PDA

View Full Version : Paschall Suspended by MVC for SDSU game

Swany
10-13-2009, 09:16 PM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/256173/

ST. LOUIS – The Missouri Valley Football Conference announced today that North Dakota State running back Pat Paschall has been suspended for one game for fighting in the fourth quarter of NDSU’s game against Northern Iowa on Saturday.

bisonmike2
10-13-2009, 09:28 PM

ST. LOUIS – The Missouri Valley Football Conference announced today that North Dakota State running back Pat Paschall has been suspended for one game for fighting in the fourth quarter of NDSU’s game against Northern Iowa on Saturday.

Great. 2009 season is officially dead to me.

GradBison
10-13-2009, 09:32 PM
Lost the brightest of our very few bright spots this season right in time for our rivalry game. Super great.

Rabbitlivinginverm
10-13-2009, 09:34 PM
PP looked very good in the replay of the Bison game I watched last night. Big loss. I was looking forward to watching him play and figured he was in for a big day (was not looking foward to that). Is DJ McNorton the back up? How does he (or whomever is) compare to PP?

Bison55
IMO- total BS

The guy literally rides him all the way to the wall

not condoning the punch being thrown, but they always get the guy who acts second, not the guy who started it

Trampled
Did the other guy get suspended?

Mr. Burgundy
10-13-2009, 09:38 PM
Nope. I am so pissed it hurts. Absolutely amazing. F the Bison is the new rallying cry of the damn league.

NDSUstudent
Did the other guy get suspended?

No, UNI is God's gift to the MVFC and that is how they get treated. I hope they lose every game.

bisonmike2
Bohl now looks like a jack-hole for saying none our our players threw a punch. It's ridiculous the kid that drove him to the wall didn't get a suspension too. The lack of discipline and execution has hurt us all year so this doesn't come as much surprise. This whole incident, hell his whole year directly reflects upon the leadership, or lack thereof, of Bohl and his coaching staff. This team deserves to go 1-10.

bisongirl
I'm interested to hear what Bohl will say about this since on the Craig Bohl Show he said that no Bison players threw any punches.

Bison"FANatic"
10-13-2009, 09:39 PM
Hey it sucks but I guess we will get to see what we have for next year and see how they step up to being the starting back. I guess we are down to McNorton and Ojuri with Voight getting hurt. Who is the 3rd string RB????? Horner. He played it last year and was then moved in the spring?.

jacks1
10-13-2009, 09:44 PM
PP looked very good in the replay of the Bison game I watched last night. Big loss. I was looking forward to watching him play and figured he was in for a big day (was not looking foward to that). Is DJ McNorton the back up? How does he (or whomever is) compare to PP?

Yah, I was looking forward to seeing him play also. IF the Jacks prevail, I already know what the excuse is going to be...even though we're down our starting QB and DE.

spelunker64
10-13-2009, 09:44 PM
It never said what game though. Could they appeal and push it back a game or two (ISU???)

clenz
10-13-2009, 09:46 PM
I told you that Pat would be the one suspended for this, and the league reviewing the tape would only spell bad things for NDSU.

I don't care if Fort rode him to the wall, the punch shouldn'th ave been thrown.

The president has been set time and time again by every level that a punch = suspension, regardless of what happend before

NDSUstudent
10-13-2009, 09:47 PM
I told you that Pat would be the one suspended for this, and the league reviewing the tape would only spell bad things for NDSU.

I don't care if Fort rode him to the wall, the punch shouldn'th ave been thrown.

The president has been set time and time again by every level that a punch = suspension, regardless of what happend before

What does Obama have to do with this?

spelunker64
10-13-2009, 09:48 PM

What about the punches #18 and #27 threw from UNI?

Mr. Burgundy
10-13-2009, 09:49 PM
I'm interested to hear what Bohl will say about this since on the Craig Bohl Show he said that no Bison players threw any punches.

well, maybe he had a chance to watch the film. He may have been speaking from what he personally saw in the "scrum." The show was the next morning. I am sure this is not what he had in mind.

IzzyFlexion
10-13-2009, 09:49 PM
It never said what game though. Could they appeal and push it back a game or two (ISU???)

This presents a double whammy in some respects. The game plan that has been in motion since Sunday will need to be tweaked some in preparation for SDSU. But then again, the entire team suffers in the wake of suspensions in many ways and changing strategies and/personnell planning in mid-week is just one of the disadvantages.

clenz
10-13-2009, 09:51 PM
What about the punches #18 and #27 threw from UNI?

Show them to me on tape and then we will talk. I'm shocked to see your little number 7 didn't get run for his punch too.

I'm still waiting to here about this huge haymaker that Fort threw that almost hit the sideline guy

bisonmike2
10-13-2009, 09:51 PM
Yah, I was looking forward to seeing him play also. IF the Jacks prevail, I already know what the excuse is going to be...even though we're down our starting QB and DE.

You seem to forget that we still have Nick Mertens and Craig Bohl calling the shots. Pat could have ran for 300 yards and those 2 still would have found a way to blow the game. And I haven't even mention our defense. This game was decided way before Pat getting suspended, this just clinched it for you.

spelunker64
10-13-2009, 09:52 PM
Show them to me on tape and then we will talk. I'm shocked to see your little number 7 didn't get run for his punch too.

I'm still waiting to here about this huge haymaker that Fort threw that almost hit the sideline guy

Come on back up here and I'll serve ya a couple cool ones and we can watch the replay on the DVR again. It was towards the end of the melee

NDSUstudent
10-13-2009, 09:53 PM
well, maybe he had a chance to watch the film. He may have been speaking from what he personally saw in the "scrum." The show was the next morning. I am sure this is not what he had in mind.

Yeah, I highly doubt Bohl wanted to sit down and watch that game all over again that night. Somebody probably told him no punches were thrown because he said at the press conference that he didn't see anything.

spelunker64
10-13-2009, 09:53 PM
Well it makes pulling the shirt off Ojuri look better...

90BISON
10-13-2009, 09:54 PM

Not trying to argue, or deflate our next great excuse :blush: , but I thought I heard/read that your QB was going to be back for this game?? :confused:

clenz
10-13-2009, 09:54 PM
Come on back up here and I'll serve ya a couple cool ones and we can watch the replay on the DVR again. It was towards the end of the melee

If I wasn't about 8 hours from Fargo....maybe. I'm not saying they didn't happen, I'm saying show them to me and then I will comment on them

spelunker64
10-13-2009, 09:57 PM
If I wasn't about 8 hours from Fargo....maybe. I'm not saying they didn't happen, I'm saying show them to me and then I will comment on them

Watch the full replay, that's as far as I can help ya from up here :rolleyes:

heckler
10-13-2009, 09:59 PM

He can't hold your hand through everything. Might have to get off your couch and hit a few buttons.

jacks1
10-13-2009, 10:00 PM
Not trying to argue, or deflate our next great excuse :blush: , but I thought I heard/read that your QB was going to be back for this game?? :confused:

I just read that myself....we'll see I guess.

80ALUM
10-13-2009, 10:03 PM
Not happy about Paschall but the fact that the other guy is not suspended infuriates me.:mad:

NDSUstudent
10-13-2009, 10:07 PM
Not happy about Paschall but the fact that the other guy is not suspended infuriates me.:mad:

#24 did something when they were up against the wall, not sure he elbowed him or what but he did more than just riding Paschall out of bounds.

Tatanka
10-13-2009, 10:07 PM

No, take the suspension like a man. It was earned. Appealing and pushing the suspension back a game or two just to have it come against an easy opponent? Sounds more like a certain hockey team's approach to discipline... and it would be flat-out douchebaggery.

aces1180
10-13-2009, 10:11 PM
I just repeated an ever-so common mistake...I read the comments on the Forum article...I need to stop doing that crap because we live in a society with 80% morons.:banghead:

DjKyRo
10-13-2009, 10:13 PM
Wow. Not saying Paschall was necessarily in the right, but this seems tremendously unfair - what would any of them have done in his position? When does football end and defending yourself begin? Jesus, this was the last thing we needed - and they're not even slapping the wrists of the guy who instigated it.

clenz
10-13-2009, 10:14 PM
Wow. Not saying Paschall was necessarily in the right, but this seems tremendously unfair - what would any of them have done in his position? When does football end and defending yourself begin? Jesus, this was the last thing we needed - and they're not even slapping the wrists of the guy who instigated it.
Punching Fort was needed when he was in the middle of a hundred Bison players?

BigBison
10-13-2009, 10:15 PM

Come on clenz you gotta admit that what Fort did was cheap?

DjKyRo
10-13-2009, 10:16 PM

After running him 20 feet out of bounds into a concrete wall? Like I said, not saying he was in the right but what would anyone else have done in his position?

NDSUstudent
10-13-2009, 10:17 PM
I just watched it on gobison again and Jorgenson said that Fort threw punch as well, he said it missed him by inches. You can clearly see that Fort did something when they got to the wall that caused Pat to further retaliate, not sure what it was because it is hard to see with the wall and mass of humanity on the screen.

RunDMc34
10-13-2009, 10:18 PM
I have no problem with Pat's reaction or his subsequent suspension, but are you seriously trying to say to me you can drive a guy OB through a bench and not have anything done to you in this league.

