PDA

View Full Version : Fair Catch Call

4mcruenomore
10-12-2009, 01:46 AM
Not sure if this was discussed yet. Shamen was flagged for not making the right fair catch call. Many Kool-Aid drinkers forget or do not realize that he almost single handedly lost the U of Minnesota game for us in '07 by doing the same thing, except he caught it and threw the ball to the ground. Isn't he like a 6 year senior? Should know this by now IMO.

Seems like McNorton is doing some of the same dumb things too. Fielding a kickoff that would have gone out of bounds.

Brains people, get some.

4mcruenomore
10-12-2009, 01:48 AM
I'll respond to my own post by asking more. Why is it, when we have such explosive kick return guys that we always have shitty field position. It's like they don't know where to go and fall down or run into the blockers.

Bisonguy
10-12-2009, 02:06 AM
Shamen was flagged for making the "Don't touch the ball, get outta the way" call. The only signal that can be made is the fair catch.

And yes, it's already been discussed.

BigBison
10-12-2009, 02:09 AM
Shamen was flagged for making the "Don't touch the ball, get outta the way" call. The only signal that can be made is the fair catch.

Why dont we just singal for a fair catch? :confused: Catch the ball, instead of letting it bounce for 20 yrds and the other team downs it at the one.

Bisonguy
10-12-2009, 02:12 AM
Why dont we just singal for a fair catch? :confused: Catch the ball, instead of letting it bounce for 20 yrds and the other team downs it at the one.

Maybe trying to maintain the consistently inconsistent philosophy in all facets of the game?

CaBisonFan
10-12-2009, 02:22 AM

4mcrue...be careful. LOL

rutlandbison
10-12-2009, 02:22 AM
Not sure if this was discussed yet. Shamen was flagged for not making the right fair catch call. Many Kool-Aid drinkers forget or do not realize that he almost single handedly lost the U of Minnesota game for us in '07 by doing the same thing, except he caught it and threw the ball to the ground. Isn't he like a 6 year senior? Should know this by now IMO.

Seems like McNorton is doing some of the same dumb things too. Fielding a kickoff that would have gone out of bounds.

Brains people, get some.
I don't get it? How does that make people Kool-Aid drinkers??

CaBisonFan
10-12-2009, 02:26 AM
I don't get it? How does that make people Kool-Aid drinkers??

Shamen this...Shamen that. He handed a bread loaf to SDSU in 2007. I think that's 4mcrue's point.

HandoEX
10-12-2009, 02:27 AM
Wasn't it Ojuri that fielded the ball on its way out of founds?

CarringtonBison
10-12-2009, 02:32 AM

DJ McNorton

bisonmike2
10-12-2009, 02:33 AM

Ojuri, by all accounts will be a great RB. Not a great return man. He was way to tentative out there.

Tatanka
10-12-2009, 02:34 AM
DJ McNorton

8 <> 1.

In fact, 8 > 1.

QED.

4mcruenomore
10-12-2009, 02:36 AM
If not for a favorable call at Minnesota, Shamen hands them the game, watch the DVD. And he has been doing that the whole time, yesterday again. By kool-aid drinkers, I mean everyone has been jizzing over him for who knows how long, but he truly hasn't done anything but given away games. Lucky to have that Minnesota call and win, truly lucky, watch the DVD.

rutlandbison
10-12-2009, 02:56 AM
If not for a favorable call at Minnesota, Shamen hands them the game, watch the DVD. And he has been doing that the whole time, yesterday again. By kool-aid drinkers, I mean everyone has been jizzing over him for who knows how long, but he truly hasn't done anything but given away games. Lucky to have that Minnesota call and win, truly lucky, watch the DVD.
I know the play, I was there. He was trying to give the ball to the official. I think it's quite noticable that shamen has lost a step or two here lately but in his early career, he was great. But who here has "jizzed" over him?

4mcruenomore
10-12-2009, 03:05 AM
I know the play, I was there. He was trying to give the ball to the official. I think it's quite noticable that shamen has lost a step or two here lately but in his early career, he was great. But who here has "jizzed" over him?

Everybody, including the announcers. Like he's Mr. Electricity or whatever. They even had his stats up on the TV, lol. He's a bum.

bisonmike2
10-12-2009, 06:54 PM

I have. Well not over him, more like off to the side. And he was passed out so he had no clue I was even there.

/kidding...kidding.

Herd80
10-12-2009, 09:42 PM
OK, someone better step in here and clarify before bm2 and others go too far... JAZZED, not jizzed

That's the one and only time I try to keep in clean (and only because the visual image is too much to take). Carry on

BigBison
10-13-2009, 01:16 AM
:D :D
I have. Well not over him, more like off to the side. And he was passed out so he had no clue I was even there.

/kidding...kidding.

AAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET :D