PDA

View Full Version : what's it going...

KTF
10-10-2009, 11:44 PM
to take to put together a Bison team that can compete (beat consistently) with the UNI - SIU -SDSU's of the world?

CaBisonFan
10-10-2009, 11:46 PM
to take to put together a Bison team that can compete (beat consistently) with the UNI - SIU -SDSU's of the world?

Bison Football

TheBisonator
10-10-2009, 11:48 PM
Bison Football

I'd love to read one of those long-winded rants by you tonight, Ca. I just can't wrap my mind around this, and I need a better perspective.:(

semobison
10-10-2009, 11:55 PM
We just put 500 yards of O against the number 4 team in the country and lose by 15. We are 1-5. All year long we leave points on the table. Finishing drives is a big problem! Penalties are a big problem!....Well, were probably the best 1-5 team in the country

KTF
10-10-2009, 11:57 PM
It was interesting to hear the announcers on FSN state that UNI has several Big Ten transfer players on the team. They include the starting WR and MLB. They then showed the starting O-line all sr's. QB is a senior. I have to wonder what next year for UNI is going to be like...

If we can hang with them in a down year, I would like to see what a good year Bison team would do to them...

Imagine this game taking place with the 2006 or 2007 team...

heckler
10-11-2009, 12:02 AM
We just put 500 yards of O against the number 4 team in the country and lose by 15. We are 1-5. All year long we leave points on the table. Finishing drives is a big problem! Penalties are a big problem!....Well, were probably the best 1-5 team in the country

like that means crap... seriously... who cares if we are the best 1-5 team in the country we are still 1-5

tony
10-11-2009, 12:29 AM
Retain coaches and players. Build depth. Give Breske some time to rebuild the defense.

I wasn't one of the guys who panicked that we were going to lose Bohl every single year when coaching openings came around but, on the flip side, I'm not too quick to dump coaches. Bohl has shown he can get it done. I think he has the coordinators and facilities in place to be successful so I think he'll turn it around but it has to start this year, not next year.

People panic too easily in bad times and get too jacked up in good times and this can make their decision-making horrible (look what happened to Athens in the Peloponnnesian Wars*.) The team needs to keep believing even when everybody else doubts them.

* Yeah, I went there. :)

Bison"FANatic"
10-11-2009, 12:34 AM
Retain coaches and players. Build depth. Give Breske some time to rebuild the defense.

I wasn't one of the guys who panicked that we were going to lose Bohl every single year when coaching openings came around but, on the flip side, I'm not too quick to dump coaches. Bohl has shown he can get it done. I think he has the coordinators and facilities in place to be successful so I think he'll turn it around but it has to start this year, not next year.

People panic too easily in bad times and get too jacked up in good times and this can make their decision-making horrible (look what happened to Athens in the Peloponnnesian Wars*.) The team needs to keep believing even when everybody else doubts them.

* Yeah, I went there. :)

I agree with you Tony

semobison
10-11-2009, 12:44 AM
Lighten up Heckler! I expect us to compete for playoffs and championships every year, and have since the early 80s. This year is a hugh dissapointment. As good as I think we are its hard for me to except that we are 1-5. It was a light hearted attempt at humor...

AmberValley
10-11-2009, 12:51 AM
Maybe we need another 5 year probation period. :hide:

heckler
10-11-2009, 12:54 AM
Lighten up Heckler! I expect us to compete for playoffs and championships every year, and have since the early 80s. This year is a hugh dissapointment. As good as I think we are its hard for me to except that we are 1-5. It was a light hearted attempt at humor...

you forgot the winky face! ;) jk...

KilldeerBison
10-11-2009, 12:56 AM
Mainly, we were out played at QB and Kicker. UNI had more big plays but we were able to push them around quite a bit.

heckler
10-11-2009, 12:58 AM
Now I know how sdsu feels like most years when they lose most games but beat the Bison and make a dvd of it.

bisonmike2
10-11-2009, 01:55 AM
Now I know how sdsu feels like most years when they lose most games but beat the Bison and make a dvd of it.

I'm not even going to begin to trade smack talk with them. This season will be used by all of our opponent for decades. "At least we've didn't go 1-10 in 2009!"