You gotta be kidding me. UNI is the chippiest team I ever remember coming to Fargo. It seems to me that if this was how the league wants to look at things then you can just cheap shot whoever you want, hope they retaliate, wich most people will, and then they get suspended and the penalties offset.

Good news, Ojuri will get major touches vs a tough physical team and we will see how much trouble we are in next season.

bisontwice
10-13-2009, 10:20 PM
So did the league review the tape??? How can the UNI player get off with nothing??? First lousy officials for the last 2 (at least) MVC games and now bad judgement decisions from the league office. Makes me long for the Great West where at least the officials in charge had a clue about what was going on.

The Lost Dutchman
10-13-2009, 10:20 PM
I believe in the NCAA Bi laws, it's something like rule 9.5 or something. We're just not sure if you have to connect on an opposing player with a closed fisted punch in order to be suspended. It does say clearly though that it has to be closed fisted in order for a player to get suspended for a game.

heckler
10-13-2009, 10:22 PM
Bohl now looks like a jack-hole for saying none our our players threw a punch. It's ridiculous the kid that drove him to the wall didn't get a suspension too. The lack of discipline and execution has hurt us all year so this doesn't come as much surprise. This whole incident, hell his whole year directly reflects upon the leadership, or lack thereof, of Bohl and his coaching staff. This team deserves to go 1-10.

This has been a common theme for this year. I realize they are all seperate incidents but when does it stop? Just one thing after another.

NDSUstudent
10-13-2009, 10:23 PM
I believe in the NCAA Bi laws, it's something like rule 9.5 or something. We're just not sure if you have to connect on an opposing player with a closed fisted punch in order to be suspended. It does say clearly though that it has to be closed fisted in order for a player to get suspended for a game.

If you watch the Gobison webcast, #24 throws a punch, it doesn't connect. But he definitely tried.

heckler
10-13-2009, 10:24 PM
I have no problem with Pat's reaction or his subsequent suspension, but are you seriously trying to say to me you can drive a guy OB through a bench and not have anything done to you in this league.

You gotta be kidding me. UNI is the chippiest team I ever remember coming to Fargo. It seems to me that if this was how the league wants to look at things then you can just cheap shot whoever you want, hope they retaliate, wich most people will, and then they get suspended and the penalties offset.

Good news, Ojuri will get major touches vs a tough physical team and we will see how much trouble we are in next season.

This has the makings of having another und on our hands...

Herd Mentality
10-13-2009, 10:26 PM
wow ... I'm a little shocked that this was a one way suspension.

cvbison1
10-13-2009, 10:26 PM
This has the makings of having another und on our hands...

WOW, this is complete horse sh!+ WOW

jack power
10-13-2009, 10:27 PM
I'm sure i'll regret getting in the middle of this but i watched a replay of the game. The first time i saw this play, i thought Fort rode PP out of bounds and was in the wrong. He did throw an obvious punch at the end. Then i saw it from a different angle and you could clearly see PP had a hold of Forts facemask 4-5 yards before they got to the sidelines. One could make the case that he actually drug him out. At the least they were latched together and their momentum carried them to the bench.

NDSUstudent
10-13-2009, 10:33 PM
I'm sure i'll regret getting in the middle of this but i watched a replay of the game. The first time i saw this play, i thought Fort rode PP out of bounds and was in the wrong. He did throw an obvious punch at the end. Then i saw it from a different angle and you could clearly see PP had a hold of Forts facemask 4-5 yards before they got to the sidelines. One could make the case that he actually drug him out. At the least they were latched together and their momentum carried them to the bench.

He grabbed his fask mask because he was going to fall out of bounds and into the bench. None the less, both players threw punches, both should be sitting.

Capn_Cat
10-13-2009, 10:36 PM
No, UNI is God's gift to the MVFC and that is how they get treated. I hope they lose every game.

Do you know how ridiculous you and that bonehead above you sound, you little kid?

Jesus.

http://www.wdtprs.com/images/crybaby2.jpg
"I no like UNI. They big bad bullies. WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!"

NDSUstudent
10-13-2009, 10:37 PM
Do you know how ridiculous you and that bonehead above you sound, you little kid?

Jesus.

http://www.wdtprs.com/images/crybaby2.jpg
"I no like UNI. They big bad bullies. WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!"

I was rather angry at that moment, I'll take some it back, but I'm just tired of this crap.

NDSUstudent
10-13-2009, 10:52 PM
From a UNI fan....................

From a contact within the Valley offices, they felt like Paschall pulled Fort with him as much as Fort pushed him out. The only evidence they saw of a punch was by Paschall. I will try to get an official comment.

VanClubPres
10-13-2009, 11:03 PM
This is becoming a MVFC board between the One year wanna-be rabbits and my fecal matter smells like gold panthers. Last I checked it says Bisonville up on top.

Of course PP got his just reward, it sucks but it is true. I am also glad that he did it. Defend yourselves, the refs are not going to do it. We got it both ways on this one, though. The refs called it off setting penalties, which was not right, seeing as Fort engaged by driving him out in the first place, and the MVFC in their wisdom really dropped the ball on this.

But no reason to threaten the chances of a MVFC team making it to the playoffs. It will look good for the conference......that is good merit for no suspension.

Jdubs21
10-13-2009, 11:06 PM
Bullsh!! Bullsh!! Bullsh!! Bullsh!! Bullsh!!

tjbison
10-13-2009, 11:10 PM
Tough loss but if he threw a punch he deserves it! Not going comment on Fort as I have not watched any replays!

HerdBot
10-13-2009, 11:17 PM

Funny but many here want to lose our starting QB. :)

The Lost Dutchman
10-13-2009, 11:36 PM
Funny but many here want to lose our starting QB. :)

Off topic slightly, but there are reports that SDSU's QB may be back for the game for NDSU.

HandoEX
10-13-2009, 11:46 PM
This will just make beating SDSU on Saturday that much better.

NDSUstudent
10-13-2009, 11:48 PM
Gene didn't sound too happy about it, he said the league was comparing it to what Oregon's player did or something like that. He also said that they weren't willing to consider doing anything to the UNI player because he didn't do anything that warranted a suspension. Gene also disagreed with that. What a joke.

Whatever I guess, time to get over it, and rally around two very capable backs in DJ and Ojuri.

Bisonguy
10-13-2009, 11:54 PM
Gene didn't sound too happy about it, he said the league was comparing it to what Oregon's player did or something like that. He also said that they weren't willing to consider doing anything to the UNI player because he didn't do anything that warranted a suspension. Gene also disagreed with that. What a joke.

Whatever I guess, time to get over it, and rally around two very capable backs in DJ and Ojuri.

Looks like MVFC teams will start recruiting a new position. Agitator.

heckler
10-13-2009, 11:57 PM
970AM sounds like coach is pissed. Has some fire! I hope this fans the flames for brookings and we piss pound them.

KTF
10-14-2009, 12:02 AM
Coach said there are changes on the D are coming but wouldn't give specifics except people are healing... Who's coming back soon that would change anything? Gatlin will help but Pierre seems to have been doing well. Makes me wonder what is up...

4mcruenomore
10-14-2009, 12:13 AM
Might as well get Josh Horner back there, he's a good back also, as the #3. It sucks, but what can we do.

NDSUstudent
10-14-2009, 12:23 AM
Coaches show is pretty good tonight, Bohl is really fired up.

KTF
10-14-2009, 12:23 AM
A caller asked about putting Mohler in the games. Coach stated that it is a philosphy that he wants to give the seniors respect. He then stated that the mission is to get the rock back. Makes me think we will see Mohler after the SDSU game :-0

NDSU1980
10-14-2009, 12:25 AM
Just great. Why is it that the good players, the ones who contribute or could contribute are the ones that get suspended? :banghead:

McBison
10-14-2009, 12:45 AM
No, take the suspension like a man. It was earned. Appealing and pushing the suspension back a game or two just to have it come against an easy opponent? Sounds more like a certain hockey team's approach to discipline... and it would be flat-out douchebaggery.

Couldn't agree more. I’m tired of excuses.

Gully
10-14-2009, 12:55 AM

Driving PP to the wall was needed when he was clearly out of bounds?

fightinbison
10-14-2009, 12:58 AM
Coaches show is pretty good tonight, Bohl is really fired up.

I may have been partly responsible for that, I called in and asked the question why don't the players get the message...?

I go back to the Ill State game with less than 2 minutes left, Mertens runs one down to the 5 yard line, called back because of personal foul on a OL riding and hitting someone out of bounds.....Now fast forward to Paschall throwing a punch.....Was not any of this type of actions discussed....?

Look how many off field problems we have had....? Once again I ask why don't these players get the message...

You can only blame your problems on snitches, cops, other team, boys will be boys, officials, and now the MVC....? Sooner or later NDSU needs to look into the mirror......

BisonNolesFan77
10-14-2009, 01:02 AM
What does the MVFC call a punch? I have seen the replay more than a few times as I taped the game, PP pushed Fort away from him by putting his hand on Fort's facemack. I didn't see any damn punch getting thrown here, how can you throw a punch with an open hand? Unless maybe you can get suspended for bitching slapping someone? I dunno, just seems like a bit of B.S. that PP is the one getting suspened in this situation...

No point in getting pissed about it, lets see what Ojuri can do...I think he will be pretty fun to watch...

