PDA

View Full Version : Merten's sucks

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-27-2009, 01:50 AM
You can put it in the hall of shame, but you cannot deny the truth.

The defense showed up. We did everything we needed to win, except execute on offense when we really, really needed to.

Merten's can't hit a bull in the ass at 5 yards. Consistently off target all night long.

HE NEEDS TO GO.

mgbison
09-27-2009, 02:02 AM
merten isn't that bad. merten's didn't loose this game. if anyone thinks this lose is mertens fault, they are flipping retarded.

bisonbills
09-27-2009, 02:02 AM
I have been on the bandwagon with him all year.... and it ends tonight. I was thinking to myself earlier, wondering how this team put up 45 last week. Pat was able to put us in situations where we could get an easy td. Well this week, Pat piled up the yards, but it didn't put us in a spot to score a td. This was where Nick needed to step up and he was vacant tonight. It's time to do something different. What do we have to lose?

spelunker64
09-27-2009, 02:03 AM
merten isn't that bad. merten's didn't loose this game. if anyone thinks this lose is mertens fault is truely retarded.

Nice reply............... :smh:

Evolution Prime
09-27-2009, 02:03 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/EvolutionPrime/Motivational%20Posters/mertens2-1.jpg

bisonmike2
09-27-2009, 02:05 AM
mertens hasn't seemed bad the last couple of weeks because the D was horrible. Well, the D had a decent game and boy did that put the spotlight right back on Nick. We looked horrible tonight and it all starts with the QB. Our O scored 7 points. 7. Pathetic. And the coaching staff was still calling running plays with 4 mins to go in the game because they didn't want Nick to lose the game. I'm sorry, he sucks. We need to make a change. Nick, your a senior, stuck with the program for 5 years but you need to go. I hope you enjoyed your free education but now's the time to let another QB have a shot.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-27-2009, 02:05 AM
merten isn't that bad. merten's didn't loose this game. if anyone thinks this lose is mertens fault, they are flipping retarded.

WHAT FRICKEN GAME WHERE YOU WATCHING TONIGHT?

GIVE ME THE STATS.....I CAN'T FIND THE STATS.......I BET HE THROW UNDER 50%

HE IS TERRIBLE.

PULL HIM.

PULL HIM NOW!!!!!!

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-27-2009, 02:06 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/EvolutionPrime/Motivational%20Posters/mertens2-1.jpg

Reps to you. :)

BlueBisonRock
09-27-2009, 02:10 AM
WHAT FRICKEN GAME WHERE YOU WATCHING TONIGHT?

GIVE ME THE STATS.....I CAN'T FIND THE STATS.......I BET HE THROW UNDER 50%

HE IS TERRIBLE.

PULL HIM.

PULL HIM NOW!!!!!!

Instructions on the use of the CAPS Lock provided by Lakes.

JSUBison
09-27-2009, 02:11 AM
Everybody calm down. I'm confident Mertens will "look good" in practice this coming week. That should keep Mohler riding the bench for another week.

spelunker64
09-27-2009, 02:13 AM
Decision making and accuracy are his biggest weaknesess....

I'd say those should be towards the top of the list when evaluating what you want in a QB

mgbison
09-27-2009, 02:13 AM
merten's isn't great, i'll agree with that. our receivers can't catch. shamen catches that quick slant and he's probably gone. its stupid penalties that are doing us in. horner on that punt, wtf?? stupid fake fg. at least try and kick it, or if you're going to run a fake have a backup qb as your holder. we just aren't a good football team right now.

i guess if I was looking at the glass half-full - win out and still probably make the playoffs (i wouldn't put money on it though)

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-27-2009, 02:16 AM
Instructions on the use of the CAPS Lock provided by Lakes.

I was waiting for someone to pick up on that. :D

HandoEX
09-27-2009, 02:19 AM
I'm off his bandwagon.

I was hoping he'd be the man tonight and assert himself. Unfortunately, he just hasn't been accurate enough. Our offense is geared to get receivers into space, which requires accurate passes. He simply can't hit guys in stride.

ndsubison1
09-27-2009, 02:19 AM
ive been supporting mertens thus far until about the fourth quarter in this game... time to go to Mohler

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-27-2009, 02:20 AM
merten's isn't great, i'll agree with that. our receivers can't catch. shamen catches that quick slant and he's probably gone. its stupid penalties that are doing us in. horner on that punt, wtf?? stupid fake fg. at least try and kick it, or if you're going to run a fake have a backup qb as your holder. we just aren't a good football team right now.

i guess if I was looking at the glass half-full - win out and still probably make the playoffs (i wouldn't put money on it though)

Are you kidding me? The ball was thrown behind him, like all the other passes tonight. Our receivers are doing a great job. Every time they catch the ball its a minor miracle.

Don't give me the same BS, that all the Merten's appoligists were using last year.

Its not the receivers fault. ITS THE QB!!!!

cvbison1
09-27-2009, 02:21 AM
Are you kidding me? The ball was thrown behind him, like all the other passes tonight. Our receivers are doing a great job. Every time they catch the ball its a minor miracle.

Don't give me the same BS, that all the Merten's appoligists were using last year.

don't give urself a heart attack angry elf. you gota be mighty close

Scooter1
09-27-2009, 02:24 AM
OK. It's time to play Mohler.

SDbison
09-27-2009, 02:34 AM
EPIC FAIL NICK

SDbison
09-27-2009, 02:36 AM

I'd say those should be towards the top of the list when evaluating what you want in a QB
Ding Ding Ding........we got a winner! (well, loser if talking about mertens)

runtheoption
09-27-2009, 02:38 AM
From my last post on the "Where you at Mertens haters" thread

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17535&page=8

"and then we will be having this same freaking discussion the following week after he plays poorly against Southern Illinois."

NDSUDude
09-27-2009, 02:41 AM
We have a lot bigger problems than Mertens

SDbison
09-27-2009, 02:41 AM
From my last post on the "Where you at Mertens haters" thread

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17535&page=8

"and then we will be having this same freaking discussion the following week after he plays poorly against Southern Illinois."

Good call.........too bad the coaches can't pull their head out........

mgbison
09-27-2009, 02:42 AM
i will agree with the season basically lost, you might as well give Mohler game time to see what he has and get him ready for next year. esp, with our brutal early schedule next year. you never know, he may have some walkerness in him, and we run the table the rest of the year.

Kevin
09-27-2009, 02:44 AM
Make the change now. Nothing to lose.

EndZoneQB
09-27-2009, 02:44 AM

His mechanics ARE not there...it's so frustrating to see that as a fan, why don't the coaches see that??

Enlighten us, what would those be?? The defense played well enough to give us a win tonight. Do you need to be reminded we scored seven, I repeat SEVEN offensive points. The coaches had zero faith in Nick at the end of the game, you can read it just by looking at the play calling. I understand staying with your staple, but the clock is ticking!

Mechanics anyone??????????????

BisManBison
09-27-2009, 02:55 AM
I have a serious problem with this thread in that it attacks one of our players directly. I'm as frustrated as anyone with how our team is playing right now, but I don't think you can pin it on one player. I think some of it is Mertens and some of it is coaching/play calling. But that's just my opinion.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-27-2009, 02:57 AM
I have a serious problem with this thread in that it attacks one of our players directly. I'm as frustrated as anyone with how our team is playing right now, but I don't think you can pin it on one player. I think some of it is Mertens and some of it is coaching/play calling. But that's just my opinion.

It needs to be brought to the fore front.

No way to sugar coat it.

Sorry if it offends you, but it has to be said.

EndZoneQB
09-27-2009, 02:58 AM

It's one thing to say "he sucks", it's another thing all together to say "he does x, x, and x wrong".

THEsocalledfan
09-27-2009, 02:59 AM

Okay, one very good point in this post:

It is not Mertens fault he is still playing.......

BisManBison
09-27-2009, 03:00 AM
It needs to be brought to the fore front.

No way to sugar coat it.

Sorry if it offends you, but it has to be said.

The thing I took away from tonights game was having him going under center when we needed to throw. I just don't get why you have your quarterback wasting time dropping back when he could spend that time looking for an open receiver. Now he might miss that open receiver, like he did when McNorton was wide open on a big third down in the 2nd half, but at least try to give him a chance. If you don't think he can delivery, then you have to take him out.

Bisonfan1
09-27-2009, 03:03 AM
The thing I took away from tonights game was having him going under center when we needed to throw. I just don't get why you have your quarterback wasting time dropping back when he could spend that time looking for an open receiver. Now he might miss that open receiver, like he did when McNorton was wide open on a big third down in the 2nd half, but at least try to give him a chance. If you don't think he can delivery, then you have to take him out.

Really, are you kidding ???

runtheoption
09-27-2009, 03:03 AM
It's one thing to say "he sucks", it's another thing all together to say "he does x, x, and x wrong".

Which is worse? To say "he sucks" or to say "he throws inaccurately, he throws the most untimley interceptions ever, he stares down receivers, his throwing mechanics are terrible, he doesn't make the correct reads/progressions/check-downs, he seems to get happy feet, and he consistently throws passes off the wrong foot"?

Not sure what you are getting at.

bisonmike2
09-27-2009, 03:04 AM
Really, are you kidding ???

it makes sense for me.

CarringtonBison
09-27-2009, 03:04 AM
I will enlighten you. I am not a Mertens lover, nor am I a hater; I think we need to give Mohler a try to get a spark.

However, everyone on the radio pointed to the DROPPED PASS that they stated was right there by shamen as a key turning point. We may not have scored on that drive, but we were driving and that took the wind out of the sails. If I remember correctly, we were only down three at that time and they went down to score and go up by 10. Who cares if it was a bit behind him-he is a goddamn 6th year senior and should make that catch!! Mertens needs receivers to help him out as well and I don't see that.

Punting-WTF. Seriously, he had several HORRIBLE punts tonight that continuously put SIU in fantastic field position and when he had a chance to put them deep in their own territory, he got a touchback. The field was turned against us all night. No matter who the QB is, it is hard to finish 80 yard drive after 80 yard drive.

Stupid penalities, tripping, false starts, running into the returner to give them the ball at the 35.

Defense played well, but a 61 yard WIDE OPEN pass play. However, they gave us the chance to win.

Of all the losses this year I am the most pissed off at this one. We should have won and played like a bunch of idiots and made mistakes that simply were not there previously. With Mertens at QB, we need to play better (e.g. no penalties to back us up) and that wasn't done.

Flame away all you want at Mertens, but he was NOT the biggest problem tonight. The change needs to be made, but don't put it all on his shoulders!

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-27-2009, 03:06 AM
I will enlighten you. I am not a Mertens lover, nor am I a hater; I think we need to give Mohler a try to get a spark.

However, everyone on the radio pointed to the DROPPED PASS that they stated was right there by shamen as a key turning point. We may not have scored on that drive, but we were driving and that took the wind out of the sails. If I remember correctly, we were only down three at that time and they went down to score and go up by 10. Who cares if it was a bit behind him-he is a goddamn 6th year senior and should make that catch!! Mertens needs receivers to help him out as well and I don't see that.

Punting-WTF. Seriously, he had several HORRIBLE punts tonight that continuously put SIU in fantastic field position and when he had a chance to put them deep in their own territory, he got a touchback. The field was turned against us all night. No matter who the QB is, it is hard to finish 80 yard drive after 80 yard drive.

Stupid penalities, tripping, false starts, running into the returner to give them the ball at the 35.

Defense played well, but a 61 yard WIDE OPEN pass play. However, they gave us the chance to win.

Of all the losses this year I am the most pissed off at this one. We should have won and played like a bunch of idiots and made mistakes that simply were not there previously. With Mertens at QB, we need to play better (e.g. no penalties to back us up) and that wasn't done.

Flame away all you want at Mertens, but he was NOT the biggest problem tonight. The change needs to be made, but don't put it all on his shoulders!

They may have said "dropped pass" on the radio, but on video it was thrown behind him.

IzzyFlexion
09-27-2009, 03:07 AM

Very good and rational summary.

bisonmike2
09-27-2009, 03:09 AM

It appears that our only talent this year is in our ability to lose games in a variety of different ways.

HandoEX
Which is worse? To say "he sucks" or to say "he throws inaccurately, he throws the most untimley interceptions ever, he stares down receivers, his throwing mechanics are terrible, he doesn't make the correct reads/progressions/check-downs, he seems to get happy feet, and he consistently throws passes off the wrong foot"?

I think he's saying that it's not a personal attack to point out a player's mistakes.

EndZoneQB

I'm getting at the fact saying he "sucks" is basically name calling. If you are going to say something about him, atleast have a real reason.

Edit:
I think he's saying that it's not a personal attack to point out a player's mistakes.

This.

Bisonguy
09-27-2009, 03:10 AM

That's kinda one of the cornerstones of the WCO. Maybe a new scheme is needed?

walknroehl
09-27-2009, 03:11 AM
it makes sense for me.

Of course it would. Go back to your Madden game mmkay?

Bison bison
09-27-2009, 03:12 AM

Watchout, Bisonguy. There are some great football minds on here tonight.

bisonmike2
09-27-2009, 03:13 AM
Of course it would. Go back to your Madden game mmkay?

It's NCAA 2010. You obviously don't pay attention. Jeez, everyone's a huge dick tonight. We lost. GET OVER IT! This ain't the first time and it sure as hell isn't going to be the last.

BisManBison

Corrrect me if I'm wrong, but didn't we line Walker up in the shotgun in obvious passing downs?

Bisonguy
Watchout, Bisonguy. There are some great football minds on here tonight.

Maybe Bohl should be fired. An overwhelming list of capable replacements could be found here. :nod:

ndsubison1
09-27-2009, 03:14 AM

maybe we can go under center and run the wild cat... LOL

NDSU1980
09-27-2009, 03:16 AM
I'm getting at the fact saying he "sucks" is basically name calling. If you are going to say something about him, at least have a real reason.

Well, he can't throw accurately. He stares down the receiver. He doesn't get rid of the ball when he's about to get sacked, and he has as many INT's as he has TD passes. Lastly, he's lost more games for us then he's won.

That took 44 words and 2 will accomplish the same thing. Mertens sucked.

