PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to the Rabbit game?

Da_Bizon
10-11-2009, 05:21 PM
Lookin' to see who all is going and where they're staying (a.k.a. where the party's at)....

lakesbison
10-11-2009, 05:23 PM
6 tickets. i got 2 extra if you wanna party with lakes and talk a TON of smack from the front row!

yellowstreak
10-11-2009, 05:59 PM
I'm going, but I'm not staying overnight. I should get drunk before the game so I don't notice the score.

clenz
10-11-2009, 06:29 PM
Win or loose beat the hell out of them to soften them up for the following week...thanks.

roadwarrior
10-11-2009, 06:45 PM
Can someone give me the directions to Brookings?

Da_Bizon
10-11-2009, 06:48 PM
6 tickets. i got 2 extra if you wanna party with lakes and talk a TON of smack from the front row!

I'm sure there are some West Lot security people who would love to take those extra tickets...

heckler
10-11-2009, 07:09 PM
will be there and spending the night!

cvbison1
10-11-2009, 07:24 PM
will be there and spending the night!

CV and friends will be there. hopefully LC

Jdubs21
10-11-2009, 08:13 PM
9 others and myself will be there...2nd row 40 yrd line! GO BISON!!!!!

Da_Bizon
10-11-2009, 08:21 PM
Is anyone else stuck spending the night in Watertown?

VanClubPres
10-11-2009, 09:28 PM
RunDMC34, or TackleDMC8 or whatever his name is this week is, and me and the war and finance debt are going to be there.

Not missing this one, lets get back the stupid rock and have something to cheer about.

IzzyFlexion
10-11-2009, 09:37 PM

Staying at the downtown Hyatt?
Or perhaps the Watertown Airport Hilton?:D

lakesbison
10-11-2009, 09:43 PM
do we seroiusly need a stupid permit for tailgating? what are all of you doing for tailgate?

Bisonguy
10-11-2009, 09:49 PM
do we seroiusly need a stupid permit for tailgating? what are all of you doing for tailgate?

yes, and I believe you need to order them by Wednesday

TbonZach
10-11-2009, 09:51 PM
Can someone give me the directions to Brookings?

Just follow the smell. Sorry, that's Grand Forks...

IzzyFlexion
10-11-2009, 09:58 PM
yes, and I believe you need to order them by Wednesday

I heard that if you get your permit by close of business on Tuesday, you'll be allowed to park your car there overnight on Friday!:D :D
Also, they're running a nice tailgating promotion for visitors. If you've been banned from an SDSU fan message board..... you can blast loud music throughout Friday night through you car speakers and have nude pole dancing on the north endzone goalpost.
Stay calm Lakes. I'm just 'ef-ing with ya!

Mr. Burgundy
10-11-2009, 09:59 PM
8 guys from our group will be there. We pre purchased our tailgating spot. I am not willing to mess with a campus cop telling us we can't be someplace we want to be. Rules are rules. If the money assists in a paved lot in the future, it is considered an investment.

I have more fun at road games. Bison fans are fun on the road.

WYOBISONMAN
10-11-2009, 10:03 PM
8 guys from our group will be there. We pre purchased our tailgating spot. I am not willing to mess with a campus cop telling us we can't be someplace we want to be. Rules are rules. If the money assists in a paved lot in the future, it is considered an investment.

I have more fun at road games. Bison fans are fun on the road.

Have a beer for me.......I will be there in spirit......GO BISON! Let's have the UPSET!

Jdubs21
10-11-2009, 10:09 PM
where do you get the permits for tailgating at?

Blue
10-11-2009, 10:17 PM
where do you get the permits for tailgating at?
The SDSU Ticket Office during a weekday 1-866-GOJACKS or 1-866-465-2257

Tatanka
10-11-2009, 10:18 PM
Tatanka and Risin'Bison will be there. At this point still have two extras. we're on the 40 yard line in row B. Paint chips and splinters all around!!!

JackJD
10-11-2009, 10:19 PM

You should feel honored: Watertown is the home of a number of top Bison athletes over the years including some current ones. ;)

Da_Bizon
10-11-2009, 10:26 PM
Staying at the downtown Hyatt?
Or perhaps the Watertown Airport Hilton?:D

Country Inn & Suites, actually

bisonmike2
10-11-2009, 10:39 PM
You should feel honored: Watertown is the home of a number of top Bison athletes over the years including some current ones. ;)

Not to mention one of Bisonville's most intellectual and most awesomist posters!:)

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
10-11-2009, 11:10 PM

Should be easy to get. Also, tickets should be easy to come by...........SD pheasant opener............bigger than Christmas in SD.

