PDA

View Full Version : Iupui / Wiu

roadwarrior
09-21-2009, 06:47 PM
Home matches this friday and saturday at 7pm in the BBF.

TheBisonator
09-22-2009, 04:39 PM
If I can freakin' remember to go on Friday night, I'll be there for the IUPUI game. I haven't been to a volleyball game in a while, so I really should go.

Looks like IUPUI is really freaking good as well. This game may be our 2nd hardest of the regular season, next to the game at IUPUI.

Elephants Dream?
09-25-2009, 06:31 AM
Channel 6 had a piece about the VB team on the 10PM Sports.
Nice to see the team get some video time.

gwfan
09-25-2009, 08:49 PM
wrong thread I know but have 2 tickets for saturday (wiu) $5.00 ea.PM me

Tatanka
09-25-2009, 09:34 PM
Tatanka and little tatankas will be there tonight. Looking forward to another Bison victory.:nod:

Will the band be there?

Ferd
09-25-2009, 09:36 PM
Tatanka and little tatankas will be there tonight. Looking forward to another Bison victory.:nod:

Will the band be there?

ok...
Ferd and the Ferdlets will be there too!

Hammersmith
09-25-2009, 09:56 PM
Planning on being there if I can get all my errands done(the rain that just started isn't helping).

DjKyRo
09-25-2009, 10:06 PM

Will the band be there?

Heck yeah! The bass section might be a little lacking as I'm the only sousaphone/bass guitar who's not heading out of town, but just listen really closely. :D

Swing by and say hey if you guys get the chance!

Da Bison
09-26-2009, 12:15 AM
Nice crowd.

Not a full house....yet.

Freddie Coleman in the front row, cast & all.

Da Bison
09-26-2009, 12:25 AM
Bison win the first 25 - 10

BisoninNWMN
09-26-2009, 12:41 AM
3-0....tonite?

GO BISON LADIES

Plan on being there tomorrow with the family!!

Da Bison
09-26-2009, 12:44 AM
Bison take the second game 25 - 11 Lead 2 - 0

Da Bison
09-26-2009, 01:21 AM
The Bison take the third 29 -27. 3 - 0

DjKyRo
09-26-2009, 01:47 AM
WOOHOO! Bison ladies sweep IUPUI! Nice work ladies!

onbison09
09-26-2009, 02:03 AM
Isn't IUPUI decent?

DjKyRo
09-26-2009, 02:13 AM
Isn't IUPUI decent?

yeah, they were undefeated in conference play and ranked #2 in the Summit. A big win for the Bison tonight.

TbonZach
09-26-2009, 02:15 AM
The final game was pretty intense.

The Lost Dutchman
09-26-2009, 02:25 AM
The Bunker was absolutely rocking tonight!!!! Crowd was absolutely amazing and man did the Bison ladies come to play tonight. First two sets were just absolute pure domination. As people said, IUPUI put up a good fight in the 3rd set. Coach was very happy with his team's performance tonight and he also expects a much closer game tonight. For those who haven't been to the Bunker, I highly suggest you check it out! Absolute fantastic time and can't wait to go again.

Bison bison
09-26-2009, 02:31 AM
yeah, they were undefeated in conference play and ranked #2 in the Summit. A big win for the Bison tonight.

RLY? They were quite outmatched.

TbonZach
09-26-2009, 02:41 AM

Key phrase - WERE undefeated

Tatanka
09-26-2009, 02:50 AM

yes they were. very much so... bison win in style in front of packed house. good time had by all.

seriously though. the bbf has to be a pretty intimidating environment to visit with the close quarters, the huge partisan crowd, and a full pep band (who rocked by the way. love the new music guys)

TbonZach
09-26-2009, 03:01 AM
seriously though. the bbf has to be a pretty intimidating environment to visit with the close quarters, the huge partisan crowd, and a full pep band

Gives me shivers when I think about what it'll be like in there during Summit League Championships.

Hammersmith
09-26-2009, 04:09 AM
This was my first Bison VB game and the first time I had heard the pep band since its rebirth. First the game...

For the first two sets, IUPUI didn't look like it belonged on the same floor as the Bison. It was just total domination. I was actually surprised they were able to make it to double digits. The third game was odd. I don't know my Bison players on sight, and I didn't bring enough cash for a program, but it looked like Coach H was doing some substituting to see what would work. After a few points and a couple subs into the third set, IUPUI seemed to score several times on Bison miscommunication that didn't happen in the earlier sets. I have to think this was because EH was playing with the lineup. It was obvious that IUPUI was so badly outmatched that the Bison could win it whenever they wanted to. On top of that, it looked like IUPUI started messing with their lineup when the scores were around the 20s. I think that was what kept them in it during those extra points. Even when IUPUI took the lead for the first time since 1-0 in the second set, I still never felt the Bison were in danger of losing the third set. Maybe that was just me, but I felt the Bison were still in control even when they were down a point. Unless they shoot themselves in the foot some night, I don't think any Summit school can touch them.

As for the band... damn. You've got a killer low brass and mello section going. I've never heard some of those songs sound that good and have that much depth of sound. I did want to kill your drummer from time to time. Most of the time he was good, but there was this one song late in the pre-match(don't remember which one right now) that he tried to put on this laid-back funk-thing. It didn't fit and it put him behind the beat in a song that couldn't afford it. Also, kill or rewrite the intro to Livin' on a Prayer. The arrangement is so weak that it made you guys sound the worst of the evening. You guys are better than the arrangement is. The brass were showing wear by the end of the night, but that's expected. Maybe leaving Trumpet Charge until that late in the night might not be the best idea. ;) Holy sh!t did the Ghostbusters sax soli rock! I didn't pay attention to how many saxes you had until then, but I sure noticed after. The arrangement had some wonderful shades of Supersax. I don't know if you bought it, Patnode arranged it, or if it was one of the sax players who wrote it, but they deserve a pat on the back and a Scooby Snack. Lastly, you know the old joke about how to tune a piccolo section? Shoot all but one? Nuff said.

You guys looked like you were having a great time and you sounded fantastic. There is absolutely no comparison between the pep bands of the past and what you've got going now. Heck, musically, I think you guys played better than most of the chamber ensembles of the 90's when I was there. (Not my sax quartet, though; we thoroughly kicked a**. :) )

DjKyRo
09-26-2009, 04:58 AM
Thanks for the reps Hammer! I'll have the guys take a look at LoaP, I never liked the intro myself much either...

We had a great time and we're doing it all again tomorrow night!

DjKyRo
09-27-2009, 01:58 AM
NDSU wins the match 3-1 over WIU. Nice work ladies!

rdh701
09-27-2009, 01:37 PM
Nice Forum article on the win.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/254355/

BisoninNWMN
09-27-2009, 09:44 PM
Took my twin girls to the game against WIU.

WOW....the Bison Ladies are good. 1st set they made some mistakes but coach made some adjustments and they swept the next 3.

Great job ladies!!!!!