PDA

View Full Version : Anyone think we can pull a win out of our ass on Sat.??

TheBisonator
09-23-2009, 07:42 PM
I don't think we're going to see a pretty sight come Saturday night on the webcast from Carbondale, but is there any chance in hell that we might somehow get our shit together on defense, play a good balanced offensive game and make no mistakes on special teams and somehow come out with a win?? There's always a part of me in even the lowest of times who thinks my team can come out on the winning end, but there's also this part of me that gets a bad feeling we're going to get demoralized on Saturday.

Bison bison
09-23-2009, 07:45 PM
Absolutely.

Hell, if every part of the team plays well I'd say it's probable.

Unfortunately, I don't see that happening.

Bison"FANatic"
09-23-2009, 07:51 PM
Anygiven Saturday, Anygiven Saturday. It sure is interesting seeing how bison land takes being the underdog. Kind of a different position for us lately.

bisonmike2
09-23-2009, 07:51 PM
Absolutely.

Hell, if every part of the team plays well I'd say it's probable.

Unfortunately, I don't see that happening.

^^^This^^^

I'll be hoping for the best, but expecting the worst. I know Lakes calls this a must win but I'll disagree. If we play this one close it could still give us plenty of momentum for the rest of the year. This is the first conference game against a top ranked opponent on the road. If we win, awesome, our whole season outlook changes. If we lose a close one but are competitive in the game, we still could get momentum from this and turn it into a successful season. If we get blown out and we look horrible, this will be a very long year.

HandoEX
09-23-2009, 07:52 PM
It really comes down to playing a fundamentally sound game and hoping for a few (BIG) mistakes from the Salukis....fumbles, interceptions, costly penalties. It's a team we CAN play with!

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-23-2009, 07:58 PM
If our defense shows up, absolutely we can win.

Sagarin has us as a 20 point underdog. I'll take that bet anytime. :)

MontBison
09-23-2009, 08:02 PM
Hell as negative as I have been I would say we have a shot. But in reality if we do lose a close one is it even possible for us to make the playoffs if we win out, and don't win the conference title?

aces1180
09-23-2009, 08:03 PM
We always have a shot to win...Play tough D, win the turnover battle and play physical football...Do those three things, and the Bison can pull off the upset.

4mcruenomore
09-23-2009, 08:13 PM
I am hoping for the best, but I expect a blowout, unfortunately. Hope I am way wrong.

ndsubison1
09-23-2009, 08:14 PM
gotta limit our mistakes, limit the big plays on defense and get our running game going again, if we do that we have a very good chance to win... unfortunately, i dont think that will happen

also, i said this in another thread: our offense has got to sustain drives and keep control of the clock, that's how we'll win..... if we can keep SIU's offense and our defense off the field we'll have a good shot

HandoEX
09-23-2009, 08:17 PM
Hell as negative as I have been I would say we have a shot. But in reality if we do lose a close one is it even possible for us to make the playoffs if we win out, and don't win the conference title?

At 8-3, with 2 wins over ranked FCS teams (UNI & SDSU will probably both be ranked when we play them), we'd be a lock, no doubt.

onbison09
09-23-2009, 08:40 PM
We always can. We're NDSU.

runtheoption
09-23-2009, 08:43 PM
We absolutely can win this game. Like others said, we just need to play a complete game, not a perfect game. Avoid going down 10-14 points right away so that the Offense can play within their abilities (ball control power running, screens, short passes, some of this new Mertens veer, play action to the TE over the middle). Defense will need to improve dramatically on all fronts over the last 3 weeks, and getting some guys back at LB and the secondary will help. Special teams need to play special and avoid the major screw-ups we saw with Iowa St. and Wagner.

Those things happen, and we can win. I truly hope Mertens has a kick ass game in leading us to a win. However, if his performance is lacking and the Offense is sputtering, I hope the coaches recognize that it is time for a change and let Mohler have a crack.

bisonmike2
09-23-2009, 08:47 PM
Mertens had his best game in his career (imo) last year versus SIU. Let's hope lightning strikes twice.

Tatanka
09-23-2009, 09:01 PM
I have to think that there are wrinkles to the offense that have yet to be put on tape and that this would be an important enough game to get a little creative. I also would like to think that our O-line and running game can make a difference.

OTOH, our defense could suck a basketball through a garden hose so it could be a long long day.

Bottom line: the game better not suck because I already bought tickets.

GOB1SON
09-23-2009, 09:09 PM
We will win.

TransAmBison
09-23-2009, 09:18 PM
I remember a game a number of years back that didn't even need to be played. We were out-matched at basically every position. We even had to travel to the game. It turned out to be a bit of a memorable game. It was the Mud Bowl. Maybe some of you have heard of it? CA has the clips up...might be worth a look if you have some free time.

I sure don't expect a win, but things can happen. Go Bison!

RedRiver
09-23-2009, 09:23 PM
Yes, because the Bison o-line and running game will limit the amount of plays that our defense will have to be on the field.

NDSUstudent
09-23-2009, 09:23 PM
I think we can, hopefully the defense can get a spark with some players coming back from injury and the offense continues to pound the ball behind our great OL.

KilldeerBison
09-23-2009, 09:38 PM
I think we have a good chance for an upset, LET'S GO BISON!!

bisonmike2
09-23-2009, 09:39 PM
http://www.hotflick.net/flicks/1995_Braveheart/Thumb/995BVH_Mel_Gibson_085.jpg

Avg Bison Fan: Now, you've achieved more than anyone ever dreamed. But, fighting these odds, it looks like rage, not courage.

Bisonvillers: It's well beyond rage. Help me. In the name of Christ, help yourselves. Now is our chance. Now. If we join, we can win. If we win, well then we'll have what none of us has ever had before: a high profile MVFC road win of our own.

TransAmBison
09-23-2009, 09:41 PM
http://www.hotflick.net/flicks/1995_Braveheart/Thumb/995BVH_Mel_Gibson_085.jpg

Avg Bison Fan: Now, you've achieved more than anyone ever dreamed. But, fighting these odds, it looks like rage, not courage.

Bisonvillers: It's well beyond rage. Help me. In the name of Christ, help yourselves. Now is our chance. Now. If we join, we can win. If we win, well then we'll have what none of us has ever had before: a high profile MVFC road win of our own.
Post of the day.

rockybison
09-23-2009, 09:44 PM
I want the Bison to pull off a w. It would show to the conference that we are who they thought we would be. Unfortunately, it's going to be ugly. The D is going to be run over and Mertens will be lost.:hide:

Facts
09-23-2009, 10:21 PM
Of course we can pull out a win, but it's going to come down to D, D, D baby! If our defense can improve, and not even that dramatically, then I believe our offense has shown it has the confidence (#2) to put points up on the board. However, our defense has to improve, because up to this point they have been downright poor. All I'm asking for is an average D, ie limit the big plays.

If we win, my guess for number of "My oh My's" is 3.

Herd
09-23-2009, 10:44 PM
Somebody tell the NDSU team that were playing an out-of-conference FBS game against a MAC team . . . then I'd expect to win. But when we play a tough conference game, the results haven't been so good lately, have they.

It's strange isn't it? Why is that? Do we need to be an underdog, or do we need to be "Playing UP" to play well? Something is wrong with the way we are motivated to play conference games against SDSU, WIU, N Iowa, etc vs. OOC games & FBS opponents.

This is the trend that I have seen.

MOTBison
09-23-2009, 10:54 PM
I believe we have the tools and the ability to win, we just need to go down there and do it!!!! No prancing around, just go down and play some hard nosed football. :banghead:

CaBisonFan
09-23-2009, 11:27 PM
I don't think we're going to see a pretty sight come Saturday night on the webcast from Carbondale, but is there any chance in hell that we might somehow get our shit together on defense, play a good balanced offensive game and make no mistakes on special teams and somehow come out with a win?? There's always a part of me in even the lowest of times who thinks my team can come out on the winning end, but there's also this part of me that gets a bad feeling we're going to get demoralized on Saturday.

It isn't possible...it's likely.

Bison101
09-23-2009, 11:29 PM
:hide: We haven't lost by a large margin for a long time. This won't be a blowout.

Trampled
09-23-2009, 11:57 PM
Vigen will have to address the multiple bliztes Nick is going to see. Believe me, Bubba will be coming at him the whole game. If they have an outlet dump pass available on every play and Nick can hit him, we will have a chance. Otherwise it is turnover city. Our D won't be able to stop the run or the pass. Sorry.

heymch86
09-24-2009, 12:17 AM
for every bison to watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6wRkzCW5qI

DjKyRo
09-24-2009, 12:34 AM
honestly guys? Going into this with an "can we pull a win out of our ass" mentality is just asking for disappointment.

Last I checked, We're the North Dakota State Bison.

What I always figured that meant was going into a game expecting to win regardless. Teams have had off years before, it's not like we're the first. But going into a game with the expectation to lose is NOT what Bison Tradition is all about. When we start to expect losing is when that tradition starts to mean less and less.

And hey, if some of you are pissed about the season thus far, check out Hitler's thoughts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GuGqPKP3xw&feature=popular

NDSU1980
09-24-2009, 12:57 AM
We have "Mertens The Wonder Dog" for a QB. How can we lose? Actually, we find out on Saturday.

On any other year I'd still give us a chance to pull it out, and I think on any other year we would pull it out, but lets face the facts here, it's just more of the same. We seem hell bent on keeping what we have even when it doesn't work. Until the necessary changes are made on both offense and defense, call me a man of little faith.

Twentysix
09-24-2009, 01:02 AM

Yes.

Quote for 10 letters.

