PDA

View Full Version : Tailgating???

koolaid
09-15-2009, 01:57 AM
I heard a rumor that I might have to register/reserve a spot to have a vehicle inside the tailgating area at the FargoDome this year. Is this true or do I just have to get in line like always? Thanks in advance.

imabison
09-15-2009, 02:08 AM
I heard a rumor that I might have to register/reserve a spot to have a vehicle inside the tailgating area at the FargoDome this year. Is this true or do I just have to get in line like always? Thanks in advance.

Preserving a spot is an option, but you are allowed to sit in line if the spots are not all taken. Have not heard that.

99Bison
09-15-2009, 02:52 AM
Looks like 80% of the spots in the west paved parking lot are sold. The remaining and all of the grass is still $3 (unless the regular parking rate is raised too :).

MHDBisonfan
09-15-2009, 02:57 AM
99 - is that a hard 80%? We're just trying to figure out if we can get our "normal" spot on the far north side of the lot or if we'll have to roll over to the grass. Is there a spot you went to get that info? Thanks

99Bison
09-15-2009, 03:10 AM
99 - is that a hard 80%? We're just trying to figure out if we can get our "normal" spot on the far north side of the lot or if we'll have to roll over to the grass. Is there a spot you went to get that info? Thanks

I asked the horses mouth this weekend and they said it was about 80%. I didn't ask about locations. My personal assumption is the far north is the least likely to be reserved already.

spelunker64
09-15-2009, 03:15 AM
Reserved spot owners will line up in the drive along side the FFD and be allowed in first. Those with out reserved spots will line up on the east/west drive on the south side of the lot and be allowed in after the reserved.

As far as I can tell

VanClubPres
09-15-2009, 03:26 AM

We are in spots 22-25 in row D and E North Lot. Spot one being center line and row A being on Albrect. I think that I am dang near the last one, (just guessing, because I fought it for so long.) So you shoudl be alright if I remeber where you have set up in the past.

MNLonghorn10
09-15-2009, 03:30 AM
looks like we're playin in the grass ;)

lakes or sav you guys got a spot or not?

lakesbison
09-15-2009, 03:41 AM
we are going to be dubbed THE TREE PEOPLE!

it's the TREE'S BOWL!

and it will be a "MO FO RAINFOREST IN THERE!"

p.s-do they tow cars on friday night??

NDSUFan_Sav
09-15-2009, 06:55 AM

not sure bout Lakes, but we'll prob just head into the grass and grill there or whatever. Feel free to join us there and then we'll prob be walking around talking to others SD's got a lot i'm sure he won't mind us stopping by and some others.

lakesbison
09-15-2009, 07:09 AM
I have big plans, and I started a new thread, where I will be revealing the 'tailgating plans' and the new drink of the year.

last year was the BISON BOMB.

now it's going to be the "BOHL-HOLE" ha ha.

HandoEX
09-15-2009, 01:13 PM

I bet our normal spot won't get taken. You can just get there at 10AM to make sure it's still ours:D

tony
09-15-2009, 02:40 PM
we are going to be dubbed THE TREE PEOPLE!

it's the TREE'S BOWL!

and it will be a "MO FO RAINFOREST IN THERE!"

p.s-do they tow cars on friday night??

quoted for bumpage.

MHDBisonfan
09-15-2009, 04:21 PM
I asked the horses mouth this weekend and they said it was about 80%. I didn't ask about locations. My personal assumption is the far north is the least likely to be reserved already.

We are in spots 22-25 in row D and E North Lot. Spot one being center line and row A being on Albrect. I think that I am dang near the last one, (just guessing, because I fought it for so long.) So you shoudl be alright if I remeber where you have set up in the past.

OK, thanks guys....does anyone know for sure if the reserved spots get to go in half hour early? For the rest of us schlubs, is it still 5 hours before? I thought I heard that somewhere. Just trying to get the timing figured out on how we want to do things. If we get our "normal" spot, we'd like to do that, but if we end up out on the grass, i guess thats ok too.

MNLonghorn10
09-15-2009, 06:04 PM
what do you mean 5 hours before?

last year our convoy would go round 11:30-11:45 if tailgating started at 1 to get our spot, but thats likely reseved now so probably go 12-1230

99Bison
09-15-2009, 06:46 PM
OK, thanks guys....does anyone know for sure if the reserved spots get to go in half hour early? For the rest of us schlubs, is it still 5 hours before? I thought I heard that somewhere. Just trying to get the timing figured out on how we want to do things. If we get our "normal" spot, we'd like to do that, but if we end up out on the grass, i guess thats ok too.

Yes. Reserved spots get in 30 minutes earlier to setup. Also, only reserved will line up on albrecht blvd - to be let in first, while non reserved is lined up on the ave.

Swany
09-15-2009, 09:34 PM
Here is my guess: it will be a mess on Saturday with people trying to get in, where to get in, where to line up, etc. This policy hasn't been advertised too well. If it has I've completely missed it, and as a news junkie, there isn't much that slips by these watchful eyes. Logistically I think it would be better just to let everyone in at the same time, from the same place, and direct all those without reserved spots to the grass. Let those with reserved spots stake their claims when they get into the lot.

As it is the first time for the system there will be kinks that need to be ironed out. But trying to direct such a large (anxious/excited) crowd is already like trying to herd cats (in this case Bison). Splitting the herd into two groups will only cause headaches. We'll find out soon enough.

And just to rant briefly -- does anyone else think it is complete b.s. that they are charging people money for these spots? I understand the arguments for it: raising more money for Team Makers, unbriddled capitalism (I am a fan), corporate sponsorship, etc., but where do you draw the line? Don't fans, particularly those who give to the university through Team Makers, already give enough? Is this good marketing/policy or just plain greed? Thoughts?

56BISON73
09-15-2009, 09:44 PM
Here is my guess: it will be a mess on Saturday with people trying to get in, where to get in, where to line up, etc. This policy hasn't been advertised too well. If it has I've completely missed it, and as a news junkie, there isn't much that slips by these watchful eyes. Logistically I think it would be better just to let everyone in at the same time, from the same place, and direct all those without reserved spots to the grass. Let those with reserved spots stake their claims when they get into the lot.

As it is the first time for the system there will be kinks that need to be ironed out. But trying to direct such a large (anxious/excited) crowd is already like trying to herd cats (in this case Bison). Splitting the herd into two groups will only cause headaches. We'll find out soon enough.

And just to rant briefly -- does anyone else think it is complete b.s. that they are charging people money for these spots? I understand the arguments for it: raising more money for Team Makers, unbriddled capitalism (I am a fan), corporate sponsorship, etc., but where do you draw the line? Don't fans, particularly those who give to the university through Team Makers, already give enough? Is this good marketing/policy or just plain greed? Thoughts?

There is nothing the matter with charging for parking. Go to some big time stadiums sometime. Many you have to donate 5-10 grand just to be close to the stadium.
If people want D1 then there is a price for that. The parking lot was an untapped resource. The new parking system also rewards people who have donated money over a period of time with the priority points system. Those with the most points get their choice of parking spaces over those that dont donate.
Its not like the parking for those that dont donate is a mile away. Its what???? May be 150 yards from the dome?

99Bison
09-15-2009, 10:25 PM

It's what all the larger teams do, so yea... they should be able to charge more the closer you are to the stadium. Now, perhaps a little more benefit, separation, detail, overnight ability, or something would be nice to make it seem less like you are paying $25/game while the neighbor guy is paying $3.

MHDBisonfan
09-15-2009, 10:39 PM
what do you mean 5 hours before?

last year our convoy would go round 11:30-11:45 if tailgating started at 1 to get our spot, but thats likely reseved now so probably go 12-1230

No, I know that, i just meant did the gates open at different times for the reserved/nonreserved with the nonreserved opening 5 hours before kickoff. don't worry, we've got it timed out perfectly, just need to know exactly when those gates open! :D

Hammersmith
09-16-2009, 01:52 AM
Just a thought...

The old way, there was no way to really prove who was parking in the west lot for tailgating, and who was there just to park because it was closer to their seats. If they can totally fill the west lot through the reserved spots, maybe they can use the demand to force the FD Authority to pave the remaining two lots. If that happens, they could create two levels of reserved parking with the current lots priced higher than the new lots. Also, the new lots could have their own entrance to the south which would improve traffic flow during that first hour.

Just a thought.

BisonFootballFan
09-16-2009, 03:36 AM
Any idea as to why NDSU/TeamMakers doesn't make tailgating more of an event? I liked the atmosphere in WYO (didn't make it to the ISU game) where they had bouncy things for the kids, people selling food, a band... Seems like there could be money made selling food and beverages.

VanClubPres
09-16-2009, 03:55 AM
There is nothing the matter with charging for parking. Go to some big time stadiums sometime. Many you have to donate 5-10 grand just to be close to the stadium.
If people want D1 then there is a price for that. The parking lot was an untapped resource. The new parking system also rewards people who have donated money over a period of time with the priority points system. Those with the most points get their choice of parking spaces over those that dont donate.
Its not like the parking for those that dont donate is a mile away. Its what???? May be 150 yards from the dome?

It is understood what you are saying, and I paid because I like where we were, didnt get that spot, just the way that is is. THAT SAID, we are not Iowa, who has overnight parking, we are not Flordia who has 90000 people that want to tailgate. We are NDSU. I paid because I wanted to be where we were before, Not because I thought that it was going to help out the school that much. They are vaild reasons. I do not disagree with any of them. I just think that they are out of place.

