199 Indiana State

November of 2007
41 North Dakota State

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt09.htm

No. That's all.

lakesbison
09-20-2009, 05:52 PM
sagarin is a joke.

st johns of Minnesota would be #8 if they allowed D3 schools in there too.

yellowstreak
09-20-2009, 05:53 PM
No. That's all.

How did we get to the point where UND is ranked higher? This sucks!

Jay
09-20-2009, 05:53 PM
Would you want to play them this year?

yellowstreak
09-20-2009, 05:55 PM

I'm really scared about the Northern Iowa game.

X-Factor
09-20-2009, 09:05 PM

yeah, and if I had to pick one game to win this year it would have to be that. Those UNI fans are some of the most cocky SOB's I have ever seen or heard of. Even more cocky than Bison fans when we go 10-1. :D Oh yeah, and their dome is a baby Fargodome and has pathetic fan support.

SDbison
09-20-2009, 09:33 PM
Right now I would be scared of what the outcome will be in the next game.......you know the one with a ranked Southern Illinois team at their place. Based on what I saw with the Bison against lowly Wagner the Bison will be lucky to be within 2 TD's. THe $hit is about to hit the fan.

bisonmike2
09-20-2009, 10:18 PM
Right now I would be scared of what the outcome will be in the next game.......you know the one with a ranked Southern Illinois team at their place. Based on what I saw with the Bison against lowly Wagner the Bison will be lucky to be within 2 TD's. THe $hit is about the hit the fan.

Yup. We're boned.
http://z.about.com/d/animatedtv/1/7/o/2/bender.jpg

Spiker
09-20-2009, 11:34 PM
33 Northern Iowa
49 Minnesota
53 Central Michigan
83 Iowa State
94 Southern Illinois
111 South Dakota State
139 North Dakota
147 Youngstown State
149 South Dakota
166 Illinois State
171 Ball State
172 Western Illinois
173 Missouri State
188 North Dakota State
199 Indiana State

November of 2007
41 North Dakota State

Interesting!!!!

onbison09
09-20-2009, 11:41 PM
How did we get to the point where UND is ranked higher? This sucks!

Computers don't know sh** about football.

Mr. Burgundy
09-21-2009, 12:12 AM
We weren't as good as people thought we were when we were pre-season #1 and voted to win the MVC.....and we aren't as bad as some people think we are now. I think it is somewhere in the middle. I am excited about some of the young people that I have heard about. We had a couple week classes (as it turns out), and I am hearing some good things about the last class.

lakesbison
09-21-2009, 12:28 AM
Which week burgandy?? haha

sagarin is a joke, they.have D2 teams in.it.

yellowstreak
09-21-2009, 01:32 AM
they.have D2 teams in.it.

I didn't see any D2 teams in the 0-246 ranking. I'm not sure if that's because they are exluded now or because no D2 teams are ranks high enough. I found some D2 teams back in some 2003 rankings, but I didn't see any since then.

2003:
113 Northern Colorado
158 UC Davis

roadwarrior
09-21-2009, 01:45 AM
I didn't see any D2 teams in the 0-246 ranking. I'm not sure if that's because they are exluded now or because no D2 teams are ranks high enough. I found some D2 teams back in some 2003 rankings, but I didn't see any since then.

2003:
113 Northern Colorado
158 UC Davis

2003 was the first year of transition for those two schools.

onbison09
09-21-2009, 01:58 AM
They have Jacksonville State as the third best FCS team. Uh no.

yellowstreak
09-21-2009, 02:04 AM
Right now I would be scared of what the outcome will be in the next game.......you know the one with a ranked Southern Illinois team at their place. Based on what I saw with the Bison against lowly Wagner the Bison will be lucky to be within 2 TD's. THe $hit is about the hit the fan.

I agree. Southern Illinois, Northern Iowa & South Dakota State are all going to be really tough. If we finish the year with 6 wins, I'd be happy.

Bisonguy
09-21-2009, 02:13 AM

2003:
113 Northern Colorado
158 UC Davis

No DII teams in Sagarin because there's not enough cross data to get anything close to accurate. Even Massey states that rankings between divisions aren't accurate (even though he lists his all together), and are to be taken with a grain of salt. Most accurate is to take all the FBS schools, all the FCS schools, all the DII schools, etc.