Jdubs21
09-24-2009, 01:22 AM
Not sure when most of you so called bison fans had your balls removed, but i suggest you get them back wherever u may have lost them...im so sick of this piss poor attitude, alot of you talk about our team has no swagger to them and dont play with any confidence, well as fans we are the 12th man and they feed off of us....i remember a time when we were going into a big ten teams home feild BRAGGING how we are going to WIN that game...hell that was every game!!! what happened so we had a down year who the hell cares, confidence and swagger can make a team better and it starts with us not being so damn negative...honestly this is a BISON FORUM and we have people talking about how we have to pray to god to have a chance...ite BULLS***, show some pride LETS GO BISON!!!!!!!!!! WE WILL WIN SATURDAY, TAKE IT TO THE BANK!

NDSUstudent
09-24-2009, 01:35 AM
Not sure when most of you so called bison fans had your balls removed, but i suggest you get them back wherever u may have lost them...im so sick of this piss poor attitude, alot of you talk about our team has no swagger to them and dont play with any confidence, well as fans we are the 12th man and they feed off of us....i remember a time when we were going into a big ten teams home feild BRAGGING how we are going to WIN that game...hell that was every game!!! what happened so we had a down year who the hell cares, confidence and swagger can make a team better and it starts with us not being so damn negative...honestly this is a BISON FORUM and we have people talking about how we have to pray to god to have a chance...ite BULLS***, show some pride LETS GO BISON!!!!!!!!!! WE WILL WIN SATURDAY, TAKE IT TO THE BANK!

I don't get it either, this team is starting to bounce back and SIU is a decent match up. Their 3-4 can be exploited(our not so great offense last year did it) and they don't run the spread. Bison 34 SIU 24, I wasn't going to make a prediction but there it is!

A1pigskin
09-24-2009, 01:36 AM
We are going in as underdogs, but it's possible. Our D has to have their "A" game on. Special teams will also have to step it up a notch. Go Bison.

56BISON73
09-24-2009, 04:34 AM

Ahhum---
What you are wishing for hasnt been accomplished for sometime. Iam just hoping that our O can keep up with theirs.

4mcruenomore
09-24-2009, 04:45 AM
Weren't we ranked #1 when we went into Youngstown last year, and lost? And they were unranked? So, anything can happen.

BadlandsBison
09-24-2009, 04:56 AM
The word around town is that SIU is coming into this game very, very PO'd about what happened last year. The game last year was very physical in the second half and they left with a bad taste in their mouth.

Good job by us last year, though. We won by getting angry and smashing them around. But it will be hard to mach their intensity this time. I expect some trick plays and throws down field right away against our defense to try and get up on us quick.

If they get up on the score board fast, that isn't good. That kind of momentum will result in an SIU jet engine that i don't think we can catch. The slow start on defense last saturday is a bad omen for us I'm afraid...

NDSUFan_Sav
09-24-2009, 06:12 AM
Somebody tell the NDSU team that were playing an out-of-conference FBS game against a MAC team . . . then I'd expect to win. But when we play a tough conference game, the results haven't been so good lately, have they.

It's strange isn't it? Why is that? Do we need to be an underdog, or do we need to be "Playing UP" to play well? Something is wrong with the way we are motivated to play conference games against SDSU, WIU, N Iowa, etc vs. OOC games & FBS opponents.

This is the trend that I have seen.

Because we've been in the conference for 1 season (which was last)??? It obviously is taking time to get use to the conference and we'll have to recruit what we'll need in order to win in the near future....On that note, lets start the 2nd season in the MVFC and finish it strong!!!

NDSUFan_Sav
09-24-2009, 06:22 AM
The slow start on defense last saturday is a bad omen for us I'm afraid...

this is what annoys me......we lost Tyler Henry for the season, Preston moves to his spot and calling plays and what not, started a Freshmen for his first game at LB, had other injuries with our D, when they scored their 14 we had a lot of miscues on D and after that it was sometime til they actually scored again which was on punt touched and they recovered in the endzone with a person that normally isn't returning for us, then their last Off TD was in garbage time, not sure if we had back ups in and what not then.....Yeah Wagner isn't a great team and nothing like we're going to see this coming weekend, but our defense did show improvement last week, we need to get to their QB this weekend cause turnovers and 3 and outs get that D off the field and control the clock with our run and make short passes to our Tightends like we started doing in the 1st half vs Iowa State and haven't really seen much of it since. This team needs to get hungry and fight with fire!!!!

Scooter1
09-24-2009, 11:36 AM
So, exactly what about the S illinois blowout win over SW Baptist has everyone so awestruck?

A 59-7 win over an independent D2 team? SW Baptist is a team that was 0-3 and giving up an average of over 40 points to the three D2 teams that they played. You had damn well better win by a score of 59-7.

So, they played Marshall to a three point game. Marshall is not a good team.

I'm not saying that S Illinois isn't a good team, but Jesus Christ, this thread should be sent to the hall of shame.

Notorious
09-24-2009, 01:31 PM
I expect the Bison to win.

Bison Dan
09-24-2009, 02:09 PM
So, exactly what about the S illinois blowout win over SW Baptist has everyone so awestruck?

A 59-7 win over an independent D2 team? SW Baptist is a team that was 0-3 and giving up an average of over 40 points to the three D2 teams that they played. You had damn well better win by a score of 59-7.

So, they played Marshall to a three point game. Marshall is not a good team.

I'm not saying that S Illinois isn't a good team, but Jesus Christ, this thread should be sent to the hall of shame.

++++++++++++++

tjbison
09-24-2009, 02:32 PM
didn't read the entire thread, but yes I think we can pull it out isn't that being a fan???:confused:

SDbison
09-24-2009, 02:46 PM
didn't read the entire thread, but yes I think we can pull it out isn't that being a fan???:confused:
You can be a fan.....and then you can be a realist fan. There are still too many questions about this Bison team. I am not even sold that the offense can be counted on from week to week. As for the defense I question if they can ever get enough pressure on the QB, the linebackers are small and relatively inexperienced, and the secondary just plain sucks! And then there is always the question of what part of the special teams won't show up this week. To hope all parts come together for this Bison team during an away game against a ranked team is asking for way too much. I just hope the Bison don't get blown out.

HerdBot
09-24-2009, 02:57 PM

I think we can do it. Would I be shocked if we lose. No. Would I be shocked if we win? No. Would I be excited if we win? Hell yeah!

1) In years past we would look at D1A teams as the "big game" of the year. I think this is the game he has circled on his calender because it's a conference game 2) They don't run the spread and we can actually stop the run. 3) We've played them before and we actually beat them. 4) Defense is getting healthy 5) Our entire D is getting healthy. Starting D-line is in tact, including Johnson. Kittleson should be back and our linebacker play will be improved 6) Our offense line simply looks dominating no matther who we play 7) Our offense looks completely different than last year.

HerdBot
09-24-2009, 03:02 PM

Great post! We set the tone.

bisonbills
09-24-2009, 03:21 PM

Perfect!! This defeatist attitude has got to go!! Bison- 38 the dogs- 21 GO BISON!!!!!!!!!

SDbison
09-24-2009, 03:55 PM
Perfect!! This defeatist attitude has got to go!! Bison- 38 the dogs- 21 GO BISON!!!!!!!!!
So what diference does it make for an away game if a bunch of internet homers say Bison are going to win when realistically from a non-fan perspective this game is very doubtful. I can see for a home game where we go and cheer and possibly make a difference. You know, it is time this Bison team pull themselves up and play to the abilities they have, make good things happen and execute as the coaches have taught them. No one else has the biggest impact on the outcome of the game. Of course there can be questions on players put in the game and play calls by the coaches. But that is another issue.

SDbison
09-24-2009, 03:57 PM
Great post! We set the tone.
Not really.......the players set the tone. They need to pull it together and make it happen. Fans are just bystanders except for when they are at the game. Are you going to Carbondale?

bisonbills
09-24-2009, 04:17 PM
So what diference does it make for an away game if a bunch of internet homers say Bison are going to win when realistically from a non-fan perspective this game is very doubtful. I can see for a home game where we go and cheer and possibly make a difference. You know, it is time this Bison team pull themselves up and play to the abilities they have, make good things happen and execute as the coaches have taught them. No one else has the biggest impact on the outcome of the game. Of course there can be questions on players put in the game and play calls by the coaches. But that is another issue.

I guess it really doesn't make a difference as it is just a football game. In the big scheme it doesn't mean squat. But I also remember a time not so long ago where nearly everyone on this board was waving the banner high and proud talking about how we were going to kick everyone's ass. Losing to Youngstown was doubtful. Losing to Wyoming, in my mind, was doubtful. Getting beat by SDSU in Fargo was doubtful. But they all turned out bad for us. Anything can happen. The coaches set the tone, the players execute. I get that. But we do make some difference on this, or any team we cheer for.

Bisonfan1
09-24-2009, 05:47 PM
Well if the coaches switch to green shirts, and all the Bison fans going to the game wear green instead of yellow, the intimidation factor will be so great it will totally throw off SIU's game plan and we will win :D I will still agree with Lakes that this is a must win, I just cant wait for this game to be over with Saturday as we should all know what the state of Bison football is in when the final gun sounds. I do think we have the personnel to win if every unit will all start clicking and everybody keeps their head in the game for the entire game.

Swany
09-24-2009, 05:54 PM
Obviously this game will be a huge measuring stick to see where we stack up headed into the meat of our schedule. Can we win. Absolutely! Is it a tall order. Yeah, probably. If we stick with SIU during the first quarter and break the bug of our bad starts on the road we'll pull it out. It we get down early it could be a long night. First few minutes of the game will set the tone. In games like these it often comes to special teams and turnovers. I think that will happen on Saturday. The diehard in me says BISON 31 SIU 28. The realist in me says BISON 31 SIU 28. We come out with something to prove and Bibeau seals the deal late with a big kick (do you hear the "My, Oh My!")

Is it a must win? Yes. In the next 4 weeks we have SUI, UNI, and SDSU. Lose this game and we already have 3 losses and a 1-3 start. Is a rebound possible where we could drop this one, but bounce back and run the table? Probably not. We dug ourselves a big hole with that 0-2 start. (I know, Jim Mora, playoffs, talkin' playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs, playoffs?!) We finish 8-3 we are a solid lock for the playoffs because we'd probably finish tied for the lead in MVC with only one conference loss. Finish 7-4 and we have 2 MVC losses and are likely in jumble with 3 or 4 other teams with the same conference mark that didn't go 0-2 nonconference. Make no mistake, this game is an early season must win.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the atmosphere a NDSU-UNI showdown at the Dome would bring if both teams enter the game with zero conference losses. That place would be electric -- we'd rock the roof right off!

GO BISON!

56BISON73
09-24-2009, 05:56 PM
Well if the coaches switch to green shirts, and all the Bison fans going to the game wear green instead of yellow, the intimidation factor will be so great it will totally throw off SIU's game plan and we will win :D I will still agree with Lakes that this is a must win, I just cant wait for this game to be over with Saturday as we should all know what the state of Bison football is in when the final gun sounds. I do think we have the personnel to win if every unit will all start clicking and everybody keeps their head in the game for the entire game.

But there will be none of your chicken wings and pork loin in Carbondale. What will I ever do??????:hungry: :D

Bisonfan1
09-24-2009, 06:09 PM
But there will be none of your chicken wings and pork loin in Carbondale. What will I ever do??????:hungry: :D

To make you feel better i have saved your sausage to throw on the grill while i watch the webcast OUTSIDE to make it as much as i am there as possible. The neighbors will understand the yelling etc when they see the big Bison flag flying. you have a great time down there PL !!!

TransAmBison
09-24-2009, 06:11 PM
I just had PL's sausage for lunch. Tasty!

runtheoption
09-24-2009, 06:21 PM

Ummmm.....I got nuthin.....

Tatanka
09-24-2009, 06:22 PM

This post is approved!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c388/kesselkid/gay.gif

bisonmike2
09-24-2009, 06:37 PM

you know you just typed that out loud, right?

TransAmBison
09-24-2009, 06:39 PM
What? My mouth wasn't full? :confused: :D

bisonmike2
09-24-2009, 08:10 PM
What? My mouth wasn't full? :confused: :D

Is PL's sausage big enough that 2 people could share it?

/yes, I am 12 years old.

TransAmBison
09-24-2009, 08:24 PM
Is PL's sausage big enough that 2 people could share it?

/yes, I am 12 years old.
Let's just say that out at tailgating, PL's sausage is legendary.

Tatanka
09-24-2009, 09:04 PM
Dude, although the post was originally approved, its appearance in a thread containing the words "pull ... out of our ass" is, well, somehow disturbing. :hide:

TransAmBison
09-24-2009, 09:10 PM
Dude, although the post was originally approved, its appearance in a thread containing the words "pull ... out of our ass" is, well, somehow disturbing. :hide:
To set the record straight, PL was not the only one flaunting his sausage last Saturday.:D

BlueBisonRock
09-24-2009, 09:12 PM
If the Bison play as well as this thread was hijacked, the puppies don't have a chance!

TransAmBison
09-24-2009, 09:20 PM
If the Bison play as well as this thread was hijacked, the puppies don't have a chance!
Speaking of hijacking, I'm taking this thread to Nicaragua. I need tp for my...

Herd80
09-24-2009, 09:20 PM
Now that's more like it...TAB, Tanka and Mike all having a little fun w/ PL's sausage. I've been wondering if all capacity for humor on this site has faded away. Bravo

Now, back to your regularly scheduled moping and negativity

Bison_Pride
09-24-2009, 09:24 PM
The Bison MUST win on Saturday. Otherwise all anyone is going to hear is "FIRE (insert coaches name here)?" rants started on Bisonville next week, and those get old fast.

let me practice:

FIRE BOHL NOW!!!!

FIRE BRESKE NOW!!

FIRE VIGEN NOW!

FIRE GENE TAYLOR!!

FIRE..............CHAPMAN?!!

We are 1-3. We officially suck.

LEAVE MERTENS IN ILLINOIS!!

Is Brock Jensen ready yet?!!!

Whats wrong with our DBacks?
Can our Linebackers tackle anybody?
Does our Defensive Line even try to rush the QB?
Where did we recruit these WR's? Midget Wrestling?
Mertens would undoubtedly win a staring contest against anyone!

So..........yeah.........those topics wouldn't be any fun to read. So the Bison, MUST win.

SDbison
09-24-2009, 09:27 PM
Hopefully you guys are done pulling it out........:D
but back on topic, I don't know if this team has found its a$$ yet so it might be difficult to pull a W out. Seriously!

bisonmike2
09-24-2009, 09:34 PM
Now that's more like it...TAB, Tanka and Mike all having a little fun w/ PL's sausage. I

Hey?!? How'd you hear about that? Did TAB tell you? He said he'd keep his trap shut. I was drunk alright! I had a light lunch and I was drinking Icehouse. It was just a little experimenting. Why are you looking at me like that!?