A big part of the lure is that tailgating was (still is?) for everyone. I was parked next to the 6 didget RV on one side and on the other side, the guys that were tailgating out of the trunk of their car for the first time. Across from me there was a bus decked out in all its glory. Everyone was equals. That what I wanted out of tailgating.

56BISON73
09-16-2009, 04:10 AM
It is understood what you are saying, and I paid because I like where we were, didnt get that spot, just the way that is is. THAT SAID, we are not Iowa, who has overnight parking, we are not Flordia who has 90000 people that want to tailgate. We are NDSU. I paid because I wanted to be where we were before, Not because I thought that it was going to help out the school that much. They are vaild reasons. I do not disagree with any of them. I just think that they are out of place.

A big part of the lure is that tailgating was (still is?) for everyone. I was parked next to the 6 didget RV on one side and on the other side, the guys that were tailgating out of the trunk of their car for the first time. Across from me there was a bus decked out in all its glory. Everyone was equals. That what I wanted out of tailgating.

Whats changed???? It still is for everybody. The same people will still be within the same area. Some have the same spots. Some dont. There is still 3.00 parking for those that didnt want to pay the price. And they are still a stones throw from the dome.
One also has to look at how big tailgating has become. Especially with more and more big rigs taking up so much space. They had to get a handle on it.

99Bison
09-16-2009, 04:10 AM
Any idea as to why NDSU/TeamMakers doesn't make tailgating more of an event? I liked the atmosphere in WYO (didn't make it to the ISU game) where they had bouncy things for the kids, people selling food, a band... Seems like there could be money made selling food and beverages.

Really?? Where was this at WYO?

Herd Mentality
09-16-2009, 05:24 AM
Really?? Where was this at WYO?

On the practice field, where the NDSU alumni gathering was at. I liked it as well for the reason that we've now made tailgating at SU a 21 and up event. It'd be nice to see something similar for the under 21 and family crowd.

99Bison
09-16-2009, 09:01 PM
On the practice field, where the NDSU alumni gathering was at. I liked it as well for the reason that we've now made tailgating at SU a 21 and up event. It'd be nice to see something similar for the under 21 and family crowd.

Oh yea, I was in that exact spot... It was ok i guess. There were a couple kiddie friendly things to do. The rest the tailgating scene there was very pathetic though.

Personally not a big fan of the selling food aspect from a tailgate perspective, feels too much like a staged social networking event vs. grass roots friendly event that tailgating represents. However, I would be all for an staged area with sold food, games to go, etc. in a centralized area for those who don't want to go through the tailgating effort.

99Bison
09-16-2009, 09:36 PM
From the latest TM email:
----
A REMAINDER for tailgating fans:

Fans who have purchased reserved tailgate spots line up on Albrecht Boulevard and can enter the area 5 ˝ hours before the kick-off. Make sure you have your passes in view for the parking attendants as entrance to Albrecht Boulevard will not be allowed without them

Fans not having reserved tailgate spots line up on 17th Ave and can enter the area 5 hours before kick-off. Unreserved spots are still available at the north end of the parking lot (look for areas without numbers) on a first come, first served basis and also west of the trees in the grass is open.

As always remember all alcohol must be poured into paper/plastic cups….NO alcohol can be consumed until 5 hours before kick-off.

runtheoption
09-16-2009, 09:56 PM
Fans who have purchased reserved tailgate spots line up on Albrecht Boulevard and can enter the area 5 ˝ hours before the kick-off. Make sure you have your passes in view for the parking attendants as entrance to Albrecht Boulevard will not be allowed without them

Does it matter which direction/side we line up on Albrecht? Or is it same as always: 2 lines starting at the entrance, one line heading north on Albrecht and one line heading south on Albrecht; both lines filling up the west side of Albrecht and then the east side of Albrecht?

99Bison
09-16-2009, 09:59 PM
Does it matter which direction/side we line up on Albrecht? Or is it same as always: 2 lines starting at the entrance, one line heading north on Albrecht and one line heading south on Albrecht; both lines filling up the west side of Albrecht and then the east side of Albrecht?

Dunno, but that would be my guess too.

lakesbison
09-16-2009, 10:08 PM
NO alcohol can be consumed until 5 hours before kick-off.

^^^^^^^^^^^^YEAAAA RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!^^^^^^^^^^^^

chuckles
09-16-2009, 10:41 PM
----

Fans not having reserved tailgate spots line up on 17th Ave and can enter the area 5 hours before kick-off. Unreserved spots are still available at the north end of the parking lot (look for areas without numbers) on a first come, first served basis and also west of the trees in the grass is open.