I wonder if they sell it out?

KUlawJack
10-12-2009, 01:29 AM
Should be easy to get. Also, tickets should be easy to come by...........SD pheasant opener............bigger than Christmas in SD.

I wonder if they sell it out?

Never sell out. They keep selling tickets as long as people want to get in. Granted you have to stand 30 deep in the endzone if that is the case but you will always be able to get a ticket.

Bisonguy
10-12-2009, 03:10 AM
Never sell out. They keep selling tickets as long as people want to get in. Granted you have to stand 30 deep in the endzone if that is the case but you will always be able to get a ticket.

Is the north endzone still open? If that's the case, heck, 30 deep and you're about five feet from the field.

HooliganBison
10-12-2009, 03:18 AM
Question: If I have tickets in section R with assigned row and seat numbers, do I actually get them or is that a GA area? I thought last time it was first come first basis.

jacks1
10-12-2009, 03:46 AM
Question: If I have tickets in section R with assigned row and seat numbers, do I actually get them or is that a GA area? I thought last time it was first come first basis.

Not GA...the east side is all reserved now.

lakesbison
10-12-2009, 03:49 AM
Hoolligan.. pm me back, maybe you can come down to the front row with us!

BigBison
10-12-2009, 03:55 AM
Just follow the smell. Sorry, that's Grand Forks...

Depends on the smell...Ifs its pig shit then thats the way to Cedar Falls, if its just smell of rotting sugar beets and potatos thats Grand Forks and if its more of a rotting maggot infested meat smell thats Brookings.

RowdyRabbit
10-12-2009, 04:00 AM
Looking forward to hosting the Bison fans again this year.

Had some good conversations with quite a few Bison fans in 07.

This year we decided to get tickets on the east side as opposed to the west side (50 yd line row 16, vs. 10 yd line, row 34), so I'm sure my father, brother and I will be right in the thick of the green and yellow.

Thumper 76
10-12-2009, 04:53 AM
Depends on the smell...Ifs its pig shit then thats the way to Cedar Falls, if its just smell of rotting sugar beets and potatos thats Grand Forks and if its more of a rotting maggot infested meat smell thats Brookings.

Is that because of all the times the Bison get butchered at CAS each time they go? I'm sorry I know its not a smack thread but I had to say it. :D :p

GOB1SON
10-12-2009, 12:49 PM
GOB1SON will be there.

NDGooch
10-12-2009, 03:12 PM
Wife and I are making our first trip to Brookings! Have no idea where the hell we are going when we get there, but we will be there! Where is a good place to park?

JackJD
10-12-2009, 03:16 PM
Plenty of parking in the vicinity of the stadium...large parking area north of the stadium.

NDGooch, come early and spend money!

80ALUM
10-13-2009, 03:57 AM
We will be there with 2 SDSU grads.

gobison.gsb
10-13-2009, 06:25 AM
I'll be there, with 189 of my fellow friends (and band members).

mango
10-13-2009, 06:29 AM
Is the north endzone still open? If that's the case, heck, 30 deep and you're about five feet from the field.

North endzone is now closed off because of the Dykhouse Center being built

Bison Alumni
10-13-2009, 04:18 PM
The NDSU Alumni Association will be in Brookings this Saturday!

Join us under the tent before kick-off! Get your Bison tattoos and beads. Come see the Gold Star Marching Band and the NDSU Cheer Team!

We will be south of the softball stadium. Hamburger or hot dog, chips & soda for $5. Complimentary coffee, hot chocolate and water.

Visit our website for more information http://www.ndsualumni.com/NetCommuni...=439&srcid=193.

Tatanka
10-13-2009, 04:49 PM
Hey, has anyone heard if the Alumni Association is sponsoring a tent, perhaps with beads and free hot chocolate or something like that?

Good Grief.

:smh:

DjKyRo
10-13-2009, 04:52 PM
Hey, has anyone heard if the Alumni Association is sponsoring a tent, perhaps with beads and free hot chocolate or something like that?

Good Grief.

:smh:

I don't know, but I wonder if you'd be able to see the Gold Star Marching band and NDSU Cheer Team also?

lakesbison
10-13-2009, 04:55 PM
bring HOT 100, drop it in the Hot Chocolate Machine.

who's in??

extremerouge
10-13-2009, 04:58 PM
I don't know, but I wonder if you'd be able to see the Gold Star Marching band and NDSU Cheer Team also?

I will be there along with a crew of about 9 others!

DjKyRo
10-13-2009, 04:59 PM
I will be there along with a crew of about 9 others!

I'll be there also, but with a crew of about 183 others.

If you know what I'm saying. :nod:

runtheoption
10-13-2009, 05:12 PM
Does anyone know where I can find a website for maps, directions and parking for the NDSU Alumini Association tent in Brookings this Saturday?

extremerouge
10-13-2009, 05:25 PM
Does anyone know where I can find a website for maps, directions and parking for the NDSU Alumini Association tent in Brookings this Saturday?

http://www.ndsualumni.com/NetCommunity/Page.aspx?pid=439&srcid=193

Tatanka
10-13-2009, 05:47 PM

Are they even having one? Perhaps if they could maybe post some information on the board...

BadlandsBison
10-13-2009, 07:23 PM
The Dead Rabbits will be there.

http://www.reelingreviews.com/gangsofnewyorkpic.jpg

runtheoption
10-13-2009, 07:36 PM
Are they even having one? Perhaps if they could maybe post some information on the board...

I know. The lack of information is disturbing.

Till
10-13-2009, 07:47 PM
I'll be there plus 6. West side bleachers are going to be rocking.

aces1180
10-13-2009, 08:07 PM
I wish I could be there, but the wife could go into labor at any minute, so I'm on baby duty...I'll be watching on KVLY, however...and I think she would let me watch for a while in the hospital ;). Not going to push that one though.

Tatanka
10-13-2009, 08:16 PM
I wish I could be there, but the wife could go into labor at any minute, so I'm on baby duty...I'll be watching on KVLY, however...and I think she would let me watch for a while in the hospital ;). Not going to push that one though.

Wise man....

Bison bison
10-13-2009, 08:24 PM

You can always have another kid. If the Bison pull off the upset in Brookings (never thought I'd type that) you're going to be kicking yourself...

(i kid, i kid)

Da_Bizon
10-13-2009, 08:53 PM
You can always have another kid. If the Bison pull off the upset in Brookings (never thought I'd type that) you're going to be kicking yourself...

(i kid, i kid)

Or you could have Bibeau do it... wait, he'd miss...

80ALUM
10-13-2009, 10:08 PM

No lack of information. I got an email last week about the Alumni Association gathering.

Tatanka
10-13-2009, 10:16 PM
No lack of information. I got an email last week about the Alumni Association gathering.

:(

Yes, but did you get six (6) e-mails, all sent to different addresses within five (5) minutes of each other? Clearly a lack of information, then.

I wish I knew more about this event, or could find out about it on a more popular section of the message board. I did hear something or another about hot dogs and chips though.

bisonhp330
10-14-2009, 03:36 AM
Or you could have Bibeau do it... wait, he'd miss...

za-za-za-ZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! :rofl: :rofl:

IzzyFlexion
10-14-2009, 12:17 PM
Well, it's Wednesday and still no information about any alumni events for the SDSU game. C'mon people.....at least let us know if there will be free hot chocolate for Christ's sake.
Oh, and would it too much to ask if we could get a cheerleader or two to show up at a hospitality tent?

Tatanka
10-14-2009, 01:09 PM
Well, it's Wednesday and still no information about any alumni events for the SDSU game. C'mon people.....at least let us know if there will be free hot chocolate for Christ's sake.
Oh, and would it too much to ask if we could get a cheerleader or two to show up at a hospitality tent?

This. ^

heckler
10-14-2009, 01:31 PM
The effect of pheasants: Argus Leader (http://www.argusleader.com/article/20091013/SPORTS0202/910130321/1002/sports)

In addition to taking on each other, the Jackrabbits and Bison will battle pheasants this weekend.

The Dakota Marker game - the annual football contest between longtime rivals No. 20-ranked South Dakota State and North Dakota State - will be held at 6 p.m. Saturday at Coughlin-Alumni Stadium, just six hours after the official kickoff of the pheasant hunting season.

The pheasant opener - the start of a nearly three-month season - is a defacto holiday in South Dakota. The Department of Game, Fish and Parks estimates that 80,000 residents and 90,000 nonresidents hunt the birds annually in this state, spending more than $100 million to do so.

The kickoff is such a crowd killer that SDSU has asked Missouri Valley Football Conference officials to put the Jacks on the road or in an idle situation on the third October of each fall. But that isn't always possible - this is maybe the second time in the past decade that the Jacks have hosted a football game on the opener.

"We want to make sure people are thinking of football first and pheasants second," said SDSU associate athletic director Rob Peterson, who handles football scheduling. "Right now, that's not an option."

Still, pigskin seems to be gaining in popularity. The Jacks are averaging 13,150 fans per home game this season, a pace that would shatter the previous record, and ticket manager Christi Williams is anticipating a crowd of roughly 15,000 on Saturday.

That would be down from the past four meetings. Each school has broken its record for single-game attendance during that run. The 2006 and 2007 meetings determined the Great West Conference champ, and the past two games - both won by SDSU - have been decided by a total of six points.

As for what's at stake this time, the Jacks (4-1, 3-0) are trying to stay in first place in the Valley, move one win closer to a playoff berth and win their third straight game in the series - something that hasn't happened in 46 years. The Bison are 1-5, their worst start since 1975, meaning the Dakota Marker is the only trophy they have a shot to hoist this season.

In that regard, this is perhaps the only matchup that has a fighting chance against the pheasants.

Believe it or not, the Jacks can relate to the conflicted fans. Many of their players and coaches are avid hunters, too, and they'd be prepping their guns this week if not for the football game.

"I live in both worlds," said SDSU coach and South Dakota native John Stiegelmeier. "I grew up hunting pheasants, and I'm the South Dakota State football coach. I think you have one of these games on Saturday, but you have a lot of time to hunt."

bisonmike2
10-14-2009, 01:42 PM
The effect of pheasants: Argus Leader (http://www.argusleader.com/article/20091013/SPORTS0202/910130321/1002/sports)

In addition to taking on each other, the Jackrabbits and Bison will battle pheasants this weekend.

The Dakota Marker game - the annual football contest between longtime rivals No. 20-ranked South Dakota State and North Dakota State - will be held at 6 p.m. Saturday at Coughlin-Alumni Stadium, just six hours after the official kickoff of the pheasant hunting season.

The pheasant opener - the start of a nearly three-month season - is a defacto holiday in South Dakota. The Department of Game, Fish and Parks estimates that 80,000 residents and 90,000 nonresidents hunt the birds annually in this state, spending more than $100 million to do so.

The kickoff is such a crowd killer that SDSU has asked Missouri Valley Football Conference officials to put the Jacks on the road or in an idle situation on the third October of each fall. But that isn't always possible - this is maybe the second time in the past decade that the Jacks have hosted a football game on the opener.

"We want to make sure people are thinking of football first and pheasants second," said SDSU associate athletic director Rob Peterson, who handles football scheduling. "Right now, that's not an option."

Still, pigskin seems to be gaining in popularity. The Jacks are averaging 13,150 fans per home game this season, a pace that would shatter the previous record, and ticket manager Christi Williams is anticipating a crowd of roughly 15,000 on Saturday.

That would be down from the past four meetings. Each school has broken its record for single-game attendance during that run. The 2006 and 2007 meetings determined the Great West Conference champ, and the past two games - both won by SDSU - have been decided by a total of six points.

As for what's at stake this time, the Jacks (4-1, 3-0) are trying to stay in first place in the Valley, move one win closer to a playoff berth and win their third straight game in the series - something that hasn't happened in 46 years. The Bison are 1-5, their worst start since 1975, meaning the Dakota Marker is the only trophy they have a shot to hoist this season.

In that regard, this is perhaps the only matchup that has a fighting chance against the pheasants.

Believe it or not, the Jacks can relate to the conflicted fans. Many of their players and coaches are avid hunters, too, and they'd be prepping their guns this week if not for the football game.

"I live in both worlds," said SDSU coach and South Dakota native John Stiegelmeier. "I grew up hunting pheasants, and I'm the South Dakota State football coach. I think you have one of these games on Saturday, but you have a lot of time to hunt."

I read this yesterday. I didn't know they asked to be on the road during the pheasant opener. Makes sense though. It's a frickin holiday in SD. All boys born in SD are given a shotgun and blaze orange vest when they're born. It's tradition.

80ALUM
10-14-2009, 03:42 PM
Plenty of info about pre-game party, tailgating and parking on the NDSU Alumni Association website. Just click on link about NDSU-SDSU game.
See you all at the pre-game party!

