PDA

View Full Version : My guess....we finish with 2 or 3 wins.

WYOBISONMAN
10-03-2009, 09:02 PM
After watching another marginal performance by the Bison I would guess we finish with only 2 or 3 wins this season. Wow, I am just shocked at the poor play by this team.

MOTBison
10-03-2009, 09:03 PM
After watching another marginal performance by the Bison I would guess we finish with only 2 or 3 wins this season. Wow, I am just shocked at the poor play by this team.

Do you think 2 is even possible.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
10-03-2009, 09:05 PM

Its a shame. Its a downright embarassment to the school.

WYOBISONMAN
10-03-2009, 09:07 PM

I think this team is capable of loosing the rest of the way, but we do play two poor teams in Indiana State and Missouri State. Odds are we should win one of those. But, this team really is not very good so they are surely capable of a last place finish in the Valley.

Kevin
10-03-2009, 09:10 PM
At least we'll have a high draft pick.

MOTBison
10-03-2009, 09:12 PM
Next week's game will be tough to watch but, I will..............

bisoningrandforks
10-03-2009, 09:12 PM
Its Too Bad Because Our O-line And Running Backs Are Very Good.....but Everything Else Is Pretty Piss Poor!!!!..

WYOBISONMAN
10-03-2009, 09:14 PM
Flying in from Salt Lake for the UNI game next week.......hopefully the tailgating will be fun...:hide:

onbison09
10-03-2009, 09:18 PM
Its Too Bad Because Our O-line And Running Backs Are Very Good.....but Everything Else Is Pretty Piss Poor!!!!..

What a waste of a great year by P squared.

Scooter1
10-03-2009, 09:18 PM
Way to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory.

1. A holding penalty on a made field goal. (you never see that called)
2. 12 men penalty on second and goal (lost 5 yards and time out)
3. 15 yard ruffing the passer. (he was falling during the throw)
4. 15 yard blocking out of bounds 20 yards away from play. (did anyone see it?)

MN_BISON
10-03-2009, 09:24 PM
I think this team is capable of loosing the rest of the way, but we do play two poor teams in Indiana State and Missouri State. Odds are we should win one of those. But, this team really is not very good so they are surely capable of a last place finish in the Valley.

The way things stand right now, NDSU will not get a W against MSU, not this year. The sharks smell blood in the water and everyone will be looking to kick sand in the face of the Bison for the rest of the year. Christ, I need to stop posting, hate the negative but that's all I've got right now. I need a drink.

Kevin
10-03-2009, 09:25 PM
We haven't even hit rock bottom yet. Wait until the beating next week. People will be calling 911 from the Fargodome parkinglot saying they are witnessing a murder.

Twentysix
10-03-2009, 09:26 PM
.....That was a circus act by the refs..

Kevin
10-03-2009, 09:28 PM
You can't blame the refs for this one. You don't hit someone 50 yards from the play (how the hell did they end up down there anyway?). You don't send 12 men into the huddle. You don't hold during a key field goal.

JSUBison
10-03-2009, 09:30 PM
We haven't even hit rock bottom yet. Wait until the beating next week. People will be calling 911 from the Fargodome parkinglot saying they are witnessing a murder.

More like desecration of a corpse.
:mad:

TheBisonator
10-03-2009, 09:31 PM
Just what I was thinking during the game today: The worst isn't even here yet.

Bisonguy
10-03-2009, 09:32 PM
Way to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory.

1. A holding penalty on a made field goal. (you never see that called)
2. 12 men penalty on second and goal (lost 5 yards and time out)
3. 15 yard ruffing the passer. (he was falling during the throw)
4. 15 yard blocking out of bounds 20 yards away from play. (did anyone see it?)

Discipline. Seems to be a theme from the offseason.

onbison09
10-03-2009, 09:32 PM
More like desecration of a corpse.
:mad:

Fargo cops are going to have to bring rape kits. :hide:

Kevin
10-03-2009, 09:34 PM
There's a giant purple specter looming on the horizon. It smells really bad, and moves pretty fast. It's obvious we have to make some changes in this, the calm before the storm. CA is now interim head coach.