TransAmBison
10-11-2009, 01:56 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:!!!!!!!!!!!!

bisonfan11
10-11-2009, 03:14 AM

A stronger more disciplined head coach, and great recruits.

rockybison
10-11-2009, 03:21 AM
Bison football is unwatchable. You guys talk about playoffs, its painful

thundarsdaddy
10-11-2009, 03:22 AM
I feel, to compete in this conference, we need players. But wait...We have players. OK..so we need coaches! Wait...we have the coaches. Then what do we need??
Teamwork!
Amen!
I have had the pleasure of sitting amongst the players parents for the last few years, as my son was the former Thundar. We retained our season tickets this season, and I can tell you directly...in 2008 and now again in 2009...this football team does NOT have the same teamwork concept as they had in 07 or 06!
Being that my son was not a player, it was funny, that so many parents would confide in me, that there were too many issues/fights/arguements among the Bison players. This shows up on the field of play.
Last year for example, I was told about an arguement, which turned into a fight between 2 players!
Well...this isnt new to sports, especially football, but it occured on the plane ride home after losing an away game!
Funny how things went str8 to heck after that particular loss last season!!
Then you add all the off-field/out-of-season activites that ended up with suspensions and players getting the boots...and look what happens!!!
NO teamwork!!
And Bison football, along with all Bison sports has ALWAYS prided itself on teamwork!!
One comment on the head Coach now also....
Today I had to watch the game Via FSN at my home, since I'm getting radiation treatments for cancer.
I saw something Via the television, that I would have never seen from the stands.
After missing a 47 yard field goal attempt, Coach Bohl stormed the sidelines and was seen telling another player (obviously the back-up kicker) to warm up!!
Bohl was PO'ed royally!!!
Which would normally be fine...but it seemed he took out his frustrations on the kicker, when the whole team has been totally inconsistant, both in todays game and the entire season!
I found that odd, but then the coach is only human!
But I"m glad the kickers parents were at the game, and didnt have to witness this display!!
Bottom line is this..in my humble opinion...lack of teamwork is a Coaching problem. Bohl is totally capable of solving this problem, but if he doesnt show some progress in this area in the remaining games...I wouldnt blame anyone for wanting him gone!

rockybison
10-11-2009, 03:26 AM
Sand bagging for the kicker. Way to go. Bohl should be yelling at everyone

bisonfan11
10-11-2009, 03:29 AM
I feel, to compete in this conference, we need players. But wait...We have players. OK..so we need coaches! Wait...we have the coaches. Then what do we need??
Teamwork!
Amen!
I have had the pleasure of sitting amongst the players parents for the last few years, as my son was the former Thundar. We retained our season tickets this season, and I can tell you directly...in 2008 and now again in 2009...this football team does NOT have the same teamwork concept as they had in 07 or 06!
Being that my son was not a player, it was funny, that so many parents would confide in me, that there were too many issues/fights/arguements among the Bison players. This shows up on the field of play.
Last year for example, I was told about an arguement, which turned into a fight between 2 players!
Well...this isnt new to sports, especially football, but it occured on the plane ride home after losing an away game!
Funny how things went str8 to heck after that particular loss last season!!
Then you add all the off-field/out-of-season activites that ended up with suspensions and players getting the boots...and look what happens!!!
NO teamwork!!
And Bison football, along with all Bison sports has ALWAYS prided itself on teamwork!!
One comment on the head Coach now also....
Today I had to watch the game Via FSN at my home, since I'm getting radiation treatments for cancer.
I saw something Via the television, that I would have never seen from the stands.
After missing a 47 yard field goal attempt, Coach Bohl stormed the sidelines and was seen telling another player (obviously the back-up kicker) to warm up!!
Bohl was PO'ed royally!!!
Which would normally be fine...but it seemed he took out his frustrations on the kicker, when the whole team has been totally inconsistant, both in todays game and the entire season!
I found that odd, but then the coach is only human!
But I"m glad the kickers parents were at the game, and didnt have to witness this display!!
Bottom line is this..in my humble opinion...lack of teamwork is a Coaching problem. Bohl is totally capable of solving this problem, but if he doesnt show some progress in this area in the remaining games...I wouldnt blame anyone for wanting him gone!
That is why we need a new head coach. I get the feeling that coach Bohl is not going to do the "dirty work" to make sure this team has the elemet of team work. Now a stronger tougher head coach would expect this of his team and demand that the players play for a common goal or those players would be benched for failing to work as a team. I feel that Bohl has lost the team and is not serious enough to force the team to work for the common goal (winning a championship).

56BISON73
10-11-2009, 03:30 AM
Sand bagging for the kicker. Way to go. Bohl should be yelling at everyone

Trolling pretty hard tonight arent you???? LOL LOL