As always remember all alcohol must be poured into paper/plastic cups….NO alcohol can be consumed until 5 hours before kick-off.

hehe!! good luck with that!

sambini
09-17-2009, 03:07 AM
NO alcohol can be consumed until 5 hours before kick-off.

^^^^^^^^^^^^YEAAAA RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!^^^^^^^^^^^^

Unless you are at Chubs Pub+++

Jdubs21
09-17-2009, 03:20 AM
The grass is where i'll be!!!....and will deff be breaking the alcohol rule kinda lame if u ask me? anyone know who is coming up with this crap?

MNLonghorn10
09-17-2009, 04:01 AM
probably the dome nazis.

do they allow drinking games int he grass?

VanClubPres
09-17-2009, 04:27 AM
Whats changed???? It still is for everybody. The same people will still be within the same area. Some have the same spots. Some dont. There is still 3.00 parking for those that didnt want to pay the price. And they are still a stones throw from the dome.
One also has to look at how big tailgating has become. Especially with more and more big rigs taking up so much space. They had to get a handle on it.

You are not looking at it the same as I, nor am I looking at it the same as you. I lined up 4-5 hours early every game so I could get into the same spot. It has nothing to do with how far from the dome it is. That was "our spot". Now we just have to make our new spot our spot. And it is not the same for everyone. Those who have chosen not to pay, or cant pay will not be in the areas that they have come to enjoy. Everyone mostly had an area that "was theirs". People didnt line up for hours just for the hell of it. It was important to me and it was important to others. It does mean something to those of us that are there for every game. Maybe I am way off base, but its how I feel.

But look, it is over now, we are going to tailgate rain or shine, and we will have a blast nontheless...Lets Go Bison.

4mcruenomore
09-17-2009, 04:29 AM
I used to get a spot in the north of the west paved lot every time, now I will be out in the dirt b/c I didn't reserve a spot. I call bull shit on some of this, yes it's a step forward, but still sucks. Maybe in this day and age we can actually pave the lot west of the trees that is FULL every game day? Still debating on trying to reserve a spot, maybe close to the potties??lol

Jay
09-17-2009, 04:44 AM
You are not looking at it the same as I, nor am I looking at it the same as you. I lined up 4-5 hours early every game so I could get into the same spot. It has nothing to do with how far from the dome it is. That was "our spot". Now we just have to make our new spot our spot. And it is not the same for everyone. Those who have chosen not to pay, or cant pay will not be in the areas that they have come to enjoy. Everyone mostly had an area that "was theirs". People didnt line up for hours just for the hell of it. It was important to me and it was important to others. It does mean something to those of us that are there for every game. Maybe I am way off base, but its how I feel.

But look, it is over now, we are going to tailgate rain or shine, and we will have a blast nontheless...Lets Go Bison.

I feel the exact same way. I hate this parking idea with a passion, but will deal with it. I will still be in line early as hell.

Herd Mentality
09-17-2009, 05:13 AM
completely legal to consume in your "RV" while in line and waiting the first half hour...

TAILG8R
09-17-2009, 03:39 PM
I used to get a spot in the north of the west paved lot every time, now I will be out in the dirt b/c I didn't reserve a spot. I call bull shit on some of this, yes it's a step forward, but still sucks. Maybe in this day and age we can actually pave the lot west of the trees that is FULL every game day? Still debating on trying to reserve a spot, maybe close to the potties??lol

Speaking of bathrooms I hope they do a better job of having facilities further out in to the grass lot. If the entire grass field is going to be full I should have to walk all the way to the trees to go the the bathroom.

stevdock
09-17-2009, 04:21 PM
I know for alot of you, they go hand in hand. But this makes me wonder which is more important to most of you, getting blitzed before the game or actually cheering on the team?? My guess is the first one, and that is a really sad impression on what Bison games have turned into if you ask me.

bisonhusker
09-17-2009, 04:23 PM
I know for alot of you, they go hand in hand. But this makes me wonder which is more important to most of you, getting blitzed before the game or actually cheering on the team?? My guess is the first one, and that is a really sad impression on what Bison games have turned into if you ask me.

Really? I think that is a pretty agressive stereotype. Just relax. Enjoy the game how you want to enjoy it.

NDSUFan_Sav
09-17-2009, 04:26 PM
Really? I think that is a pretty agressive stereotype. Just relax. Enjoy the game how you want to enjoy it.

yeah what he said.....see you on saturday!!!!!

Jay
09-17-2009, 05:27 PM

Boy you sound like a ball of fun.

heckler
09-17-2009, 05:32 PM

http://rlv.zcache.com/who_let_buzz_killington_in_tshirt-p235330529106011040q6v8_400.jpg

Jay
09-17-2009, 05:43 PM
And I will be pouring bison bombs down my throat before the game.

tjbison
09-17-2009, 05:45 PM

Just because some like to tailgate AND enjoy the game is not a "SAD IMPRESSION", jesus they tailgate at every football game in the country and there are alot of places that don't have the rules we have.

