3) Defensive line
4) Linebackers
5) Defensive backs
6) Integrity
7) Whiskey

Please send the first 6 to the Fargodome, and the 7th to me. kthx

Kevin
10-03-2009, 09:41 PM
As long as we're here may as well address a few post meltdown thoughts.

Why in the freaking hell is it always one wide receiver? That tall bastard at SHSU had like 300000 yards, there was a go to buy at Iowa too, and now today this guy catches 10 bubble screens for more yards than any receiver should have against a half way competant defense. Double team, triple team, whatever you have to freaking do.

Fuck third down. Seriously at one point they were 9 out of 11 and the two they failed were because 1) a receiver ran the wrong route and 2) the guy dropped the ball. That's literally 11/11 in a perfect world, which is horrifying.

Mertens, come on let's be honest the guy threw three into the hands of defenders all of which dropped it. The 95 yard pass was freaking beautiful, the run was brilliant but 50% completions isn't going to cut it in a west coast offense. Either tailor the entire offense to his strengths or sit him down.

Defense wins championships. Ours is so bad it can't even win us *games*. I'd say it's time for a big shake up but what can you do? It's already so desperate we are moving a potential stud rb/wr to freaking linebacker.

There's still hope though. UNI could all get swine flu or something.

Kevin
10-03-2009, 09:54 PM
Woman: 911, what is your emergency?
Man: Uh... yes, I uh... need to report a crime in progress.
Woman: Okay sir what is your location?
Man: The uh, Fargodo...OH MY GOD SOMEONE HELP HIM! HELP!
Woman: Calm down Sir, units are on the way, what is happening?
Man: (crying) Oh God it's horrible, they are on fire.
Woman: There is a fire?
Man: Yes... the entire backfield is burning, oh God please help.
Woman: Sit tight, Sir. Units are currently all responding to another call concerning a lynch mob on campus.
Man: Please hurry. They just scored again.
Woman: God help us all....

*Bisonrube
10-03-2009, 09:59 PM
1) Coaches
2) Quarterback
3) Defensive line
4) Linebackers
5) Defensive backs
6) Integrity
7) Whiskey

Please send the first 6 to the Fargodome, and the 7th to me. kthx

I have never been a "Jump off the cliff" guy. But holy SH** GUYS. The coaching is terrible.

*How long does it take to move your kick returners to the 20 yd line?

*Learn when to use an Fn' timeout

*You can't stay in the same base defense the entire game..oh, you brought a DB in a few times.. Try a freakn' blitz package or disguise your defense.
The QB is never touched or rushed to throw...stay back in your zone idiots.

*Hey coaches...a one WR 4 yd pattern & 2 yd patterns by the FB isn't effective. The play calling sux.

*Hmmm, single covered WR with no safety help on 90% of the game...take some chances deep.

*As Phil said, I don't think some of these guys are playing as hard as they SHOULD.

*Bisonrube
10-03-2009, 10:19 PM
Forgot...

*special teams....holding on a FG
*NICE PUNTING....get rid of that freakn' formation (you can never fake a punt when you have three lineman as your upmen... but why would we ever fake a punt on 4th and 3 in their territory??)

Kevin
10-03-2009, 10:39 PM
I have never been a "Jump off the cliff" guy. But holy SH** GUYS. The coaching is terrible.

*How long does it take to move your kick returners to the 20 yd line?

*Learn when to use an Fn' timeout

*You can't stay in the same base defense the entire game..oh, you brought a DB in a few times.. Try a freakn' blitz package or disguise your defense.
The QB is never touched or rushed to throw...stay back in your zone idiots.

*Hey coaches...a one WR 4 yd pattern & 2 yd patterns by the FB isn't effective. The play calling sux.

*Hmmm, single covered WR with no safety help on 90% of the game...take some chances deep.

*As Phil said, I don't think some of these guys are playing as hard as they SHOULD.

Good points. I also can't help but wonder what happened to those second half adjustments that won games last year. The second halves have looked almost identical (ie. ugly) to the first.

WYOBISONMAN
10-03-2009, 10:42 PM
Good points. I also can't help but wonder what happened to those second half adjustments that won games last year. The second halves have looked almost identical (ie. ugly) to the first.

Willie Mack.....................

CaBisonFan
10-03-2009, 10:58 PM
Un...bee...leave...a...bullshit.

magiccitybisonguy
10-03-2009, 11:45 PM
great thread. great points. like others have stated, i'm not one to get too excited either about a win or loss, but today's game that i watched on TV was embarrassing. there's not one part of the game that made me think, "ok, that was good, we can get this turned around."

the good plays offensively seemed almost lucky. the defensive stops were usually bad throws by a QB that had plenty of time but just missed the throw.

coaching showed me nothing. nothing different in the 2nd half, they almost succeeded despite the coaching and players. how can that even be?

best part of the entire broadcast on TV today was listening to Saul Philips during halftime. he had more passion and fire than anyone else.

never been embarrassed to talk about the bison football with anyone. i am today.

*Bisonrube
10-04-2009, 03:40 AM
great thread. great points. like others have stated, i'm not one to get too excited either about a win or loss, but today's game that i watched on TV was embarrassing. there's not one part of the game that made me think, "ok, that was good, we can get this turned around."

the good plays offensively seemed almost lucky. the defensive stops were usually bad throws by a QB that had plenty of time but just missed the throw.

coaching showed me nothing. nothing different in the 2nd half, they almost succeeded despite the coaching and players. how can that even be?

best part of the entire broadcast on TV today was listening to Saul Philips during halftime. he had more passion and fire than anyone else.

never been embarrassed to talk about the bison football with anyone. i am today.

I felt the same embarrassment/astonishment on how poorly we were at every aspect of the game. I think every member of Bisonville feels your pain.

stevdock
10-04-2009, 03:58 AM
Today was the first time I have ever thought that I would have much rather been in the METRODOME over the FARGODOME. As die hard a baseball fan that I am, that is still very tough for me to swallow.

MontBison
10-04-2009, 04:14 AM
Mertens should have had at a minimum of 2 picks. How the hell did those LB's drop the ball? Second off our secondary is just god awful. I couldn't even count how many times 84 would run wide open. A few instances...First touchdown pass to him he ran open the whole way. On that third down with like 3:00 left in the 4th, he wasn't even matched up on, ran free behind Preston and bingo. The one that really got me, I believe it was early in the fourth when the ISU player dropped that TD in the end zone. Two receivers lined up and there were 3 DB's covering them, the receiver could have just run a fade and had a TD because none of the 3 even covered him, instead he decided to run out of bounds.
Lastly, how bout that 12 yard punt. It was great. Overall we are just downright awful.

NDSUFan_Sav
10-04-2009, 04:28 PM
Forgot...

*special teams....holding on a FG
*NICE PUNTING....get rid of that freakn' formation (you can never fake a punt when you have three lineman as your upmen... but why would we ever fake a punt on 4th and 3 in their territory??)

because it wasn't 4th and 18 and the time wasn't right!

*Bisonrube
10-04-2009, 04:57 PM
because it wasn't 4th and 18 and the time wasn't right!

I am speaking in GENERAL...you can NEVER fake a punt with three linemen in that punting formation. (Never may be too strong..the punter could run or pass, but you get my point) NO, 4th and 18 is not a time to fake a punt...agreed.