PDA

View Full Version : Would a Roster of Players Commit Program Suicide?

CaBisonFan
10-18-2009, 03:03 AM
This happened with the Colorado Avalanche a while back. They had given up on their coach...and they threw in the towel to prove a point. It happened with the Lakers early in Magic Johnson's career...with a slightly different twist.

I 'do not' see a lack of talent. I see some holes that could be filled quickly with some solid recruiting in the JUCO and FBS ranks. The Bison are very, very talented. There is no way that we should have been kicked around the field in Brookings tonight...especially in the 2nd half. It was unbelievable to watch.

Whether intentional or not...this group of players has given up, either on themselves...or the coaches. I believe that 'they' don't believe in the coaches...and 'that'...is a problem.

Are they losing on purpose? Of course not. But the attitude would indicate a deep issue for these guys.

Question: Why were there a few North Dakota kids pounding on us tonight? One was never offered, called, or talked to. There's one in Lincoln that wanted to be a Bison. He's only 6' 7" or something like that. Call this bullshit if you want...but the rumor mill is strong...that Mr. Q was never talked to.

TransAmBison
10-18-2009, 03:08 AM
In no way shape or form do I see them giving up. I do see lack of discipline and leadership. I saw defenders give up pursuit...oh he got by me, guess I can take a break. Saw that numerous times. Unacceptable...shows what is acceptable to a coach. It is what I expect of southern teams. Makes my blood boil. Then we have the offense, which isn't much more that a 6 cylinder this year, and at least one of the spark plugs is shot. The coach has no faith in the offense and is too afraid to make a change.

Bohl is done. My pitchfork is ready. I have a few torches ready too. I may have an extra clubs as well.

aces1180
10-18-2009, 06:23 PM
In no way shape or form do I see them giving up. I do see lack of discipline and leadership. I saw defenders give up pursuit...oh he got by me, guess I can take a break. Saw that numerous times. Unacceptable...shows what is acceptable to a coach. It is what I expect of southern teams. Makes my blood boil. Then we have the offense, which isn't much more that a 6 cylinder this year, and at least one of the spark plugs is shot. The coach has no faith in the offense and is too afraid to make a change.

Bohl is done. My pitchfork is ready. I have a few torches ready too. I may have an extra clubs as well.

Someone needs to put a for sale (or for rent) sign at his residence and post them online. I know for a fact that this has happened in the SEC.

Grizzled
10-18-2009, 06:30 PM
Question: Why were there a few North Dakota kids pounding on us tonight? One was never offered, called, or talked to. There's one in Lincoln that wanted to be a Bison. He's only 6' 7" or something like that. Call this bullshit if you want...but the rumor mill is strong...that Mr. Q was never talked to.

Don't know who you hear your rumors from but I'll throw the bullshit flag. I'm also guessing if a kid gets a chance to be courted by NDSU or Nebraska the Huskers might win that battle.

umdbulldogs
10-18-2009, 06:33 PM
i guess im not seeing where there isnt a shortage of talent? d-backs and wr's look awful as of now, linebackers are very thin, i have yet to see bohl develop a qb that he brings in...it seems bohl builds very good o-lines and runningbacks, but other than that i havent seen much that i would testify as a talent filled squad not living to the hype, what im seeing is bohl having early success and believing that would just carry over...maybe he isnt working as hard as he used to be? maybe his own arrogance is getting in the way of his coaching. i see a lot of glen mason in craig bohl...very smug and only willing to do so much after success...

99Bison
10-18-2009, 06:33 PM
Don't know who you hear your rumors from but I'll throw the bullshit flag. I'm also guessing if a kid gets a chance to be courted by NDSU or Nebraska the Huskers might win that battle.

Yeah, that is BS. He was recruited very heavily and very early.

CaBisonFan
10-18-2009, 06:35 PM

Knew I could count on you. Was waiting. Qvale was never contacted. Not a letter...not a call...not an offer. Quote from the family: "He wanted to go to NDSU." I am well aware of the difference between the two programs.

CaBisonFan
10-18-2009, 06:37 PM
Yeah, that is BS. He was recruited very heavily and very early.

Not......as in...not.