SDbison
09-17-2009, 05:58 PM

What he said x 100......

SDbison
09-17-2009, 06:09 PM
----

So when the pay lots were first discussed were we not going to get in 6 hours before (an hour earlier) now its 5.5 hours before?
Also whaat is the big fricking deal with the 5.00000000 hour only drinking deal. Lets see, the lot opens at 12:30 for a 6 PM game for reserved parking, the first vehicles rolling in then others jockeying to get to their spots and settle in.......time goes by as coolers are unloaded, tables set up and grills readied. Hmmmmmm.....its 12:50 by now, but shame, shame, shame.........can't crack open that beer or pour that drink for 10 minutes.......wow! Give me a F'ing break. This isn't kindergarten is it? Control Freaks! Maybe we need a air horn to signal when its OK to drink........don't want to be 37 seconds early.....might get busted!
Somebody cue up Beavis and Butthead......breakin the law......breakin the law.

Trim
09-17-2009, 06:18 PM
Am I the only one who likes the grass lot? Apparently. The only reason I didn't get a reserved spot was because you couldn't get one in the grass.

Anyway, SD, that was hilarious... an air horn to signal the start of drinking.

MNLonghorn10
09-17-2009, 06:34 PM

fargo earned the 5th drunkest city in amercia, and damnit, we're going to let to let it live on.
http://www.wbaltv.com/health/14862343/detail.html

(btw its called alcohol control. it ain't hard to get drunk then go inside and enjoy the game without blacking out.)

roadwarrior
09-17-2009, 06:38 PM
Weather forecast for saturday: sunny and 84 !!!

Siouxfallsbison
09-17-2009, 07:11 PM
Will be in Fargo for our first game at the FargoDome Saturday. Can't wait!

lakesbison
09-17-2009, 07:18 PM
OK. 1pm. EVERYONE JOIN IN FOR THE BIGGEST "SOCIAL"!!!! DRINK!!

Please Don't tailgate in my spot in the trees, I need about a 100 Sq Ft Yard spot.

SteveDock. you're up first in the JELLY WRESTLING POOL!!!

SDbison
09-17-2009, 07:45 PM
Will be in Fargo for our first game at the FargoDome Saturday. Can't wait!
All right, I have some more Bisonfans in my area.........I work in Sioux Falls and live just north of town. I recently met a few people in Sioux Falls that have connections to NDSU and told them about this messageboard. PM me if you want, maybe you are one of them. Would be great to someday get a bunch of fans from Sioux Falls to head up to the games together!
NOTE: I plan on having a pregame party at my country home prior to the SDSU game. Later, we will head up to Brookings for the 3 hour tailgate or whatever they are allowed.

MNLonghorn10
09-17-2009, 07:51 PM
Weather forecast for saturday: sunny and 84 !!!
Perfect getting blitzed weather

This week alone has been better than any week we had june-august

SDbison
09-17-2009, 07:57 PM
Perfect getting blitzed weather

This week alone has been better than any week we had june-august
Yeah, last home opener with weather like this I said the same and look what happened.....missed the entire first half.

EndZoneQB
09-17-2009, 11:09 PM
OK. 1pm. EVERYONE JOIN IN FOR THE BIGGEST "SOCIAL"!!!! DRINK!!

Please Don't tailgate in my spot in the trees, I need about a 100 Sq Ft Yard spot.

SteveDock. you're up first in the JELLY WRESTLING POOL!!!

We'll be there to hold down the spot!

So when the pay lots were first discussed were we not going to get in 6 hours before (an hour earlier) now its 5.5 hours before?
Also whaat is the big fricking deal with the 5.00000000 hour only drinking deal. Lets see, the lot opens at 12:30 for a 6 PM game for reserved parking, the first vehicles rolling in then others jockeying to get to their spots and settle in.......time goes by as coolers are unloaded, tables set up and grills readied. Hmmmmmm.....its 12:50 by now, but shame, shame, shame.........can't crack open that beer or pour that drink for 10 minutes.......wow! Give me a F'ing break. This isn't kindergarten is it? Control Freaks! Maybe we need a air horn to signal when its OK to drink........don't want to be 37 seconds early.....might get busted!
Somebody cue up Beavis and Butthead......breakin the law......breakin the law.

I think we got in trouble once last year for starting too early after the game. The next security that walked by said, "we don't care"...seems like its a grab bag of who cares and doesn't. Same with "drinking games". Got yelled at for beer pong, then we went and played at someone elses spot??

Jay
09-17-2009, 11:18 PM
I got yelled at for having a beer bong out there last year.