TransAmBison
09-24-2009, 09:38 PM
Hey?!? How'd you hear about that? Did TAB tell you? He said he'd keep his trap shut. I was drunk alright! I had a light lunch and I was drinking Icehouse. It was just a little experimenting. Why are you looking at me like that!?
Oh, you had a light lunch alright. :D

SDbison
09-24-2009, 09:52 PM
The Bison MUST win on Saturday. Otherwise all anyone is going to hear is "FIRE (insert coaches name here)?" rants started on Bisonville next week, and those get old fast.

let me practice:

FIRE BOHL NOW!!!!

FIRE BRESKE NOW!!

FIRE VIGEN NOW!

FIRE GENE TAYLOR!!

So..........yeah.........those topics wouldn't be any fun to read. So the Bison, MUST win.
Thanks for the topic ideas for next week. We will likely be discussing them. :mad: :hide: :blush:

CarringtonBison
09-24-2009, 09:54 PM

i guess I am not the only one who thought that this sounded incredibly gay-not that there is anything wrong with that. So how long has PL been in town??

TransAmBison
09-24-2009, 09:56 PM
i guess I am not the only one who thought that this sounded incredibly gay-not that there is anything wrong with that. So how long has PL been in town??
Like you don't know.

NDSUFan_Sav
09-24-2009, 10:40 PM

Road and Tatanka plus others there will bring the noise i promise you and it'll be like we're at home just outside and not in a dome

Everyone that is going to the game enjoy the atmosphere :nod:

NDSUFan_Sav
09-24-2009, 10:45 PM

let me practice:

FIRE BOHL NOW!!!!

FIRE BRESKE NOW!!

FIRE VIGEN NOW!

FIRE GENE TAYLOR!!

HAHAHAHAHA.....POTD!!!!!

A1pigskin
09-24-2009, 11:16 PM
A little early. Let's see how the game goes on Sat.

56BISON73
09-24-2009, 11:20 PM

Dont worry. Theres plenty to go around:D

Tatanka
09-25-2009, 01:20 AM
Road and Tatanka plus others there will bring the noise i promise you and it'll be like we're at home just outside and not in a dome

Everyone that is going to the game enjoy the atmosphere :nod:

++

Can do.

Also, PL will be there. Perhaps with his aforementioned sausage. I wouldn't know. TAB?

NDSUFan_Sav
09-25-2009, 02:46 AM
++

Can do.

Also, PL will be there. Perhaps with his aforementioned sausage. I wouldn't know. TAB?

Don't you prefer KFC over the sausage tho, its in your pic is why i'm curious

Tatanka
09-25-2009, 02:57 AM
Don't you perfer KFC over the sausage tho, its in your pic is why i'm curious

Whoa, there, feller. What exactly are you trying to say? :D

NDSUFan_Sav
09-25-2009, 03:00 AM
Whoa, there, feller. What exactly are you trying to say? :D

that you like food i think and enjoy washing it down with a :cheers: :nod:

bisoneer
09-25-2009, 03:10 AM
I think we can win in Carbondale, here's why:

1. Our offense is very good and can score mega points.
2. Thier number 1 game impacting player is out with a broken jaw (linebacker).
3. They have a reputation for self destructing.
4. Our D is due for a great game.
5. We can create turnovers.

Bison 35 SIU 28

SDbison
09-25-2009, 03:12 AM
Apparently some of Bisonville has turned gay while considering how to deal with the stress of this pivotal game on Saturday. OK, excuse me while I throw up, brush my teeth and rinse my mouth out. :D
Actually I find it interesting how quiet Bisonville is at this time of the week before a big game. Seems there must be much anxiety about the outcome this coming Saturday. Other than the green and gold glasses wearing, kool-aid drinking homers I think most of Bisonville is concerned about the direction of the Bison football program. Diversions like what is going on with this thread is an obvious coping mechanism.

runtheoption
09-25-2009, 03:28 AM
"Let's Go Bison!!!" (clap, clap, clap, clap, clap)

"PL's Sausage!!!" (clap, clap, clap, clap, clap)

Tatanka
09-25-2009, 03:31 AM
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/coping.gif

IzzyFlexion
09-25-2009, 12:32 PM

let me practice:

FIRE BOHL NOW!!!!

FIRE BRESKE NOW!!

FIRE VIGEN NOW!

FIRE GENE TAYLOR!!

Please be more careful as the NCAA is closely monitoring message boards of schools with the words North Dakota in them this week. We don't say "midgets", we say "little people".

IzzyFlexion
09-25-2009, 12:40 PM
Was PL really in Milwaukee in the days leading up to the big SIU game?
http://www.ckschoolrichland.org/documents/sausagefest.jpg

IzzyFlexion
09-25-2009, 12:58 PM
PL...."big timin' it" in the most luxurious sausage charter aircraft in the MVC!
http://www.b3tards.com/u/e709acd8427018b1a7ea/sausageplane.gif

OldBison
09-25-2009, 02:31 PM
I expect some trick plays and throws down field right away against our defense to try and get up on us quick.

