PDA

View Full Version : Radio in dome.

EightyfourBison
09-21-2009, 03:49 PM
Who has a portable radio that works well in the FFD. What model or features do you have. Bought a cheap one last year that never worked in there. Would enjoy keeping one ear tuned to the play by play and one ear tuned to the crowd. TIA

BisonCardinal
09-23-2009, 02:53 AM
I've had pretty good luck with a COBY Turbo Sports radio head set. I bought this set at Pamida. They look like small ear muffs with the arch going around back, so you can wear your Bison cap in comfort. I get pretty good reception most of the time. I have to turn my head once in awhile to get good AM reception. Too bad there isn't an FM signal in FM.

BraxtonT
09-23-2009, 06:58 AM
Not 100% sure, but I think you need to set your dial to 980 AM when inside to get the best reception. Try it and I hope it works for you.

CarringtonBison
09-23-2009, 05:03 PM
Not 100% sure, but I think you need to set your dial to 980 AM when inside to get the best reception. Try it and I hope it works for you.

that is correct sir

A1pigskin
09-24-2009, 01:57 AM
Couldn't tell ya. I've never brought a radio in the dome.

Ferd
09-24-2009, 10:10 PM
Couldn't they agree to have a low power FM transmitter rebroadcast the game in the dome? And in the BSA for that matter. From my limited knowledge low power FM doesn't have to be licensed but they would need permission to rebroadcast.

:confused: :confused:

Just wondering?