NDSUstudent
10-14-2009, 01:05 AM
I may have been partly responsible for that, I called in and asked the question why don't the players get the message...?

I go back to the Ill State game with less than 2 minutes left, Mertens runs one down to the 5 yard line, called back because of personal foul on a OL riding and hitting someone out of bounds.....Now fast forward to Paschall throwing a punch.....Was not any of this type of actions discussed....?

Look how many off field problems we have had....? Once again I ask why don't these players get the message...

You can only blame your problems on snitches, cops, other team, boys will be boys, officials, and now the MVC....? Sooner or later NDSU needs to look into the mirror......

Now you've pissed me off. That personal foul call was a hatchet job, the conference has basically admitted it. The player was doing what he is coached to do and stayed on his block throughout the play. He was in bounds for the entire time.

As for Paschall, I think he responded poorly but the guy was ridden into the sideline and punched. How would you have responded in a heated situation like that?

I think these players get the message now, they are under the microscope and other than this scrum there hasn't been one incident that I would even compare to what went on during the offseason.

BisManBison
10-14-2009, 01:16 AM

Does anybody know who specifically makes up the league? PP getting suspended isn't surprising to me, you throw hands, you should expect to get suspended. The disappointing part is the turning a blind eye to the UNI player's involvement. This sets a bad precedent (as opposed to president as they say iowa, see post #14 in this thread :D ). Gives a blueprint on how to try and draw suspensions for opposing teams. Anyway, to my original point, who sits on the MVFC board that handed down this decision? Some "good ole boys" club type action going on in this case?

Gully
10-14-2009, 01:17 AM
This is so bad that my MOM even commented on how unfair it is. Seriously, something is up here. Could they be mad that NDSU got so much respect an pub early on?

Gully
10-14-2009, 01:19 AM
Does anybody know who specifically makes up the league? PP getting suspended isn't surprising to me, you throw hands, you should expect to get suspended. The disappointing part is the turning a blind eye to the UNI player's involvement. This sets a bad precedent (as opposed to president as they say iowa, see post #14 in this thread :D ). Gives a blueprint on how to try and draw suspensions for opposing teams. Anyway, to my original point, who sits on the MVFC board that handed down this decision? Some "good ole boys" club type action going on in this case?

I guess that's right. Just go and try to blow up someones knee after every play.....just don't retaliate and you'll be fine. I have a feeling we'll be very "aggressive" next week. SDSU had better strap it on, our boys have nothing to lose and if they get kicked out, big deal, the season is over.

NDSUstudent
10-14-2009, 01:20 AM

The comish and the head of officials who was watching the game for some reason at home and wanted more tape of the scrum in case he had to make a suspension.

He said he couldn't clearly tell if UNI's player had throw a punch and that his action of riding Paschall into the sideline was handled with the unsportsmanlike penalty flag.

Mr. Burgundy
10-14-2009, 01:27 AM
http://www.mvc-sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=39013&SPID=2899&DB_OEM_ID=7600&ATCLID=290250

Thanks Patty

umdbulldogs
10-14-2009, 01:47 AM
What does the MVFC call a punch? I have seen the replay more than a few times as I taped the game, PP pushed Fort away from him by putting his hand on Fort's facemack. I didn't see any damn punch getting thrown here, how can you throw a punch with an open hand? Unless maybe you can get suspended for bitching slapping someone? I dunno, just seems like a bit of B.S. that PP is the one getting suspened in this situation...

No point in getting pissed about it, lets see what Ojuri can do...I think he will be pretty fun to watch...

you are seeing what you want to see! paschall threw a punch, the other guy did something unsportsmanlike and got a penalty! paschall could have pushed the guy off and would still be playing against sdsu. paschall threw a punch, a nice big haymaker that missed. I don't think he should have gotten suspended cause I think this whole "fight" is overblown! I thought a fight consisted of guys actually hitting each other not pushing and swingin and missing...whatever its done! get over it, paschall is dumb!

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
10-14-2009, 02:05 AM

Damed straight. I would have done the same thing.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
10-14-2009, 02:06 AM

We don't need an excuse to lose.

Thunder_Struck
10-14-2009, 02:07 AM
Has the MVC ever suspended a player for this before? Just wondering if there is some history to handling this situation.

Maybe this the the MVC trying to do as much as they can to get 3 teams into the playoffs. A SDSU victory over NDSU will help.

If you are going to suspend #2 for what he did, how do you not suspend #7? I don't want to see more of our guys being suspended, but how can you have a rule that gets #2 a game and nothing for #7?

heckler
10-14-2009, 02:10 AM
I guess that's right. Just go and try to blow up someones knee after every play.....just don't retaliate and you'll be fine. I have a feeling we'll be very "aggressive" next week. SDSU had better strap it on, our boys have nothing to lose and if they get kicked out, big deal, the season is over.

:nod: :nod: :nod:

westnodak93bison
10-14-2009, 02:16 AM
how about a youtube video of the play?

Gully
10-14-2009, 02:19 AM
So the school who's player pushed PP all the way up against the wall is now complaining to Gene Taylor that our fans hurt their players feelings? Really? how about you discipline your own thugs UNI before worrying about what some kids yelled at you.

silkamilkamonico
10-14-2009, 02:27 AM
So the school who's player pushed PP all the way up against the wall is now complaining to Gene Taylor that our fans hurt their players feelings? Really? how about you discipline your own thugs UNI before worrying about what some kids yelled at you.

I'm sure UNI will give their thugs the same punishment as Bohl will give our thugs.

Bison bison
10-14-2009, 02:34 AM
Get this.

Under Rule 9-5, if it would have been called at the time, Paschall would have been out the rest of the game and the first half of the next...

Gully
10-14-2009, 02:51 AM
I'm sure UNI will give their thugs the same punishment as Bohl will give our thugs.

I doubt you've ever met PP. Neither have I, but I've heard he's a good kid, grown up a lot since he showed up a few years ago. I don't think he's a thug, I think he lost his cool when provoked. It's one thing to snap for a second but it's a lot worse to start the whole thing.

And BTW, it's not Bohl and Taylor who are complaining about opposing fans.

ndsubison1
10-14-2009, 02:54 AM
hey it could have been worse...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gR4l0vMSrlc&feature=related

silkamilkamonico
10-14-2009, 02:54 AM
I doubt you've ever met PP. Neither have I, but I've heard he's a good kid, grown up a lot since he showed up a few years ago. I don't think he's a thug, I think he lost his cool when provoked. It's one thing to snap for a second but it's a lot worse to start the whole thing.

And BTW, it's not Bohl and Taylor who are complaining about opposing fans.

I'll just go ahead and say that exact same thing about the UNI players.

Gully
10-14-2009, 02:57 AM
I'll just go ahead and say that exact same thing about the UNI players.

That doesn't make any sense, the UNI player started the whole thing and what would you know about them anyway?

and AGAIN, Bohl and Taylor aren't the ones complaining about an opposing teams fans.

The worst part is a good kid like PP gets his name drug through the mud on this. He did make a mistake in defending himself but he wouldn't have done it without being provoked.

Gully
10-14-2009, 03:02 AM
Get this.

Under Rule 9-5, if it would have been called at the time, Paschall would have been out the rest of the game and the first half of the next...

ha, ha, imagine yet another blown call by the mvfc joke refs

dryash83
10-14-2009, 03:02 AM
you are seeing what you want to see! paschall threw a punch, the other guy did something unsportsmanlike and got a penalty! paschall could have pushed the guy off and would still be playing against sdsu. paschall threw a punch, a nice big haymaker that missed. I don't think he should have gotten suspended cause I think this whole "fight" is overblown! I thought a fight consisted of guys actually hitting each other not pushing and swingin and missing...whatever its done! get over it, paschall is dumb!

and you are too. Saw that punch clear as day did you? A haymaker even? Yet, the other player....hmmmm did something unsportsmanlike. See, i saw PP pushing the other guy, pretty hard i might add. You see, opinions are like assholes, we all have one, one no better than the next. To call PP dumb is irresponsible, might have been a dumb response, though i doubt you wouldn't done different.

VanClubPres
10-14-2009, 03:07 AM
We have to remember that a black mark on that shiny turd called uni might damage their chances to have someone "great" representing the MVC in the playoffs.

To call PP dumb is irresponsible, might have been a dumb response, though i doubt you wouldn't done different.

I play beer leauge sports, and I come up swinging when I get a cheapshot. I cant imagine what it is like at that level. Spent a lot of time in the box for that.

PP deserves his punishment--like Tatanka said, we should man up and do it now, when it hurts, not when it suits us--but a fool will argue that UNI did nothing to earn a like reward.

CaBisonFan
10-14-2009, 03:10 AM

The incident was instigated by a violent defensive play that could have hurt him badly. Can't believe the tackler isn't out for at least one game. BS

silkamilkamonico
10-14-2009, 03:19 AM
That doesn't make any sense, the UNI player started the whole thing and what would you know about them anyway?

and AGAIN, Bohl and Taylor aren't the ones complaining about an opposing teams fans.

The worst part is a good kid like PP gets his name drug through the mud on this. He did make a mistake in defending himself but he wouldn't have done it without being provoked.

The UNI player made a bad play and was called a penalty for it. It happens. Did it not happen to a Bison player last week at the end of the game? It happens.

