PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Joe

KTF
10-15-2009, 02:37 AM
Thank You Joseph Chapman for your 11 years of dedication to NDSU. Your vision and leadership has taken the university to heights never thought possible.

The student support you had was unbelievable. The public chant of "Don't Go Joe" and you withdrawing your name from Montana State is my most vivid memory of your tenure.

I wish you the best wherever you land!

Bison bison
10-15-2009, 02:39 AM
Phew. Read the post title and thought that things were so bad people were sarcastically blaming the guy upstairs for recent developments at NDSU.

KTF
10-15-2009, 02:53 AM
Phew. Read the post title and thought that things were so bad people were sarcastically blaming the guy upstairs for recent developments at NDSU.

LOL Guess I never thought of it that way. Thanks for the laugh, I needed that!!

BigBison
10-15-2009, 02:56 AM
Chapman was awesome. For me as a student NDSU aint gunna feel the same with out him. This is gunna take some time.

G-city Bison Fan
10-15-2009, 03:03 AM
Joe and Gale,

Thank you, you are both wonderful people and fantastic at your jobs.

You will be missed around campus and by the city/state.

tjbison
10-15-2009, 03:04 AM
Thank You Joseph Chapman for your 11 years of dedication to NDSU. Your vision and leadership has taken the university to heights never thought possible.

The student support you had was unbelievable. The public chant of "Don't Go Joe" and you withdrawing your name from Montana State is my most vivid memory of your tenure.

I wish you the best wherever you land!

agreed, but wasn't it Wyoming??

aces1180
10-15-2009, 03:09 AM
agreed, but wasn't it Wyoming??

Yes, it was.

aces1180
10-15-2009, 03:12 AM
My favorite thing about Chapman was how nice he was to everyone...I was in the PortaPotty line at the 2007 SDSU football game and he just chatted away about Bison football like he was one of my oldest friends. It's too bad it went down like this...I hope NDSU finds someone with half the vision he has as the new prez.

admin
10-15-2009, 03:30 AM
Changed the title. Just a warning, if people start posting stuff here that is not a thank you, the Wrath of Elf will be swift and merciless (see below)

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp89/dawgXdenta/3.jpg

Bison bison
10-15-2009, 03:31 AM
Thanks a lot, Elf.

You ruined my joke.

CAN THINGS GET ANY WORSE FOR NDSU AND NDB2???

:p

TbonZach
10-15-2009, 03:40 AM

Mr. Patterson? What does he have to do with anything? Oh, wait, sorry. That's the guy that lives above me. :p

But seriously - Dr. Chapman will be missed by me and the GSB as a whole. He put a lot into getting us to where we are today.

onbison09
10-15-2009, 03:41 AM
My favorite thing about Chapman was how nice he was to everyone...I was in the PortaPotty line at the 2007 SDSU football game and he just chatted away about Bison football like he was one of my oldest friends. It's too bad it went down like this...I hope NDSU finds someone with half the vision he has as the new prez.

He was standing outside of the alumni party at the Sam Houston State game (his wife may have been there, I'm not sure) and his face lit up when I went to shake his hand. I know it was the big Teammakers trip but I honestly can say he greeted us the same as he greeted everyone else. I think he even said, "Hey I'm Joe." But maybe I'm just imagining that now. But he just came off as a great guy. Is there any way to email him to tell him thanks?

ndsubison1
10-15-2009, 03:57 AM
Thank you Joe! You've been such a huge asset to NDSU and nobody can take away what you've accomplished here...

sambini
10-15-2009, 04:18 AM
Thanks Joe++++

bisonveep08
10-15-2009, 05:10 AM
He was standing outside of the alumni party at the Sam Houston State game (his wife may have been there, I'm not sure) and his face lit up when I went to shake his hand. I know it was the big Teammakers trip but I honestly can say he greeted us the same as he greeted everyone else. I think he even said, "Hey I'm Joe." But maybe I'm just imagining that now. But he just came off as a great guy. Is there any way to email him to tell him thanks?

joseph.chapman@ndsu.edu

He reads every single email, good or bad.

Thanks a lot, Elf.

You ruined my joke.

CAN THINGS GET ANY WORSE FOR NDSU AND NDB2???

:p

I posted this in one forum, and I'll say it again:

He's done more for North Dakota than anyone can imagine.

We're a Division-I University that's increased exponentially in the number of students since Chapman's been here (9000 to 14000). We bring in numerous NIH Grants to perform research in some of the most sought-after fields in medicine. Moody's ranked NDSU third on the list of major economic industries in North Dakota (behind natural resources and agriculture). For you sports fans, our marching band has increased in size (due to the fact there is more scholarship money for talented individuals), ESPN is coming to the BSA, and our administration, albeit head-hunted lately, is one of the most student-oriented administrations one could ever imagine. Are you aware that student governments around the nation look to NDSU's administration as a model of ideal service to students?

I wish everyone would have had the opportunity to serve NDSU and Dr. Chapman in the same capacity that some of us have through student government and service organizations, but the bottom line is, we're all in this together. We're all bison, and we all live it.

If you don't like it, go start writing articles for the Forum.

99Bison
10-15-2009, 06:02 AM
Thanks Joe.

Among the many things, first and formost for showing people of North Dakota whatever vision is set forth can be accomplished in North Dakota.

G-city Bison Fan
10-15-2009, 06:10 AM
Thanks Joe.

Among the many things, first and formost for showing people of North Dakota whatever vision is set forth can be accomplished in North Dakota.

And subsequently shit on by haters.

It is times like these we need a 300 ft tall robo-lakes to carry out revenge. ;)