Give 'em hell buddy. We're behind you.

......way behind you.

Walrus
10-03-2009, 09:40 PM
There they go

WYOBISONMAN
10-03-2009, 09:58 PM
Well, like I said....the tailgate will be a lot of fun.....

stevdock
10-03-2009, 10:20 PM
You can't blame the refs for this one. You don't hit someone 50 yards from the play (how the hell did they end up down there anyway?). You don't send 12 men into the huddle. You don't hold during a key field goal.

The refs sure could have given the Bison the TO before the broke the huddle though. That was pathetic by the refs if you ask me. Bohl and Company were calling the TO as soon as Voit went into the huddle, so the whole time they were calling the play.

Bison"FANatic"
10-03-2009, 10:22 PM
There they go

Holy crap does that picture tell the whole dang picture. I would even say it is a "whale of a picture". Reps to you

NDSU1980
10-03-2009, 10:26 PM
Sometime last spring I made a post were I predicted a 3-8 season if we stuck with Mertens. I honestly think 3 wins will be hard to get. Thank God we still have that luckless team from Indiana left. I have hope of winning a squeaker against them.

roadwarrior
10-03-2009, 10:45 PM
Only 13 days until Midnight Madness!

TheBisonator
10-03-2009, 10:47 PM

31 days until exhibition game Number One!!

WYOBISONMAN
10-03-2009, 10:47 PM

Ha! Now I am laughing...Road.....you are the consumate optomist....when I see you posting about BB in the Football forum.....I know all hope is gone.;)

steelbison
10-03-2009, 11:57 PM
Sometime last spring I made a post were I predicted a 3-8 season if we stuck with Mertens. I honestly think 3 wins will be hard to get. Thank God we still have that luckless team from Indiana left. I have hope of winning a squeaker against them.

You maybe correct..but it isn't because of Nick...the Defense is the WORST I have seen in my 30 plus years of Bison football...we should easily be 3-2 right now..

HerdBot
10-04-2009, 12:02 AM

After this crap I say we beat Missouri State but only because it's at home and Indiana State. 3 wins is possible. But Missouri State likes to throw the ball ball so it will be a whale of a game.

Bison"FANatic"
10-04-2009, 12:05 AM
You maybe correct..but it isn't because of Nick...the Defense is the WORST I have seen in my 30 plus years of Bison football...we should easily be 3-2 right now..

Definetly not all because of or QB but is being the best of the worst really a good thing.

The pass in the Endzone to Veldamen???? Cmon the guy is 6'7 and you hit the opposing defender in the head while he is infront of our guy. Put it up there where your 6-7 guy can go get it.

The one long pass to Shamen to the SW corner when he was covered, the drag receiver was wide open 10 yards down field and had lots of room to run. You would think that with the fly being a longer play to develop you would take a quick glance at the underneath guy and then decide if you want to let it go deep.

It was a long night with lots of screw ups by a lot of people but just because others looked atrocious it's not good just because the QB looked terrible.

steelbison
10-04-2009, 12:09 AM
Definetly not all because of or QB but is being the best of the worst really a good thing.

The pass in the Endzone to Veldamen???? Cmon the guy is 6'7 and you hit the opposing defender in the head while he is infront of our guy. Put it up there where your 6-7 guy can go get it.

The one long pass to Shamen to the SW corner when he was covered, the drag receiver was wide open 10 yards down field and had lots of room to run. You would think that with the fly being a longer play to develop you would take a quick glance at the underneath guy and then decide if you want to let it go deep.

It was a long night with lots of screw ups by a lot of people but just because others looked atrocious it's not good just because the QB looked terrible.

Yes, Nick is nothing special..but to say he had a terrible game?? you pick out some plays he screwed up on..if we had an AVG defense..nothing special we would b e 3-2 or better...