And please, leave the 2nd grade "the other guy started it" remarks out of it. PP threw a punch. Quit making excuses for him.

And LMAO at PP "defending" himself, over on the Bison sidelines with the entire Bison football team surrounding the 2 UNI players. That's insulting PP's intelligence.

56BISON73
10-14-2009, 03:20 AM

Throwing a punch in a football game is one of the more stupid things you can do. Is it going to hurt the other player? No. Will is hurt you and your team yes. Does it make you look like an idiot? Yes.
People can keep saying he was road out of bounds etc. So what? If the punch hadnt been thrown the accused player from UNI then gets a 15 yarder and we get great field position.
But by not having the discipline to not be stupid he negates the 15 yarder and gets suspended.
I feel bad for PP. But this is nothing more than another example of poor discipline which leads to personal fouls that this team just cant afford.

You should NEVER ever lose your head. When you do you are beat. One of the oldest tricks in the book was to get the opposing player pissed at YOU. Then he was always trying to fight you instead playing His game. If you are pissed at me or something that happened on a particular play and you cant get that out of your head---I own you.

Gully
10-14-2009, 03:27 AM
Silk. I've posted a couple of times that I'm fine with PP getting suspended. What I think is unfair is that the other guys wasn't punished as well. I don't think that's making an excuse for Pat. And thanks for calling me a second grader.

My real point on the earlier post was to point out what a joke it is that UNI is complaining about our student section when they should be more worried about the conduct of their own team.

PL, I agree it's stupid for a player to punch someone (for several reasons). Just not surprised it happened given what the UNI player did.

Gully
10-14-2009, 03:29 AM
Throwing a punch in a football game is one of the more stupid things you can do. Is it going to hurt the other player? No. Will is hurt you and your team yes. Does it make you look like an idiot? Yes.
People can keep saying he was road out of bounds etc. So what? If the punch hadnt been thrown the accused player from UNI then gets a 15 yarder and we get great field position.
But by not having the discipline to not be stupid he negates the 15 yarder and gets suspended.
I feel bad for PP. But this is nothing more than another example of poor discipline which leads to personal fouls that this team just cant afford.

You should NEVER ever lose your head. When you do you are beat. One of the oldest tricks in the book was to get the opposing player pissed at YOU. Then he was always trying to fight you instead playing His game. If you are pissed at me or something that happened on a particular play and you cant get that out of your head---I own you.

I agree.....but this really had nothing to do with my point.

56BISON73
The incident was instigated by a violent defensive play that could have hurt him badly. Can't believe the tackler isn't out for at least one game. BS

Look at the play closely. It really wasnt that violent. Neither player went down to the ground. It just looked bad because it carried through the bench to the wall. Was it uncalled for? Yes but lets not inject too much more drama in to it.

CaBisonFan
The UNI player made a bad play and was called a penalty for it. It happens. Did it not happen to a Bison player last week at the end of the game? It happens.

And please, leave the 2nd grade "the other guy started it" remarks out of it. PP threw a punch. Quit making excuses for him.

And LMAO at PP "defending" himself, over on the Bison sidelines with the entire Bison football team surrounding the 2 UNI players. That's insulting PP's intelligence.

Not defending Pat...but Forte made an extremely flagrant tackle...if you could call it that. If Pat threw a punch...then I agree with the suspension. There must be a zero-tolerance for that. Same applies to what Forte did.

CaBisonFan
10-14-2009, 03:31 AM
Look at the play closely. It really wasnt that violent. Neither player went down to the ground. It just looked bad because it carried through the bench to the wall. Was it uncalled for? Yes but lets not inject too much more drama in to it.

Forte should have been thrown out of the game for riding Paschall to the wall. The league should act on this also. I've never seen a defensive player ride a ball carrier even remotely close to that much. Unbelievable

bisonranch
10-14-2009, 03:32 AM
So.....Basketball starts soon right?

56BISON73
10-14-2009, 03:33 AM
Silk. I've posted a couple of times that I'm fine with PP getting suspended. What I think is unfair is that the other guys wasn't punished as well. I don't think that's making an excuse for Pat. And thanks for calling me a second grader.

My real point on the earlier post was to point out what a joke it is that UNI is complaining about our student section when they should be more worried about the conduct of their own team.

PL, I agree it's stupid for a player to punch someone (for several reasons). Just not surprised it happened given what the UNI player did.

I understand that but their conduct was in direct proportion to the taunting by our fans. Plus it sounded like they enjoyed it also to go along with winning the game. Which shows you the effect that that strategy had on uni.:D

56BISON73
10-14-2009, 03:35 AM
I agree.....but this really had nothing to do with my point.
I know---it was more of a response to those that think it was ok for him to retaliate.

TbonZach
10-14-2009, 03:43 AM
So.....Basketball starts soon right?

Not soon enough.

Gully
10-14-2009, 03:43 AM
Ok, I'm ejecting myself from Bisonville..........for tonight anyway!

tjbison
10-14-2009, 03:45 AM
The UNI game is over, the punishments have been given LIFE WILL GO ON!!!!!

lets worry about the damn SDSU game not one thats over:banghead:

Da_Bizon
10-14-2009, 04:09 AM
I agree with tjbison... what's in the past is in the past. Whether or not it was fair or if we agree or disagree with the MVC's decision, there is nothing we can do about it. We lost a great player for the week, but DJ McNorton is more than capable. Let's focus on hunting some rabbits this weekend and welcome DJ back against Missouri St.

MPLSbisonFAN
10-14-2009, 04:14 AM
This is a sad loss and bohl bohl looks really stupid for what he said.

IndyBison
10-14-2009, 04:32 AM
Get this.

You are correct.

Here are some other rules that seem to apply to this play:

2-32 Fighting
Article 1. Fighting is any attempt by a player, coach or squad member in uniform to strike and opponent in a combative manner unrelated to football. Such acts include, but are not limited to:
a. An attempt to strike an opponent with the arm(s), hand(s), leg(s), or foot (feet), whether or not there is contact.
b. An unsportsmanlike act toward an opponent that causes any opponent to retaliate by fighting (Rules 9-2-1a and 9-5-1-a-c)

Rule 9-2-1a is all the unsportsmanlike acts such as taunting, throat slash, excessive celebration, removal of helment, throwing ball into the air, etc. Rule 9-5-1 is the rule for fighting. Unsportsmanline conduct penalties do not involve contact so the UNI player was not guilty of USC for riding Paschall through the sideline. If anything it would be a personal foul.

Rule 2-9-1:
A foul is a rule infraction for which a penalty is prescribed.
A flagrant personal foul is a rule infraction so extreme or deliberate that it
places an opponent in danger of catastrophic injury.

Rule 9-1-1:
Before the game, during the game and between periods, all flagrant fouls require disqualification.

It sounds like the UNI foul was an unsportsmanlike conduct foul which is a non-contact foul which means it wasn't for riding PP to the wall. If it was a PF then it probably was for the tackle. For the conference to suspend the UNI player, they would have had to determine he threw a punch as well (apparently they didn't see this) or it was flagrant (pretty high threshold). A punch is automatic. A PF is not. I'll leave it up to the experts who have seen the play to determine if it met the criteria of flagrant.

One thing I do find interesting is fellow Bison fans who have seen the exact same replay view it differently. Some say it was entirely the defender riding PP all the way to the wall while others say PP did as much pulling as the defender did pushing.

Jay
10-14-2009, 04:49 AM
This is so bad that my MOM even commented on how unfair it is. Seriously, something is up here. Could they be mad that NDSU got so much respect an pub early on?

Are you f'ing kidding me? Unfair! PASCHALL THREW A PUNCH, HE SHOULD BE SUSPENDED! It doesn't get any simpler than that. I have no problem with what he did, but he needs to face the repurcussions. A lot of people need to quit their f'ing whining and complaining. MAN UP! If you want to get back at him, knock his freaking cleats off the next play. This isn't peewee football anymore. Everyone is fricking good at this level. As long as I am fricking ranting, enough with the "blaming the officials" talk from other threads. How about we slam it home from the 1 yard line; how about we make a couple field goals; how about we not drop passes; how about we not make stupid penalties when we aren't part of the play; how about we make an accurate pass; how about we make some smart coaching decisions. We are a bad football team this year. Bad teams make bad decisons. Bad teams make bad plays. That's what we are this year. Realize it.

And could the MVC be mad that NDSU got so much "pub" early on? You can't be serious. I don't even know how to respond to this. Dumbest statement ever. Rant over.

- JS

DjKyRo
10-14-2009, 04:54 AM
Are you f'ing kidding me? Unfair! PASCHALL THREW A PUNCH, HE SHOULD BE SUSPENDED! It doesn't get any simpler than that. I have no problem with what he did, but he needs to face the repurcussions. A lot of people need to quit their f'ing whining and complaining. MAN UP! If you want to get back at him, knock his freaking cleats off the next play. This isn't peewee football anymore. Everyone is fricking good at this level. As long as I am fricking ranting, enough with the "blaming the officials" talk from other threads. How about we slam it home from the 1 yard line; how about we make a couple field goals; how about we not drop passes; how about we not make stupid penalties when we aren't part of the play; how about we make an accurate pass; how about we make some smart coaching decisions. We are a bad football team this year. Bad teams make bad decisons. Bad teams make bad plays. That's what we are this year. Realize it.