Bison"FANatic"
09-21-2009, 02:29 AM
Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't Sagrin take into account and way heavily the teams you have played and how they have done against other competition. It is always very screwwy early in the year but as the year progresses most teams end up fairly close to where they actually should be. Not a rating to hang your hat on early in the season, this season or any other season.

4mcruenomore
09-21-2009, 02:43 AM
Hey, good for UND. I say, NDSU needs to prove it on the field. If we can't, then this is what we get.

HerdBot
09-21-2009, 05:50 PM
33 Northern Iowa
49 Minnesota
53 Central Michigan
83 Iowa State
94 Southern Illinois
111 South Dakota State
139 North Dakota
147 Youngstown State
149 South Dakota
166 Illinois State
171 Ball State
172 Western Illinois
173 Missouri State
188 North Dakota State
192 Sam Houston State
199 Indiana State
231 Wagner

November of 2007
41 North Dakota State

Playing Texas Tech helps out UND's rating a lot and they have only played 2 games so it will drop. In 2007 we played 2 FBS teams so that helped us out a lot.

siouxdgj
09-21-2009, 07:05 PM
At this point in the season I think the Sagarin and many other ratings, especially in the FCS, can be taken with a certain grain of salt--or great assault--as I have heard it once described as. If the Bison go on to do well in Missouri Valley play, they'll be all right. At this point many things are just too unclear. The fact that Texas Tech played extremely well agaist Texas Saturday night boded very well for UND. And should UND defeat Stephen F. Austin Saturday (it's likely to be a tough game, on the road for UND in the heat and humidity of Texas), it should boost UND's ratings. After all, SFA took care of Western Illinois this past weekend rather handily. I fail to see why so many NDSU fans are collectively getting their panties in a bunch over things over which they have no control whatsoever. There's plenty of time left in the season to right the ship. There must be a tremendous fear lurking out there in the background that UND is catching up or is in the process of passing the Bison.

bisonmike2
09-21-2009, 07:42 PM
At this point in the season I think the Sagarin and many other ratings, especially in the FCS, can be taken with a certain grain of salt--or great assault--as I have heard it once described as. If the Bison go on to do well in Missouri Valley play, they'll be all right. At this point many things are just too unclear. The fact that Texas Tech played extremely well agaist Texas Saturday night boded very well for UND. And should UND defeat Stephen F. Austin Saturday (it's likely to be a tough game, on the road for UND in the heat and humidity of Texas), it should boost UND's ratings. After all, SFA took care of Western Illinois this past weekend rather handily. I fail to see why so many NDSU fans are collectively getting their panties in a bunch over things over which they have no control whatsoever. There's plenty of time left in the season to right the ship. There must be a tremendous fear lurking out there in the background that UND is catching up or is in the process of passing the Bison.

There's a message for you under smack talk titled "Bow Down" Could you please make sure that the smack makes it to it's proper home on Sioux Sports? It appears some of the SFA fans are easily confused.

Wally
09-22-2009, 05:43 AM

How about every team in FCS just shut down their programs and make UND FCS Champions for this year and years to come. With the numerous accomplishments in their transition, I think they deserve it. Who can forget those gutty wins last year against Western Washington, Wisconsin-La Crosse, St Cloud State and Idaho State. Those program changing wins put UND on the FCS map and by God that amazing, never say die performance at Texas Tech put them on another level. Last, but definitely not least, we can not forget the absolute thrashing of Northwestern State last week that, frankly, has launched UND into another stratosphere among FCS teams. I think their legacy is now cemented as FCS team of the decade, hell I will even say they have the inside track to be FCS team of all foreseeable decades as well. To top things off, UND has climbed the rough and tumble Sagarin ratings and is now rated #139. I say we raise the white flag, Bisonville. We have the FCS version of the Florida Gators on our hands in Grand Forks. I just do not know how we can compete with that powerhouse. I hope they take pity on our poor souls.

SiouxFan
09-22-2009, 02:11 PM
How about every team in FCS just shut down their programs and make UND FCS Champions for this year and years to come. With the numerous accomplishments in their transition, I think they deserve it. Who can forget those gutty wins last year against Western Washington, Wisconsin-La Crosse, St Cloud State and Idaho State. Those program changing wins put UND on the FCS map and by God that amazing, never say die performance at Texas Tech put them on another level. Last, but definitely not least, we can not forget the absolute thrashing of Northwestern State last week that, frankly, has launched UND into another stratosphere among FCS teams. I think their legacy is now cemented as FCS team of the decade, hell I will even say they have the inside track to be FCS team of all foreseeable decades as well. To top things off, UND has climbed the rough and tumble Sagarin ratings and is now rated #139. I say we raise the white flag, Bisonville. We have the FCS version of the Florida Gators on our hands in Grand Forks. I just do not know how we can compete with that powerhouse. I hope they take pity on our poor souls.

