PDA

View Full Version : Stay Classy Grand Forks

Mr. Burgundy
09-18-2009, 04:44 AM
Do you put this in the "retractable roof" category??? I would suggest that UND coaches try to stay clean on recruits....in the day and age of message boards, these kids talk too much. Here is a quote from the new PG that UND just verballed. He chose UND over Crookston, Concordia St. Paul and Youngstown State. This reminds me of the quote from the football player two years ago saying that he was excited to practice in their new indoor facility. I guess you can rest assured that the Bison hoopers are going to be sold a legit product and nothing more. GO BISON

__________________________________________________ __________
"There are numerous of things that sold me on North Dakota," Aaron said. "The first thing is the environment and the campus. It's real nice, I liked it a lot when I was down there. Second thing is the players and coaching staff. I felt comfortable around them and had a good time when I was on my visit. Third thing is it's an organization that moves up to division one that is going to play in the Summit League and I wanted to be apart of the process of building the team to be a D-1 team. Last but not least they have my major, which is business and a nice alumni base so I have good resources to get a job after college."

Steven Threet
09-18-2009, 05:55 AM
Do you put this in the "retractable roof" category??? I would suggest that UND coaches try to stay clean on recruits....in the day and age of message boards, these kids talk too much. Here is a quote from the new PG that UND just verballed. He chose UND over Crookston, Concordia St. Paul and Youngstown State. This reminds me of the quote from the football player two years ago saying that he was excited to practice in their new indoor facility. I guess you can rest assured that the Bison hoopers are going to be sold a legit product and nothing more. GO BISON

"There are numerous of things that sold me on North Dakota," Aaron said. "The first thing is the environment and the campus. It's real nice, I liked it a lot when I was down there. Second thing is the players and coaching staff. I felt comfortable around them and had a good time when I was on my visit. Third thing is it's an organization that moves up to division one that is going to play in the Summit League and I wanted to be apart of the process of building the team to be a D-1 team. Last but not least they have my major, which is business and a nice alumni base so I have good resources to get a job after college."

I'm sure this was an honest mistake. I mean, everyone gets confused about South Dakota vs. North Dakota, why would the UND coaches be any different? I can tell you from my own recruiting experience that there are plenty of reasons why a kid would pick UND, for example, they have the best engineering school in the state. Plus, they have hockey.

Tatanka
09-18-2009, 01:29 PM

Looks like he signed up for the standard package:

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/handfuldecal.jpg

tony
09-18-2009, 02:39 PM
Well, honestly, UND would have to screw up in spectacular* fashion not to get an invitation to the Summit League now that USD is in.

* Or choose any of the following three modifiers: monumental, stupendous, prodigious, titanic.

bisonhusker
09-18-2009, 03:06 PM
They had to promise the Summit league to get a kid over offers from Crookston, Concordia St. Paul and Youngstown State? Well, for the kids sake, I hope they get in the Summit or the coaches will look pretty bad. But then again, they have promised the best engineering school in the state and a retractable roof/indoor practice facility (these are just some of the things that their signings have been quoted as liking about why they chose or were looking at UND). The football player figured out that NDSU was the engineering school...and he made the correct choice.

TheBisonator
09-18-2009, 06:31 PM
Well, honestly, UND would have to screw up in spectacular* fashion not to get an invitation to the Summit League now that USD is in.

* Or choose any of the following three modifiers: monumental, stupendous, prodigious, titanic.

Hey, as long as UND at this current moment does not have any invitation to the Summit League, I am happy. And I will continue to be happy for however many days more UND continues to be left out of a legitimate conference for most of its sports.

CyRoller
09-18-2009, 07:31 PM
Hey, as long as UND at this current moment does not have any invitation to the Summit League, I am happy. And I will continue to be happy for however many days more UND continues to be left out of a legitimate conference for most of its sports.

Hold on I thought you guys played in the Valley conference? And why wouldn't you want UND to join?

roadwarrior
09-18-2009, 07:32 PM
Hold on I thought you guys played in the Valley conference? And why wouldn't you want UND to join?

With all the time you spend here, I thought you would know us better.

CyRoller
09-18-2009, 07:36 PM
With all the time you spend here, I thought you would know us better.

Hey I'm still learning, but they were serious questions. What conference are you in and why wouldn't you want the team from Grand Forks to join? Did I just refer to that other team in the right way?

roadwarrior
09-18-2009, 07:42 PM
Hey I'm still learning, but they were serious questions. What conference are you in and why wouldn't you want the team from Grand Forks to join? Did I just refer to that other team in the right way?

We are only in the Missouri Valley for football. Most of our sports are in the Summit League. Wrestling is in the Western Wrestling Conference.

Most of us don't really care for the team in grand forks.

coldspot
09-18-2009, 07:43 PM
Football mvfc
Everything else summit league

onbison09
09-18-2009, 07:55 PM

University to the North.

CaBisonFan
09-18-2009, 09:30 PM

They've done a great job so far...:nod:

CaBisonFan
09-18-2009, 09:31 PM

Are you really a cy fan?

JSUBison
09-18-2009, 09:36 PM
Are you really a cy fan?

It's a UNI fan. I don't know why everybody here falls for this time and time again.

Facts
09-20-2009, 06:37 PM

Wait... Grand Forks has a team???!!!

coldspot
09-20-2009, 09:54 PM

no no no, east grand forks has a team

Northland Pioneers (http://www.northlandcollege.edu/athletics/football/)

DjKyRo
09-20-2009, 10:11 PM

Sure they do!

http://www.gfschools.org/education/sportszone/sportszone.php?sectionid=1178

X-Factor
09-21-2009, 12:09 AM
University to the North.

University? I prefer - The Big Lie to the North. :p At least it is consistent with the thread topic anyway. :hide:

BadlandsBison
09-21-2009, 05:04 AM
It's a UNI fan. I don't know why everybody here falls for this time and time again.

Big news. It may be GottaBurnIt working under a false name, or possibly a collective effort of multiple UNI fans. It can't be more than 3 UNI fans working together, however. Given the standards for residential structures, a group of UNI fans any larger than 3 would result in structural failure.