And could the MVC be mad that NDSU got so much "pub" early on? You can't be serious. I don't even know how to respond to this. Dumbest statement ever. Rant over.

- JS

I don't think anyone is saying Paschall isn't guilty - did he need to defend himself? Maybe, but should he have carried it out as he did? Definitely not. Do I blame personally? Hell no, I'd have done the same. But I would also recognize that hey, I was put in a position where I felt the need to defend myself, and I have to live with the consequences of my actions there.

What has people pissed is that similar repurcussions aren't being carried out on the instigator, that #24 guy or whatever. Paschall responded by getting pissed and throwing a punch - the other guy ran the risk of seriously injuring our star running back.

At any rate - let's be glad this didn't happen at WR or to another key player, fortunately we're deep at RB. I'm sure if anyone has serious misgivings about the situation, they can contact the MVFC Chairperson (thanks Burgandy) and present their case there. In the meantime, let's all take a deep breath and take our fingers off the keyboards. We'll let our play on Saturday do the talking.

CaBisonFan
10-14-2009, 05:07 AM
I don't think anyone is saying Paschall isn't guilty - did he need to defend himself? Maybe, but should he have carried it out as he did? Definitely not. Do I blame personally? Hell no, I'd have done the same. But I would also recognize that hey, I was put in a position where I felt the need to defend myself, and I have to live with the consequences of my actions there.

What has people pissed is that similar repurcussions aren't being carried out on the instigator, that #24 guy or whatever. Paschall responded by getting pissed and throwing a punch - the other guy ran the risk of seriously injuring our star running back.

At any rate - let's be glad this didn't happen at WR or to another key player, fortunately we're deep at RB. I'm sure if anyone has serious misgivings about the situation, they can contact the MVFC Chairperson (thanks Burgandy) and present their case there. In the meantime, let's all take a deep breath and take our fingers off the keyboards. We'll let our play on Saturday do the talking.

Good stuff. I've written to a few people at the MVFC offices. It is my belief that Fort (24) was completely out of line with his so-called tackle. He was completely out of control. He deserved to be ejected from the game. Pat did also. I've watched the play over and over, and Fort took Pat to Hector Airport. It is worthy of a suspension. It was beyond flagrant. I can't read Pat's mind concerning his actions 'during' the play...but my take on it is that he was trying to get the guy to stop...or to put him on the deck to stop the play. I don't believe that Pat wanted to put Fort into the wall. It was self-preservation.

The retaliatory punch was totally wrong...and certainly deserves a suspension. But...he was incited by a highly unusual play. It probably felt like Fort was trying to hurt him.

Jay
10-14-2009, 05:10 AM
Good stuff. I've written to a few people at the MVFC offices. It is my belief that Fort (24) was completely out of line with his so-called tackle. He was completely out of control...and out of line. He deserved to be ejected from the game. Pat did also. I've watched the player over and over, and Fort took Pat to Hector Airport. It is worthy of a suspension. It was beyond flagrant.

How about instead of whining and complaining & telling our mommy's and daddy's, we go out and win a fricken game.

SUBISON247
10-14-2009, 05:11 AM
discipline, discipline discipline is the main issue here. The lack of DISCIPLINE that plagued this team in the off season has trickled on to the field. Someone need to take control, whether that is coaches, captains, ADs or any other players. I for one am sick of the arrest, stupid penalties, and now suspensions that are making this season hard to watch for even the die hard fans. The crap needs to change or this will continue on until it does and by that time there will be irreversible damage done to the reputation of the program and the university.

Jay
10-14-2009, 05:23 AM
discipline, discipline discipline is the main issue here. The lack of DISCIPLINE that plagued this team in the off season has trickled on to the field. Someone need to take control, whether that is coaches, captains, ADs or any other players. I for one am sick of the arrest, stupid penalties, and now suspensions that are making this season hard to watch for even the die hard fans. The crap needs to change or this will continue on until it does and by that time there will be irreversible damage done to the reputation of the program and the university.

We'll have more DUI and drug arrests than wins this year. How sad is that?

NDSUstudent
10-14-2009, 05:31 AM
Interesting quote from the Forum...

Taylor said both Northern Iowa head coach Mark Farley and UNI athletic director Troy Dannen said Paschall should not have been suspended. Taylor used the UNI stance to the MVFC officials in his defense of Paschall.

“But they said they couldn’t take that into account because it was our player,” Taylor said. “They looked at being consistent across the country, and I disagree with it. I flat-out disagree with it.

The league compared this to what happened at Boise State with the Oregon player.

ndsubison1
10-14-2009, 06:29 AM

- JS

i have no problem with paschall being suspended, BUT... what about the UNI player who threw a punch? the problem is not paschall... it's the inconsistencies of the missouri valley football conference!

Kevin
10-14-2009, 09:25 AM
Suspending Pat for not just a game but for the SDSU game is down right horseshit. I'm starting to wonder about the integrity of the MVC.

SUBISON247
10-14-2009, 11:21 AM
Suspending Pat for not just a game but for the SDSU game is down right horseshit. I'm starting to wonder about the integrity of the MVC.

It is only the SDSU game because that is our next game.

westnodak93bison
10-14-2009, 11:41 AM
Bison need to deal with it. McNorton and Ojuri are capable replacements.

Gully
10-14-2009, 11:41 AM

- JS

I don't think you've read my posts or you're hearing what you want to hear. I've repeatedly said I'm fine with his suspension, it's just ridiculous that it's one sided. I'm not the only one saying that, many people are. As for the rest, I'm just searching for a reason why they would do it....clearly it wasn't what happened on the field (or nearly in the stands).

Gully
10-14-2009, 11:47 AM
I think people need to realize that us having a bad season (undisciplined, lack of execution player decisions, strategy, injuries, etc.) is separate from frustration over some recent calls and that complaining about calls doesn't mean that it's making an excuse for these other problems.

The bad calls/league decisions aren't the reason for the other problems, but that doesn't mean their not bad calls/league decisions.

So when people complain about calls that doesn't mean they're excusing the other problems....they're two different things.

Clearly, we're a very bad team this year. Clearly the officials have been poor as well.

Jay
10-14-2009, 12:21 PM
i have no problem with paschall being suspended, BUT... what about the UNI player who threw a punch? the problem is not paschall... it's the inconsistencies of the missouri valley football conference!

I don't care what happens with the UNI guy. Suspend him, don't suspend him, it has no effect on the Bison winning a fricking game. It doesn't alter the end outcome for Paschall either. The punch happened, the punishment came out, it's time to move on.

The Lost Dutchman
10-14-2009, 12:31 PM

If anything, it's them actually being consistant with the NCAA bylaws. The UNI player has to throw and connect a punch with a closed fight, which he didn't which he why he wasn't suspended.

aces1180
10-14-2009, 01:25 PM
Good stuff. I've written to a few people at the MVFC offices. It is my belief that Fort (24) was completely out of line with his so-called tackle. He was completely out of control. He deserved to be ejected from the game. Pat did also. I've watched the play over and over, and Fort took Pat to Hector Airport. It is worthy of a suspension. It was beyond flagrant. I can't read Pat's mind concerning his actions 'during' the play...but my take on it is that he was trying to get the guy to stop...or to put him on the deck to stop the play. I don't believe that Pat wanted to put Fort into the wall. It was self-preservation.

The retaliatory punch was totally wrong...and certainly deserves a suspension. But...he was incited by a highly unusual play. It probably felt like Fort was trying to hurt him.

Whoa, whoa, whoa!....YOU are writing people at the MVFC offices? When in did you become a paid official at North Dakota State University? I'm sorry, but you need a serious reality check...This has NOTHING to do with YOU! They made their ruling and we have to deal with it...Do I agree? Not at all...However, let Gene and Craig worry about it...Right now they are probably laughing at the MVFC offices.

Oh, and go ahead and PM me threatening to "get me in trouble" with your "high level" friends at NDSU.

Da_Bizon
10-14-2009, 02:25 PM
This is starting to get a little heated. It's done. Period. We don't have Paschall this weekend. Get over it and let's move on. I would almost say this thread should be closed before someone starts talkin about someone else's momma.

bisonmike2
10-14-2009, 02:28 PM
I blame video games.

bisonbills
10-14-2009, 02:30 PM
I blame video games.

I blame your momma.

DjKyRo
10-14-2009, 02:31 PM
I blame your momma.

I blame big business.

The Lost Dutchman
10-14-2009, 02:50 PM
Gene Taylor will be on with Hammer sometime around 1210 to 1230 to discuss the potential suspension.

MN_BISON
10-14-2009, 02:58 PM
Gene Taylor will be on with Hammer sometime around 1210 to 1230 to discuss the potential suspension.

Puffy, interesting wording on your part?

IzzyFlexion
10-14-2009, 03:18 PM
I blame your momma.

I blame video games.

I blame your momma's video games.

http://coin-op.tv/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/pong.jpg

Sadly....I'm FOS. This is my goddam era of video games.:(

Tatanka
10-14-2009, 03:27 PM
I blame your momma's video games.

http://coin-op.tv/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/pong.jpg

Sadly....I'm FOS. This is my goddam era of video games.:(

So, in this picture, the small square represents our runningback being bounced against the walls, the dashed line is out-of-bounds, and the rectangles on the sides represent the officials getting into prime position to throw a flag (which i'm sure is forthcoming). But is the score really 8-0 or are there some pixels out on the CRT?