Throwing deep with one on one coverage is not a bad throw..a WR with any burst runs under that ball and catches it..problem is Shamen has no burst left..again..just don't agree our Qb had a terrible game...

A1pigskin
10-04-2009, 12:11 AM
Indiana may give us a run for our money.

I will be surprised if we win more than 4 games.

Missouri will probably beat us.

UNI is going to take us to the cleaners.. 50 to 0.:banghead:

NWNDBison
10-04-2009, 12:22 AM
Indiana may give us a run for our money.

I will be surprised if we win more than 4 games.

Missouri will probably beat us.

UNI is going to take us to the cleaners.. 50 to 0.:banghead:

UNI will likely beat the Bison, maybe even 35-7, but let's try to keep things in perspective. The Bison did beat Wagner 59-28 and Wagner beat St Francis (PA) 56-48 in 3 OT. And UNI only beat St. Francis 30-0.

I think we have a shot at keeping the spread under 30.

NDSU1980
10-04-2009, 12:27 AM

You are looking at this wrong. One more touchdown and we win this one. Giving up 27 points is too many against a poor team, but I honestly feel Mertens should be gone, and then work up from there.

Even Phil was saying on the radio during the last quarter that it's up to Paschall to be the leader and take control of the game. It's supposed to be the QB that controls things. JMHO.

A1pigskin
10-04-2009, 12:30 AM
UNI will likely beat the Bison, maybe even 35-7, but let's try to keep things in perspective. The Bison did beat Wagner 59-28 and Wagner beat St Francis (PA) 56-48 in 3 OT. And UNI only beat St. Francis 30-0.

I think we have a shot at keeping the spread under 30.

30 is nothing to be proud of either....

A1pigskin
10-04-2009, 12:31 AM
You are looking at this wrong. One more touchdown and we win this one. Giving up 27 points is too many against a poor team, but I honestly feel Mertens should be gone, and then work up from there.

Even Phil was saying on the radio during the last quarter that it's up to Paschall to be the leader and take control of the game. It's supposed to be the QB that controls things. JMHO.

Phil was short of calling the 1st half a disaster. I think it was...

Bison"FANatic"
10-04-2009, 12:33 AM
Phil was short of calling the 1st half a disaster. I think it was...

The post game show was calling it a disaster though. They actually said we had a disatrous first half.

Bisonguy
10-04-2009, 12:35 AM

Same could be said for one block, one tackle, one not getting a stupid penalty wiping points off the scoreboard, one not getting a penalty removing a 1st and goal, one not letting a pass hit you in the hands and not catching it, one not having any pressure on the QB, etc...................

A1pigskin
10-04-2009, 12:37 AM
Same could be said for one block, one tackle, one not getting a stupid penalty wiping points off the scoreboard, one not getting a penalty removing a 1st and goal, one not letting a pass hit you in the hands and not catching it, one not having any pressure on the QB, etc...................

And then some..................................

roadwarrior
10-04-2009, 12:51 AM
One thing I don't think Bohl can say on his show tomorrow: "We made some improvement this week........".

bisonmike2
10-04-2009, 12:55 AM
One thing I don't think Bohl can say on his show tomorrow: "We made some improvement this week........".

Road, you've seen some shiate over the years. Which team is worse? This one or the 2002 season?

Bisonguy
10-04-2009, 01:25 AM

But he can say it was a "Whale of a game". :hide:

BisoninNWMN
10-04-2009, 01:29 AM

.....ya.....but it would be nice if some of those "whale of a game" games ended in WINS!!!

bisonmike2
10-04-2009, 01:32 AM

I cannot wait for tomorrows show. Can't miss TV.

"we did some good things, we did some things we have to improve on" or
"Now, Illinois State's a good football team. We knew we'd have our hands full" or "We're going to get back at it and get ready for UNI. It's going to be a whale of a game."

