PDA

View Full Version : No Game Unwinnable

CaBisonFan
10-08-2009, 04:13 AM
Dammit...there isn't a game on the remainder of our schedule that is unwinnable...including this Saturday or against SDSU! There wasn't a game earlier that was unwinnable.

No excuses. We just haven't done the job. I am sick and tired of the losing attitude...no matter where it's coming from.

WYOBISONMAN
10-08-2009, 04:16 AM
Oh.....I have to agree with CA on this........you never know on any given Saturday.......that is why we play the game!:nod:

CaBisonFan
10-08-2009, 04:18 AM
Oh.....I have to agree with CA on this........you never know on any given Saturday.......that is why we play the game!:nod:

With a little more 'you never know' we could be in the playoff hunt. Agreed

ndsubison1
10-08-2009, 04:24 AM
who knows, stanford beat usc a few years ago... appalachian st. beat michigan... grand valley st. beat michigan st. in bball two years ago... never say never

BigBison
10-08-2009, 04:28 AM
BRAVO!!!! I was thinking this since the begining of the season! I'm getting PUMPED about this UNI game; BEST COMPETION in the FFD EVER!!! Isn't our moto "Bring on the Competition"? Were not going to quit or give up just because we can't make it to the playoffs. Every game is winable still IMO. Did Iowa quit last year when they beat Penn State even though they werent going to make it to the Rose Bowl? :fight: :fight: :fight: What happened last week was last week!!! Were a not Minnesota-like team, if you know what I mean.

CaBisonFan
10-08-2009, 04:34 AM
who knows, stanford beat usc a few years ago... appalachian st. beat michigan... grand valley st. beat michigan st. in bball two years ago... never say never

Absolutely...and Stanford had a much higher hill to climb than we do. Didn't the Bison basketball team pull off a few big ones?! geez

It has been said that UNI is the best team to ever visit Fargo and it might be true...but we've had better teams than UNI. Take that one to the bank. I watched the game at UNI last year. There wasn't anything really special about them. They were good. We played a very average, hapless game, and we were in the game for quite a while.

PS - I take it back about UNI being the best team to ever visit Fargo. From what I saw, they were like some of the good playoff teams that came here that we beat the piss out of.

4mcruenomore
10-08-2009, 04:38 AM
[QUOTE=CaBisonFan;313219]Dammit...there isn't a game on the remainder of our schedule that is unwinable...including this Saturday or against SDSU! There wasn't a game earlier that was unwinable.

Simdorn suiting up for this weekend? First time I've heard this, cool!

MNLonghorn10
10-08-2009, 04:41 AM
http://www.thedickinsonpress.com/media/full/jpg/2009/09/22/nick-mertens.jpg

CaBisonFan
10-08-2009, 04:41 AM
[quote=CaBisonFan;313219]Dammit...there isn't a game on the remainder of our schedule that is unwinable...including this Saturday or against SDSU! There wasn't a game earlier that was unwinable.

Simdorn suiting up for this weekend? First time I've heard this, cool!

Simdorn's attitude...exactly. Take their heads off. Hit somebody, run over them...run through and around them. Do whatever it takes. I am sick of this whole damn thing.

I refuse to give up on Bison Football...EVER.

No...I am not drinking...but maybe I should be....:D

CaBisonFan
10-08-2009, 04:48 AM

I'm sick of this too. Not Nick. This is an excuse. It has nothing to do with Bison football. I'm also sick of gun-shy coaches that are afraid of hurting someone's feelings. This is college football...the last time I checked. If it ain't workin...change something. Anything. Stop laying the burden of this great program on the shoulders of a 20-something. It's a damn team. But if he ain't leadin the team...then do something !! Whatever.

Bison Football

Bison Football

Bison Football

WYOBISONMAN
10-08-2009, 04:54 AM
Geez CA......take it easy buddy.......you got bigger caps than Lakes......;)

CaBisonFan
10-08-2009, 04:55 AM
I don't care about SDSU right now. They're off my radar. They are another game on the schedule. Dakota Marker...OK...cool. That's all. We've only owned them for about 5 decades. It's a mistake to think of them as this huge challenge...or a big rival. They're not. They would like us to. UNI thinks they're the big boys on the block. No...they're a good FCS team. That's it. No more.

CaBisonFan
10-08-2009, 04:56 AM
Geez CA......take it easy buddy.......you got bigger caps than Lakes......;)

I could import some jersey size ones...(kidding). OK...I get it. I won't stress out the server anymore.

