PDA

View Full Version : IPFW / Oakland

roadwarrior
10-11-2009, 03:47 AM
The Bison volleyball team returns to the BBF this weekend.

Fri Oct 16 - IPFW 7pm (finally I get to see them play!)
Sat Oct 17 - Oakland 7pm

roadwarrior
10-14-2009, 08:00 PM
Only 2 more days until I finally get to see our volleyball team!

X-Factor
10-16-2009, 12:13 AM
Only 2 more days until I finally get to see our volleyball team!

If you havn't been to a game yet this year, you will be impressed. Totally different atmosphere compared to last year. It is crazy.

Tatanka
10-16-2009, 12:23 AM
I expect they expect a sellout tomorrow? If so, Tatanka and the herd better get tickets early.

Oh, and I agree about the atmosphere. I can't believe there's another venue like it in teh Summit League.

bisongirl
10-16-2009, 01:41 AM
[QUOTE=Tatanka;317230]I expect they expect a sellout tomorrow? If so, Tatanka and the herd better get tickets early.QUOTE]

Yes, I would expect a sellout tomorrow. Not only are they finally back home, but it is their Dig for the Cure match. Wear your pink and help the Bison support the fight against breast cancer! If there are more than 1250 people in attendance Coach Hinterstocker will personally donate $250 to the Susan G. Komen foundation.

Tatanka
10-16-2009, 01:42 AM
[QUOTE=Tatanka;317230]I expect they expect a sellout tomorrow? If so, Tatanka and the herd better get tickets early.QUOTE]

Yes, I would expect a sellout tomorrow. Not only are they finally back home, but it is their Dig for the Cure match. Wear your pink and help the Bison support the fight against breast cancer! If there are more than 1250 people in attendance Coach Hinterstocker will personally donate $250 to the Susan G. Komen foundation.

well then, a sellout shouldn't be an issue. And there should be more than 1250 in attendance. (added that in for our challenged friends who don't know the difference :)) We'll get there early...

Hammersmith
10-16-2009, 01:47 AM
I expect they expect a sellout tomorrow? If so, Tatanka and the herd better get tickets early.

Green polo shirt with a pink tie sound okay? It's the only pink thing I own(and I only own the tie because it was for a wedding).

Nope - Too close to UND's colors. I'll have to go with the NDSU shirt OR the pink tie. Guess I'll have to decide tomorrow.

Tatanka
10-16-2009, 01:55 AM
Green polo shirt with a pink tie sound okay? It's the only pink thing I own(and I only own the tie because it was for a wedding).

Nope - Too close to UND's colors. I'll have to go with the NDSU shirt OR the pink tie. Guess I'll have to decide tomorrow.

:rofl:!!!!

TbonZach
10-16-2009, 03:17 AM
I'll have to go with the NDSU shirt OR the pink tie. Guess I'll have to decide tomorrow.

Wear the long one. The really long one.

Tatanka
10-16-2009, 03:19 AM
Wear the long one. The really long one.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l185/IMEI_01/Fark/fry-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

VanClubPres
10-16-2009, 03:29 AM
Yeah. This is going to be great.

Be Tough Enough To Wear Pink.

cbline
10-16-2009, 02:15 PM
I'm a little ashamed to say it, but Friday's match will be my FIRST ever Bison volleyball match. This is true even after being an alum and living in the area for the past 20 years. Please forgive me!!! My wife and two daughters will also be there. My younger daughter plays high school volleyball, so I bet that she will have the "deer in the headlights" look when watching the Bison!

Tatanka
10-16-2009, 02:16 PM
I'm a little ashamed to say it, but Friday's match will be my FIRST ever Bison volleyball match. This is true even after being an alum and living in the area for the past 20 years. Please forgive me!!! My wife and two daughters will also be there. My younger daughter plays high school volleyball, so I bet that she will have the "deer in the headlights" look when watching the Bison!

One guarantee: your second visit to the BBF won't take 20 years. Get ready for a party.

roadwarrior
10-16-2009, 02:39 PM

Are you in for a surprise!

rdh701
10-17-2009, 01:22 AM
Bison win - 3 straight. Great team play! :)

Gully
10-17-2009, 01:26 AM
Bison win - 3 straight. Great team play! :)

Wow, they sure make it look easy, don't they?

X-Factor
10-17-2009, 04:52 AM
Nice win tonight. I thought the Bison looked much more organized and played better as a team than the last time they were at home.

For those that are familiar with the team, how does the younger talent look and what can we expect when some of our current players start graduating? I am just crossing my finger that volleyball doesn't follow the football route after a couple of incredible seasons.

99Bison
10-17-2009, 05:31 AM
The team is young currently!

There are 2 seniors on this roster, 4 Juniors and play everyone 2 deep into freshman class. Starting lineup changes often but tonight was something like 1 sr, 2 jr, 2 so, 1 fr.

Love how they can step it up consistently when they have to.

Great match tonight!

cbline
10-17-2009, 02:33 PM

To fill you in on my earlier post: we had a great time being a part of that big crowd! Got there early enough to get good seats at center court. Can't imagine what the place will be like when the Summit tournament arrives!!

roadwarrior
10-17-2009, 03:34 PM
Attendance was 1,746 !!!!

bisongirl
10-17-2009, 05:55 PM
Attendance was 1,746 !!!!

Thanks everyone for coming out to support the Volleyball team and their Dig for the Cure game! With attendance way over 1250 Coach Hinterstocker will be writing out a check for $250 to the Susan G. Komen Foundation!

NoDakSt
10-17-2009, 06:37 PM
Good turnout Bison!!

Good match, team!!

TheBisonator
10-18-2009, 03:15 AM
Bison win 30 straight conference matches sweeping IPFW 3-0!! Also, averaging 1,309 per game so far!!

Awesome job, ladies!!!:nod: :nod: :nod:

TheBisonator
10-18-2009, 03:16 AM
Thanks everyone for coming out to support the Volleyball team and their Dig for the Cure game! With attendance way over 1250 Coach Hinterstocker will be writing out a check for $250 to the Susan G. Komen Foundation!

I was at the match last night. I was squeezed in pretty tight with the crowd. Not an empty seat to be seen and swarms of people on the south end.

TbonZach
10-18-2009, 08:08 PM
Sort of :offtopic:

I surprised myself earlier today. I was watching the Penn State-Michigan (#1 and #11, respectively) volleyball match and was getting excited. It went to 5 sets and Penn ended up winning the final set. Their win streak continued to 83.

And all the while the Vikings game was going on.... :blush: