PDA

View Full Version : Defense

Jdubs21
09-27-2009, 02:52 PM
Whats everyones thoughts, i thought it was much improved from the other previous weeks, other than the 1 big pass play i cant remember any gaping holes, D-line got alot of pressure and linebacks had some nice blitz's the force some poor throws, secondary still iffy, but overall i thought it was much improved

IzzyFlexion
09-27-2009, 02:57 PM
The pressure up front in the first half likely prevented at least one if not two huge plays downfield. Surprisingly, their QB launched a couple as he was getting leveled and the ball sailed deep into the secondary and falling to the turf. God knows, we could never get away with that. (a sure pick). The pressure decreased in the second half and their QB's accuracy and production increased.

tjbison
09-27-2009, 02:59 PM
Whats everyones thoughts, i thought it was much improved from the other previous weeks, other than the 1 big pass play i cant remember any gaping holes, D-line got alot of pressure and linebacks had some nice blitz's the force some poor throws, secondary still iffy, but overall i thought it was much improved

110% improvement IMO, the Blitzes were great but We might need to adjust play calling a little they knew several times what was up but yes keep it up

Jdubs21
09-27-2009, 03:01 PM
The pressure up front in the first half likely prevented at least one if not two huge plays downfield. Surprisingly, their QB launched a couple as he was getting leveled and the ball sailed deep into the secondary and falling to the turf. God knows, we could never get away with that. (a sure pick). The pressure decreased in the second half and their QB's accuracy and production increased.

i think our defense was tired from being on the field for most of the second half, i blame that on our QB for to many 3 and outs and short drives, they get a little help there i think this is a W or just a 3pt loss for the bison to a top 10 team in the country

VanClubPres
09-27-2009, 03:03 PM
Hate to admit good play calling by Dale Lennons Mustache, but the blitz that we timed very well on the right side, just as they were going left was pretty good timing.

We need to overload blitz more. I liked it.

56BISON73
09-27-2009, 07:15 PM

You must have been watching a different game than the one I was.

ndsubison1
09-27-2009, 07:21 PM
offense didnt help out the defense one bit

bisonmike2
09-27-2009, 07:22 PM

or our punter with his 20 yard punts

NDSUFan_Sav
09-27-2009, 07:23 PM

and the defense/ special teams didn't help with the field position of the offense.

A1pigskin
09-27-2009, 07:23 PM
The Defense may have improved but it still has a long ways to go.....

I don't see the QB sacks like we use to get.....

ndsubison1
09-27-2009, 07:24 PM
and the defense/ special teams didn't help with the field position of the offense.

this is all circular... our team is bad, real bad

NDSUFan_Sav
09-27-2009, 07:24 PM
this is all circular... our team is bad, real bad

hell i'll just blame mertens might as well whole damn site is against him.

A1pigskin
09-27-2009, 07:30 PM
There is a laundry list of improvements that need to be made to the entire team.

CaBisonFan
09-27-2009, 07:32 PM
It improved. Ball possession in the first half helped them out. Better...but SIU's offense wasn't anything like Sam Houston's.

A1pigskin
09-27-2009, 07:35 PM
It improved. Ball possession in the first half helped them out. Better...but SIU's offense wasn't anything like Sam Houston's.

I hope this does not end up being a losing season....