IzzyFlexion
10-14-2009, 03:50 PM
So, in this picture, the small square represents our runningback being bounced against the walls, the dashed line is out-of-bounds, and the rectangles on the sides represent the officials getting into prime position to throw a flag (which i'm sure is forthcoming). But is the score really 8-0 or are there some pixels out on the CRT?

Indeed!
And, the black background is an accurate color of the FFD turf after Jeremy J. shat his pants trying to get the hell out of the way!:D

Tatanka
10-14-2009, 04:20 PM
Indeed!
And, the black background is an accurate color of the FFD turf after Jeremy J. shat his pants trying to get the hell out of the way!:D

Black stool? Dude. That's not healthy and stuff.

MOTBison
10-14-2009, 04:28 PM

It is a sign that you may have a bleeding ulcer. :hungry:

IzzyFlexion
10-14-2009, 04:30 PM

Black stools are the result of gastrointestinal bleeding often brought on by ulcers. Indirectly, extreme measures of stress and fear can manifest into this sort of disorder in the short term.
C'mon, man.....don't you ever read the New England Journal of Medicine!!
An interesting, and somewhat ironic sidenote is that I read about that medical condition while sitting on the potty.:D
I keep the NEJM right next to my copy of this..
http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/droolicious/2009/01/EveryonePoops.jpg

OldBison
10-14-2009, 05:24 PM
Black stools are the result of gastrointestinal bleeding often brought on by ulcers. Indirectly, extreme measures of stress and fear can manifest into this sort of disorder in the short term.

You have obviously never been to Ireland. It is also a sign of having consumed just the right amount of Guinness :bow:

tjbison
10-14-2009, 05:31 PM
You have obviously never been to Ireland. It is also a sign of having consumed just the right amount of Guinness :bow:

HA HA done that man!! Scared the hell out of me looked like a King Size Dark Chocolate Milky way!!!

Bison bison
10-14-2009, 05:36 PM

Some of us trying to eat lunch here.

ndsubison1
10-14-2009, 06:30 PM
just because paschall is leading the nation by like 10000000000 yards :biggrin:

BraxtonT
10-15-2009, 12:25 AM
So did the league review the tape??? How can the UNI player get off with nothing??? First lousy officials for the last 2 (at least) MVC games and now bad judgement decisions from the league office. Makes me long for the Great West where at least the officials in charge had a clue about what was going on.

I believe we hired Big Ten officials to do those games. Can anybody else confirm this?

Tatanka
10-15-2009, 12:26 AM
I believe we hired Big Ten officials to do those games. Can anybody else confirm this?

I believe this is correct.

BraxtonT
10-15-2009, 12:26 AM
Bison need to deal with it. McNorton and Ojuri are capable replacements.

We shall see about that. I hope both have great games.

NDSUstudent
10-15-2009, 12:27 AM

That is correct.

Gully
10-15-2009, 12:28 AM

I can't confirm it but I think I remember that as well. Win or lose, I don't remember so many bad calls.

NDSUstudent
10-15-2009, 12:29 AM
I can't confirm it but I think I remember that as well. Win or lose, I don't remember so many bad calls.

The worst thing that I can remember is that one ref accidentally called us "South Dakota State" once.

Gully
10-15-2009, 12:30 AM
The worst thing that I can remember is that one ref accidentally called us "South Dakota State" once.

LOL, I forgot about that.

Mr. Burgundy
10-15-2009, 01:04 AM
http://wsiltv.com/p/sports_stories_detail.php?newsID=8509&type=sports

Go to the 2 minute mark of that newscast. That is the ISU QB punching the SUI linebacker twice in the facemask after he was sacked. Right in front of everyone to see......I am still awaiting his suspension. I mean, if we can decifer video for two days to figure out who did or did not throw a punch, it should be pretty simple for our commish to suspend this guy.

I am getting more and more excited about going to Brookings for this game. GO BISON!!!!

VanClubPres
10-15-2009, 01:09 AM
i am getting more and more excited about going to Brookings for this game. GO BISON!!!!

Yes. Lets get this thing done!!!!!!!!

Tatanka
10-15-2009, 01:13 AM
Yes. Lets get this thing done!!!!!!!!

++ Looking forward to a great time!

NDSUstudent
11-02-2009, 11:30 PM
Too bad Paschall didn't go for the eye gouge...it only would have cost him half a game.

The Southeastern Conference has reviewed and accepted the disciplinary actions taken by the University of Florida regarding football student-athlete Brandon Spikes. The university suspended Spikes for the first half of its next game (vs. Vanderbilt, Nov. 7) for an unsportsmanlike act during the Gators' last game (vs. Georgia, Oct. 31).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3j7AugPtdI&feature=related

CaBisonFan
11-02-2009, 11:35 PM
Too bad Paschall didn't go for the eye gouge...it only would have cost him half a game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3j7AugPtdI&feature=related

The whole Paschall thing still has a smell to it. He started out getting mugged...one of the worst I've ever seen on a football field. He retaliated to an obvious slugging and drive into the wall. Others played. No equity.

Give me the Great West back. The MVFC has a bloated opinion of itself...the cities are mostly average...the settings average...the fields very average...terrible officiating...and some total idiots running the show.

I'm not impressed...at all.

Tatanka
11-02-2009, 11:37 PM
Give me the Great West back.

Um, autobid. KTHXBYE.

jaystus
11-02-2009, 11:38 PM
we just have trouble winning in this conference we wounldnt be complaining if we were good

Mr. Burgundy
11-02-2009, 11:45 PM
Other than CABison (who lives in Cali) there is not a person in the world who prefers the Great West to the MVFC. NOBODY.

Auto Bid, local rivalries, travel expenses....come on...

NDSUstudent
11-02-2009, 11:55 PM
While the officiating in this league is terrible(for all teams, not just NDSU), I'll take it anyday over the GWFC. I love playing teams like UNI, SIU, and YSU every year. I do have a ton of respect for Cal Poly and UCD though, great teams and great fans.

TheBisonator
11-03-2009, 12:03 AM
Give me the Great West back. The MVFC has a bloated opinion of itself...the cities are mostly average...the settings average...the fields very average...terrible officiating...and some total idiots running the show.

Funny, funny stuff.......

And the funniest thing is that you actually believe it.

ndsubison1
11-03-2009, 01:58 AM
The whole Paschall thing still has a smell to it. He started out getting mugged...one of the worst I've ever seen on a football field. He retaliated to an obvious slugging and drive into the wall. Others played. No equity.

thats like wanting to be in the Sun Belt over the Big XII

Capn_Cat
11-03-2009, 12:39 PM
Other than CABison (who lives in Cali) there is not a person in the world who prefers the Great West to the MVFC. NOBODY.

The guy's a bonehead, Burgie. I'd be embarrassed to have him on my board.

:(

WYOBISONMAN
11-03-2009, 12:51 PM

Hell no......that is just crazy. There are so many reasons we are better of in th MVFC. Even though it is much tougher for me to get to games......give me the MVFC any day over the Great West.

IzzyFlexion
11-03-2009, 05:24 PM
SIDENOTE:
Pat's suspension will likely cost him a share of a place in the all-time FCS record book.
There are 6 athletes in the history of FCS (1AA) that have rushed for 100+ in 11 consecutive games in a single season. Pat is sitting at 8 consecutive and as we all know....if he manages 100+ in the final 2 games of the season he'll fall one game short.

Tatanka
11-03-2009, 05:25 PM
SIDENOTE:
Pat's suspension will likely cost him a share of a place in the all-time FCS record book.
There are 6 athletes in the history of FCS (1AA) that have rushed for 100+ in 11 consecutive games in a single season. Pat is sitting at 8 consecutive and as we all know....if he manages 100+ in the final 2 games of the season he'll fall one game short.

Neat !

CaBisonFan
11-03-2009, 05:37 PM
Um, autobid. KTHXBYE.

To heck with it. Have a great team, and you're in.

aces1180
11-03-2009, 05:40 PM
To heck with it. Have a great team, and you're in.

I would have to say scheduling is another main reason to stay in the MVFC...Instead of having to find six or seven non-conference games, we need to find three to four a year...That's a nice advantage.

Unless you want to play teams like USF and Mayville?

CaBisonFan
11-03-2009, 05:43 PM

Good one...I live in California. Very informational...:cool:

Auto Bid - Have an excellent team and you're in.
Local Rivals - UND, USD, and SDSU if they had stayed. Remember UND?
Travel Expenses - UND, USD, & SDSU would have more than made up for one or two trips out west. The trips to Cedar City, Davis, & San Luis Obispo were almost bowl game settings in terms of change of scenery.

Ya keep calling me out Burgundy. You've written to me, saying that you just want to teach people to be consistent. You're wasting your time. I'll change my mind whenever I please...comprende?

I know that we're not changing conferences. GMAB

CaBisonFan
11-03-2009, 05:51 PM
I would have to say scheduling is another main reason to stay in the MVFC...Instead of having to find six or seven non-conference games, we need to find three to four a year...That's a nice advantage.

