PDA

View Full Version : a little bird heard a redshirt was pulled........

cvbison1
09-30-2009, 03:19 AM
Sam Ojuri, RB

Kevin
09-30-2009, 03:21 AM
Why?

(ten characters)

tjbison
If true WHY???? Paschall, Mcnorton, Voit, Sigers there is no need unless Mcnorton is going to WR, and Sigers is out with a worse issue than Turf Toe

stevdock
Why now????

cvbison1
Why?

(ten characters)

idk why, the bird couldn't say anything else.

unofficial....but my birds are good birds

Kevin
09-30-2009, 03:24 AM
Maybe he can throw into the flat as well as everyone else and Bohl is going to introduce the Wild Bison formation. Option left, dive, false start, 3 yard out, punt.

BigBison
09-30-2009, 03:26 AM
If true WHY???? Paschall, Mcnorton, Voit, Sigers there is no need unless Mcnorton is going to WR, and Sigers is out with a worse issue than Turf Toe

I heard on Bison Feedback tonight from Coach Bohl that Sigers turf toe is not looking good...(or atleast i think he was talking about Sigers)

JSUBison
09-30-2009, 03:27 AM

Or maybe, God forbid, there is another RB that is injured. Hope not, but if Pat is hurt.....:paperbag:

Kevin
09-30-2009, 03:28 AM
I heard on Bison Feedback tonight from Coach Bohl that Sigers turf toe is not looking good...

So give Voightlander some more touches, the kid is an absolute stud. It isn't worth pulling a redshirt when the season is almost shot.

NDSUstudent
09-30-2009, 03:28 AM
Sigers is hurt, so what. We still have Voigt, a guy that is vastly underutilized.

NDSUstudent
09-30-2009, 03:30 AM
Or maybe, God forbid, there is another RB that is injured. Hope not, but if Pat is hurt.....:paperbag:

That is the only logical reason that I can think of. This crowded backfield does not need another back unless there is an injury to Paschall.

Scooter1
09-30-2009, 08:41 AM
Maybe it's because Craig Bohl thought he had the luxury of redshirting this kid...now there is no room for error with a 1-3 start. It could be that Craig isn't ready to give up on the 2009 season just yet.

Kevin
09-30-2009, 08:47 AM
Maybe it's because Craig Bohl thought he had the luxury of redshirting this kid...now there is no room for error with a 1-3 start. It could be that Craig isn't ready to give up on the 2009 season just yet.

Unless the kid can play quarterback, this move still makes no sense. (Assuming the "bird" is correct, that is)

bisonmike2
09-30-2009, 12:22 PM
Why now????

because Bohl is keeping in line with this year's philosophy of making decisions based on using his magic 8 ball instead of logic and facts.

"Should I start Mertens over Jose despite a 52% completion rate and his inability to move the offense when it's most needed?"

<shakes magic 8 ball>
You may rely on it

"Should I remove a redshirt off of a freshman RB, despite the RB position being the deepest position on the team, and the fact that I'm currently under utilizing one of the most explosive backs on the team(Voitlander)"?

<shakes magic 8 ball>
Concentrate and ask again

"4th and 18. Should I fake the FG?"
<shakes magic 8 ball>
Outlook not so good

"Ahh f*ck it, I'll do it anyway."

Ok, so maybe he doesn't listen to it all the time.

bisontwice
09-30-2009, 12:49 PM
The redshirt isn't officially pulled until he plays in a game. He may be getting some reps in practice just in case Sigers toe doesn't get better. Haven't heard anything else bad about the other backs.

bisondad
09-30-2009, 01:09 PM
Maybe he can throw into the flat as well as everyone else and Bohl is going to introduce the Wild Bison formation. Option left, dive, false start, 3 yard out, punt.

YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

roadwarrior
09-30-2009, 02:33 PM
It's obvious that for the rest of season we are going to run on every play. ;)

bisontwice
09-30-2009, 03:15 PM
Why not we have won national championships in the old days of the 80's with 4 yds and cloud of dust....

mebisonII
09-30-2009, 03:31 PM
Clearly Coach Bohl finally got around to reading my post on the WTF formation:

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?p=293976#post293976

Facts
09-30-2009, 03:54 PM
Why not we have won national championships in the old days of the 80's with 4 yds and cloud of dust....

Agreed, With the O-line we've got on this team, we have, and will continue to run the crap out of the ball, and all over any and everyone. If a Qb can throw the ball the run game should open up some more passing options. Key word... If.

PS. Maybe this has already been addressed, but does anyone else see the parallels in last years and this years Bison teams with the recent Minnesota Vikings stud run game and lack of a Qb (not this year with Favre). My point is, you're only as good as the player who touches the ball every game.

bisontwice
09-30-2009, 04:36 PM
Accoding to the Forum, Bohl has stated a decision will be made later today about Ojuri. Also, Vandal is starting at FB with Hushka back as well from a shoulder injury. Maybe things are looking up....

coloradobison
09-30-2009, 04:44 PM
call me crazy, but I think the decision to pull Ojuri's redshirt should be made only if he is needed in an emergency situation. If he isn't absolutely needed/can't contribute on offense, dont pull his redshirt to play him on special teams. I assume there is a valid reason for considering this. PP, DJ and Voit - thats 3 deep at RB, and the status of Sigers in up in the air, but 3 or 4 deep is enough at this point, is it not?

ad guy
09-30-2009, 04:52 PM
I could swear he was recruited as WR as well as RB, so maybe he's being looked at to help out there? I could be wrong. Someone else with more knowledge of his recruitment will have to confirm.

bisonmike2
09-30-2009, 04:53 PM
call me crazy, but I think the decision to pull Ojuri's redshirt should be made only if he is needed in an emergency situation. If he isn't absolutely needed/can't contribute on offense, dont pull his redshirt to play him on special teams. I assume there is a valid reason for considering this. PP, DJ and Voit - thats 3 deep at RB, and the status of Sigers in up in the air, but 3 or 4 deep is enough at this point, is it not?

