PDA

View Full Version : poor fan support

westnodak93bison
10-11-2009, 06:20 PM
I can understand not having a sell out when we are 1-4 but how can a fan leave the game when we are down 28-20? I couldnt believe how many fans were leaving early and sat on their ass the whole game.

met1990
10-11-2009, 06:21 PM
Sounds like they were probably leaving to get to the UND hockey game on time...

clenz
10-11-2009, 06:23 PM
I heard more U-N-I chants and Let's go Panthers chants on TV yeserday than Bison cheers.

It seemed like it was really quiet there....and looked really empty.

Also, before you give me the..UNI can't sell out either...From what I know about the sell out attendence at FFD and what you had yesterday, you were about 80-85% full...which is what UNI averages for games as well.

BigBison
10-11-2009, 06:38 PM
Attendance 16,418 and that is with 2,000+ students not there.

CarringtonBison
10-11-2009, 06:41 PM
I heard more U-N-I chants and Let's go Panthers chants on TV yeserday than Bison cheers.

Also, before you give me the..UNI can't sell out either...From what I know about the sell out attendence at FFD and what you had yesterday, you were about 80-85% full...which is what UNI averages for games as well.

it was a sell out, just not everyone showed up. Three entire sections were absent of students and three sections were only half full-maybe 2000 showed up. Lots of empty seats-first day of pheasant season, poor record, etc. However, all the tickets were sold-people didn't show up.

Very disappointed in the students. Expected some others to not show, but VERY poor showing.

06panther10
10-11-2009, 06:43 PM
it was a sell out, just not everyone showed up.

:confused:

EndZoneQB
10-11-2009, 06:45 PM

Tickets=gone, seats=unfilled.

clenz
10-11-2009, 06:46 PM
Tickets=gone, seats=unfilled.

If you are going that route UNI has sold the NDSU game last year as well....

BisManBison
10-11-2009, 09:26 PM
As far as attendance goes, lets keep in mind that yesterday was also the opener for pheasant season in ND, one of the top 5 holidays in the state.

unbison
10-11-2009, 09:57 PM
As far as attendance goes, lets keep in mind that yesterday was also the opener for pheasant season in ND, one of the top 5 holidays in the state.

we can not use this excuse after making fun of sdsu for using it

rutlandbison
10-11-2009, 10:42 PM
we can not use this excuse after making fun of sdsu for using it
well it happened.

spelunker64
10-12-2009, 03:32 AM
9 minutes to go down by 8 and the droves of people headed out drove me crazy...C'mon people your DVR will handle the show you may miss... BLAHHH

RowdyRabbit
10-12-2009, 03:55 AM
I wonder if a lot of students that typically would have come to the game, went home for the 3 day weekend?

Just a thought.

G-city Bison Fan
10-12-2009, 05:25 AM
I don't know what the hell you guys are so confused about.

NDSU is a bad football team. It is one thing to lose games, but the football isn't even fun to watch, it is just bad.

Bison Dan
10-12-2009, 12:09 PM

NDSU is a bad football team. It is one thing to lose games, but the football isn't even fun to watch, it is just bad.

Man what game were you at?? Playing the #3 team in the FCS and we played them better than anyone in the conf. will.

Bison Dan
10-12-2009, 12:09 PM
If you are going that route UNI has sold the NDSU game last year as well....

Yea with 3,500 Bison fan there.

bisongirl
10-12-2009, 12:37 PM
I can understand not having a sell out when we are 1-4 but how can a fan leave the game when we are down 28-20? I couldnt believe how many fans were leaving early and sat on their ass the whole game.

I left early...but I had a sick little boy...is that a valid excuse? And I listened to it on the radio in the car and then watched it on tv when I got home.

Bisonfan1
10-12-2009, 12:49 PM
I left early...but I had a sick little boy...is that a valid excuse? And I listened to it on the radio in the car and then watched it on tv when I got home.

I think we can give you a free pass - :This Time : ;)

Bison"FANatic"
10-12-2009, 12:59 PM
I thought it was a very good turn out by the fans. I expected a lot more blue but is wasn't bad at all. The student turn out was light to say the least but that was to be expected with the long weekend and the way the team has been playing. I think all that went were surprised that we made it a game with one of our worst teams in a decade maybe 2.

westnodak93bison
10-12-2009, 01:05 PM
Hords of fans leaving when it is 20-28, not cheering the whole game? The effort was there and maybe we should remember these are student athletes not pros.

G-city Bison Fan
10-12-2009, 02:34 PM
Man what game were you at?? Playing the #3 team in the FCS and we played them better than anyone in the conf. will.

We have played good enough to win 1 game of our last 6. Call it playing up to or down to the competition, but we were a 6-5 football team this year, we are 1-5 so far this year, and I have seen a lot of bad football.