Actually...if SDSU had hung around too, we would have had Cal Davis, Cal Poly, Southern Utah, SDSU, USD, and UND. If I'm counting correctly, that's 6 conference games. Add a game with one of the Montana teams each year. Add one FBS team. Now we're up to 8 really good opponents. Bring in a St. Cloud State, Mankato, UMD, and yes...SFU...and one power-puff to warm up on...and you'd be fine.

I love the rivalry with UNI...don't get me wrong on that one. But after the mugging of PP...I'm not impressed with their attitude, or the incompetence of the MVFC leaders.

CaBisonFan
11-03-2009, 06:03 PM
Funny, funny stuff.......

And the funniest thing is that you actually believe it.

I would 'never' expect any agreement from you Bisonator. You're assuming that I really care what you think...:cool:

skolbrother
11-03-2009, 06:03 PM

This is a bit right?

CaBisonFan
11-03-2009, 06:07 PM

Mayville? My hometown? There are better high school teams in the state. Mayville has an outstanding basketball team once in a while...and baseball has been there too...but football is impossible there. Tim Miles built a nice little dynasty that lasted for a while at Mayville State. He was hired as head coach after being a grad. assistant at Northern...I think. Not sure...but I believe it was Northern State.

Bison"FANatic"
11-03-2009, 06:11 PM
Wow CA.............that is all I have to say if you truly believe that we would be better off in the Great West than in the MVFC. I will take the MVFC every time but I guess each to his own and everybody can have their own opinon but I believe you are way off on this one.

aces1180
11-03-2009, 06:16 PM
Mayville? My hometown? There are better high school teams in the state. Mayville has an outstanding basketball team once in a while...and baseball has been there too...but football is impossible there. Tim Miles built a nice little dynasty that lasted for a while at Mayville State. He was hired as head coach after being a grad. assistant at Northern...I think. Not sure...but I believe it was Northern State.

I mentioned Mayville State as a football opponent to show some sort of sarcasm, which you apparently missed. The Bison need to continue playing FCS and FBS teams, not NAIA schools...By leaving the MVFC, the possibility of playing Mayville type schools is not out of the question.

aces1180
11-03-2009, 06:21 PM
Actually...if SDSU had hung around too, we would have had Cal Davis, Cal Poly, Southern Utah, SDSU, USD, and UND. If I'm counting correctly, that's 6 conference games. Add a game with one of the Montana teams each year. Add one FBS team. Now we're up to 8 really good opponents. Bring in a St. Cloud State, Mankato, UMD, and yes...SFU...and one power-puff to warm up on...and you'd be fine.

I love the rivalry with UNI...don't get me wrong on that one. But after the mugging of PP...I'm not impressed with their attitude, or the incompetence of the MVFC leaders.

Why do we want to play down to schools like SCSU, MSU Mankato, UMD and SFU? Isn't that counterproductive to our reasoning to move to FCS? Bring on the competition, not play down to it.

We had a hard enough time getting the Montana schools to come and play in Fargo, so expecting them (and other regional FCS schools) to play us every year is a huge risk. With eight guaranteed MVFC games per year, scheduling is much easier.

Rabbitlivinginverm
11-03-2009, 06:29 PM
SIDENOTE:

That's assuming he would have gained 100 yards rushing against us ;). You're other two backs combined for 23 carries and 68 yards. The most yards we've given up in a single game to a single back is 79 yards to that little fella from UNI. It would have been fun to see him play though....

BlueBisonRock
11-03-2009, 06:38 PM
That's assuming he would have gained 100 yards rushing against us ;). You're other two backs combined for 23 carries and 68 yards. The most yards we've given up in a single game to a single back is 79 yards to that little fella from UNI. It would have been fun to see him play though....

Interesting statement. By assuming he would not gain 100 yards against the Bunnies, you are also assuming that the Bunny defense is significantly better than the UNI or SIU defenses (strong defenses that he did gain 100 plus against).

I would rate the Bunny D on par with these two (which is a positive statement in itself), not > these two and would infer that it is highly probable that Pat would have achieved 100 yards against the bunnies.

BraxtonT
11-03-2009, 07:06 PM

The two backups in that game are not even close to being in PP's class. Sam may get there in a few years, but not now.

That being said, we'll never know what would've happened had PP played.

skolbrother
11-03-2009, 07:13 PM

IALTO. Great bit Ca.

CaBisonFan
11-03-2009, 07:38 PM
Why do we want to play down to schools like SCSU, MSU Mankato, UMD and SFU? Isn't that counterproductive to our reasoning to move to FCS? Bring on the competition, not play down to it.

We had a hard enough time getting the Montana schools to come and play in Fargo, so expecting them (and other regional FCS schools) to play us every year is a huge risk. With eight guaranteed MVFC games per year, scheduling is much easier.

Not saying that really. I wanted SU out of the NCC for the reason that you stated. I hated it when they came into the NCC. My main point was that had we stayed in the Great West, it would be a more legit. conference now. We'd have some of our old natural rivals 'in the conference'...and the re-instatement of the game with UND would be automatic...and filled with conference implications.

I know we can't go back. I'm just stating some opinions about the MVFC. Yes...these are good teams. Yes...having a full schedule is great. I see many 'pluses' in the current setup. I just don't like some of the destinations. Oh...I think that the leadership of the MVFC is out to lunch...permanently.

CaBisonFan
11-03-2009, 07:42 PM
Hell no......that is just crazy. There are so many reasons we are better of in th MVFC. Even though it is much tougher for me to get to games......give me the MVFC any day over the Great West.

It's just chatter WYO. It's also a personal preference..OK? I know we're not going back.

WYOBISONMAN
11-03-2009, 08:58 PM
It's just chatter WYO. It's also a personal preference..OK? I know we're not going back.

I hear you.....and the GWFC did make games much more accesible for those of us in the west......

Bisonfan1
11-03-2009, 09:06 PM
Didnt every team in the NCC get an "invite" to move up with NDSU and SDSU ?? I liked the NCC just because road games were a day trip, not a 2 or 3 dayer, not that is so bad, just alot easier on the pocketbook to attend more games. Selfish reasoning. :offtopic:

KUlawJack
11-03-2009, 09:26 PM
Interesting statement. By assuming he would not gain 100 yards against the Bunnies, you are also assuming that the Bunny defense is significantly better than the UNI or SIU defenses (strong defenses that he did gain 100 plus against).

I would rate the Bunny D on par with these two (which is a positive statement in itself), not > these two and would infer that it is highly probable that Pat would have achieved 100 yards against the bunnies.

I think PP would have been great to watch in Brookings, even though I would not have been cheering for him obviously. He very well could have gained 100. I saw that run on youtube earlier this year and it about dropped my jaw.

However, our defense is quite a bit better than UNI's as proven in our game with them, your game with them, our game with you guys, and clearly by the conference defensive stats. I watched the whole UNI/SDSU game and our D controlled the whole game with the exception of two drives, holding their offense in check. We also racked up a ton of offense on their defense, as did the Bison.

Now SIU, I cannot say anything about. We will find out this Saturday.

I hope PP cracks 100 the next two games. I am sure he will. Too bad there was not much of a threat passing for you guys this year or he would have been even deadlier.:nod:

Rabbitlivinginverm
11-03-2009, 09:32 PM

Rushing yards allowed per game:

SDSU 89.9
UNI 106
SIU 106.8

I'm not a math man but given that we haven't allowed a 100 yard rusher yet and are allowing less than 90 yards rushing per game I would say it's not likely probable that he would have gained 100 yards against us.

Of course I'm just saying this for the sake of arguing and I know I will never convince Bison fans otherwise. I'm just trying to sneak in a post or two in between CaBison's....

All I really care about is not allowing that beast from SIU to gain 100 yards this Saturday.

HandoEX
11-03-2009, 09:55 PM
All I really care about is not allowing that beast from SIU to gain 100 yards this Saturday.
I'd be shocked if the bunnies held Karim under 100 yards. He is a STUD. The gap between Karim/Paschall/Minnett and the rest of the league running backs is big and SDSU is fortunate to have to only face one of those three.

UNI's best RB is their QB, so holding their backs to less than stellar yardage is no big deal. Neither of their backs have done squat all season.

Rabbitlivinginverm
11-03-2009, 10:03 PM
I'd be shocked if the bunnies held Karim under 100 yards. He is a STUD. The gap between Karim/Paschall/Minnett and the rest of the league running backs is big and SDSU is fortunate to have to only face one of those three.

UNI's best RB is their QB, so holding their backs to less than stellar yardage is no big deal. Neither of their backs have done squat all season.

I really hope we do. He's good.

Grace is NOT UNI's best RB. He's gained a whopping 171 yards on the ground so far this year. Derrick Law averages 80 ypg, Carlos Anderson gets 53 ypg.

Twentysix
11-04-2009, 01:47 AM
UNI sucks.

I heard there so good there football program is expendable.

Something about no more scholarships. Maybe.

That would be hilarious.

EndZoneQB
11-04-2009, 01:54 AM
UNI sucks.

I heard there so good there football program is expendable.

Something about no more scholarships. Maybe.

That would be hilarious.