IzzyFlexion
10-14-2009, 03:53 PM
Plenty of info about pre-game party, tailgating and parking on the NDSU Alumni Association website. Just click on link about NDSU-SDSU game.

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Entertainment/images-3/johnny-carson.jpg
Uhhh, I did not know that.

Thumper 76
10-14-2009, 03:58 PM
You guys can't really get on us too much after all the posts I read on here talking about last weeks attendance being affected by pheasant season. I don't like people missing the game for pheasant opener anymore than anyone esle, but don't give us too much crap for what you guys just had happen to you ;) :smh:

Tatanka
10-14-2009, 04:19 PM

I must have missed the link. Perhaps I should look in one of the four or five other locations.

I still wish the info was more easily accessible and that this would have been better publicized.

heckler
10-14-2009, 04:58 PM
You guys can't really get on us too much after all the posts I read on here talking about last weeks attendance being affected by pheasant season. I don't like people missing the game for pheasant opener anymore than anyone esle, but don't give us too much crap for what you guys just had happen to you ;) :smh:

Think you forgot we are 1-5

met1990
10-14-2009, 05:34 PM
My wife and I were planning on going but President Chapman just called and said his private jet doesn't have anymore room...:(

cvbison1
10-14-2009, 05:39 PM
[QUOTE=Thumper 76;316409]You guys can't really get on us too much after all the posts I read on here talking about last weeks attendance being affected by pheasant season. I don't like people missing the game for pheasant opener anymore than anyone esle, but don't give us too much crap for what you guys just had happen to you ;) :smh:[/QUOT

we are 1-5. if we were in your position right now we would be packed to the max even if there was a bomb threat at the dome. and a pheasant opener wouldn't affect our football crowd because we know whats more important in NoDak

jacks1
10-14-2009, 06:08 PM
Think you forgot we are 1-5

But I thought Bison fans were the most loyal and faithful fans in the universe?

GradBison
10-14-2009, 06:13 PM
But I thought Bison fans were the most loyal and faithful fans in the universe?

You're correct in your thinking.

Sell your precious CAS out, without our help, then come smack here.

jacks1
10-14-2009, 06:16 PM
You're correct in your thinking.

Sell your precious CAS out, without our help, then come smack here.

Hey, I'm not claiming that SDSU has the best FB following...probably never will. But don't go stomping around saying how loyal and faithful you all are and then make excuses about low attendance due to record...you all are better than that.

met1990
10-14-2009, 06:19 PM
Hey, I'm not claiming that SDSU has the best FB following...probably never will. But don't go stomping around saying how loyal and faithful you all are and then make excuses about low attendance due to record...you all are better than that.

I'm not sure why Bison fans are complaining about attendance. 16K for a 1-4 team? I'll take that (not the 1-4 record, obviously). I bought tickets late for UNI and got stuck way up in the nosebleeds. They're still making money despite the record.

Tatanka
10-14-2009, 06:42 PM

Dear Buttercup,

Our "low attendance" is higher than your "high attendance".

Sincerely,
Bo Vine

lcbison
10-14-2009, 07:08 PM
Charter Bus Leaves at noon on Saturday

jimmyjack
10-14-2009, 07:13 PM
Dear Buttercup,

Sincerely,
Bo Vine

Honestly, I was thinking the same thing. And we have made kind of the same argument to a certain former rival as well (i.e.: Our average attendance is more than the DakotaDump can hold).

Tatanka
10-14-2009, 07:15 PM
Honestly, I was thinking the same thing. And we have made kind of the same argument to a certain former rival as well (i.e.: Our average attendance is more than the DakotaDump can hold).

True that as well. Which is still more than the tin shed usually has for actual paid attendance*

* not counting virtual attendance.

jackrabbit1979
10-14-2009, 07:16 PM
Dear Buttercup,

Sincerely,
Bo Vine

Apples to Oranges. SDSU counts butts in the seats, where NDSU counts tickets sold.

I'm not saying that SDSU's following is even close to what you have in Fargo, but we at least need to use the same metrics if we are going to compare.

GradBison
10-14-2009, 07:17 PM
Apples to Oranges. SDSU counts butts in the seats, where NDSU counts tickets sold.

I'm not saying that SDSU's following is even close to what you have in Fargo, but we at least need to use the same metrics if we are going to compare.

You are mistaken.