Bison bison
maybe we can go under center and run the wild cat... LOL

I have been saying that for weeks!

:)

4mcruenomore
this year doesn't matter, it's done. Now we play for pride, rivalry, tailgating, drinking with friends. We truly are the "state" of the football arena, etc...Colorado State, Iowa State, Montana State, etc...

IzzyFlexion
It's NCAA 2010. You obviously don't pay attention. Jeez, everyone's a huge dick tonight. We lost. GET OVER IT! This ain't the first time and it sure as hell isn't going to be the last.

I'm somewhere in the middle about your prediction ("isn't going to be the last"). The MIDDLE being the middle of 199.6% and 199.8% certain.

HerdBot
09-27-2009, 03:19 AM
You can put it in the hall of shame, but you cannot deny the truth.

The defense showed up. We did everything we needed to win, except execute on offense when we really, really needed to.

Merten's can't hit a bull in the ass at 5 yards. Consistently off target all night long.

HE NEEDS TO GO.

I wouldn't say he sucks but he's not the type of player that's going to go out and put the team on his shoulders. He's a good game manager. But this team needs a guy who can occasionally go outand win a game with his arm.

I think he's capable if winning every game except for sdsu and uni. If bowl thinks moehler can win those games then we should play him next week or at least give him some reps. If not stick with nick.

EndZoneQB
09-27-2009, 03:19 AM
Well, he can't throw accurately. He stares down the receiver. He doesn't get rid of the ball when he's about to get sacked, and he has as many INT's as he has TD passes. Lastly, he's lost more games for us then he's won.

That took 44 words and 2 will accomplish the same thing. Mertens sucked.

lmao. 10 characters.

Bisonguy
09-27-2009, 03:22 AM
Corrrect me if I'm wrong, but didn't we line Walker up in the shotgun in obvious passing downs?

Typically when a 40 or 80 yard pass was needed.

Then again, Walker was under center for his last collegiate pass that he completed to the guy in the blue jersey. Maybe the shotgun should be used more.

westnodak93bison
09-27-2009, 03:23 AM
put it this way, any one of our QB's can hand the ball off.
We cant pass the ball with 8 in the box for cripes sake. Give Jose a chance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdUr5hF0yGc

yellowstreak
09-27-2009, 03:31 AM
This reminds me a little of T-Jack last year with the Viks. Last year T-Jack had sub-par play even though every defense keyed on the run. It's one thing to play poorly when the defense is keying on the pass, but when one or two safeties is playing shallow, an average QB should be able to light it up. T-Jack couldn't do it, the Viks get Favre and suddenly they are Super Bowl contenders.

Paschall is the equivalent to Peterson in the FCS. Even though all the defenses are keying on the run, Mertens still isn't dominating. That tells me he isn't even an average QB. Put an average QB in and he will look like Dan Marino.

Another thing to look at to evaluate a QB is the two minute drill.
Walker/2:00 = 7
Merens/2:00 = INT

Based on what I said above, that Mertens is not an average QB, why would the Coaching staff not try out one of the back-ups? There is a good chance one of the back-ups is at least an average QB.

When is the last time we had a QB of this skill level....Gorder?

I will say that letting Mertens scrabble more often is a good idea. He seams to be pretty good at scrabbling and if he gets hurt in the process, oh well.

Bisonwinagn
09-27-2009, 03:53 AM
Let's make the change and see what happens. Then we will know if it's Mertens or the system. I"m thinking the problem is 75% system 25% Mertens. Either way I hope the players continue to play hard and we find a way to upset UNI. How fun would that be.

THEsocalledfan
09-27-2009, 03:55 AM
He's a good game manager.

Okay, you lost me. Game manager? Look at Favre's numbers. Low, yards, yes, but no INTs and HIGH completion percentage. That is a game manager. This play is crap.

HerdBot
09-27-2009, 04:34 AM
Okay, you lost me. Game manager? Look at Favre's numbers. Low, yards, yes, but no INTs and HIGH completion percentage. That is a game manager. This play is crap.

Well, Favre has been in every game but he hasn't been asked to win a game with his arm because we've been ahead.

Mertens seems to throw picks at the end of the game after we fall behind and he had to win the game by throwing. Actually, 1 pick was on a hail mary at the end of a half. 2 more were on tipped balls. The only real bad one was against Wagner when the DE read the screen.

So in reality, he's not throwing picks at the end of the game. He's just not accurate at the end of the game. It's like he's scared to make a mistake.

A West Coast QB needs to throw better than 60%, especially when we never take shots down the field.

steelbison
09-27-2009, 05:49 AM
i will agree with the season basically lost, you might as well give Mohler game time to see what he has and get him ready for next year. esp, with our brutal early schedule next year. you never know, he may have some walkerness in him, and we run the table the rest of the year.