Now you know what every UND fan went through for the past 5 years. NDSU hyped the heck out of everything and blew it up in the media for 5 straight years and now the UND fans/media are getting excited and doing it too. I am glad you get to see how it was for us! No smack intended in this post, I am just trying to show the irony.

CaBisonFan
09-22-2009, 02:44 PM
Now you know what every UND fan went through for the past 5 years. NDSU hyped the heck out of everything and blew it up in the media for 5 straight years and now the UND fans/media are getting excited and doing it too. I am glad you get to see how it was for us! No smack intended in this post, I am just trying to show the irony.

The past five years? Hype? Isn't that what athletic programs at universities usually do? When I'm visiting North Dakota, I see the hockey hype everywhere. I feel so sorry for you guys. You were invited to be partners and move up, thumbed yir nose at us, called us stupid, criticized us for moving up, said you'd do it better if/when, said you'd have a conference before announcing, joined a conference that we helped to create, and now we're supposed to have empathy? Wow

Get out the violins Bison fans.

bisonhusker
09-22-2009, 02:51 PM
The only difference is that NDSU had actually done some things before they got excited. Moral victories and beating a team without a head coach does not deserve credit. Honestly, you need to do something for me to give you credit. I am not saying it isn't possible, I am just saying that it hasn't happened yet. Go beat the MAC champs by 30 or pound the ball down the throat of a Big Ten team.....

SiouxFan
09-22-2009, 02:53 PM
Did you read what I wrote at all? Where did I talk about anything that you just replied to?

What I was saying is that UND fans/media are now hyping up the games just as NDSU fans/media did during their transition. It’s called being excited about new games, teams etc.

And you guys weren't hyping things up your first two years of the transition? Really?

Tell you what, I'll just leave it alone, getting a little to heated for such a simple topic.

HerdBot
09-22-2009, 02:58 PM

I know there was no smack intended but don't forget we wanted to keep playing UND and gave you guys the opportunity to make the jump with us, only to be mocked and riddiculed by the AD so you're not going to find any people who will feel sorry for the program watching us have success.

The last 5 years wasn't hype at all. It was good quality football. The national media doesn't buy into the local Fargo hype and give us a #1 ranking. Our wins were not mirages. No matter how you shake it, playing the Gophers, any FBS team, Southern Illinois, Northern Iowa and a full MVFC conference schedule was a dramatic step up from Mankato and St Cloud.

UND will do well because it's a good program but the quickest thing you guys will learn is there is a difference between winning a few FCS games early in the year vs playing an entire D1 schedule. Depth is huge. I think you guys found that out last year losing 4 out of the last 6 games.

Good luck and hopefully we play again.

SiouxFan
09-22-2009, 03:04 PM
I know there was no smack intended but don't forget we wanted to keep playing UND and gave you guys the opportunity to make the jump with us, only to be mocked and riddiculed by the AD so you're not going to find any people who will feel sorry for the program watching us have success.

The last 5 years wasn't hype at all. It was good quality football. The national media doesn't buy into the local Fargo hype and give us a #1 ranking. Our wins were not mirages. No matter how you shake it, playing the Gophers, any FBS team, Southern Illinois, Northern Iowa and a full MVFC conference schedule was a dramatic step up from Mankato and St Cloud.

UND will do well because it's a good program but the quickest thing you guys will learn is there is a difference between winning a few FCS games early in the year vs playing an entire D1 schedule. Depth is huge. I think you guys found that out last year losing 4 out of the last 6 games.

Good luck and hopefully we play again.

Totally understood. I was definitely not looking for empathy and my post had absolutely nothing to do with the 2003 transition timing. Simply about media/fan hype.

