PDA

View Full Version : As I think back...

CaBisonFan
09-28-2009, 10:43 PM
...to my high school years, I remember my basketball coach being very dedicated to his players. He may not have been the greatest strategist, but he treated us like gold. He never gave up on me, or on the team.

I have been very critical of Coach Bohl recently. But maybe, just maybe, he is the kind of coach that I would have wanted in college. Maybe there are larger lessons to be taught...and learned. Perhaps I need to back away, and let the man do his job. Maybe he is waiting on this whole situation for a reason. Could be waiting for the next crop of QBs to come in, and then re-evaluate before committing to anyone else. Maybe there's a master plan that I'm not seeing.

Think I will try backing away.

TransAmBison
09-28-2009, 10:50 PM
Maybe he is just a stubborn mule.

CaBisonFan
09-28-2009, 11:20 PM

There is 'that' possibility. Might not want us, or the media telling him what to do.

56BISON73
09-28-2009, 11:36 PM

Past history dictates this. He admitted that they hung on to certain principals too long last year.
He has said our MO is this and Our MO is that. The problem is if you dont have the talent to run said MO then you are pissing up a rope. I think he would be better served in changing the schemes to better reflect the talent at hand.

EndZoneQB
09-28-2009, 11:58 PM
Past history dictates this. He admitted that they hung on to certain principals too long last year.
He has said our MO is this and Our MO is that. The problem is if you dont have the talent to run said MO then you are pissing up a rope. I think he would be better served in changing the schemes to better reflect the talent at hand.

Exactly, and he already said they switched things up defensively and you could tell against SIU already...

VanClubPres
09-30-2009, 01:07 AM

I agree with this.....and think that the phrase pissing up a rope is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time.

4mcruenomore
09-30-2009, 02:06 AM
I think he is letting his career ride on #18. Call me stupid, but I think Bohl is being careless right now.

THEsocalledfan
09-30-2009, 02:13 AM
I think he is letting his career ride on #18. Call me stupid, but I think Bohl is being careless right now.

While I have been vocal calling for Mertens to be benched and blame Bohl for this, not Mertens, I don't think we will be fired even if he lost every game. Let's not forget the excellent work he did in the glory days of Walker. I think that buys him at least one more year.

4mcruenomore
09-30-2009, 02:19 AM
While I have been vocal calling for Mertens to be benched and blame Bohl for this, not Mertens, I don't think we will be fired even if he lost every game. Let's not forget the excellent work he did in the glory days of Walker. I think that buys him at least one more year.

Right, and the more I think back of how I blamed Mertens, I was wrong. The kid can run, he's big, can run the option, he just can't score by throwing. Not his fault, he's good at what he does best. It's Bohl I'm focusing on now, b/c it's his decision whether or not Nick plays. I'm just really wondering what's going on right now with our program.

BlueBisonRock
09-30-2009, 09:35 AM

Well I would love to, I also believe that action would be out and out rude.

Have a great day! ;)

stevdock
09-30-2009, 01:40 PM
Right, and the more I think back of how I blamed Mertens, I was wrong. The kid can run, he's big, can run the option, he just can't score by throwing. Not his fault, he's good at what he does best. It's Bohl I'm focusing on now, b/c it's his decision whether or not Nick plays. I'm just really wondering what's going on right now with our program.

This is very true. They have changed the offense SOMEWHAT to try and utilize Mertens better. Unfortunately though with any option QB that means that if you do get behind it can make it very difficult to come back. So what we need more than anything else for the rest of this season is for the Defense to put up a 0 in the first quarter. That does put alot of pressure on a unit that has had issues but for the team to win right now, that is what is needed. If we can play even or ahead I think the offense can move the ball fairly decently. It's when we get behind or in 2nd/3rd and long situations that everything breaks down (SHSU was the 1 exception).