WYOBISONMAN
10-08-2009, 04:58 AM
I could import some jersey size ones...(kidding). OK...I get it. I won't stress out the server anymore.

Geez.......I am getting wound up and the tailgate is still 3 days away......LOL!

MNLonghorn10
10-08-2009, 05:03 AM
I'm sick of this too. Not Nick. This is an excuse. It has nothing to do with Bison football. I'm also sick of gun-shy coaches that are afraid of hurting someone's feelings. This is college football...the last time I checked. If it ain't workin...change something. Anything. Stop laying the burden of this great program on the shoulders of a 20-something. It's a damn team. But if he ain't leadin the team...then do something !! Whatever.

Bison Football

Bison Football

Bison Football

actually that was my excuse why this games unwinable

CaBisonFan
10-08-2009, 05:04 AM
Geez.......I am getting wound up and the tailgate is still 3 days away......LOL!

So WYO...are you gonna call me from the game?! Who'd call me from the game?! I need to get a feel for this thing down here in this hell-hole. PM me and I'll give you my cell number. Can't afford to fly up this year.

Dammit guys...get the tailgate attitude going. Don't worry about who's NOT coming to the game.

Here's a little physics lesson that I learned from band directing. Two trumpets playing the same volume is not double the sound. The physics of sound says that it takes 10 trumpets playing at the same volume to double the decibals. Same applies to voices.

OK...time for a beer...er two...er 5.

CaBisonFan
10-08-2009, 05:07 AM
actually that was my excuse why this games unwinable

I understood that. And you know, you have a point. But read further, and you'll see my attitude about what Bison coaches should think like. What are they trying to maintain? Is there something sacred about how things are going? Change something.

56BISON73
10-08-2009, 05:08 AM
So WYO...are you gonna call me from the game?! Who'd call me from the game?! I need to get a feel for this thing down here in this hell-hole. PM me and I'll give you my cell number. Can't afford to fly up this year.

Dammit guys...get the tailgate attitude going. Don't worry about who's NOT coming to the game.

Here's a little physics lesson that I learned from band directing. Two trumpets playing the same volume is not double the sound. The physics of sound says that it takes 10 trumpets playing at the same volume to double the decibals. Same applies to voices.

Are you sure you havent had enough already?????;)

CaBisonFan
10-08-2009, 05:16 AM
Are you sure you havent had enough already?????;)

Absolutely 73. When I watched the Twins play 'timid' tonight...I thought to myself...that's how the Bison have been playing. Deer in headlights. We need to re-direct the headlights. Put some fear in the 'visiting' team. It's a concept.

I'll start drinking soon. :D

ndsubison1
10-08-2009, 05:41 AM

or 10 more...

CaBisonFan
10-08-2009, 05:54 AM
or 10 more...

Won't do any good. The noise of defeatism is deafening.

spelunker64
10-08-2009, 01:22 PM
BISON WIN! my oh my

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ6KCAUdbcs&feature=related

westnodak93bison
10-08-2009, 01:55 PM
20pt underdogs at home. I never thought I'd see the day.
The Bison would have to play a flawless game and UNI cough up a couple turnovers imho.

Capn_Cat
10-08-2009, 02:04 PM
CABisonFan: weirdo.

bisonmike2
10-08-2009, 02:12 PM
There are about 3 reasons why NDSU won't win this game.

1.) Our defense
2.) Our offense
3.) Our special teams

spelunker64
10-08-2009, 02:13 PM

1.) Our defense
2.) Our offense
3.) Our special teams

Good thing we have coaching...

CaBisonFan
10-08-2009, 02:30 PM
CABisonFan: weirdo.

You're making an assumption that I care what you think...;)

HerdBot
10-08-2009, 02:41 PM
Dammit...there isn't a game on the remainder of our schedule that is unwinnable...including this Saturday or against SDSU! There wasn't a game earlier that was unwinnable.

No excuses. We just haven't done the job. I am sick and tired of the losing attitude...no matter where it's coming from.

I agree. Every game is winnible. We'll need to play our best game in 2 years. UNI will need to play their worst game in 2 years. We need to have all the bouces go our way and play with passion. But I'm still confident we lose by 35 points. :)

BIGTIME
10-08-2009, 02:50 PM
I agree. Every game is winnible. We'll need to play our best game in 2 years. UNI will need to play their worst game in 2 years. We need to have all the bouces go our way and play with passion. But I'm still confident we lose by 35 points. :)

It happened two years ago in Minnesota! We played our best game in 40 years and the Gophers played their worst! Can lightning strike twice in three years?