Tatanka
10-14-2009, 07:18 PM

Pretty sure the 16k + at our last game was asses in seats. Low student turnout accounted for most of teh deficit from a full house, but not all.

jackrabbit1979
10-14-2009, 07:20 PM
Has something changed just recently then? I recall conversations here on Bisonville in the past with some the more respected members that said that NDSU counts season ticket holders and pre-sold tickets as attendees whether they set foot in the Fargodome or not.

Last November when we were up for the Marker game, it was advertised as "sold out, standing room only" yet there were a number of visable blue seats throughout the dome all game long.

If I'm mistaken, I apologize.

Thumper 76
10-14-2009, 07:20 PM
Honestly I was at the Fargodome last year for the marker game and there were ALOT of blue seats in there for it being the marker game, even though it was supposed to be a "sellout". The only full section was the section given to SDSU fans. So don't get too high and mighty about if we were in your shoes. I've seen the blue seat "sellout".:nod:

lcbison
10-14-2009, 07:22 PM
Honestly I was at the Fargodome last year for the marker game and there were ALOT of blue seats in there for it being the marker game, even though it was supposed to be a "sellout". The only full section was the section given to SDSU fans. So don't get too high and mighty about if we were in your shoes. I've seen the blue seat "sellout".:nod:

some of us use our extra tickets to go and get a couple beer at halftime. so they are put to good use

GradBison
10-14-2009, 07:22 PM
NCAA has rules on how to count attendance figures, Hammersmith had a post about not too long ago but I don't recall on which forum.

It was actually BisonMike:
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showpost.php?p=310573&postcount=53

And Hammersmith's clarification:
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showpost.php?p=310777&postcount=63

lakesbison
10-14-2009, 07:26 PM
i used 2 tickets last week to walk out and have a beer and walk back in, sorry, the seats are paid for so who cares.

IzzyFlexion
10-14-2009, 07:30 PM
Has something changed just recently then? I recall conversations here on Bisonville in the past with some the more respected members that said that NDSU counts season ticket holders and pre-sold tickets as attendees whether they set foot in the Fargodome or not.

Last November when we were up for the Marker game, it was advertised as "sold out, standing room only" yet there were a number of visable blue seats throughout the dome all game long.

If I recall, the Forum had an article on the unusually high number of urinary tract infections sweeping the F-M area at the time of last year's game. Many fans jockying for position in the potty lines make for the illusion of a sparse crowd.

56BISON73
10-14-2009, 07:37 PM

You dont seem to know what the term "sell out" means. That means all seat are SOLD. As is in when you go to the market to buy carrots for your bunnies and they dont have any more because they are SOLD OUT.

Sell out and Sold out is not to be confused with or equated to---every seat that is sold will have an attendee sitting in it. I hope that helps.

80ALUM
10-14-2009, 08:07 PM
You dont seem to know what the term "sell out" means. That means all seat are SOLD. As is in when you go to the market to buy carrots for your bunnies and they dont have any more because they are SOLD OUT.

Sell out and Sold out is not to be confused with or equated to---every seat that is sold will have an attendee sitting in it. I hope that helps.

Funny stuff! Love the analogy. :D 100th post btw

jackrabbit1979
10-14-2009, 09:29 PM

And you must not know what the term "attendance" means...as in actually attending/being in the Fargodome to see Mertens throw three picks and Paschall three punches versus having a ticket but staying home to watch it on TV. NDSU announces attendance each week, but is it accurate to the number of people actually attending the game or the number of tickets sold/claimed? I hope that helps.

There really isn't anything wrong with either way of counting attendance (although I would rather know how many people were actually there), I just wanted to point out that SDSU and NDSU were possibly using different forms of counting.

GradBison
10-14-2009, 09:44 PM
And you must not know what the term "attendance" means...as in actually attending/being in the Fargodome to see Mertens throw three picks and Paschall three punches versus having a ticket but staying home to watch it on TV. NDSU announces attendance each week, but is it accurate to the number of people actually attending the game or the number of tickets sold/claimed? I hope that helps.

There really isn't anything wrong with either way of counting attendance (although I would rather know how many people were actually there), I just wanted to point out that SDSU and NDSU were possibly using different forms of counting.

And I pointed you towards the answer, but you persist and throw some additional smack about picks and punches. Well done.

56BISON73
10-14-2009, 09:47 PM

I understood exactly what you were attempting to do.
The question is--- why didnt you just come out and say that instead of all the bullshit? I guess when youre trollng its not as much fun.

