PDA

View Full Version : If we beat Southern Illinois ...

Swany
09-24-2009, 03:22 AM
If we beat Southern Illinois this weekend -- and assuming we take care of business at Homecoming against Illinois State -- does the Northern Iowa game become the biggest/most important home game in the history of the Fargodome?

DjKyRo
09-24-2009, 03:26 AM
It's definitely big....but I'd say any future playoff game we get at home would trump in terms of biggest. If this team turns it around, defying all naysayers and upsetting the sh!t out of SIU and UNI, then takes that momentum all the way to a Natty, I think that every game this season will be big - particularly those against SIU, UNI and SDSU. I'm not trying to send a "Bison are good no matter what" vibe here, and of course I realize that the odds of pulling something like this off are very slim - that said, it's these kinds of games that look great when history gets chalked down.

Twentysix
09-24-2009, 03:29 AM
It's definitely big....but I'd say any future playoff game we get at home would trump in terms of biggest. If this team turns it around, defying all naysayers and upsetting the sh!t out of SIU and UNI, then takes that momentum all the way to a Natty, I think that every game this season will be big - particularly those against SIU, UNI and SDSU. I'm not trying to send a "Bison are good no matter what" vibe here, and of course I realize that the odds of pulling something like this off are very slim - that said, it's these kinds of games that look great when history gets chalked down.

We can totally win, but im gonna guess that rock your smoking is green and yellow. :D

DjKyRo
09-24-2009, 03:31 AM
We can totally win, but im gonna guess that rock your smoking is green and yellow. :D

The walls are the same color....I should probably see a doctor. :D

The point I'm trying to make is hey, look at the Giants two Super Bowls ago. They went into that game and I'm sure a lot of fans lost all hope because oh gosh, they were playing the 16-0 Patriots. How good did the guys who stuck with the team look suddenly? What's more, how much better does it feel to have good faith rewarded rather than be proven wrong on a poor expectation?

CaBisonFan
09-24-2009, 03:32 AM
If we beat Southern Illinois this weekend -- and assuming we take care of business at Homecoming against Illinois State -- does the Northern Iowa game become the biggest/most important home game in the history of the Fargodome?

Without a doubt Swany.

lakesbison
09-24-2009, 03:33 AM
WHAT AM I CHOPPED LIVER???

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17574&highlight=biggest

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ndsubison1
09-24-2009, 03:50 AM

it will be the biggest until we have a home playoff game

Swany
09-24-2009, 04:01 AM
I agree a playoff game would be bigger, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. My question is through October 10, 2009 -- if we win the next two games -- does the UNI game become the biggest game to date since the Dome opened in 1993?

While we are on the topic, I'll throw this out there. What is the biggest Bison game the Dome has hosted thus far? My vote is the 2006 regular season finale where we beat SDSU for the Great West Championship and Dakota Marker.

NDSUstudent
09-24-2009, 04:14 AM
2000 vs UND would be the biggest ever without a doubt, that game spring boarded NDSU into a deep run in the postseason. In this situation a win over UNI could very well have the same result. That said, lets not get that far ahead of ourselves, we must dispose of the Brawny Man first.

met1990
09-24-2009, 04:20 AM
While we are on the topic, I'll throw this out there. What is the biggest Bison game the Dome has hosted thus far? My vote is the 2006 regular season finale where we beat SDSU for the Great West Championship and Dakota Marker.

Good question Swany. I have to vote for that game as well. It capped off a tremendous year. The '00 UND win helped get NDSU into the playoffs, but I think the '06 conference title really solidified the success of the D-I transition, which to me is ultimately a bigger deal than the '00 playoff run. Both were awesome, but that's my opinion.

4mcruenomore
09-24-2009, 04:26 AM
I hope we win, but I'd bet we lose by 2 TD's atleast. And Coach UND will run it up on us b/c he hates us and wishes he was coaching UND, plus Bohl doesn't get rivalry's. IMMFO.

mgbison
09-24-2009, 05:41 AM
i don't see how everyone thinks SIU is going to beat the crap out of us. Every conference game they had last year was close (big games anyways). Lennon's teams always start off good, but don't seem to make good halftime adjustments (and all you see in the 2nd half is lennon yelling at the officals). if we are within 10 at half, i'm going to really like our chances. I have faith vigen will have a gameplan that will be effective. Difference maker is Veldmen. bison by 10.