GL down in Carbondale, that would be one I would love to watch on TV.

bisonhusker
09-22-2009, 03:04 PM
I honestly believe that eventually the "average fan" will realize what a tragic mistake UND made by not moving up with the Bison. They will realize that hoops is in an Independant Conference with no autobid.....and their football team is in a 5 team conference with also no autobid. Conversely, NDSU is in what many believe is a top ranked conference in America and the basketball team has established themselves as an up and coming mid major who already has made the big stage....and can make the big dance on an annual basis. So, if getting "ranked" above the Bison after a moral victory gets the hockey fans to suddenly start reading some message boards, good. I will take our transition and even our recent football struggles over the unknown anyday. We have some amazing young talent on that football team. Time will tell.

yellowstreak
09-23-2009, 02:37 AM
33 Northern Iowa
49 Minnesota
53 Central Michigan
83 Iowa State
94 Southern Illinois
111 South Dakota State
139 North Dakota
147 Youngstown State
149 South Dakota
166 Illinois State
171 Ball State
172 Western Illinois
173 Missouri State
188 North Dakota State
192 Sam Houston State
199 Indiana State
231 Wagner

November of 2007
41 North Dakota State

Massey Ratings

54 Minnesota
65 Central Michigan
79 Iowa State
83 Northern Iowa
107 South Dakota State
127 Southern Illinois
138 Ball State
142 North Dakota
143 Youngstown State
151 North Dakota State
161 Sam Houston State
165 Missouri State
167 Western Illinois
173 South Dakota
195 Illinois State
356 Indiana State
401 Wagner

http://www.masseyratings.com/rate.php?lg=cf

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-23-2009, 02:50 AM
sagarin is a joke.

st johns of Minnesota would be #8 if they allowed D3 schools in there too.

Generally, Sagarin is spot on. This can and will change dramatically as the season progresses.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-23-2009, 02:53 AM
Hey, good for UND. I say, NDSU needs to prove it on the field. If we can't, then this is what we get.

Right you are.......

A1pigskin
09-24-2009, 11:27 PM
If we get our hindend kicked there will be some screaming.

bisoneer
09-25-2009, 02:57 AM

Yes, I think we should play them this year or any other year from now on (und2, oops d1), they lucked out last week and won as N. Louisiana made some bonehead play calls (go for it, 4 n 1 from their own 17 in 2nd qrtr) and fumble twice on punt returns. So the siox really are not 139, its a typo they are 239.

bisoneer
09-25-2009, 02:59 AM

Go surf your own board!

siouxdgj
09-25-2009, 09:46 PM
Go surf your own board!

Geez! You sure know how to make someone feel welcome. But while you are at it could you please remind someone over on bisonsportsnet to either correct the Iowa State score or remove it entirely.

Tatanka
09-25-2009, 10:00 PM
Come on now, fellers. This is one of the rational UND fans. Let's not tar and feather him quite yet.

http://www.dockingbay101.com/images/albums/userpics/10001/Luke-rotjpromo_dockingbay101.jpg

There is good in him. I can feel it.

siouxdgj
09-28-2009, 07:00 PM
Come on now, fellers. This is one of the rational UND fans. Let's not tar and feather him quite yet.

http://www.dockingbay101.com/images/albums/userpics/10001/Luke-rotjpromo_dockingbay101.jpg

There is good in him. I can feel it.

Thanks, Tatanka, I needed that. I meant no disrespect to the Bison. I realize expectations are high and that at this point there's no need to push the panic button. After all, Bison played a much closer game than the Sioux did Saturday night. Nevertheless, I would caution against Sioux fans getting too upset either over just one game. Who would have thought that Stephen F. Austin would have been the Texas team to really lay one on the Sioux? Look at it this way: South Dakota after getting whomped by Northern Iowa really stomped on Southeastern Louisiana, another Southland Conference team. I think it's too early in the season to toss in the towel. And thanks again, Tatanka.

Bison bison
09-28-2009, 07:41 PM
This is one of the rational UND fans. Let's not tar and feather him quite yet.

You're an ox and a moron!

Tatanka
09-28-2009, 08:15 PM
You're an ox and a moron!

OK, fine. So sue me.

:D

TrimburWeiten
09-29-2009, 05:12 PM
Did you read what I wrote at all? Where did I talk about anything that you just replied to?

What I was saying is that UND fans/media are now hyping up the games just as NDSU fans/media did during their transition. It’s called being excited about new games, teams etc.

And you guys weren't hyping things up your first two years of the transition? Really?

Tell you what, I'll just leave it alone, getting a little to heated for such a simple topic.
Really? hype? i think not. we actually had talent and wins to back it up.