If he says any of the above I'll know he's f'ing crazy and really doesn't know what's going on. They should really air the Bohl show on Saturday nights so I could turn it into a drinking game. "We got to get better at that." drink. I'd probably die of alcohol poisoning.

Kermit
10-04-2009, 01:32 AM
Discipline. Seems to be a theme from the offseason.

Could not agree more.

NDSU1980
10-04-2009, 01:36 AM

It is a "Whale of a game" for us. We've been getting harpooned.

bisonmike2
10-04-2009, 01:38 AM
It is a "Whale of a game" for us. We've been getting harpooned.

I called it last week. It was going to be "a wail of a game". as in Bison fans leaving the Dome crying. Great! What do I win? Oh, a 2-9 season. Hopefully.

No_Skill
10-04-2009, 01:41 AM
.....ya.....but it would be nice if some of those "whale of a game" games ended in WINS!!!

They all end in wins...

...for the opponent.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
10-04-2009, 01:45 AM
I cannot wait for tomorrows show. Can't miss TV.

"we did some good things, we did some things we have to improve on" or
"Now, Illinois State's a good football team. We knew we'd have our hands full" or "We're going to get back at it and get ready for UNI. It's going to be a whale of a game."

If he says any of the above I'll know he's f'ing crazy and really doesn't know what's going on. They should really air the Bohl show on Saturday nights so I could turn it into a drinking game. "We got to get better at that." drink. I'd probably die of alcohol poisoning.

Really, in his defense, what is he going say. "We suck...... we have no talent, no discipline, no enthusiasm, no game plan, poor play calling, poor execution, bad recruiting, shitty TV coverage, and the refs screwed us!

Come to thing of it, that would be pretty refreshing. :D

bisonmike2
10-04-2009, 01:52 AM
Really, in his defense, what is he going say. "We suck...... we have no talent, no discipline, no enthusiasm, no game plan, poor play calling, poor execution, bad recruiting, shitty TV coverage, and the refs screwed us!

Come to thing of it, that would be pretty refreshing. :D

That would be epic. I wish he'd break down a play like this.

Bohl: "You see this here Phil? We had no clue they we're going to line up in this formation. Nothing. I mean, I've never even seen this before. Have you?"

Phil: "Actually it looks like your typical trips right formation Craig."

Bohl: "Is that what you call it? Wow? Anyway, we didn't cover this in practice."

Phil: "Really"

Bohl: "Yeah really. I'm surprised they didn't score on this play right here"

Phil: "Craig, they did score."

Bohl: "They did? I'm sorry. I must have missed that?"

No_Skill
10-04-2009, 01:55 AM
I think the boo to suck ratio was far too low tonight.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
10-04-2009, 01:56 AM
That would be epic. I wish he'd break down a play like this.

Bohl: "You see this here Phil? We had no clue they we're going to line up in this formation. Nothing. I mean, I've never even seen this before. Have you?"

Phil: "Actually it looks like your typical trips right formation Craig."

Bohl: "Is that what you call it? Wow? Anyway, we didn't cover this in practice."

Phil: "Really"

Bohl: "Yeah really. I'm surprised they didn't score on this play right here"

Phil: "Craig, they did score."

Bohl: "They did? I'm sorry. I must have missed that?"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Reps to you.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
10-04-2009, 01:58 AM
I think the boo to suck ratio was far too low tonight.

From the looks of the game on TV it doesn't appear that there where enough people to actually be heard BOOING. At least not in the second half.

TransAmBison
10-04-2009, 01:58 AM
Can we suit up our waterboy on defense?

Bisonguy
10-04-2009, 01:59 AM

Should be "Can we put the D coordinator's headset on the waterboy?"

BisoninNWMN
10-04-2009, 02:01 AM

I'll do it but I'm a slow white boy.....:D :D :D

bisonmike2
10-04-2009, 02:04 AM
We're getting to the point where attendance is severely going to drop off. We need some promotions to bring in people. Maybe like a, "you make the call." where a fan gets to make a defensive or offensive play call. We might find success with this.