SDbison
09-24-2009, 02:57 PM
Lets just see what happens this Saturday.........we are big underdogs going into this game and have yet to put an entire game together against a decent opponent in a long time. I give NDSU a 20% chance of winning this game and that is being optimistic.

lakesbison
09-24-2009, 03:12 PM
NDSU is only 5.5 underdogs online. 3 for home team is automatic, so we less than a fg away.

GOTTA GET ON BOARD FIRST, PERIOD, END OF STORY.

99Bison
09-24-2009, 04:32 PM
I agree a playoff game would be bigger, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. My question is through October 10, 2009 -- if we win the next two games -- does the UNI game become the biggest game to date since the Dome opened in 1993?

I would agree with both of these.

onbison09
09-24-2009, 04:44 PM
I hope we win, but I'd bet we lose by 2 TD's atleast. And Coach UND will run it up on us b/c he hates us and wishes he was coaching UND, plus Bohl doesn't get rivalry's. IMMFO.

Yeah he does. You should see some of the emails he sends my dad. All of them in good fun :hide: (really they are) but there's no love lost. We saw him after a Truck hockey game once (we were cheering for Denver. You should've seen how many dirty looks we got :D) and he said he respected what Coach Bohl had done. But no I don't think there's a lot of love lost. My dad made a lot of money off him in high school from the nickel games. :nod:

bisonmike2
09-24-2009, 05:05 PM

Didn't he bail on UND?

NorthernBison
09-24-2009, 05:22 PM
Lets just see what happens this Saturday.........we are big underdogs going into this game and have yet to put an entire game together against a decent opponent in a long time. I give NDSU a 20% chance of winning this game and that is being optimistic.

I'd say the last good four quarter performance from a Bison football team was the 2007 Minnesota game. Since then, the focus hasn't been the same.

I am more optimistic than you are about this game simply because the style of play from SIU is something we have typically handled better than spread offenses. Still, I'm a long way from predicting a win.

bisonmike2
09-24-2009, 05:36 PM
If I were Dale or any other MVFC coach, I'd put in a spread offense for a game versus NDSU. Based off of how we've handled spread offenses in the past, you wouldn't need the practice to operate it successfully.:(

TransAmBison
09-24-2009, 06:01 PM
If I were Dale or any other MVFC coach, I'd put in a spread offense for a game versus NDSU. Based off of how we've handled spread offenses in the past, you wouldn't need the practice to operate it successfully.:(
I would also make sure that there is a 20+ yard pass every 4 plays or so. I would say more than that, but they need to give their defenses a little rest between scores. :hide:

SportsLover
09-24-2009, 06:28 PM
I think we have a chance against Southern Illinois if our defense plays better than it has. The second half vs. Wagner our defense played better. Our cornerbacks and linebackers are the weak points that need to be addressed. I have been very disappointed with bowman this season so far. If our defense steps up, our offense has been moving the ball a lot better than i thought they would. Go Bison!!!!! Fuck lenon

A1pigskin
09-24-2009, 11:19 PM
I would like to see more out of Bowman as well.

onbison09
09-25-2009, 12:41 AM
I would like to see something out of Bowman as well.

Fixed it for ya :hide:

Tatanka
09-25-2009, 01:29 AM
I would like to see more out of Bowman as well.

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=204799308

Swany
09-25-2009, 03:09 PM
Great article on Bowman in an upcoming Bison Illustrated. Spent about 15-20 minutes visiting with him a few days back. He's a very remarkable young man. Hopefully he can get his play on the field ironed out -- it's tough to watch any athlete struggle, particularly someone like Bowman.

Da_Bizon
09-25-2009, 03:14 PM
Has anyone seen a line on the game? BetUS usually does a good job on 1AA games, but for some reason they aren't listing the NDSU-SIU game or Missouri St.-UNI.

onbison09
09-25-2009, 03:18 PM
http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=204799308

Ok now I feel like a dbag. :blush: Sargin has them favored by 14 or something like that.