Not only that but with Vandal and Huska are back. I'm thinking Voit was used sparingly because they wanted to use him at FB since we were thin there. Now we have some guys coming back, hopefully Voit's into the mix at HB a little more.

tcbison
09-30-2009, 05:01 PM
I could swear he was recruited as WR as well as RB, so maybe he's being looked at to help out there? I could be wrong. Someone else with more knowledge of his recruitment will have to confirm.

Using Ojuri at WR is the only logically explanation that I can think of. I think use McNorton and Ojuri at WR and run the ball with PP and Voigtlander.

coloradobison
09-30-2009, 05:07 PM
Using Ojuri at WR is the only logically explanation that I can think of. I think use McNorton and Ojuri at WR and run the ball with PP and Voigtlander.

So is a recruited RB a better option at WR than the freshman we have at the WR position? if so, we need to seriously reconsider our recruiting (like we do at QB)

tcbison
09-30-2009, 05:12 PM
So is a recruited RB a better option at WR than the freshman we have at the WR position? if so, we need to seriously reconsider our recruiting (like we do at QB)

Good question, I don't know. When Coach Bohl was in the Twin Cities this summer, one of the first things he said to us was how poor the WRs are.

coloradobison
09-30-2009, 05:14 PM
Good question, I don't know. When Coach Bohl was in the Twin Cities this summer, one of the first things he said to us was how poor the WRs are.

thats great to hear...

BisonNeil
09-30-2009, 05:15 PM
because Bohl is keeping in line with this year's philosophy of making decisions based on using his magic 8 ball instead of logic and facts.

"Should I start Mertens over Jose despite a 52% completion rate and his inability to move the offense when it's most needed?"

<shakes magic 8 ball>
You may rely on it

"Should I remove a redshirt off of a freshman RB, despite the RB position being the deepest position on the team, and the fact that I'm currently under utilizing one of the most explosive backs on the team(Voitlander)"?

<shakes magic 8 ball>

<shakes magic 8 ball>
Outlook not so good

I needed a chuckle today. Many thanks!

BisonNeil
09-30-2009, 05:17 PM
My point is, you're only as good as the player who touches the ball every game.

Gee, I thought Richard was having a terrific season :)

DjKyRo
09-30-2009, 05:19 PM
Moving Ojuri to WR soudns like the most logical choice barring some major shakeup in our RB corps, but even then I can't imagine pulling Okuri's redshirt to be the best option - we have a solid class of freshman WRs, and I can't see our redshirted 5th-stringer as being the best guy to bring in - but then, Ojuri is purportedly a total speed freak and hey, maybe the coaches are seeing something in practice that I personally haven't noticed. Definitely a possibility....but this move has me intrigued.

spelunker64
09-30-2009, 05:21 PM

Great post. And he is

Facts
09-30-2009, 05:21 PM

I should've put every down, and yes, Richard is playing extremely well.

bisonmike2
09-30-2009, 05:33 PM
Is anybody in the media asking why? I saw the report in the forum, it's informational. Bohl states x, y and z. I wish somebody would just ask why? Why do you need to lift the redshirt on a kid and bury him on the depth chart. Seriously, use Pat, use D.J., use Voit. Why add Sam to that list? And if it's to put him at WR, it sounds like a colossal waste of his talent. Recruit better WR's. As the bad cop in Super Troopers once said, "Desperation is a stinky cologne, Jon." These moves reak of desperation.

mebisonII
09-30-2009, 05:41 PM
Is anybody in the media asking why? I saw the report in the forum, it's informational. Bohl states x, y and z. I wish somebody would just ask why? Why do you need to lift the redshirt on a kid and bury him on the depth chart. Seriously, use Pat, use D.J., use Voit. Why add Sam to that list? And if it's to put him at WR, it sounds like a colossal waste of his talent. Recruit better WR's. As the bad cop in Super Troopers once said, "Desperation is a stinky cologne, Jon." These moves reak of desperation.

Super Troopers as advice for the Bison...awesome! :)

bisonmike2
09-30-2009, 05:42 PM

60% of the time, it works every time!

DjKyRo
09-30-2009, 05:47 PM

Just remember, the first rule of Super Troopers Advice for bison Club: you never talk about Super Troopers Advice for Bison Club. (while we're doing movie references)

spelunker64
09-30-2009, 05:48 PM
Vigen is on right meow on 740

TransAmBison
09-30-2009, 05:48 PM
I think Mertens watched a little too much Monty Python.

None shall pass.

lakesbison
09-30-2009, 05:49 PM
Dan HAMMER ..
'THE TOOL' just put.this thread to brent vigen.

how does he stay employed?..embarassingly bad!!

bisonmike2
09-30-2009, 05:50 PM
Vigen is on right meow on 740

I like where this thread is going. I think we should have a nickname for any formations with Vandal and Voitlander in the backfield. How 'bout Ramrod?