I hope they do that, because that will be their downfall if they do.

When the Gophers did that in the first series against NDSU in 2007, the announcers talked about the message that sends to the players. Brewsky basically told his players that we can't beat NDSU head to head, we need to trick them.

Last night, #4 Ole Miss did the same thing against South Carolina in a game that Ole Miss lost. The announcers said the same thing, it sends the wrong message, we can't beat them unless we run trick plays.

BTW, SC was badly over-matched and has a horrible QB and a not very good defense, yet they beat Ole Miss. Granted, it was at SC, but NDSU can still do this. I feel good about this game. Should be a head banger, but the Bison will prevail. I guarantee it.:bow:

Da_Bizon
09-25-2009, 03:27 PM

+++++++++

Exactly! We are the Bison... and it appears we've been backed into a corner. I don't know about you, but I don't think I'd want to be staring down one, much less a herd, of Bison in that position that are pissed off. The defense is finally going to get it together and Mertens will continue the solid play... NDSU pulls off the road upset... 31-28.

mgbison
09-25-2009, 04:22 PM
i was also watching that game last night. Could you imagine the complaining going on here if had either of those 2 qbs numbers. i thought snead would look a lot better given his hype (maybe he just had a horrible game). a lot of dropped balls by sc.

90BISON
09-25-2009, 04:29 PM
Anybody talk to Pete Carroll this week?? Pretty sure the USC-UW game was a sure thing too! :D Pretty sure we aren't going to go to Carbondale for the priveledge of losing. :confused: That's why they actually make them play the game. I frankly like being the underdog, it's way more fun to see the completely stunned look on the other team's players, coaching staff & fans when the unlikely actually happens! :hungry: Guess we'll know late Saturday night.....

HandoEX
09-25-2009, 04:48 PM
Anybody talk to Pete Carroll this week?? Pretty sure the USC-UW game was a sure thing too! :D Pretty sure we aren't going to go to Carbondale for the priveledge of losing. :confused: That's why they actually make them play the game. I frankly like being the underdog, it's way more fun to see the completely stunned look on the other team's players, coaching staff & fans when the unlikely actually happens! :hungry: Guess we'll know late Saturday night.....

Hell yes! It's way more fun to win a big game as the underdog! USC, Ok State and Ole Miss were all top 5 teams that lost to unranked opponents. Keep the faith, it can happen!

RRVBISON
09-25-2009, 07:25 PM
I like what I'm reading, Bison win on a last second FG. Mark it down. Lets get after it.:nod:

SDbison
09-25-2009, 08:06 PM
Can I get some of the drugs you guys are taking with your kool-aid?

bisonmike2
09-25-2009, 08:07 PM

Hell no. We need all those drugs for after the game on Saturday.

Tatanka
09-25-2009, 08:11 PM
Hell no. We need all those drugs for before, during, and after the game on Saturday.

FTFY .

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-25-2009, 08:57 PM

"All the negitivity in this town sucks!" :D

EndZoneQB
09-25-2009, 11:38 PM

Come see me at tailgating (damnit we dont have the bubbly head smile).

The players better dose up on the ibuprofen before the game, it's going to be physical!

HerdBot
09-26-2009, 03:44 AM

You can have some but only if you promise to post something positive if we win tomorrow!

CaBisonFan
09-26-2009, 03:48 AM
You can have some but only if you promise to post something positive if we win tomorrow!

They don't sell Kool-Aid down here. Nothing but alcohol in the grocery stores. Of course, we have a meth lab about 4 houses down...:nod:

4mcruenomore
09-26-2009, 04:30 AM
Tomorrow is the start of a very long season IMFO. I think 30 packs of Busch Light are on sale over at Town & Country.....

met1990
09-26-2009, 05:01 AM
Tomorrow is the start of a very long season IMFO. I think 30 packs of Busch Light are on sale over at Town & Country.....

I think it might be the start of a very fine "Naturday." Go Bison!!!

BlueBisonRock
09-26-2009, 05:38 AM
I am ready for the SIU game and looking for the Bison to prevail!

Got my drinks ready:
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/2jpggreenkoolaid2.jpg http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/2jpgyellowkoolaid.jpg

And I got my new glasses:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/80s_Glasses_Twotone_Yellow_Green-Co.jpg

Should be a good game!

Scooter1
09-26-2009, 06:16 AM
Can we pull a win out of our ass? That's an interresting question.

1. Let's look at last time we played them. We got down early 20-0 before scoring our first TD. Before this we missed two field goals and fumbled after getting to their 32 yard line. S Illinois defense had one three and out all game long. That was the first series of the second half which resulted in the only punt to of the day for the Bison. I was at this game. In the second half the Bison physically took it to the Salukis and dominated them. Ndsu was up 35-20 midway into the fourth quarter and if Bibeau would have hit any of his field goal attempts it would have been a wider margin.

2. Nick Mertens is playing better than he did last year and the Bison offense has scored 97 points in the last 6 quarters of football. Veldman should be back and possibly Vandal. The offensive line is playing fantastic. The Bison defense should get the services of Gatlin, Jackson and Kittelson for this game which should help shore up the defense a little while S illinois loses Mixon for four to five weeks with a broken jaw.

3. S Illinois scored 59 points against SW Baptist. SW Baptist averaged giving up over 40 points a game to the three D2 teams that they have played previously. I expect the Salukis to score alot against them. They have a good runningback, quarterback and wide receivers.

4. Paschall is a stud, Veldman is a go to guy, Holloway has surprised everyone, Mack is starting to produce and DJ McNorton is a threat as a rusher and a receiver. Washington is dangerous after the catch and is producing as a kick returner and we haven't mentioned Mike Sigers and he is the #4 runningback.

My point is that the cup board isn't bare for the Bison. We may have more options than we did last year. Tyler was never the same running back after he got injured in the CCSU game and Heckendorf was never above 80% the entire year. Yet, somehow NDSU managed to beat S illinois last year. NDSU punted once in that game while missing three field goals to boot. When is the last time you can recal when a team missed three field goals and still won by eight?

Should S illinois be favored to win? Yes.

Is this a winnable game for the Bison? absolutely.

I say Bison by 7. Nick Mertens will surprise.

Da_Bison
09-26-2009, 06:30 AM

1. Let's look at last time we played them. We got down early 20-0 before scoring our first TD. Before this we missed two field goals and fumbled after getting to their 32 yard line. S Illinois defense had one three and out all game long. That was the first series of the second half which resulted in the only punt to of the day for the Bison. I was at this game. In the second half the Bison physically took it to the Salukis and dominated them. Ndsu was up 35-20 midway into the fourth quarter and if Bibeau would have hit any of his field goal attempts it would have been a wider margin.

2. Nick Mertens is playing better than he did last year and the Bison offense has scored 97 points in the last 6 quarters of football. Veldman should be back and possibly Vandal. The offensive line is playing fantastic. The Bison defense should get the services of Gatlin, Jackson and Kittelson for this game which should help shore up the defense a little while S illinois loses Mixon for four to five weeks with a broken jaw.

3. S Illinois scored 59 points against SW Baptist. SW Baptist averaged giving up over 40 points a game to the three D2 teams that they have played previously. I expect the Salukis to score alot against them. They have a good runningback, quarterback and wide receivers.

4. Paschall is a stud, Veldman is a go to guy, Holloway has surprised everyone, Mack is starting to produce and DJ McNorton is a threat as a rusher and a receiver. Washington is dangerous after the catch and is producing as a kick returner and we haven't mentioned Mike Sigers and he is the #4 runningback.

My point is that the cup board isn't bare for the Bison. We may have more options than we did last year. Tyler was never the same running back after he got injured in the CCSU game and Heckendorf was never above 80% the entire year. Yet, somehow NDSU managed to beat S illinois last year. NDSU punted once in that game while missing three field goals to boot. When is the last time you can recal when a team missed three field goals and still won by eight?

Excellent post scooter

DjKyRo
09-26-2009, 12:17 PM

Solid post Scooter - we've definitely got some things to watch out for but this is most definitely a winnable game if we keep our heads and limit the mistakes.

Jdubs21
09-26-2009, 01:33 PM

This is a bison fan who still has his balls!!! Awesome post and loving the attitude!!! GO BISON!!!

IzzyFlexion
09-26-2009, 01:51 PM
OK, fine. Nobody wants to play "sausage thread drift" anymore. Tanks for nuttin'.
http://www.b3tards.com/u/cfb95195ae33ea467f51/squirrelsausage.jpg

Bisonfan1
09-26-2009, 05:01 PM

Got my drinks ready:
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/2jpggreenkoolaid2.jpg http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/2jpgyellowkoolaid.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/80s_Glasses_Twotone_Yellow_Green-Co.jpg

Should be a good game!

Ha Ha - just got a flash of SDBison wearing those glasses and a hardhat at a tailgate and carrying the pitchers one in each hand walking up and down the isles poring the kool-aid :D :D - cant stop laughing. We have to win tonight or SDBison will single handed take out Bisonville by the end of the weekend. Overload, overload, beep beep - total meltdown !!!

NWNDBison
09-26-2009, 05:04 PM
Now that's funny! Thanks for the comic relief building up to the BIG game.

TransAmBison
09-26-2009, 08:20 PM
:rofl: That was funny Bisonfan1.

bisonmike2
09-26-2009, 09:43 PM

Got my drinks ready:

Should be a good game!

Holy crap. I used to have those glasses. I think I got them from pizza hut during a promotion for Back to the Future 2.

aces1180
09-26-2009, 10:46 PM
Holy crap. I used to have those glasses. I think I got them from pizza hut during a promotion for Back to the Future 2.

Same here! I had some pink and black ones as well!