I love Steve Walker, and Mertens is no Steve Walker...but if you think there is anyway Steve in his prime would have won this game you are sadly mistaken.

This team has zero weapons other than the RB..zero.....Did we run shotgun tonight?? No..we are playaction passing on 3rd and long..????

Now big question...are we running this ultra conservative offense because of the QB? WR's? or combination??

Right now we have a great run blocking O=line(pretty poor in pass blocking_, and QB and WR's that arent that good..

I don't care if your god your not passing the ball effectively with that..

THEsocalledfan
09-27-2009, 11:24 AM
A West Coast QB needs to throw better than 60%, especially when we never take shots down the field.

Glad you have some sense of reason....

I read his stats today. 9 for 20 with just over a 100 yards. My goodness, how long willl it take this coaching staff to wake up and smell the coffee? You CANNOT win with those numbers in a West Coast offense no matter how good your running game is.

Finally, good QB's more often make great receivers, not the other way around. Why was Jerry Rice so dominate? He had Montana and Young. The cheeseheads had numerous receivers who turned into studs by playing with #4. I have little doubt receiver play would improve if we had someone who can deliver the ball.

TransAmBison
09-27-2009, 12:10 PM
After last weekend I think I am going to give myself one more day before posting actual thoughts...carry on.

bisonmike2
09-27-2009, 12:16 PM
Glad you have some sense of reason....

I read his stats today. 9 for 20 with just over a 100 yards. My goodness, how long willl it take this coaching staff to wake up and smell the coffee? You CANNOT win with those numbers in a West Coast offense no matter how good your running game is.

Finally, good QB's more often make great receivers, not the other way around. Why was Jerry Rice so dominate? He had Montana and Young. The cheeseheads had numerous receivers who turned into studs by playing with #4. I have little doubt receiver play would improve if we had someone who can deliver the ball.

Bohl's quote in the paper today.

“We missed some opportunities, but this is a talented secondary,” NDSU head coach Craig Bohl said of SIU. “Hopefully we’ll throw the ball a little bit better.”

I hope this isn't some sort of excuse for Mertens. If the definition of a talented secondary is holding Mertens to under 50% passing and around 100 yards, well we've played about 13 "talented" secondaries in the past 2 years.

unbison
09-27-2009, 12:54 PM

“We missed some opportunities, but this is a talented secondary,” NDSU head coach Craig Bohl said of SIU. “Hopefully we’ll throw the ball a little bit better.”

I hope this isn't some sort of excuse for Mertens. If the definition of a talented secondary is holding Mertens to under 50% passing and around 100 yards, well we've played about 13 "talented" secondaries in the past 2 years.
if he has to make excuses for his players he is essentially making excuses as to why he recruited them..... gave them scholarships....gave them playing time..... and let terrible plays be called.... so he is trying to excuse himself:D

westnodak93bison
09-27-2009, 01:02 PM
If we are gonna only throw the ball a dozen times a game then what would it hurt to try Mohler? Time for some old school logic imho.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time." Max McGee

rockybison
09-27-2009, 01:11 PM
"win out and make the playoffs" now that is the most stupid statement i've ever heard (read)

bisonmike2
09-27-2009, 01:20 PM
"win out and make the playoffs" now that is the most stupid statement i've ever heard (read)

Did someone really say that on this board? I haven't seen it but if someone did, I hereby nominate that for preposterous statement of the year.

RRVBISON
09-27-2009, 02:00 PM
I've been a Mertens supporter in the past. I'm done. I've been as patient as I can be. His record speaks for its self. I understand that all the losses he has been involved in haven't been all his fault, but he has never been able to pick up his teammates when they are down. It's seems like the rest of the team is constantly doing this for him. Let's see Jose. Please mercifully end the Mertens era.:banghead:

EndZoneQB
09-27-2009, 02:17 PM

Same shit, different day. That last quote pisses me off, "hopefully we'll throw the ball a little bit better". It should atleast read, "We NEED to be throwing the ball better, we'll evaluate our options for Homecoming this week."

Jdubs21
09-27-2009, 02:38 PM

the defense played good enough to keep us in the game, to many 3 and outs towards the end that tired the defense, only thing we could do is run the ball we became 1 dimensional just like last year, now really mertens didnt play that bad but he just cant consistently get us yards through the air, could u imagine the yards paschall would put up if we had an air attack? we scored 7 points against a defense who didnt seem to be all that great, we scored the other 7 off a fluke play, so yes i will put this on mertens

IzzyFlexion
09-27-2009, 03:22 PM

Well, he sure got the "missed opportunities" right. NDSU dominated in time of posession 37 minutes+ to 22 minutes+ but when when you only convert 5 out of 16 3rd downs I'd say that's "missing some opportunities". Oh, and how many of those 3rd downs were passing situations? If this stat alone doesn't click with the coaches....I have little hope for a turn around.