HerdBot
10-08-2009, 03:08 PM
It happened two years ago in Minnesota! We played our best game in 40 years and the Gophers played their worst! Can lightning strike twice in three years?

We were better than the Gophers 2 years in a row and we physically dominated them. We had a great QB, skilled players, and defense. We were a better team and would have won 7 out of 10 times.

This years team is not very good. This years UNI team would have beaten the 2007 Gophers by 3 TD's.

This year, the Gophers would beat us by 3 TD's even if we played our best game.

onbison09
10-08-2009, 03:11 PM
BRAVO!!!! I was thinking this since the begining of the season! I'm getting PUMPED about this UNI game; BEST COMPETION in the FFD EVER!!! Isn't our moto "Bring on the Competition"? Were not going to quit or give up just because we can't make it to the playoffs. Every game is winable still IMO. Did Iowa quit last year when they beat Penn State even though they werent going to make it to the Rose Bowl? :fight: :fight: :fight: What happened last week was last week!!! Were a not Minnesota-like team, if you know what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q47bpOCTcaY&feature=related

GradBison
10-08-2009, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post

1.) Our defense
2.) Our offense
3.) Our special teams

OK, there are 4 reasons why we.....

BigBison
10-08-2009, 03:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q47bpOCTcaY&feature=related

DAMN STRIGHT!!!

runtheoption
10-08-2009, 04:37 PM

1.) Our defense
2.) Our offense
3.) Our special teams

Make that 4 reasons.

MNLonghorn10
10-08-2009, 05:37 PM
uni fans will probably be louder at the end of the 1st qtr

5 reasons

CaBisonFan
10-08-2009, 05:44 PM

5 reasons

And whose fault would that be? Coach Bohl's...or Nick Merten's ??...;)

MNLonghorn10
10-08-2009, 05:48 PM
well neither play defense, and neither will be able to keep up so yea haha

CaBisonFan
10-08-2009, 05:59 PM
We need to have all the bouces go our way and play with passion. But I'm still confident we lose by 35 points. :)

That would be the key word. We have a ton of talent...it just has to be used.

The_Herd
10-08-2009, 06:00 PM
hey will 7-4 with a 6 game win streak and wins over UNI and SDSU make the playoffs.......jk

BigDeal
10-08-2009, 10:10 PM
hey will 7-4 with a 6 game win streak and wins over UNI and SDSU make the playoffs.......jk

Screw that, we should petition the NCAA to let us into a Bowl Game!

NDSU1980
10-09-2009, 12:38 AM

Did you hear the joke about the blonde who thought.....................................?

unbison
10-09-2009, 01:13 AM
bad joke..... since he is nominated for an academic award

Fighting Sevo's
10-09-2009, 01:38 AM
Wonder if there will be more Bison fans or Panther fans in the dome at the start of the 4th quarter. Unfortunately I think we know the answer..... Our "fans" are quiting on our team, bitching while they leave about the team quiting out on the field.

MPLSbisonFAN
10-09-2009, 02:06 AM

Did you hear the joke about the blonde who thought.....................................?

...............................................he was Tim Tebow. HA

This team needs to keep the every game is winnable mindset. If the previously mentioned changed I think it would help this teams mindset change for the best.

No_Skill
10-09-2009, 02:20 AM

5 reasons

Yeah, and I'm in section 21, so I'll have a front row seat to that debauchery.

No_Skill
10-09-2009, 02:22 AM
Wonder if there will be more Bison fans or Panther fans in the dome at the start of the 4th quarter. Unfortunately I think we know the answer..... Our "fans" are quiting on our team, bitching while they leave about the team quiting out on the field.

Interesting observation. Almost a chicken and the egg sort of thing.

BlueBisonRock
10-09-2009, 06:22 AM

1.) Our defense
2.) Our offense
3.) Our special teams

Screw it Mike. I am going to keep on drinking the koolaid and wearing the glasses. I would rather have a reputation as a dumb ass who stayed with the team than as one who would claim to be a realist and throw the team under the bus.

BTW, you forgot the waterboy again. ;)

BlueBisonRock
10-09-2009, 06:45 AM

I don't leave until the end. It pisses me off that those that do are rewarded and I didnt get a da#n tree. ;)