DjKyRo
09-30-2009, 06:00 PM
Word on the Fan just now was:

"Ojuri MAY....MAY have his redshirt pulled depending on the ability [and health] of Mike Sigers."

bisonmike2
09-30-2009, 06:02 PM
Word on the Fan just now was:

"Ojuri MAY....MAY have his redshirt pulled depending on the ability [and health] of Mike Sigers."

Mother of God!....that's a horrible decision.

bisontwice
09-30-2009, 06:07 PM
Kind of scratching my head over this one. With Vandal and Hushka back at FB plus Bruehn we no longer need Voit there. That leaves PP, Vout and DJ available for tailback. Do we need a 4th???

DjKyRo
09-30-2009, 06:09 PM
Mother of God!....that's a horrible decision.

Had a quick phone-talk with Hammer (yeah, I called in...) and he said the determining factor in Ojuri's shirt getting pulled was if Sigers can apply for a medical redshirt with his foot. Apparently they're debating playing him this weekend (it's apparently bugging him still), and figure if Sigers can get a redshirt they're not losing any year difference in the overall RB corps.

Looking at it in that light, it does make a modicum of sense.

bisonmike2
09-30-2009, 06:16 PM
Had a quick phone-talk with Hammer (yeah, I called in...) and he said the determining factor in Ojuri's shirt getting pulled was if Sigers can apply for a medical redshirt with his foot. Apparently they're debating playing him this weekend (it's apparently bugging him still), and figure if Sigers can get a redshirt they're not losing any year difference in the overall RB corps.

Looking at it in that light, it does make a modicum of sense.

except that it burns a year of Sam's eligibility. With Paschall , Voit, and D.J., and rather have Sam for 4 years after this year than 3.

DjKyRo
09-30-2009, 06:22 PM
except that it burns a year of Sam's eligibility. With Paschall , Voit, and D.J., and rather have Sam for 4 years after this year than 3.

if this were the case we'd have Sigers for 4 yet.

G-city Bison Fan
09-30-2009, 06:47 PM

I think the point is pretty simple, running backs can get injured at any time. It is better to have the most eligibility possible, and to save them when you can.

We have three healthy fantastic runningbacks currently and to "waste" a year of eligibility of Sam's, even if we will be saving a year on Sigers, seems to be a waste and maybe a dumb move.

bisonmike2
09-30-2009, 06:48 PM
I think the point is pretty simple, running backs can get injured at any time. It is better to have the most eligibility possible, and to save them when you can.

We have three healthy fantastic runningbacks currently and to "waste" a year of eligibility of Sam's, even if we will be saving a year on Sigers, seems to be a waste and maybe a dumb move.

exactly. having sigers and sam around for 4 years isn't a bad thing.

99Bison
09-30-2009, 06:49 PM
This is just weird...

Kermit
09-30-2009, 07:03 PM
Let's get the best players on the field. I bet McNorton would be our second best wide receiver. How about moving DJ to WR fulltime and making Voigtlander the #2 RB? I'd like to see more of those two and less of Shamen and Gary Williams.

99Bison
09-30-2009, 07:09 PM
Let's get the best players on the field. I bet McNorton would be our second best wide receiver. How about moving DJ to WR fulltime and making Voigtlander the #2 RB? I'd like to see more of those two and less of Shamen and Gary Williams.

DJ may be the best receiver... He actually looks comfortable as the slot.

CarringtonBison
09-30-2009, 07:34 PM
I like where this thread is going. I think we should have a nickname for any formations with Vandal and Voitlander in the backfield. How 'bout Ramrod?

I like where this thread is going. I think we should have a nickname for any formations with Vandal and Voitlander in the backfield. How 'bout Ramrod?[/

CarringtonBison
09-30-2009, 07:35 PM

CarringtonBison
09-30-2009, 07:35 PM
Meow!!!!!!

bisonhusker
09-30-2009, 08:14 PM
From what I have heard from several people that watch practice daily and coaches, Sam is special. I would LOVE to see him as a 5th year Senior getting 20 carries like PP is this year....as opposed to him burning this season as an 18 year old Freshman getting 2 carries a week. Brutal. We have 3 legit backs that all could be feature backs. This is NOT the problem on this football team. So frustrated. Can we tailgate yet?

BadlandsBison
09-30-2009, 08:19 PM
Save our bullets, Coach. Live to fight another season.

ndsubison1
09-30-2009, 08:37 PM

not necessarily, people switch positions all the time in college football

ndsubison1
09-30-2009, 08:40 PM
plus this also may say that were gonna stary Navying it and run it a hell a lot more

DJ is being more relied upon at WR and if Sigers cant go the rest of the year it makes sense to pull Ojuri's redshirt

Bison"FANatic"
09-30-2009, 09:03 PM
Meow!!!!!!

copycat:D :D

NDSUstudent
09-30-2009, 09:23 PM
I still don't get it, who cares if Sigers is hurt, it isn't like Voigt is being overworked(especially with Vandal back).

I can see maybe getting him ready in case another back goes down but losing Sigers isn't big. Shamen could easily take over his role.

bisonmike2
09-30-2009, 09:28 PM
I still don't get it, who cares if Sigers is hurt, it isn't like Voigt is being overworked(especially with Vandal back).