OldBison
09-27-2009, 03:31 PM

Absolutely correct! Biggest problem is a HC who sucks at making game time decisions and can't recruit. Other than that he's okay.

aces1180
09-27-2009, 03:39 PM
Absolutely correct! Biggest problem is a HC who sucks at making game time decisions and can't recruit. Other than that he's okay.

Oh calls for fake FGs on 4th and 18, when we need points.

unbison
09-27-2009, 03:50 PM

Spot on!!!!!!!

bisonhp330
09-27-2009, 05:19 PM
Follow Me!!!

MPLSbisonFAN
09-27-2009, 05:32 PM
Yeah there are big problems on this team, but it starts with the leader at QB. Mertens has show that he cannot lead the bison to victory when it matters. He showed last game the same things he showed all last season, that he just can't get it done when it counts. It's time for a change.

unbison
09-27-2009, 05:47 PM
Yeah there are big problems on this team, but it starts with the leader at QB. Mertens has show that he cannot lead the bison to victory when it matters. He showed last game the same things he showed all last season, that he just can't get it done when it counts. It's time for a change.
absolutely incorrect leadership starts at the top!!!!! which is not a 22 year old qb it is the coach!

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-27-2009, 05:49 PM
absolutely incorrect leadership starts at the top!!!!! which is not a 22 year old qb it is the coach!

True, but the QB is terrible as well.

MPLSbisonFAN
09-27-2009, 05:53 PM

I've played football before, and when your on the field you look for the QB for leadership in games not the coaching staff. Being 22 doesn't mean squat, walker was 20 and was a better leader than mertens. It seemed walkers players loved to rally around him on the field not the coach. Mertens just sucks on the field in big opportunity games period.

EndZoneQB
09-27-2009, 05:55 PM
I've played football before, and when your on the field you look for the QB for leadership in games not the coaching staff. Being 22 doesn't mean squat, walker was 20 and was a better leader than mertens. It seemed walkers players loved to rally around him on the field not the coach. Mertens just sucks on the field in big opportunity games period.

Exactly the point I've been making in a few of my posts. Leadership BEGINS with the coach, but the buck stops ON THE FIELD!

unbison
09-27-2009, 06:10 PM
Exactly the point I've been making in a few of my posts. Leadership BEGINS with the coach, but the buck stops ON THE FIELD!
so the coach keeps putting him out there and with the bisonville braintrust calling for him to be benched...... obviously the coach is a dipsquid

EndZoneQB
09-27-2009, 06:19 PM
so the coach keeps putting him out there and with the bisonville braintrust calling for him to be benched...... obviously the coach is a dipsquid

Well, can't really argue with that point right now.

A1pigskin
09-27-2009, 07:31 PM
It would be interesting to see Jose play a few series. Maybe he can throw deep.

BisoninNWMN
09-27-2009, 09:08 PM
All you guys that think Mertens sucks......If the other 2 QBs were better dont you think they would be in there.

Or is Bohl going to stick with Mertens come hell or high-water.

IMO....maybe Mohler and Perez are not the best QBs right now. Would a change make a difference right now......I don't know....Try it??....why not

I have been a Mertens supporter, saw the kid play in HS, but at 1-3 right now, maybe a change would spark this team.

What I do know is that I will be in my seat on sat cheering my ass off!!!

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-27-2009, 09:23 PM
All you guys that think Mertens sucks......If the other 2 QBs were better dont you think they would be in there.
Or is Bohl going to stick with Mertens come hell or high-water.

IMO....maybe Mohler and Perez are not the best QBs right now. Would a change make a difference right now......I don't know....Try it??....why not

I have been a Mertens supporter, saw the kid play in HS, but at 1-3 right now, maybe a change would spark this team.

What I do know is that I will be in my seat on sat cheering my ass off!!!

Not necessarily, coaches have favorites, or "pets" if you will, just like everywhere else on this planet. Favoritism is everywhere you go. School, job, clubs, civic orgnaizations, politics, .......you get the point. Bohl has alot invested in Nick. This is his "man." He recruited him, he was so sure that he was going to be the best QB NDSU has ever saw, that he even failed to recruit any other QB "just in case."

So you see, in Bohl's eye's Nick is great. He can't see it any other way. We've all seen the excuses for his poor porformances.

In the end, we are loosing and its time for a change. Just because someone "practices" well doesn't mean it will translate into a game time situation.

We need a change. We have nothing to loose. Nick is a senor. Give the backups starting experience for the future.

BisoninNWMN
09-27-2009, 09:28 PM
Not necessarily, coaches have favorites, or "pets" if you will, just like everywhere else on this planet. Favoritism is everywhere you go. School, job, clubs, civic orgnaizations, politics, .......you get the point. Bohl has alot invested in Nick. This is his "man." He recruited him, he was so sure that he was going to be the best QB NDSU has ever saw, that he even failed to recruit any other QB "just in case."

So you see, in Bohl's eye's Nick is great. He can't see it any other way. We've all seen the excuses for his poor porformances.

In the end, we are loosing and its time for a change. Just because someone "practices" well doesn't mean it will translate into a game time situation.

We need a change. We have nothing to loose. Nick is a senor. Give the backups starting experience for the future.

You make a lot of assumptions about Bohl.

Maybe is a better QB. But giving the 2nd QB a chance might be the spark this team needs.

I feel for Mertens cus he was all-world at east-side......but not everyone is a stud in college....:(

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-27-2009, 09:34 PM
You make a lot of assumptions about Bohl.

Maybe is a better QB. But giving the 2nd QB a chance might be the spark this team needs.

I feel for Mertens cus he was all-world at east-side......but not everyone is a stud in college....:(

Those assumptions can be translated to everyone, everywhere. Favoritism is a constant of the human condition. Everyone is "guilty" of it at one time or another. No one is above it. Just a fact of life. The key to being a great leader is being able to recognize it and rise above it. You have to put your personal feelings aside and do what is best for the organization that you are currently the leader of. In this case, head coach of NDSU football.

Nick may have been great is HS, but this is an entirely different game. He can't adjust to the speed.

bisontwice
09-27-2009, 09:39 PM
I am sure bohl, vigen and the rest of the coaches are more qualified than anyone else on these blogs to assess the talent of mertens or any of the other players......after all it is there profession. Unless you are at every practice, meeting etc. I don't think you can really evaluate players.

If mertens isn't the best QB right now I doubt he would be out there due to "favoritism" afterall unlike the bloggers, someones job actually depends on their ability to coach and evaluate talent.

BisoninNWMN
09-27-2009, 09:41 PM
Those assumptions can be translated to everyone, everywhere. Favoritism is a constant of the human condition. Everyone is "guilty" of it at one time or another. No one is above it. Just a fact of life. The key to being a great leader is being able to recognize it and rise above it. You have to put your personal feelings aside and do what is best for the organization that you are currently the leader of. In this case, head coach of NDSU football.

Nick may have been great is HS, but this is an entirely different game. He can't adjust to the speed.

You may be right if Mertens continues to play subpar and the 2nd is not given a chance. But we have 7 more games left to play.....we'll see.

Favoritism???????......... not always the case. I had a buddy that wanted me to give him a job and I said no-way cus he is a slacker.......

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-27-2009, 09:42 PM
I am sure bohl, vigen and the rest of the coaches are more qualified than anyone else on these blogs to assess the talent of mertens or any of the other players......after all it is there profession. Unless you are at every practice, meeting etc. I don't think you can really evaluate players.

If mertens isn't the best QB right now I doubt he would be out there due to "favoritism" afterall unlike the bloggers, someones job actually depends on their ability to coach and evaluate talent.

What has been tried in the past isn't working.

Time for a change.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-27-2009, 09:46 PM
You may be right if Mertens continues to play subpar and the 2nd is not given a chance. But we have 7 more games left to play.....we'll see.

Favoritism???????......... not always the case. I had a buddy that wanted me to give him a job and I said no-way cus he is a slacker.......

I've done the same. But, I can honestly say that I have some employees that I like better than other ones. Its just how it is. No one is entirely above it.

If I remember right from previous posts, you have a honey business. I did that job when I was in high school and college. A very hard physical job. I enjoyed the hell out of it. Very hard to find employees, I'm sure.

BisoninNWMN
09-27-2009, 09:49 PM
I've done the same. But, I can honestly say that I have some employees that I like better than other ones. Its just how it is. No one is entirely above it.

If I remember right from previous posts, you have a honey business. I did that job when I was in high school and college. A very hard physical job. I enjoyed the hell out of it. Very hard to find employees, I'm sure.

Ya, it is hard to find help.....that is why I have 6 Nicauragians and 2 Mexicans working for me......lol

Hard works builds character.....:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-27-2009, 09:56 PM
Ya, it is hard to find help.....that is why I have 6 Nicauragians and 2 Mexicans working for me......lol

Funny, when I was younger the bee apiary in my town(spelling?) used to be run entirely by high school and college kids. Now they can't get any of those kids to work that hard. Take that for what its worth.

Never, I mean never, hire a your friends, unless you don't want to be friends with them for long. :D

For the record, I resent the hell out of titleing this thread the way I did. Lack of judgement in the heat of the moment. My bad.

94 Bison
09-27-2009, 10:23 PM
Funny, when I was younger the bee apiary in my town(spelling?) used to be run entirely by high school and college kids. Now they can't get any of those kids to work that hard. Take that for what its worth.

Never, I mean never, hire a your friends, unless you don't want to be friends with them for long. :D

For the record, I resent the hell out of titleing this thread the way I did. Lack of judgement in the heat of the moment. My bad.