The Lost Dutchman
09-17-2009, 11:39 PM
If you guys want free Burger Time burgers and chips, come check out the Y94 Bob 95 Mojo Rock 102 KFGO and 740 The Fan Tent Saturday.

NDSUFan_Sav
09-17-2009, 11:45 PM
fargo earned the 5th drunkest city in amercia, and damnit, we're going to let to let it live on.

(btw its called alcohol control. it ain't hard to get drunk then go inside and enjoy the game without blacking out.)

DAMNIT.....i'm screwed then

NDSUFan_Sav
09-17-2009, 11:46 PM
Yeah, last home opener with weather like this I said the same and look what happened.....missed the entire first half.

well you did make it into Iowa State game even though there were trees near by :D

VanClubPres
09-18-2009, 03:20 AM
In all seriousness, all changes to the tailgating aside.

What time are you all planning to line up?

The usual 5-6 for non reserved? A couple 2-3 for reserved? Me personally, the couple hour wait is really part of it too, I love the anticapation.

I CANT WAIT!!! this is going to be so fun!

MNLonghorn10
09-18-2009, 03:26 AM
dont know, probably between 10:30-11..if im up in time.

so likely 11:30-12

Jay
09-18-2009, 03:26 AM
In all seriousness, all changes to the tailgating aside.

What time are you all planning to line up?

The usual 5-6 for non reserved? A couple 2-3 for reserved? Me personally, the couple hour wait is really part of it too, I love the anticapation.

I CANT WAIT!!! this is going to be so fun!

Early (8-9:30 range), not set in stone yet. That's a lot of the fun for me too.. I make it an all day experience.

4mcruenomore
09-18-2009, 04:25 AM
Do they have numbers painted on the spots or what. F'n people park all crooked and drunk the way it is, now they are suppose to get in an exact spot with a crew cab truck, grille stuff, all this? I mean, I just don't get it. So you get there early, park, some reserve guy pulls up like 1 hour before the game, now they make me move? And can I still just show up, pay $3, and go back into the grass? Or has this changed too then. Little help here. Story about the drunk crooked parking, last year some guy had a crew cab long box dodge try to park next to us, I needed a can opener to get into my truck, I mean come on.

lakesbison
09-18-2009, 05:09 AM
painted numbers and squares.

yes you can park in grass for $3

DjKyRo
09-18-2009, 06:25 AM
Do they have numbers painted on the spots or what.

Actually they do. I park in the West lot for classes and they have numbers painted on every spot.

Bison_Pride
09-18-2009, 07:30 AM
Everyone could come down to the Sidestreet bar and buy the Wagner coaches some drinks on Friday, their team is staying at the Howard Johnson's. It might be funny to see what plays they call with a hangover.

Jay
09-18-2009, 12:27 PM
Have they or will they post what's reserved and not reserved in the west lot so their isn't a mad dash up and down the aisles of the parking lot like supermarket sweep when the lot opens up for the non-reserved spots? That way people will know where to go for the open spots on the paved lot.

roadwarrior
09-18-2009, 12:58 PM
The open spots will not have numbers.

Jay
09-18-2009, 01:12 PM
The open spots will not have numbers.

Yes, I know this. But that doesn't tell me where to go if I need three spots (so I can get there quick and get out of peoples way). It would alleviate posible headaches when the lot opens. (p.s. I hate the parking idea)

roadwarrior
09-18-2009, 01:16 PM
All of the spots on the south half of the lot are taken. If you have time today, drive out there and scope it out. Or use the grass lot.

Tatanka
09-18-2009, 01:26 PM
Everyone could come down to the Sidestreet bar and buy the Wagner coaches some drinks on Friday, their team is staying at the Howard Johnson's. It might be funny to see what plays they call with a hangover.

"We spared no expense!"
http://www.tribute.ca/tribute_objects/images/stars/richard_attenborough.jpg

:rolleyes:

Bisonfan1
09-18-2009, 07:36 PM
HEY - were the heck is everybody ??? Im the only one in the lot tailgating on game day - grills going, flags are up, beverage in a plastic cup, kick off only 3.5 hours away. Bunch a big talkers on here getting here early etc. LOSERS !!

Edit - oops - Was just informed the game is tomorrow, guess I got too anxious. See everybody tomorrow then, Im the loser :D putting finishing touches on the NEW Tailgating Rig right now.

lakesbison
09-18-2009, 08:03 PM
My Trucks Out There Already... Shhhhhhhh

roadwarrior
09-18-2009, 08:11 PM
My Trucks Out There Already... Shhhhhhhh

Look for it in the impound lot in the morning! :D

GOB1SON
09-18-2009, 08:34 PM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/253441/group/home/

Get there early!

