PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to the tailgaters!

DjKyRo
10-11-2009, 01:01 AM
As the band was doing our rounds through the tailgaters, we got a ton of support and that means BIson fans are ready for some football! Way to come out and beat the cold today guys, it's always easy to get stoked for a big game when the crowd is into it.

Keep up the Herd mentality guys!

80ALUM
10-11-2009, 04:43 AM
Band sounded good on TV today. I appreciate all the band adds to the game day atmosphere but imo the "In heaven there is no beer" song needs to go.

BigBison
10-11-2009, 04:46 AM
Band sounded good on TV today. I appreciate all the band adds to the game day atmosphere but imo the "In heaven there is no beer" song needs to go.

Why does it need to go?

80ALUM
10-11-2009, 04:49 AM
Just seems like it is small school stuff. But it is just my opinion. I do know some like it. To each their own.

HandoEX
10-11-2009, 05:00 AM
but imo the "In heaven there is no beer" song needs to go.

Forget that!

BigDeal
10-11-2009, 06:43 AM
Just seems like it is small school stuff. But it is just my opinion. I do know some like it. To each their own.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDV-3yxNTSY

WYOBISONMAN
10-11-2009, 06:45 AM

I have been at many Clemson games and heard it......

tjbison
10-11-2009, 06:54 AM
Talked with some TRUE UNI fans tonight and they were total class! Had a blast even though we lost but its a great rivalry that has been building since the NCC days! Good stuff this is better than the Bunnies For sure!!!!

GO BISON!!!

bisonfacultyguy
10-11-2009, 07:03 AM
Beating SDSU will salvage the season.

BlueBisonRock
10-11-2009, 07:22 AM
Talked with some TRUE UNI fans tonight and they were total class! Had a blast even though we lost but its a great rivalry that has been building since the NCC days! Good stuff this is better than the Bunnies For sure!!!!

GO BISON!!!

Absolutely! And it was worthwhile to lookup the Captain. Decent guy who understands the game and knows what is important.

WYOBISONMAN
10-11-2009, 12:29 PM
Absolutely! And it was worthwhile to lookup the Captain. Decent guy who understands the game and knows what is important.

Yes, the Captain was there with the Lieutenant and both had a great time. Cappy bought Lt. Cat a Bison Football as for a souvenier of the trip to Fargo and the game.

It was also a lot of fun seeing old friends, sharing Das Boot, and seeing that the Bison spirit is alive and well. 1-5 record be damned.......the Herd knows how to tailgate and that alone makes each and every game a true event! Congrats tailgaters.....and thanks for a great atmosphere to come home to.

EndZoneQB
10-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Yes, the Captain was there with the Lieutenant and both had a great time. Cappy bought Lt. Cat a Bison Football as for a souvenier of the trip to Fargo and the game.

It was also a lot of fun seeing old friends, sharing Das Boot, and seeing that the Bison spirit is alive and well. 1-5 record be damned.......the Herd knows how to tailgate and that alone makes each and every game a true event! Congrats tailgaters.....and thanks for a great atmosphere to come home to.

DAS BOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!! Had a blast yesterday. Probably one of my best times tailgating out there.

clenz
10-11-2009, 06:19 PM
The majority of UNI fans are great people, just like NDSU fans...I'm assuming.

I'm upset I didn't get to go yesterday. Cap'n offered me a ride and all of that, but I just couldn't get it to work.

As for the In Heaven There Is No Beer...not small school

Iowa plays it for every victory....and pep rally....and well all the time. It is like their second school song.

Then again look at how many alcohol problems they have in Iowa City and it seems clear they take that song too seriously

Tatanka
10-11-2009, 11:18 PM
Good to see the crowd at TOHBTC. DAS BOOT looked to be overflowing and shared by many. Got to meet SAV :nod: and to briefly catch up with the crew. Hope to see many of you in teh Dakota, South.

And I promise, next week, I will be there on time and stuff.

johnson
10-11-2009, 11:29 PM
I was very impressed with the number of tailgaters yesterday. Almost shocked even. I brought a friend who is a fan of the school from up north and I don't think he knew how big it gets until yesterday. I even caught him clapping during the game on a couple of big NDSU plays. I wish there would have been a few more inside the dome but they will be back soon. Now lets win out the rest of the season! Go Bison!

bisonbills
10-11-2009, 11:39 PM
Had a great time gating in the fish house yesterday. Good times!!

Tatanka
10-12-2009, 12:02 AM
I was very impressed with the number of tailgaters yesterday. Almost shocked even. I brought a friend who is a fan of the school from up north and I don't think he knew how big it gets until yesterday. I even caught him clapping during the game on a couple of big NDSU plays. I wish there would have been a few more inside the dome but they will be back soon. Now lets win out the rest of the season! Go Bison!