BlueBisonRock
10-14-2009, 09:47 PM

Jack, I admire your quest for accuracy as I do believe in making fact based decisions. In that light, I suggest that you get your facts right before making a post. Mr. Mertens was picked twice, not thrice as you indicate. Mr Paschall made a single and uncalled for open handed push on the UNI defender resulting in his suspension.

While I both encourage and respect posters from other schools, I do find my patience wearing thin when these posters demonstrate an intent to agitate or put down the NDSU team. It appears to me that you are moving in this direction.

Regarding the attendence: By my observation, 15k to 16k is a good ball park estimate. There were significantly fewer fans dressed in blue five minutes after the game started than there were five minutes prior to the start. The most obvious hole was the student section, which has been discussed ad nasium.

IzzyFlexion
10-14-2009, 09:54 PM

If I remember correctly, a member of Bisonville and SDSU Fans was banned from the SDSU site for "smack" talking in a non-"smack" thread.
Knock it the hell off!

Thumper 76
10-14-2009, 10:15 PM
If I remember correctly, a member of Bisonville and SDSU Fans was banned from the SDSU site for "smack" talking in a non-"smack" thread.
Knock it the hell off!

That member is so bad, however that you guys have to approve each post before it goes up. That said, I'm with you smack should be in smack.

jackrabbit1979
10-14-2009, 10:35 PM
Jack, I admire your quest for accuracy as I do believe in making fact based decisions. In that light, I suggest that you get your facts right before making a post. Mr. Mertens was picked twice, not thrice as you indicate. Mr Paschall made a single and uncalled for open handed push on the UNI defender resulting in his suspension.

While I both encourage and respect posters from other schools, I do find my patience wearing thin when these posters demonstrate an intent to agitate or put down the NDSU team. It appears to me that you are moving in this direction.

Regarding the attendence: By my observation, 15k to 16k is a good ball park estimate. There were significantly fewer fans dressed in blue five minutes after the game started than there were five minutes prior to the start. The most obvious hole was the student section, which has been discussed ad nasium.

I apologize.

It wasn't my intent to put down or agitate anyone...I just asked some legitmate questions and tehn 56BISON fired across some smack and a post that insinuated I didn't know what the hell I was talking about, so I fired a barb back. With what was posted above, it does look like NDSU counts tickets sold vs. butts in seats. I don't come here to rile up the masses, but do enjoy adding factual information when I can from someone who isn't wearing Green and Gold glasses. I've been around here long enough to know the rules on Bisonville.

And I wasn't meaning to be factual with the picks and punches, it was just a joke. I appreciate the info Grad Bison passed along, it proved my point that was included in my first post.

I don't think I'm anywhere close to LakeBison, so that comparison that was made is a little dissapointing.

IzzyFlexion
10-14-2009, 10:50 PM
I apologize.

It wasn't my intent to put down or agitate anyone...I just asked some legitmate questions and tehn 56BISON fired across some smack and a post that insinuated I didn't know what the hell I was talking about, so I fired a barb back. With what was posted above, it does look like NDSU counts tickets sold vs. butts in seats. I don't come here to rile up the masses, but do enjoy adding factual information when I can from someone who isn't wearing Green and Gold glasses. I've been around here long enough to know the rules on Bisonville.

And I wasn't meaning to be factual with the picks and punches, it was just a joke. I appreciate the info Grad Bison passed along, it proved my point that was included in my first post.

I don't think I'm anywhere close to LakeBison, so that comparison that was made is a little dissapointing.

I absolutely DID NOT compare you personally to anyone.
I was simply pointing out precedent.....you know, like lawyer speak ie., Roe v. Wade, Kramer v. Kramer, et al. :)

BlueBisonRock
10-14-2009, 10:57 PM
I apologize.

Thank you for clearing this up. I get the joke now, but wanted to insure that the local fishwrap did not start adding to the pick and punch totals. Bisonville is one of their key sources of information.

I did note another post which referenced our moderated poster. I would not compare you to him no one else can compare. He is truely one of a kind.

I still have my glasses and will be wearing them again this weekend. Koolaid will be served starting 60 minutes prior to kickoff. Enjoy the game.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/80s_Glasses_Twotone_Yellow_Green-Co.jpg

rockybison
10-15-2009, 12:18 AM
just checking

lcbison
10-15-2009, 08:26 PM
CV and friends will be there. hopefully LC

Just got the word, LC joing 'crew on ANOTHER trip to Brookings.