HooliganBison
09-18-2009, 09:26 PM
:offtopic: Just got back from Scheels, lots of people picking up Bison gear. It's going to be crazy tomorrow.

Bison"FANatic"
09-18-2009, 09:30 PM
:offtopic: Just got back from Scheels, lots of people picking up Bison gear. It's going to be crazy tomorrow.

It was pretty busy last night also. Had to stop in and get the daughter a NDSU cheerleader outfit.

DjKyRo
09-19-2009, 02:24 AM
Tell me about it - I went in to get a Nalgene for the various stuff we're doing tomorrow....a $12 budget quickly turned into a $140 one as I saw the new shirts. Sad, but awesome because it's Bison schwag.

Jay
09-19-2009, 01:49 PM
Where is everyone? I am the first one in line.

Bisonfan1
09-19-2009, 01:59 PM

I know the lonely feeling, I was set up yesterday :D Gotta 100 mile drive coming up, leaving in a bit, couldnt even sleep last night waiting for today. Washing the rig ( again ) finish packing and eastbound. See ya all there. Over and Out.

IzzyFlexion
09-19-2009, 02:05 PM

WARNING:
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cs/Cross_Thread/Cross_Thread.jpg

Are you sure that you didn't accidently show up at the Southern Iowa tailgate?

DIGRAPPLER
09-19-2009, 02:44 PM
Drove by the west lot last night. Flags flying, sun was shinning, tents were up. I am heading for the grass lot with my family and my sister from the cities with the minivan! Can't wait for the team intro!

56BISON73
09-19-2009, 03:07 PM
I know the lonely feeling, I was set up yesterday :D Gotta 100 mile drive coming up, leaving in a bit, couldnt even sleep last night waiting for today. Washing the rig ( again ) finish packing and eastbound. See ya all there. Over and Out.

You mean you arent on the road YET?????????:D Do I need to come get you? LOL LOL

Tatanka
09-19-2009, 04:32 PM
Just put the finishing touches on a tray full of Tatankabobs. Stop by TOHBTC for a chance at scoring some culinary wizardry, and/or the Tatankabobs.

walknroehl
09-20-2009, 03:34 AM

pfft MADD? I lump them in with PETA.

HandoEX
09-20-2009, 04:11 AM
It was great to get to the line on 17th ave 2 hours before the unreserved lots opened only to find out at 12:55 that the line was facing the wrong way. I didn't lose too many spots in line, but it was still stupid that no one said anything to the 20 cars parked on the north side of 17th west of albrecht.

Jay
09-20-2009, 04:41 AM
It was great to get to the line on 17th ave 2 hours before the unreserved lots opened only to find out at 12:55 that the line was facing the wrong way. I didn't lose too many spots in line, but it was still stupid that no one said anything to the 20 cars parked on the north side of 17th west of albrecht.

Sucked big time. I gave Simmers a good tongue lashing for that one. Right after he makes everyone turn around, they open that entrance up. Complete clusterf*ck. How about they have a little meeting beforehand to go over what's going to happen at 1:00.

MHDBisonfan
09-20-2009, 03:09 PM
What was everyone's thoughts now that one game of reserved tg is in the books?

On our "walkaround" it seemed like the reserved spots were a little more congested than in the past, everyone sort of squeezed into the yellow lines, but that was just our impression. We rolled in at just a little after 1 and had 0 line and 0 wait. There was a number of spaces still available in the north lot, but after hemming and hawing for a couple minutes, we decided to take the rig over to the grass so we could really spread out. Between the tables, grill, tent, chairs, "media table", games, etc., i think we would have taken up about 8 spots on the pavement. Best $3 we ever spent. Last year we were always on the pavement, but I have to say, in 85 degree sun, grass > pavement. :)

Jdubs21
09-20-2009, 03:15 PM
tailgating was awesome...great weather and great atmosphere...far more buses and tents this year!!! congrats bison fans, cant wait till oct 3rd!

lakesbison
09-20-2009, 04:29 PM
my god. 17th ave GEN ADMIN parking situation was a COMPLETE JOKE. D3 all the way.

there was a line going each way (east and west) wouldn't it be SMARTER to have the LINE GO WEST into the research park so you didnt intersect with the reserve people??? and then they didnt even open the south gen admin gates until people started b.tchin.

what a joke, AT LEAST people didnt take our spot in the rainforest, but Im sure ill have to be 1st in line every week to get that spot.

EndZoneQB
09-20-2009, 04:40 PM
Those of us that were in line on 17th around 1030-11 really got screwed. Apparently we lined up the wrong way and no one decided to come over and tell us that until 12:55, and apparently they still allowed people to line up on albrecht after the reserved went in. Would have been nice to know that considering we were like the 10th car there. They also allowed people to come off of 19th and enter at the same time as people that had been waiting half the morning. That REALLY pissed me off. Atleast come and tell us at you know say, 11, that we need to line up a different way. The lack of communication with a new system is NOT acceptable.

