Thumper 76
10-19-2009, 06:40 PM
And when you play on a carpet, any length of grass would make it look long.

HandoEX
11-12-2010, 03:50 AM
positives.....

Had to bump this old thread because this pic always makes me laugh. And YES, it's an actual pic of the pissers at CAS tailgating.

4mcruenomore
11-12-2010, 04:16 AM
wow, I'll take the 2 overflowing toilets in the FFD lastweekend over that anyday. Who wants to take a rager #2 during a game and plug it is beyond me, do that crap at home, literally.

DjKyRo
11-12-2010, 10:38 AM
wow, I'll take the 2 overflowing toilets in the FFD lastweekend over that anyday. Who wants to take a rager #2 during a game and plug it is beyond me, do that crap at home, literally.

I ate a lot of cabbage at tailgate, sheesh. :rofl: