PDA

View Full Version : This is serious

rockybison
09-28-2009, 02:08 AM
Things have to change. QB situation is bad. Bohl's job is on the line.

ndsubison1
09-28-2009, 03:41 AM
Things have to change. QB situation is bad. Bohl's job is on the line.

why is bohl's job on the line?

bisontwice
09-28-2009, 12:38 PM
Bohl's job is on the line because all the bloggers say it is on the line. Doesn't really matter that he has the confidence of the President, AD and players.

rutlandbison
09-28-2009, 01:39 PM
Bohl's job is on the line because all the bloggers say it is on the line. Doesn't really matter that he has the confidence of the President, AD and players.
Well everybody knows that the decisions come directly from this board.

The world is ending.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_wisgvGvN4cw/Rp_NM_EAIII/AAAAAAAAAlw/yhkMJRgQXzk/s400/duh.jpg

TransAmBison
09-28-2009, 01:46 PM
It is funny that most everybody who is complaining is coming down on Mertens, but totally willing to defend Bohl. Seriously, blame the person calling the shots.

rutlandbison
09-28-2009, 01:48 PM
It is funny that most everybody who is complaining is coming down on Mertens, but totally willing to defend Bohl. Seriously, blame the person calling the shots.
Or the guy who can't throw a 3 yard slant route. Either way it will work.

TransAmBison
09-28-2009, 02:05 PM
Or the guy who can't throw a 3 yard slant route. Either way it will work.
Yes, but somebody made the decision to put the ball in his hands...again...and again...

Da_Bizon
09-28-2009, 02:44 PM
It's not that serious.... yet. True our defense didn't show up for the first 2.5 games, but they did play a lot better this weekend. IMO, the hurry up offense and the interceptions were the problem. Being as I'm not a fan of negativity, I'm not planning on reading everyone's rantings, so I'm probably echoing the seniments of a lot of people. Regardless, we are only 0-1 in the conference... hardly a need to sound the alarms. I feel, that if the defense can continue to hammer out the issues they have left, this is a good week to do it. Illinois State is by no means a pushover, but they aren't the same team they were when we joined the MVC. This is a good opportunity to get things right and tuned up for the UNI game. Same with the QB situation. Yes, Mertens has shown signs of progress, up until last week. Bad reads, bad throws and an absence of any 2-minute offense. I feel that it's time to give Jose his chance and see what he can do. If nothing else, he finally gets some live game experience. Also, we all get a chance to see what got him recruited up here. So, moral of the story, let's not panic yet. There's still a lot of season left.. we just have to get the offense and the defense on the same page on the same day. Go herd or go home.

tony
09-28-2009, 03:22 PM
Reading the board like this reminds me of the movie Aliens because so many people sound like Private Hudson of "We're f***ed now, man! That's it! Game over, man! GAME OVER!" fame. :)

I won't lie - the season is a disappointment so far. The record isn't the problem; it's the lack of many apparent strengths to build on. To build on the one apparent strength (running game), the passing game has to be more efficient than last game, but I just don't know if swapping Mertens will take care of that since our WR corps seems so weak. How many times did Walker throw balls below the WR's knees? One-quarter of the time when going over the middle? The differences between now and then seem to be that the timing was better plus Walker had guys who could make sliding catches. However, our WRs came into the season with zero experience so they could be much better by the end of the year.

The Lost Dutchman
09-28-2009, 03:27 PM
I think USC should fire Pete too, losing to Washington is completely unacceptable and shouldn't be tolerated. If they aren't in the National championship game every year, he's not doing his job!
Seriously anyone who says Bohl's job is on the line needs a reality check. No matter how much you complain or cry, Bohl's job isn't going to be on the line. His first four years says a lot more then the past year and a half. Zero patience with some people on here, shocker.

lakesbison
09-28-2009, 03:40 PM
YOU TELL THEM TANK!!

sad thing is, if NDSU wins at Sam Houston, this aint that big of a dam deal, and even YOU could follow NDSU at 2-2 then going into Homecoming.

p.s- were you at metrodome yesterday?