I can see maybe getting him ready in case another back goes down but losing Sigers isn't big. Shamen could easily take over his role.

<SHAKES MAGIC 8 BALL>
Outlook not so good

CarringtonBison
09-30-2009, 09:32 PM
copycat:D :D

just doing repeater.

G-city Bison Fan
09-30-2009, 09:34 PM
From what I have heard from several people that watch practice daily and coaches, Sam is special. I would LOVE to see him as a 5th year Senior getting 20 carries like PP is this year....as opposed to him burning this season as an 18 year old Freshman getting 2 carries a week. Brutal. We have 3 legit backs that all could be feature backs. This is NOT the problem on this football team. So frustrated. Can we tailgate yet?

Amen...

If Sam's redshirt is pullled this year, I will officially jump on the "Our coaching staff doesn't have a clue" bandwagon. Fan speculation of a coaching staff always has to be taken with a grain of salt, but at some point in time if a coaching staff can't explain itself, or fails to get results, then that speculation gets a hell of a lot louder.

coloradobison
09-30-2009, 10:05 PM
not necessarily, people switch positions all the time in college football

My point is that if our best option at WR is a RB, then we have some WR issues. This is no slam on DJ's ability and talent, simply that we need some talent at the WR position to come in and be productive.

Tatanka
09-30-2009, 10:23 PM
My point is that if our best option at WR is a RB, then we have some WR issues. This is no slam on DJ's ability and talent, simply that we need some talent at the WR position to come in and be productive.

^ This.

Kermit
09-30-2009, 11:31 PM
Obviously we have WR issues. We've failed to retain about 4 highly touted recruits at that position alone over the past 3-4 years. DJ can play there, it is not a stretch. I just want to see our best players on the field and I think DJ and Voigtlander are better football players than some other guys. If that means a position change is needed, so be it.

Kermit
10-01-2009, 12:21 AM
According to Kolpak's twitter, the redshift has been pulled. Mystifying.

HandoEX
10-01-2009, 12:30 AM
Split DJ at wide receiver and run PP-->Voigt-->Sam as the 3 headed monster. Run the ball 50 times a game, it's our best chance to win at the moment.

Bison101
10-01-2009, 12:31 AM
According to Kolpak's twitter, the redshift has been pulled. Mystifying.

If I don't see Wildcat, I'll be plum mad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMBZDwf9dok&feature=related

bisontwice
10-01-2009, 12:34 AM
4 yards and a cloud of dust, hang onto the ball for 45+ minutes, throw the ball once a quarter. Win game and do all over again.

bisonmike2
10-01-2009, 12:54 AM
If I don't see Wildcat, I'll be plum mad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMBZDwf9dok&feature=related

If I don't see him in for more than 3 plays a game, I'll be pissed. This makes 0 sense.

Bison101
10-01-2009, 01:28 AM
If he gets his redshirt pulled and then sits on the sideline for the whole season (maybe getting a couple of reps per game), what is the point?

In the words of Lee Corso, a "BONEhead coaching call".

TransAmBison
10-01-2009, 01:49 AM
Definitely using the magic 8 ball.

NDSUFan_Sav
10-01-2009, 06:16 AM
4 yards and a cloud of dust, hang onto the ball for 45+ minutes, throw the ball once a quarter. Win game and do all over again.

didn't work that well for the dolphins

DORMIE
10-01-2009, 12:40 PM
Heard last night that the redshirt is coming off. Moving DJ to linebacker as Anderson is out.

spelunker64
10-01-2009, 12:48 PM
Looks like it meow that Sam's shirt has been pulled for sure. Siger's toe must be med-redshirt applicable...

KTF
10-01-2009, 01:07 PM
Heard last night that the redshirt is coming off. Moving DJ to linebacker as Anderson is out.

Very, very surprised that DJ is moving to LB... Don't we have some other guys to fill the spot?

westnodak93bison
10-01-2009, 01:20 PM
seriously DJ is gonna play LB?

tcbison
10-01-2009, 01:22 PM
seriously DJ is gonna play LB?

He does wear #8 which in the past has always be a LB's number. :nod:

westnodak93bison
10-01-2009, 01:31 PM
what does that tell us about the 2nd & 3rd string LBs and wouldnt a guy like Cyrus Lemon or Kevin Jackson or Isaac Kolstad be better options since they know the defensive system?

KTF
10-01-2009, 01:36 PM
what does that tell us about the 2nd & 3rd string LBs and wouldnt a guy like Cyrus Lemon or Kevin Jackson or Isaac Kolstad be better options since they know the defensive system?

Isaac played in the SIU game as well as the Wagner game. He is a great special teamer. Phil Hansen likes the guy. Why DJ??? I just don't understand.

EndZoneQB
10-01-2009, 01:55 PM
DJ is just an athlete that needs to be on the field. He has great hip fluidity meaning he *should* make a great LB. Kinda random, but lets see where this goes.

Herd80
10-01-2009, 02:00 PM
Geez, c'mon guys...DJ to linebacker? You're really going to bite on this?

OK, I'll start the rumor that Buckman is going to play QB so we get a little more height at that position.

roadwarrior
10-01-2009, 02:03 PM
And Shamen will replace Buckman on the O line.....

met1990
10-01-2009, 02:07 PM
And Shamen standing on Bibeau's shoulders will replace Buckman on the O line.....