I would think the Mods would change the title. Since you have had some time to cool off, perhaps you could come up with something that shows you have a little more class.

CarringtonBison
09-27-2009, 10:24 PM
I would think the Mods would change the title. Since you have had some time to cool off, perhaps you could come up with something that shows you have a little more class.

Mods....This^

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-27-2009, 10:37 PM

I've tried, but I don't know how to do it. Not very computer savvy. :hide:

unbison
09-27-2009, 11:33 PM

I agree on the hard work...... but could it be pay that has your employee pool under ins investigation

remember it is just a question

NDSU1980
09-28-2009, 12:48 AM

So, you want Mertens to keep playing. What a joke. Mertens has done more damage to the Bison then any other individual in recent memory. I do not want him to "continue to play subpar" as you said. He's done that for two seasons now

Bison bison
09-28-2009, 01:02 AM

Are you referring to incorrectly inserting an apostrophe or that you personally attacked a NDSU student-athlete?

BisoninNWMN
09-28-2009, 01:11 AM
I agree on the hard work...... but could it be pay that has your employee pool under ins investigation

remember it is just a question

WTF.....as usual you have no clue what u are talking about. If you need to know, it is called the H2A agricultural worker program where foreign workers can come to this country to work for 10 months then go home. They work hard and wire their money home to their families.

If you are so worried about what I pay just PM me and I can give you the phone# of any of my "white" workers and you can ask them what their pay is.

....NO CLUE...right unbison

BisoninNWMN
09-28-2009, 01:13 AM
So, you want Mertens to keep playing. What a joke. Mertens has done more damage to the Bison then any other individual in recent memory. I do not want him to "continue to play subpar" as you said. He's done that for two seasons now

Where did I say that??

What frickin damage are you talking about??

Football is a game buddy, that's it. Mertens is a good kid that comes from a very good family.

Get a clue.

56BISON73
09-28-2009, 01:20 AM

You need to quit posting as you have gotten exceedingly more stupid with each post you have made.

NDSU1980
09-28-2009, 01:27 AM
You need to quit posting as you have gotten exceedingly more stupid with each post you have made.

I don't know any one issue that has divided us more then Mertens. Even back in 2002 I don't think I heard this much complaining on the net. I wasn't a member here then, but there were other sources. At any rate, I stand by my comment. Mertens is tearing us apart.

BisoninNWMN
09-28-2009, 01:29 AM
I don't know any one issue that has divided us more then Mertens. Even back in 2002 I don't think I heard this much complaining on the net. I wasn't a member here then, but there were other sources. At any rate, I stand by my comment. Mertens is tearing us apart.

Good G*D!!

Tearing a message board apart??........LOL

PL......Good comment

56BISON73
09-28-2009, 01:31 AM
Good G*D!!

Tearing a message board apart??........LOL

PL......Good comment

the idiocy is astounding!!!!

tjbison
09-28-2009, 01:35 AM
I think this thread belongs right below the Bibeau Sucks thread in the HOS:banghead: I mean he is still a Bison that gives his all but we would just like to see one of the other 3 scholarship QB's on the team give it a shot

TransAmBison
09-28-2009, 01:42 AM
Where did I say that??

What frickin damage are you talking about??

Football is a game buddy, that's it. Mertens is a good kid that comes from a very good family.

Get a clue.

Caught myself again...TAB will be posting...but not tonight. Letting the venom wear off. I don't want to have to retract anything...

BisoninNWMN
09-28-2009, 01:43 AM
Caught myself again...TAB will be posting...but not tonight. Letting the venom wear off. I don't want to have to retract anything...

Come on TAB.....say what you want!!!

TransAmBison
09-28-2009, 01:47 AM
Come on TAB.....say what you want!!!
It will come...but I would rather do it with a clear head and with a bit of humor/sarcasm. Enough people are bit***** that I don't need to as well. :nod:

56BISON73
09-28-2009, 01:50 AM

Looks like you cant take the same crap you like to dish out so you neg rep me??? LOL. FYI bozo its you who has been bitching about Mertens. Or are you so delusional you can remember what the hell you post? LOL
Learn to take what you dish out or STFU.

Latest Reputation Received ThreadDatePosted
ByCommenthttp://www.bisonville.com/forum/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gifMerten's sucks (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?p=309200#post309200)09-27-2009 08:33 PM
NDSU1980 (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/member.php?u=1597)
Well, just keep bitching. It seems to be what you are good at. I normally don't give neg rep, especially to our own, but you seem hell bent on starting something

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-28-2009, 02:21 AM
Are you referring to incorrectly inserting an apostrophe or that you personally attacked a NDSU student-athlete?

Both................

Bison101
09-28-2009, 02:23 AM
I agree. Mertens is controversial to say the least. All I want is someone to win games. I want our Brett Favre.