bisonmike2
09-28-2009, 03:51 PM
I think USC should fire Pete too, losing to Washington is completely unacceptable and shouldn't be tolerated. If they aren't in the National championship game every year, he's not doing his job!
Seriously anyone who says Bohl's job is on the line needs a reality check. No matter how much you complain or cry, Bohl's job isn't going to be on the line. His first four years says a lot more then the past year and a half. Zero patience with some people on here, shocker.

actually I've seen some SoCal media questioning if Pete is the right coach for USC because of their annual collapse against a inferior conference opponent. Crazy. There's a huge difference between losing 1 game a year and Bohl 7-9 in his last 16 games. Not saying he should be gone, but there is no way you can accurately compare Bohl to Pete Carrol.

Bisonguy
09-28-2009, 04:13 PM
Yes, but somebody made the decision to put the ball in his hands...again...and again...

Nail meet hammer. :nod:

The problem IMO isn't a kid that's trying to give 100% on the field, it's a combination of:

- Lack of position coaching to get everything out of him
- Lack of talent at the position (i.e. recruiting)
- Lack of fortitude to try something new

rutlandbison
09-28-2009, 04:16 PM
True, I'm not trying to start a brall here, I agree with your statement and bohl has been a little stuborn about this. It is time to move on to a new QB.

TransAmBison
09-28-2009, 04:32 PM
True, I'm not trying to start a brall here, I agree with your statement and bohl has been a little stuborn about this. It is time to move on to a new QB.
I know you are not, and I am not either. This is why I waited a couple days to start responding. In a way I feel Bohl is being cruel by leaving Mertens in. This is the Stauss/Walker situation all over again, only more pronounced. This is a severe coaching flaw if Bohl's.

I'm not out to join a mob to have Bohl run out of town. Would I be happy if he got a job offer and left and we got, oh, say Willie Mack back? Heck Yes! (Okay, I'm reachin' here!) I think even good coaches need to move on to keep things fresh. 7 years is plenty of time. They get figured out and get complacent. There are exceptions. Bohl built the Bison for the gopher game in '07 and was successful. That was our pinnacle. Everything has slowly spiraled since then.

rockybison
09-28-2009, 07:19 PM
AZ State wanted him in 07. Not so much now. Hawley could be looking... (this refers to Bohl) Maybe Perles will hook him up in KC but thats not working out too good for him (pp) either

JSUBison
09-28-2009, 07:31 PM
I know you are not, and I am not either. This is why I waited a couple days to start responding. In a way I feel Bohl is being cruel by leaving Mertens in. This is the Stauss/Walker situation all over again, only more pronounced. This is a severe coaching flaw if Bohl's.

I agree, and also this is playing out like 2008 all over again. The same poor QB play, the same poor coaching, same discussion of putting Mohler in to earn experience for next year. If Bohl doesn't remember the QB issues from last year, he sure isn't going to remember what happened with Stauss/Walker. And there is a lot of chatter on BV about "well coach won't put in Mohler because he's green/untalented/doesn't look good in practice, etc." Put Mohler in. He might suck, or he just may have "it". Tom Brady was riding the bench behind Drew Bledsoe of all people, it's not like a back up has never come in and won a starting job or anything. :rolleyes:

I do feel bad for Nick, as he's being forced to do something he is incapable of doing. Fair or not, QB play, much like kickers, pitchers and goalies, doesn't fall under the "win as a team lose as a team" philosophy.

Gully
09-28-2009, 10:59 PM

They were only eligible for the playoffs the first year of the four and guess what, we stayed home. Now when it counts again we have two terrible years. Just stating some facts.

MPLSbisonFAN
09-29-2009, 02:10 AM
mertens sucks. put in a new qb and everyone is happy:nod:

CaBisonFan
09-29-2009, 02:13 AM
actually I've seen some SoCal media questioning if Pete is the right coach for USC because of their annual collapse against a inferior conference opponent. Crazy. There's a huge difference between losing 1 game a year and Bohl 7-9 in his last 16 games. Not saying he should be gone, but there is no way you can accurately compare Bohl to Pete Carrol.

If Pete went .500 down here, there'd be more than talk. He'd probably get one more year to right the ship because of past accomplishments. Two years...likely not.