56BISON73
10-18-2009, 06:42 PM
Knew I could count on you. Was waiting. Qvale was never contacted. Not a letter...not a call...not an offer. Quote from the family: "He wanted to go to NDSU." I am well aware of the difference between the two programs.

CA you are full of --it. I just happened to meet the kid when he was on his visit. His father introduced him to me. My god where to come up with this crap.?????

CaBisonFan
10-18-2009, 06:50 PM
CA you are full of --it. I just happened to meet the kid when he was on his visit. His father introduced him to me. My god where to come up with this crap.?????

A very, very, very, very, very close connection to the family...the family that was bewildered. Where do you come up with yours?

NDSUstudent
10-18-2009, 06:52 PM
A very, very, very, very, very close connection to the family...the family that was bewildered. Where do you come up with yours?

CA, he met the kid at NDSU at a recruiting visit, step away from the computer because somebody gave you some bad information here.

56BISON73
10-18-2009, 06:54 PM

You didnt understand my post????
I MET the KID. His father introduced me. They were in Fargo for a game. He was on a visit. I played on the same team as his father. Got it?????

NDSUFan_Sav
10-18-2009, 06:57 PM
the big question PL is did he get a piece of your famous sausage :D

Grizzled
10-18-2009, 06:58 PM

Well I'm glad you can count on me. I guess I was basing my information from someone who coached in Williston. Definately not family but I guess I considered it to be reliable. Also I dug up one of a few articles online from an interview with Brent. I'm guessing they asked him who he had offers from.

http://iowastate.scout.com/2/758619.html

I won't argue with you though. You heard what you heard, I heard what I heard.

CaBisonFan
10-18-2009, 06:58 PM
I MET the KID. His father introduced me. They were in Fargo for a game. He was on a visit. I played on the same team as his father. Got it?????

I'm aware of your connection and that his father played at SU. What's to get? You're always right PL. Always... ;)

56BISON73
10-18-2009, 06:59 PM
the big question PL is did he get a piece of your famous sausage :D

Im sorry to say that the sausage wasnt available at the time as it was two years ago. :D

CaBisonFan
10-18-2009, 07:01 PM
Im sorry to say that the sausage wasnt available at the time as it was two years ago. :D

Within this might lie the real reason. Somewhere between two sausages. I'll admit that I'm wrong sometimes. Would you 73?

IzzyFlexion
10-18-2009, 07:05 PM

Are you sure it wasn't another 6'7" 330 pound lineman from Williston High School? :D

56BISON73
10-18-2009, 07:13 PM
Are you sure it wasn't another 6'7" 330 pound lineman from Williston High School? :D

Well I was pretty taken aback when I shook the kids hand because my fingers barely touched the outside of his palm. So I could have been mistaken because when he moved he blocked the sun and my vision was impaired.:D

IzzyFlexion
10-18-2009, 07:23 PM
Well I was pretty taken aback when I shook the kids hand because my fingers barely touched the outside of his palm. So I could have been mistaken because when he moved he blocked the sun and my vision was impaired.:D

Are you telling me that his fingers were like........ sausages?!?!
Somebody stop me......I'm killing myself!!!!!http://media.bigoo.ws/content/gif/smiles/smiles_268.gifhttp://media.bigoo.ws/content/gif/smiles/smiles_268.gifhttp://media.bigoo.ws/content/gif/smiles/smiles_268.gif

56BISON73
10-18-2009, 07:25 PM
Are you telling me that his fingers were like........ sausages?!?!
Somebody stop me......I'm killing myself!!!!!http://media.bigoo.ws/content/gif/smiles/smiles_268.gifhttp://media.bigoo.ws/content/gif/smiles/smiles_268.gifhttp://media.bigoo.ws/content/gif/smiles/smiles_268.gif

OH MY GOD???? I hope that wasnt his sausage????? Oh fingers like sausages. Got it.

CaBisonFan
10-18-2009, 07:26 PM
OH MY GOD???? I hope that wasnt his sausage????? Oh fingers like sausages. Got it.

So the real truth comes out. I have been corrected. :D

We're of the same generation. I was in town during the early to mid 70s.