Poor play calling, poor execution, drops, penalties, miscues in special teams, I don't care how tough you think we played, there was no win because there were a lot of mistakes.

Bison bison
10-12-2009, 02:41 PM

So I take it you're counting Saturday as a moral win...

NDSUFan_Sav
10-12-2009, 02:51 PM

if we have your quality of team and record...we would be 95% full or better every game look back to when we were 10-1.

NDSUFan_Sav
10-12-2009, 02:55 PM

ummm that game was a blast to be at...we were never out of the game, at halftime i stated before the game it would be 17-6 (11pt) it was 21-10 also 11 pts and in the 4th it was 28-20, i might be wrong but did we shut them out in the 3rd?

stevdock
10-12-2009, 02:59 PM
ummm that game was a blast to be at...we were never out of the game, at halftime i stated before the game it would be 17-6 (11pt) it was 21-10 also 11 pts and in the 4th it was 28-20, i might be wrong but did we shut them out in the 3rd?

Yes we did shut them out the 3rd. Their 4th TD was the long bomb that Grace threw right in front of the student section. I thought overall our defense was very good especially going up against that offense.

Bison Dan
10-12-2009, 03:01 PM
So I take it you're counting Saturday as a moral win...

I'm not into moral wins, but if you can't see that we were in the game and if we hadn't made so many miscues and a break or two we could have taken the game. Young players played well and the future looks bright. Talked with a UNI fan before the game and he said that they could have hung 60 on Missouri state if they wanted too. The UNI defense has only given up 3 touchdowns to FCS completion and only 7 points/game. Yes we made a lot of mistakes but with all the youth playing that will happen. I didn't like our play callling in side the 10 yard line. That hurt. Kicking hurt.

clenz
10-12-2009, 03:45 PM
if we have your quality of team and record...we would be 95% full or better every game look back to when we were 10-1.

You also don't have to fight with 2 FBS schools in the state, one of them ranked in the top 25 almost every year.

bisonmike2
10-12-2009, 03:49 PM
You also don't have to fight with 2 FBS schools in the state, one of them ranked in the top 25 almost every year.

But we have to compete with UND Fighting Sue hockey and if you ask those guys that's the #1 team in the history of sports, playing the most popular sport
in the history of the world in the worlds best sports facility.

HerdBot
10-12-2009, 04:04 PM

Season tickets were sold but the fans didn't go to the game. The people who sit next to me all year were not at this game but they had tickets because they are season ticket holders.

The game sold out of regular tickets. Students apparetnly didn't care though.

G-city Bison Fan
10-12-2009, 04:08 PM

A blast to be at?

27 penalties, missed field goals, kicks out of bounds, dropped passes, a fight at the end of the game?

You and I must like a different kind of football.

GradBison
10-12-2009, 04:33 PM
I'll tell you what's poor fan support, I was in section 22 next to the visitors, after the national anthem they started with their UNI chant, I stand and start the Let's Go Bison chant and people stared at me like I'm a freakin alien. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

BlueBisonRock
10-12-2009, 05:27 PM
I'll tell you what's poor fan support, I was in section 22 next to the visitors, after the national anthem they started with their UNI chant, I stand and start the Let's Go Bison chant and people stared at me like I'm a freakin alien. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Looks like you needed TA and SD to get Section 22's focus.

tony
10-12-2009, 06:17 PM
Hey I tried. Last time I was there, I brought my accordion and tried to teach the people around me the steps to the Bison Dance (a superior version of the Chicken Dance.) What better way to fire up the crowd?

Phase 1: Instead of using your hand to simulate two beaks opening and closing, give them the Bison horns while simulating rocking out (sticking out tongue optional):

http://archuletafanscene.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/the_beavis_and_butt-head_experience.jpg

Phase 2: Instead of flapping your arms, paw (hoof?) the ground with one foot.

http://memeart.tripod.com/cows/bull2.gif

Phase 3: Wiggle hips. I don't know why a bison would do that but you just can't improve on perfection.

http://media.bigoo.ws/content/gif/professions/professions_42.gif

Phase 4: turn around in a circle without falling over (high degree of difficulty). I had trouble finding the right illustration for this.

http://webpages.charter.net/tenks/picard.gif

Anyway, the last thing I remember was a dome security guy coming running at me with a stun gun...

The only thing true thing in the above story is the word "instead"

56BISON73
10-12-2009, 06:19 PM
Hey I tried. Last time I was there, I brought my accordion and tried to teach the people around me the steps to the Bison Dance (a superior version of the Chicken Dance.) What better way to fire up the crowd?