Maybe more like this...

westnodak93bison
10-01-2009, 02:13 PM
if Ojuri is that good then why didnt he play from day 1

bisonmike2
10-01-2009, 02:23 PM
I'm predicting Sam's line for Saturdays game.

3 carries 8 yards. 2 kick return 54 yards (27 avg). 1 year of wasted eligibility.

roadwarrior
10-01-2009, 02:28 PM
If he gets 3 carries, they will total much more than 8 yards.

Bison"FANatic"
10-01-2009, 02:31 PM
Well I am going to get my .02 in. I think this makes no sense at all. I hope he never steps foot on the field this year. I hope he travels and is ready if we get in trouble with injuries but I hope he never gets on the field this year. I want to see him for 4 more years. I wonder if there is a injury that we don't know about????? If not..........

NEWSFLASH TO NDSU COACHING STAFF

THE RUNNING BACK POSITION IS NOT OUR PROBLEM!!!!!!!!

Pull a shirt off a good WR,,,,,,, I can understand
Pull a shirt off of a Defensive person LB, CB,,,,,,,,, I can understand
Pull a shirt off a O lineman to get them experience for next year,,,,,,,, I can understand
Pull a shirt off a QB,,,, well I am going to leave that one alone.

Please have the brains to build and look to the future when the present is a lost season. If anyone really truley believes we are going to run the table the rest of the way. I am taking bets please contact me I want to make some easy money.:D :D

lakesbison
10-01-2009, 02:54 PM
DJ isnt going to LB.

Here's my GUESS, its just a guess, i dont have any information, i just dont get it either.

GRADES! if Sam isn't doing well, and wont be eligible next year, throw him in now?

MOTBison
10-01-2009, 03:08 PM
Well I am going to get my .02 in. I think this makes no sense at all. I hope he never steps foot on the field this year. I hope he travels and is ready if we get in trouble with injuries but I hope he never gets on the field this year. I want to see him for 4 more years. I wonder if there is a injury that we don't know about????? If not..........

NEWSFLASH TO NDSU COACHING STAFF

THE RUNNING BACK POSITION IS NOT OUR PROBLEM!!!!!!!!

Pull a shirt off a good WR,,,,,,, I can understand
Pull a shirt off of a Defensive person LB, CB,,,,,,,,, I can understand
Pull a shirt off a O lineman to get them experience for next year,,,,,,,, I can understand
Pull a shirt off a QB,,,, well I am going to leave that one alone.

Please have the brains to build and look to the future when the present is a lost season. If anyone really truley believes we are going to run the table the rest of the way. I am taking bets please contact me I want to make some easy money.:D :D

Sure, but can you give me some odds?

bisonhusker
10-01-2009, 03:28 PM
if Ojuri is that good then why didnt he play from day 1

Because Pat Paschall is the best RB in the nation.....and you don't need to play Sam this year. Questions? There is no chance that DJ is moving to the defense.

bisontwice
10-01-2009, 03:58 PM
As difficult as I found this to believe, it appears to be correct and not just a bad rumor. I have the same information. Pretty scary....

bisonmike2
10-01-2009, 04:07 PM
As difficult as I found this to believe, it appears to be correct and not just a bad rumor. I have the same information. Pretty scary....

C'mon? Really? Please tell me you guys are either b.s'ing or talking about a different D.J.?

KTF
10-01-2009, 04:13 PM

Well then, what injury did Anderson incur and how long is he out?

DjKyRo
10-01-2009, 04:23 PM
An old trick in football video games is to put your fastest HB at DE or Lb - racks up sacks like crazy. Maybe somehow the same mechanics will apply? :D

bisonmike2
10-01-2009, 04:28 PM
An old trick in football video games is to put your fastest HB at DE or Lb - racks up sacks like crazy. Maybe somehow the same mechanics will apply? :D

Great point but lately I've realized that EA sports handicaps you against that now. I was seriously low at the FB position so I took a HB with 93 speed and switch his position to FB. All of a sudden his speed dropped to 85. Same thing with putting my fastest guy at QB to run the option. Once he's in the QB position, his speed drops. Reason #549 why EA sports sucks and must die.

bisontwice
10-01-2009, 04:29 PM
Well then, what injury did Anderson incur and how long is he out?

Neck injury, don't know when or how long but would suspect season if they are moving someone there.

DjKyRo
10-01-2009, 04:32 PM
Great point but lately I've realized that EA sports handicaps you against that now. I was seriously low at the FB position so I took a HB with 93 speed and switch his position to FB. All of a sudden his speed dropped to 85. Same thing with putting my fastest guy at QB to run the option. Once he's in the QB position, his speed drops. Reason #549 why EA sports sucks and must die.

Yeah, but if you take a look at some other stats (for example, with QB: throwing acc/pow) those will go up slightly. It's all positional rankings and whatnot, but I'm with you on the whole EA=suck.

bisonmike2
10-01-2009, 04:35 PM
Yeah, but if you take a look at some other stats (for example, with QB: throwing acc/pow) those will go up slightly. It's all positional rankings and whatnot, but I'm with you on the whole EA=suck.

There is hope. There was a rumor that Microsoft wants to buy EA. Sounds shiatty for PS3 owners but if that happens all of EA sports licensing agreements cease, and then the NFL and NCAA licenses would be back up for bid.