Bitter much? UNI may be a rival, but they obviously don't suck.

lakesbison
11-04-2009, 03:33 PM
PASCHALL PLAYS, WE BEAT SDSU. PERIOD.

thank you PATTY V!! GRRR

dryash83
11-04-2009, 06:15 PM
[QUOTE=Rabbitlivinginverm;325154]Rushing yards allowed per game:

I'm not a math man but given that we haven't allowed a 100 yard rusher yet and are allowing less than 90 yards rushing per game I would say it's not likely probable that he would have gained 100 yards against us.

hey, you drink the kool-aid, we drink the kool-aid, we can agree to disagree;)

Kemo
11-04-2009, 11:58 PM

All I care about is winning the game :D , even if Karim gets 200 yards rushing

Twentysix
11-05-2009, 02:12 AM
Bitter much? UNI may be a rival, but they obviously don't suck.

Its a joke about the SDSU game. lol.

Uni sucks! :P

EndZoneQB
11-05-2009, 02:17 AM
Its a joke about the SDSU game. lol.

Uni sucks! :P

Oh, well in that case *>me...

IzzyFlexion
11-08-2009, 03:50 PM

Rushing yards allowed per game:

SDSU 89.9
UNI 106
SIU 106.8

Of course I'm just saying this for the sake of arguing and I know I will never convince Bison fans otherwise. I'm just trying to sneak in a post or two in between CaBison's....

SDSU vs. SIU
YARDS RUSHING:
SIU (team): 280.
SOUTH DAKOTA STATE: 14.
Deji Karim (Individually for SIU) 127.

SIDENOTE:
(through 10 games)
IOWA STATE has surrendered an average of 169.8 yards per game of rushing yardage.
NORTH DAKOTA STATE rushed for 210 yards against IOWA STATE. (NDSU is the ONLY FCS team on the Cyclone's schedule)

Individually, NDSU running back Pat Paschall had 146 of those yards against IOWA STATE.
Only OKLAHOMA STATE'S Keith Tosten has gained more yards individually against the CYCLONES (207)

Conclusion:Pat Paschall would have gained 100 yards + had he been allowed to play against SDSU.
Reason:Pat Paschall is the best running back in the MVC.

Who says that there's nothing to do during a bye week.

bisonmike2
11-08-2009, 05:10 PM
SDSU vs. SIU
YARDS RUSHING:

SIDENOTE:
(through 10 games)
IOWA STATE has surrendered an average of 169.8 yards per game of rushing yardage.
NORTH DAKOTA STATE rushed for 210 yards against IOWA STATE. (NDSU is the ONLY FCS team on the Cyclone's schedule)

Individually, NDSU running back Pat Paschall had 146 of those yards against IOWA STATE.
Only OKLAHOMA STATE'S Keith Tosten has gained more yards individually against the CYCLONES (207)

Conclusion:Pat Paschall would have gained 100 yards + had he been allowed to play against SDSU.

http://blog.mrhacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/oh-snap-chart.jpg

I think this is in order.

JACKRABBITFAN
11-08-2009, 05:54 PM
SDSU vs. SIU
YARDS RUSHING:

SIDENOTE:
(through 10 games)

You are a very funny person. Its a shame you are dead serious. What are you like when you try to be funny?:) :D

CaBisonFan
11-08-2009, 06:12 PM
You are a very funny person. Its a shame you are dead serious. What are you like when you try to be funny?:) :D

I think that you're funny because you visit bisonville and expect it to be a completely objective. Hewoooooo....wabbit fan...you is in Bison country.

When we played UNI they had allowed an average of something like 60 yards per game in rushing. Pat pretty much doubled that by himself.

It's a shame for Pat, and for the Bison, that he never got to play in Brookings. He is an NFL prospect that would have made a difference. How much, is open to debate.

When your best offensive player is out of a game, it 'does' affect the team. We lacked the hard-nosed runner that you must have against a hard-nosed defensive team. Pat makes quick decisions about where the seam is...gets there in a hurry...hits it extremely hard...and rarely goes down on the first hit. He is a 'first-down' machine.

He would have 'easily' been the best offensive player on the field that night.

In 2007 he didn't play in Brookings. Tyler Roehl was playing hurt. We had 'no' running game. Thusly...the Wabbits were able to pin back their big ears and focus mostly on the pass. We've had some bad luck, in that regard, against the Wabbits. Two NFL caliber runningbacks missing from the lineup...hmmmm...

But you know what Jackwabbitfan...I would 'never' go to the bunny board to discuss this. I doubt that Izzy would get into a big discussion about this topic over there either. Izzy is a class-act here. Repeat after me...."I am the visitor here...and some forums (SS) would probably kick me off for this."

Therein...lies the difference. You...are...a...visitor...:cool:

IzzyFlexion
11-08-2009, 06:25 PM

I'm also very stupid. And I have a small weiner. Honestly, I don't get it. Your post is a little contradictory but here is my interpretation in bullet point format:

. Sentence # 1) At first, you thought I was trying to use the data as a joke.

. Sentence #2) After your initial chuckle was over, you got kinda pissed because you think I'm rubbing salt into your SIU wound.

. Sentence #3) This is where the confusion sets in. By finishing this post/sentance with the smiley faces, are you tying to put me at ease because you realize that you're not really pissed at me for my revelation? Or, are the smileys meant to represent that you've returned to chuckling so as to say something like......."Oh yeah!?!? Well, ef you dude.....SDSU still kicked your asses!!"

NOTE: By admitting that I'm stupid and have a small weiner, I am using a self deprication strategy in hopes of earning your affection.

BlueBisonRock
11-08-2009, 06:40 PM

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/v-logo.jpg

BlueBisonRock
11-08-2009, 06:44 PM
I'm also very stupid. And I have a small weiner. Honestly, I don't get it.

NOTE: By admitting that I'm stupid and have a small weiner, I am using a self deprication strategy in hopes of earning your affection.[/I][/B][/SIZE]

Hmmn Izzy... I guess this approach really is stating that you have the opposite attributes and are willing to 'lay it on the line' at personal expense to make this point! :bow:

Give 'em hell Big Guy! :D

Smiley face used to support recognition of the approach and to demonstrate support to one of Bisonville's more serious smart a$$e$. It does not indicate laughter at the asserted small stature.

CaBisonFan
11-08-2009, 06:52 PM
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/v-logo.jpg

Perfect symbol for future games...and for rebuilding this team. Seriously

JACKRABBITFAN
11-08-2009, 07:07 PM
I think that you're funny because you visit bisonville and expect it to be a completely objective. Hewoooooo....wabbit fan...you is in Bison country.

When we played UNI they had allowed an average of something like 60 yards per game in rushing. Pat pretty much doubled that by himself.

It's a shame for Pat, and for the Bison, that he never got to play in Brookings. He is an NFL prospect that would have made a difference. How much, is open to debate.

When your best offensive player is out of a game, it 'does' affect the team. We lacked the hard-nosed runner that you must have against a hard-nosed defensive team. Pat makes quick decisions about where the seam is...gets there in a hurry...hits it extremely hard...and rarely goes down on the first hit. He is a 'first-down' machine.

He would have 'easily' been the best offensive player on the field that night.

In 2007 he didn't play in Brookings. Tyler Roehl was playing hurt. We had 'no' running game. Thusly...the Wabbits were able to pin back their big ears and focus mostly on the pass. We've had some bad luck, in that regard, against the Wabbits. Two NFL caliber runningbacks missing from the lineup...hmmmm...

But you know what Jackwabbitfan...I would 'never' go to the bunny board to discuss this. I doubt that Izzy would get into a big discussion about this topic over there either. Izzy is a class-act here. Repeat after me...."I am the visitor here...and some forums (SS) would probably kick me off for this."

The bottom line, if you are going to punch someone, DONT GET CAUGHT:banghead: :banghead: Excellent rationalization of the past three SDSU VS NDSU games. Dream on.

tjbison
11-08-2009, 07:26 PM
The bottom line, if you are going to punch someone, DONT GET CAUGHT:banghead: :banghead:

my god this happened LONG ago, maybe you should focus on your teams problems which were obviously exposed yesterday! A team truly deserving of a top 10 ranking would not get the shit pounded out of them at home. Its sad but all the poll respect the bunnies have been trying for 4 years to earn was blasted down the toilet yesterday and may even mean an overlook for the playoffs, especially when the Gophers get done with them as UNI played a top 25 BCS team to final seconds

JACKRABBITFAN
11-08-2009, 07:34 PM
my god this happened LONG ago, maybe you should focus on your teams problems which were obviously exposed yesterday! A team truly deserving of a top 10 ranking would not get the shit pounded out of them at home. Its sad but all the poll respect the bunnies have been trying for 4 years to earn was blasted down the toilet yesterday and may even mean an overlook for the playoffs, especially when the Gophers get done with them as UNI played a top 25 BCS team to final seconds

Head to head counts more than comparative scheduled FBS opponents. Besides the game with Minnesota is next Saturday. I love presumptious bison fans.

Tatanka
11-08-2009, 08:51 PM
Head to head counts more than comparative scheduled FBS opponents. Besides the game with Minnesota is next Saturday. I love presumptious bison fans.

Thank you for your interest in NDSU and Bison athletics!

NDSUFan_Sav
11-08-2009, 09:18 PM

where were their fans??? If i heard right there were 10,000ish fans and not selling out a home game vs a good team and chance to win the conference at home...WTF rabbit fans you guys seriously show that much respect for your team, I'd be embarrassed if I were you guys, we brought 15k+ with a shitty team!!!

tjbison
11-08-2009, 09:24 PM

I know that, thats why I said "when the Gophers get done with them"