NDSUFan_Sav
09-20-2009, 06:32 PM
Those of us that were in line on 17th around 1030-11 really got screwed. Apparently we lined up the wrong way and no one decided to come over and tell us that until 12:55, and apparently they still allowed people to line up on albrecht after the reserved went in. Would have been nice to know that considering we were like the 10th car there. They also allowed people to come off of 19th and enter at the same time as people that had been waiting half the morning. That REALLY pissed me off. Atleast come and tell us at you know say, 11, that we need to line up a different way. The lack of communication with a new system is NOT acceptable.

agreed, but we still had a blast....now to get our area to grow and get the stuff we need for a great atmosphere in our lil group.

spelunker64
09-20-2009, 06:54 PM
I thought it went well. The spots are really tight though. 8.5' are a bit narrow for the standard TG tent or trailer. May have to get 2 more spots for next year...

All spots with numbers on them are taken, sounded like only 40 spots on the far north were still available. Our rig got into our reserved spot soon after 12:30. I got in line on the south side, from the west at 12:45 and was parked by 1:05. Not too bad I thought.

Jay
09-22-2009, 02:39 AM
Got a reply back regarding the general admission tailgating. They will have both entrances open now(east on Albrecht and south on 17th). They weren't expecting that many people, also stated a lack of communication for all the confusion around 1 o'clock.

NDSUFan_Sav
09-22-2009, 03:16 AM
Got a reply back regarding the general admission tailgating. They will have both entrances open now(east on Albrecht and south on 17th). They weren't expecting that many people, also stated a lack of communication for all the confusion around 1 o'clock.

wtf were they expecting....1 line in the grass??? I mean shit it was a great day outside and home opener what the hell???

NDSUFan_Sav
09-22-2009, 03:17 AM
so are we suppose to line up on 17th ave facing west like we did right away???

EndZoneQB
09-22-2009, 03:39 AM

Wouldn't it be east on 17th and south on albrecht?

lakesbison
09-22-2009, 04:19 AM
SHOULD BE start lining up on south grass field side FROM THE WEST, so it doesnt intersect with albrecht. DUH!

you come in from research park on 17th and park on right side, turn off car, have beer while you wait for it to open on homecoming.

Jay
09-22-2009, 04:52 AM
Wouldn't it be east on 17th and south on albrecht?

Enter the east entrance which is on Albrecht, or the south entrance which is on 17th.

Jay
09-22-2009, 04:53 AM
so are we suppose to line up on 17th ave facing west like we did right away???

You can do either it sounds like. East/West lines on 17th, or fill up Albrecht after the reserved go in.

Jay
09-22-2009, 04:53 AM
wtf were they expecting....1 line in the grass??? I mean shit it was a great day outside and home opener what the hell???

These were my thoughts exactly. Have no idea how they could think their wouldn't be a ton of people.

A1pigskin
09-23-2009, 02:11 AM
I've never tailgated before but it looks like fun.

NDSUFan_Sav
09-23-2009, 02:48 AM

WHAAAAAAAAAAAT :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

56BISON73
09-23-2009, 02:49 AM

I dont drink and I have a great time!!!

RunDMc34
09-23-2009, 03:04 AM

I do drink and i have a great time too!

Tailgait was awesome last weekend even if it is a lot more pricey now.

Wally
09-23-2009, 03:09 AM
I do drink and i have a great time too!

Tailgait was awesome last weekend even if it is a lot more pricey now.

“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. They wake up in the morning and that's the best they're going to feel all day.”

--Dean Martin:D :D :D

Herd Mentality
09-23-2009, 03:57 AM
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. They wake up in the morning and that's the best they're going to feel all day.”

Whoa there, cowboy....that was Sinatra, not Martin.

Wally
09-23-2009, 04:10 AM
Whoa there, cowboy....that was Sinatra, not Martin.

I stand corrected....got my rat packers mixed up...either way....a killer line

EndZoneQB
09-23-2009, 04:15 AM

It is definitely about the socializing and talking football! I can't believe how big it seems like its gotten, even since last year...atleast I thought it felt like a bigger atmosphere on Saturday...

bisonmike2
09-23-2009, 03:50 PM
We have a tradition rich program with solid core of rapid fans set in a town where many people say there is nothing to do. Set it up with 6 home games, beautifully mild weather and add in a college demographic that is the one of the highest in the nation when it comes to binge drinking. And that sets the stage for some pretty good tailgating.

lakesbison
09-23-2009, 04:22 PM
...*burp*...

A1pigskin
09-24-2009, 01:46 AM

Now this is funny stuff......