NDSUmulligan
10-01-2009, 05:10 PM
Is this really true about DJ? Linebacker, seriously? Taking one of our best playmakers and putting him on D? Is there really no other linebackers on the roster?

Greenie
10-01-2009, 05:36 PM
I think this could really work, but it must look something like this...

RB1: Paschall
RB2: McNorton or Voigtlander
RB3: Ojuri

FB1: Vandal
FB2: Voigtlander

WR1: Holloway
WR2: McNorton
WR3: Ojuri
WR4: Washington

TE1: Veldman
TE2: Smith or Brown

Deep KR1 and 2: Washington and Ojuri
Up man KR1 and 2: McNorton and Voigtlander

PR: Washington

We really do have a ton of weapons and movable chess pieces if they're used correctly, especially since the OL has been doing well. Ojuri better be used in WR and KR a lot, or it's a wasted year.

Use Mertens to throw quick hitters, screens, take an occasional shot down field, and run by design and when everything else is covered.

heckler
10-01-2009, 05:42 PM
I think this could really work, but it must look something like this...

RB1: Paschall
RB2: McNorton or Voigtlander
RB3: Ojuri

FB1: Vandal
FB2: Voigtlander

WR1: Holloway
WR2: McNorton
WR3: Ojuri
WR4: Washington

TE1: Veldman
TE2: Smith or Brown

Deep KR1 and 2: Washington and Ojuri
Up man KR1 and 2: McNorton and Voigtlander

PR: Washington

We really do have a ton of weapons and movable chess pieces if they're used correctly, especially since the OL has been doing well. Ojuri better be used in WR and KR a lot, or it's a wasted year.

Use Mertens to throw quick hitters, screens, take an occasional shot down field, and run by design and when everything else is covered.

To bad the Bison don't play on a field of paper :rolleyes:

bisonmike2
10-01-2009, 05:46 PM
Is this really true about DJ? Linebacker, seriously? Taking one of our best playmakers and putting him on D? Is there really no other linebackers on the roster?

DJ has had a solid year this year. Looks like he's finally getting comfortable in the offense and now he might be moved to defense? This is just one more move that makes me scratch my head.

IzzyFlexion
10-01-2009, 05:47 PM
I heard that DJ is going to be the holder on FGs and that Ojuri is going to be the kicker in preparation for the next 4th and 18 situation.
OK, maybe that was uncalled for.:hide:

bisonhusker
10-01-2009, 07:26 PM
I personally feel bad for DJ. That kid is doing what he is asked, and is a good kid. Hey, you are the #2 RB. Hey, you are the WR. Hey, you are the next linebacker....didn't you tackle someone 4 years ago in high school and you are a good athlete? Come on. Let the kid be GREAT at one thing. Yeah, he is probably the best athlete and therefore they are asking him to do alot....and I think he is having a great year. He is probably the #2 at RB and WR...but moving him to defense? Tell me this is some kind of a joke. We have 3 running backs that don't get the ball enough.

tcbison
10-01-2009, 07:38 PM
I personally feel bad for DJ. That kid is doing what he is asked, and is a good kid. Hey, you are the #2 RB. Hey, you are the WR. Hey, you are the next linebacker....didn't you tackle someone 4 years ago in high school and you are a good athlete? Come on. Let the kid be GREAT at one thing. Yeah, he is probably the best athlete and therefore they are asking him to do alot....and I think he is having a great year. He is probably the #2 at RB and WR...but moving him to defense? Tell me this is some kind of a joke. We have 3 running backs that don't get the ball enough.

Good post. I personally feel bad for Voigtlander. All he does when he gets to play is deliver results better than the guy that is ahead of him(DJ not PP) and now they are taking the redshirt off a guy that will be right behind him. His stats are through the roof(11.4 yards per rush and 53 yards per catch). The coaches must not have much confidence in him for some reason.

I think moving DJ to WR is a good move, but pulling the redshirt off of Ojuri should only happen if PP or Voigt get hurt IMHO.

BadlandsBison
10-01-2009, 07:47 PM
'Tis true. DJ is indeed trying linebacker. Outside linebacker would be my guess. As we already know, the team is awful thin at LB so with 2 good backs still in the backfeild, Bohl is trying out an athlete on D. Hey, why not? He's a good athlete.

NDSUstudent
10-01-2009, 08:02 PM
Maybe DJ can make a bigger impact on defense, I think he could work at WR, but it isn't like our defense is loaded with playmakers.

I like DJ as an athlete but he is our third and probably even fourth best back, that isn't a slam because our running backs are just that good.

met1990
10-01-2009, 08:03 PM
As we already know, the team is awful thin at LB

Where aren't we thin at? I find it hard to believe that with all those extra scholarships we're still thin at QB, wide receiver and linebacker, and not much depth in a lot of other places.

99Bison
10-01-2009, 08:31 PM
Really???? Is this Alice in Wonderland?

Vikings winning close games, Bison losing games, DJ to play defense, redshirt taken off in 5th game, no QB switch, DJ not moving to WR, huh, what?

roadwarrior
10-01-2009, 08:32 PM
Kolpack confirms DJ learning the LB position.

Matt Anderson out for the season.

bisontwice
10-01-2009, 08:42 PM
DJ is an athlete, but unless they are just going to go and let him play there is an awful lot to learn at LB. But that is why the coaches coach, players play and the rest of us hope for the best.