Phase 1: Instead of using your hand to simulate two beaks opening and closing, give them the Bison horns while simulating rocking out (sticking out tongue optional):

http://archuletafanscene.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/the_beavis_and_butt-head_experience.jpg

Phase 2: Instead of flapping your arms, paw (hoof?) the ground with one foot.

http://memeart.tripod.com/cows/bull2.gif

Phase 3: Wiggle hips. I don't know why a bison would do that but you just can't improve on perfection.

http://media.bigoo.ws/content/gif/professions/professions_42.gif

Phase 4: turn around in a circle without falling over (high degree of difficulty). I had trouble finding the right illustration for this.

http://webpages.charter.net/tenks/picard.gif

Anyway, the last thing I remember was a dome security guy coming running at me with a stun gun...

The only thing true thing in the above story is the word "instead"

:D :D :D :D

Bisonfan1
10-12-2009, 07:02 PM

A HA !!! So your the guy that got Fargo PD to eyeball section 22. STAND AND CHANT at the FargoDome during a football game, really, really, how dare you !!! :D :D Hey Thanx for the effort !!

ndsubison1
10-12-2009, 07:15 PM

thats how the student section is.. whenever me sav my other buddy and also when lakes showed up and we started cheering or yelling at the UNI players, a good amount of students gave us that WTF? :confused: look like "Why are you yelling/cheering?" A lot of students just look like zombies out there

56BISON73
10-12-2009, 07:26 PM
thats how the student section is.. whenever me sav my other buddy and also when lakes showed up and we started cheering or yelling at the UNI players, a good amount of students gave us that WTF? :confused: look like "Why are you yelling/cheering?" A lot of students just look like zombies out there

May be thats what the WTF looks were for.

Which is a good question. Why would you show poor sportsmanship by yelling at opposing players?

ndsubison1
10-12-2009, 07:50 PM

Which is a good question. Why would you show poor sportsmanship by yelling at opposing players?

it's part of the game, i dont see whats so wrong with that. thats what the student section is for... also, people even gave us those looks when we cheered for the Bison as I was trying to say

bisonmike2
10-12-2009, 07:59 PM

I've done it each time I've sat behind the vistors bench. Nothing offensive or vulgar. I usually yell things like on 3rd down "Punt team! Get Ready! Get the punt team ready"

56BISON73
10-12-2009, 10:44 PM
it's part of the game, i dont see whats so wrong with that. thats what the student section is for... also, people even gave us those looks when we cheered for the Bison as I was trying to say

Hmmmmm:confused:m And to think I thought the purpose of the srudent secrtion was to watch the game and cheer for your team. Oh silly me. LOL

ndsubison1
10-12-2009, 11:08 PM
Hmmmmm:confused:m And to think I thought the purpose of the srudent secrtion was to watch the game and cheer for your team. Oh silly me. LOL

ok from now on I will congratulate the opposing team and say good luck to them :D :rolleyes:

Cat80
10-12-2009, 11:14 PM
But we have to compete with UND Fighting Sue hockey and if you ask those guys that's the #1 team in the history of sports, playing the most popular sport
in the history of the world in the worlds best sports facility.

Still doesn't work out. 12,000 in Grand Forks vs 45,000 in Ames and 70,000 in Iowa City. Different sports too. You're the land grant in a small population state in the largest city in that state. You do very well and 16,000 for a now 1-5 team is good. You just have some advantages UNI does not.

DIGRAPPLER
10-12-2009, 11:18 PM
Ok, enough looking in the past. Bison athletics just needs to fix whatever problem it is and fill the dome on Oct 24 and November 21. I am sure doesn't want to play in front of a small crowd. The atmosphere was definetly down without the students. Students need to get those tickets they are free arent they?

Tatanka
10-12-2009, 11:24 PM
Ok, enough looking in the past. Bison athletics just needs to fix whatever problem it is and fill the dome on Oct 24 and November 21. I am sure doesn't want to play in front of a small crowd. The atmosphere was definetly down without the students. Students need to get those tickets they are free arent they?

No, but they've already been paid for.:nod:

NDSUFan_Sav
10-12-2009, 11:50 PM

well I kept asking #75 if he wanted a big mac and then he goes and gets a false start :) He asked us where we're at after their 1st TD and I asked where are their National Titles at????

tjbison
10-13-2009, 03:34 AM
well I kept asking #75 if he wanted a big mac and then he goes and gets a false start :) He asked us where we're at after their 1st TD and I asked where are their National Titles at????

but SAV UNI doesn't recognize those as National Championships they only count if you won them in the past 2, 3 maybe 4 years! Oh wait they can't claim that either shoot

Jay
10-13-2009, 03:45 AM

That is the point, and it's tons of fun. Great job Ming!

clenz
10-13-2009, 03:48 PM

Yep... Austin Howard is the guy you want to heckle...he isn't an All American likely mid round pick or anything.

Speaking of National Titles, where are yours at?