This. ^

TransAmBison
10-12-2009, 01:47 AM
Das Boot definitely was boot to good use. A former qb who will be not be named was put to shame with Das Boot by a former lineman that will also be left anonymous.

Had a blast tailgating, got to meet more Bisonvillers. Heckler and his wife tailgated with us and then sat with us for the game. Heckler is a lucky man, his wife is awesome!! Hope they decide to come back for many more!

The food was good and the company was better. I am still processing the game. I have to say the game gave me hope. There were glimpses of Bison Pride.

Once again I had too good of a time to take pictures. I am hoping others took pictures and will start posting them. It was awesome when Bisonguy used to have pics for us to view. Hint, hint.

4mcruenomore
10-12-2009, 01:49 AM
Das Boot definitely was boot to good use. A former qb who will be not be named was put to shame with Das Boot by a former lineman that will also be left anonymous.

Had a blast tailgating, got to meet more Bisonvillers. Heckler and his wife tailgated with us and then sat with us for the game. Heckler is a lucky man, his wife is awesome!! Hope they decide to come back for many more!

The food was good and the company was better. I am still processing the game. I have to say the game gave me hope. There were glimpses of Bison Pride.

Once again I had too good of a time to take pictures. I am hoping others took pictures and will start posting them. It was awesome when Bisonguy used to have pics for us to view. Hint, hint.

Next home game, it's on my friend!!

heckler
10-12-2009, 02:07 AM

Was a great time! Can't thank TransAm enough for the awesome food and beer. Great group of people. The wife was excited to meet everyone and next home game she wants to try das boot ;)

Bisonguy
10-12-2009, 02:08 AM

Yeah, it used to be awesome when Bisonguy had time and wasn't photographing a half-marathon freezing his nads off before the game.

Tatanka
10-12-2009, 02:24 AM
Yeah, it used to be awesome when Bisonguy had time and wasn't photographing a half-marathon freezing his nads off before the game.

:hide: OK, then. Cue the tangential derailment into the world of PL's sausage, Bisonguy's action khaki man-berries, and other less obvious overt references to the collective manhood of teh Bisonville.

80ALUM
10-13-2009, 03:52 AM
I have been at many Clemson games and heard it......

OK I stand corrected.

Capn_Cat
10-13-2009, 02:44 PM

Hey, all he Herd gang were fine folk. Would love to tailgate there every weekend!

:)

Edit: And, yes, even Cap'n Cat got to suckle on Das Boot!!!!

Bison Alumni
10-13-2009, 04:16 PM
The NDSU Alumni Association will be in Brookings this Saturday!

Join us under the tent before kick-off! Get your Bison tattoos and beads. Come see the Gold Star Marching Band and the NDSU Cheer Team!

Visit our website for more information http://www.ndsualumni.com/NetCommuni...=439&srcid=193.

TransAmBison
10-13-2009, 04:30 PM
The NDSU Alumni Association will be in Brookings this Saturday!

Join us under the tent before kick-off! Get your Bison tattoos and beads. Come see the Gold Star Marching Band and the NDSU Cheer Team!

Visit our website for more information http://www.ndsualumni.com/NetCommuni...=439&srcid=193.
Bison tattoos and beads? Rev Bob endorses this event.

Bisonfan1
10-13-2009, 05:56 PM

Ok Mr. Kahki pants with the press pass, bathroom pass or whatever is hanking from your neck to make you look important, I DEMAND a return to old times before you became too important for us, and that is to bring some of those FAMOUS Bisonguy ribs to throw on the grill, we dont care if you are there to cook them or eat them, it's the thought that you still care about us by bringing some of those FAMOUS Bisonguy ribs to the #1 tailgate area, well probably have dropped a few spots in the tailgate rankings since you are not there anymore. Have I shamed you enough ? Wheres our ribs !!!! ;) :hungry:

TransAmBison
10-13-2009, 06:32 PM
Ok Mr. Kahki pants with the press pass, bathroom pass or whatever is hanking from your neck to make you look important, I DEMAND a return to old times before you became too important for us, and that is to bring some of those FAMOUS Bisonguy ribs to throw on the grill, we dont care if you are there to cook them or eat them, it's the thought that you still care about us by bringing some of those FAMOUS Bisonguy ribs to the #1 tailgate area, well probably have dropped a few spots in the tailgate rankings since you are not there anymore. Have I shamed you enough ? Wheres our ribs !!!! ;) :hungry:
^This......

BisonEngrGirl
10-13-2009, 06:35 PM
Why does it need to go?

No way! I am a student, and I can tell you that we all look forward to that song towards the end of the game. It is fun, energizing, and uniting. Keep up the beer song, band!

sambini
10-14-2009, 04:21 AM
Love the Beer song++++

BisBison
10-14-2009, 12:36 PM
Love the Beer song++++

I only love it when it's part of a late game celebration of the expected win. :mad: But what the hell at the end of the last two games the band was all that was left of the student section anyway. Let 'em have their fun.