99Bison
10-01-2009, 08:44 PM
DJ is an athlete, but unless they are just going to go and let him play there is an awful lot to learn at LB. But that is why the coaches coach, players play and the rest of us hope for the best.

He'll be a backup atleast for this week.

bisontwice
10-01-2009, 08:48 PM
He'll be a backup atleast for this week.
Agreed but still.....a lot to learn.

IzzyFlexion
10-01-2009, 08:51 PM
Agreed but still.....a lot to learn.

Some LB and some WR in the same game?
Does anyone know the last player at NDSU to play on both sides of the ball in the same game?
I sure as hell don't, but is must a long while.

bisonmike2
10-01-2009, 09:15 PM

<shakes magic 8 ball>
You may rely on it

<shakes magic 8 ball>

<shakes magic 8 ball>
Outlook not so good

So now the redshirt roulette is beginning to make sense and I look like a jack-hole for posting this ^. Well everything but the 4th and 18. I'll still maintain that was a horrible call. So now we have Paschall/Voit/Ojuri/maybe DJ but I got to think if they need him for depth at LB he'll be scaled back quite a bit in his RB roles. Man, this season sucks. 4 games in and we're starting true freshman and raiding our offense to add depth to the D.

Thunder_Struck
10-01-2009, 09:17 PM
So you're saying there might be a sighting of a #8 on the defensive side of the ball? Almost like it is destiny!

bisonmike2
10-01-2009, 09:20 PM
So you're saying there might be a sighting of a #8 on the defensive side of the ball? Almost like it is destiny!

No kidding? Anybody have that old that old #8 hitman banner? Get it out again! Too bad the jersey can't add about 30lbs of muscle to DJ.

JacksFan06
10-01-2009, 09:22 PM
Aren't there any true freshman LB's who could have their shirt pulled instead of taking it off Ojuri and than moving McNorten to LB.

Seems like the message being sent is that Ojuri would have started over McNorten next year anyway.

bisonmike2
10-01-2009, 09:30 PM
What's the rules on walk-on players? Is there a specific number allowed on a roster? I know we announce preferred walk-ons on signing day but is that all we take? Maybe if we had a large and successful walk-on program we might be able to fill a couple of our holes on offense and defense with them. Nebraska used to get a lot of productive players from their walk-on program.

Leonardite
10-01-2009, 09:32 PM
Aren't there any true freshman LB's who could have their shirt pulled instead of taking it off Ojuri and than moving McNorten to LB.

Seems like the message being sent is that Ojuri would have started over McNorten next year anyway.

Geez, you really have it in for McNorton don't you? We get it: You want him to be a bust. The guy is going to be playing three positions on Saturday....potshots at our recruiting in general are fair game, but DJ would be one of the last guys I'd be ripping on.

bisonhusker
10-01-2009, 09:39 PM
Wanted: 5 star LB's. Can start for 4 years.

JacksFan06
10-01-2009, 09:41 PM
Geez, you really have it in for McNorton don't you? We get it: You want him to be a bust. The guy is going to be playing three positions on Saturday....potshots at our recruiting in general are fair game, but DJ would be one of the last guys I'd be ripping on.

I have no problems with McNorten, it looked like he was actually becoming a pretty productive running back for awhile. Now they are taking him and asking him to play defense, a position he's never played.

Some players will take that and run with it and be fine, others will get frustrated and see it more as slight. Being a playmaker like DJ supposedly was, it might be a bit of a downer to move to a position that's not as glamorous. It just seems like it would have made more sense to leave DJ on offense and bring up a freshman LB. I'm not familiar with NDSU's roster though and don't know if there are any true freshman LB's waiting in the wing.

IzzyFlexion
10-01-2009, 09:51 PM
Wanted: 5 star LB's. Can start for 4 years.

I'm posting this while doing one-armed pushups. How much does it pay?

What do you got here at NDSU.....a 4 year program? Which is perfect for me!http://www.filmdope.com/Gallery/ActorsC/2615-18510.gif

IzzyFlexion
10-01-2009, 09:56 PM
I have no problems with McNorten, it looked like he was actually becoming a pretty productive running back for awhile. Now they are taking him and asking him to play defense, a position he's never played.

Some players will take that and run with it and be fine, others will get frustrated and see it more as slight. Being a playmaker like DJ supposedly was, it might be a bit of a downer to move to a position that's not as glamorous. It just seems like it would have made more sense to leave DJ on offense and bring up a freshman LB. I'm not familiar with NDSU's roster though so I really have no business stirring this pot. With that, I'm just going to back away from this thread.

There.....fixed.

bisontwice
10-01-2009, 10:02 PM
What's the rules on walk-on players? Is there a specific number allowed on a roster? I know we announce preferred walk-ons on signing day but is that all we take? Maybe if we had a large and successful walk-on program we might be able to fill a couple of our holes on offense and defense with them. Nebraska used to get a lot of productive players from their walk-on program.
According to Bohl, try to keep the roster around 105. Once school starts if potential players want to walk on the option is available if they have the ability to play.

Hammersmith
10-02-2009, 12:21 AM

You can only have a total of 90 players at fall camp. If you split the 63 scholarships to the maximum of 85 players, you've only got slots for 5 preferred walk-ons. For every player you don't give money to below that 85 maximum, you get another preferred walk-on slot. Once classes begin, that rule is gone and you can have as large a roster as you want. (FBS gets to have 105 players at fall camp.)

You can also add players during fall camp if another player leaves and never plans to return. You can basically use it as an audition process(this really only works for FBS because there aren't enough walk-on slots in a fully-funded FCS program).

A1pigskin
10-02-2009, 01:42 AM
So give Voightlander some more touches, the kid is an absolute stud. It isn't worth pulling a redshirt when the season is almost shot.

I still can't figure out why voight is not getting the touches. HMMMMMM......

westnodak93bison
10-02-2009, 02:08 AM
You can only have a total of 90 players at fall camp. If you split the 63 scholarships to the maximum of 85 players, you've only got slots for 5 preferred walk-ons. For every player you don't give money to below that 85 maximum, you get another preferred walk-on slot. Once classes begin, that rule is gone and you can have as large a roster as you want. (FBS gets to have 105 players at fall camp.)

You can also add players during fall camp if another player leaves and never plans to return. You can basically use it as an audition process(this really only works for FBS because there aren't enough walk-on slots in a fully-funded FCS program).

If we have to rely on some borderline schollys or walk on players going into fall camp we are in trouble.

Bisonguy
10-02-2009, 02:24 AM
I still can't figure out why voight is not getting the touches. HMMMMMM......

He was the #2 FB up until probably this week.

EndZoneQB
10-02-2009, 02:31 AM
If we have to rely on some borderline schollys or walk on players going into fall camp we are in trouble.

I disagree. Just because someone wasn't offered a scholly out of HS doesn't mean they are terrible. Maybe they got overlooked, grew up over the summer, was in the wrong system in HS, etc...you just NEVER know...walk-ons definitely have their place.

bisontwice
10-02-2009, 02:34 AM

I would disagree with that statement. I played with guys who game in as walk-ons and ended up all-conference. As we have seen, not everyone who comes in on scholarship with glowing high school careers becomes a great player.

ndsubison1
10-02-2009, 03:27 AM
pulling ojuri's RS is a must... DJ is playing LB now and we only have two RB... it wouldnt make any sense to just have two backs with the way we run the ball

99Bison
10-02-2009, 01:28 PM

Dunno, but there was already 1 that was pulled for this purpose and he's starting.

Thunder_Struck
10-02-2009, 01:33 PM
I'm excited to see Ojuri play. He was a top level recruit out of a big state.

IzzyFlexion
10-02-2009, 02:21 PM
Here again is Ojuri's highlight reel from his senior year at Barrington (IL) HS.
It's long but pretty exciting. It does make me a little nauseous that his eligibility clock will likely start retroactively ticking tomorrow.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lInDeiwnzow

WRSDBison
10-02-2009, 02:41 PM
Some LB and some WR in the same game?
Does anyone know the last player at NDSU to play on both sides of the ball in the same game?I sure as hell don't, but is must a long while.

Didn't Kittelson play LB and FB the year Jangula blew out his knee? Or was he simply moved to FB that year?

DjKyRo
10-02-2009, 03:03 PM
It does make me a little nauseous that his eligibility clock will likely start retroactively ticking tomorrow.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lInDeiwnzow

To a degree I agree I'm with you on this Izzy, but look at Paschall - in both the positive and negative, he was still a big contributor but at the same time, we were effectively hampering his outbreak. Admittedly we did so with Roehl, but it will be interesting to see how he, DJ, Mike and Voit share time in the coming seasons.*

* - assuming DJ doesn't become an All-American LB and decides to just stick with that ;)

IzzyFlexion
10-02-2009, 03:22 PM
To a degree I agree I'm with you on this Izzy, but look at Paschall - in both the positive and negative, he was still a big contributor but at the same time, we were effectively hampering his outbreak. Admittedly we did so with Roehl, but it will be interesting to see how he, DJ, Mike and Voit share time in the coming seasons.*

* - assuming DJ doesn't become an All-American LB and decides to just stick with that ;)

Indeed. Here's another "glass half full" observation.
If this Ojuri kid starts lighting up the scoreboard and/or the stat sheets it can have a trickle down effect in getting more of these studs from the Chicago area. The news of Ojuri's appearance as a true Freshman this weekend WILL be noticed by a lot of the coaches, ahtletes, and parents that witnessed his success in high school. In other words, just because he didn't go to an FBS program doesn't mean he's forgotten. The more of these kids that NDSU can get on the field as quickly as possible, the more of them will likely find their way to Fargo as a post HS career option. Free marketing! There are so many "Ojuri" type kids in this area on the bubble of big school potential that need to consider this Bison program.

DjKyRo
10-02-2009, 03:56 PM
Indeed. Here's another "glass half full" observation.
If this Ojuri kid starts lighting up the scoreboard and/or the stat sheets it can have a trickle down effect in getting more of these studs from the Chicago area. The news of Ojuri's appearance as a true Freshman this weekend WILL be noticed by a lot of the coaches, ahtletes, and parents that witnessed his success in high school. In other words, just because he didn't go to an FBS program doesn't mean he's forgotten. The more of these kids that NDSU can get on the field as quickly as possible, the more of them will likely find their way to Fargo as a post HS career option. Free marketing! There are so many "Ojuri" type kids in this area on the bubble of big school potential that need to consider this Bison program.

True that - plenty of athletes are ready to consider an early start at an FCS school over 2-3 years of riding the bench at an FBS program.