Hopefully, the 4th time is a charm. (football only)

huskon4ever
10-15-2009, 08:57 PM
I'll be there again. Had the chance to catch the Jacks a few weeks ago as well. Lookin forward to seeing how our team will handle this. Our fortunes have flip-flopped with SDSU since our last visit there, so perhaps we can get things back on track with a strong showing. As they say, thats why the game is played.

Otherwise, its my birthday this weekend, so I'll be DT Brookings both nights whoopin up Bison Pride. :D :nod:

Tatanka
10-15-2009, 09:04 PM
Weather Forecast for Brookings, SD for Saturday, October 17:

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/10-15-20093-30-19PM.png

Rabbitlivinginverm
10-15-2009, 09:12 PM
Weather Forecast for Brookings, SD for Saturday, October 17:

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/10-15-20093-30-19PM.png

Classic. Good stuff!

DjKyRo
10-15-2009, 10:36 PM
hahahahahahaha, that took me for ever to figure out. Nicely done!

56BISON73
10-16-2009, 12:47 AM

"""Sell out and Sold out is not to be confused with or equated to---every seat that is sold will have an attendee sitting in it. I hope that helps.

Obviously your lack of comprehension of this line confused you. If I would have known that were the case I would have clarified further.
So yes I have a perfect understanding of the difference between a sell out and butts in the seats.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask. Remember the only stupid question is the one not asked. (chuckle chuckle)

extremerouge
10-16-2009, 09:11 PM
hey is there a bar we are taking over after the game down in Brookings?

SUPERBUNNY
10-16-2009, 09:30 PM
hey is there a bar we are taking over after the game down in Brookings?

Danny's Lounge on South Main would be the perfect spot for a Bison throwdown!

You can Mapquest it.

And as always, we appreciate your tourism dollars.

See you all tomorrow!

SUPERBUNNY

dryash83
10-16-2009, 09:40 PM
alright guys, i'm staying home and watching on tv. what can i expect to see in the stands....who's got the outfits to show off tomorrow?

Tatanka
10-16-2009, 09:44 PM
alright guys, i'm staying home and watching on tv. what can i expect to see in the stands....who's got the outfits to show off tomorrow?

Outfits? I think I'd be looking for whatever Slick is wearing...

lakesbison
10-16-2009, 10:09 PM
Cubbies is the bar, no level 9: kyle minnett gets mad when THIER gf's hit.on us, right slick and unbison?

Blue
10-17-2009, 03:50 AM
Safe travels to those of you coming down. It'll be a good one! I'll be wandering around the tailgate area before the game. Backpack and all.

Thumper 76
10-17-2009, 03:54 AM
Looking forward to tailgating with all you goofy guys! Even lakes! :hide:

lakesbison
10-17-2009, 06:01 AM
flying j at 9:30----- we kjnda drunkish..,,woooo hoooo bunny turds!!!

caravan and slick and 2 hot.ladiem leave at 9:30!!!!

heckler
10-17-2009, 06:12 AM
see everyone there!

NDSUFan_Sav
10-17-2009, 06:59 AM
10am the crew is leaving fargo slick ming another buddy and myself see everyone there!!!!

Thanks to that certain someone contacting me and making me realize this is something I don't want to miss!!

heckler
10-17-2009, 02:39 PM
having breakfast now at the flying j. caravaning at 10 with everyone!

Bisonfan1
10-17-2009, 02:50 PM
having breakfast now at the flying j. caravaning at 10 with everyone!

Have a good breakfast and then cheer like heck at the game !!! Wish I could be there !!! Who will I see on TV getting escorted from the stands ?? :D
Hey heard a rumor that SDBison got the below 2 tickets, SO lets see here, we have the yellow Cordaroy Pants guy with the Hard Hat Guy, I guess we know who we will see on TV tonight.

people don't want to see a 1-5 team, i get it.

2 tickets front row. its me, my girl, heckler, his girl, then 2 other girls from ndsu and "POSSIBLY YOU?" <<<< my favorite Stepbrother movie quote.

Prestige Worldwide's first music video,.,..... Investors?? ..Possibly YOU! From the film Step Brothers Cuz I gotta have me my boats 'n hoes

PM me and hurry up

"ITLL BE A MO FO RAINFOREST AT TAILGATE"