PDA

View Full Version : Good Sportsmanship

CaBisonFan
09-13-2009, 04:49 PM
I like the attitude of our d-backs. Give the receiver first dibs on the ball...and don't interfere with their view. I'm being sarcastic...OK???????

But it looked like that.

Single coverage on Madkins??????????????????????????????????????????? ?

westnodak93bison
09-13-2009, 04:56 PM
kind of hard to double cover any reciever when they have 5 on the field

IzzyFlexion
09-13-2009, 05:20 PM

Which would lead one to believe that a considerable pass rush would be available creating tremendous pressure and even perhaps a few QB sacks. Oh, wait.......that wasn't happening either.:mad:

CaBisonFan
09-13-2009, 05:51 PM

You're right. I should have mentioned that the defensive line was being really nice about it too. How many times did we blitz? I remember once or twice...but it could have been more. Seemed like their QB could have taken a nap back there.

56BISON73
09-13-2009, 05:55 PM
You're right. I should have mentioned that the defensive line was being really nice about it too. How many times did we blitz? I remember once or twice...but it could have been more. Seemed like their QB could have taken a nap back there.

We blitzed much more than that but they picked it up well and they didnt get in. There wasnt any D-line penatration last night that I saw. These guys just cant take 3-4 steps and then give up and think they are playing LB. Poor effort.

CaBisonFan
09-13-2009, 06:22 PM
We blitzed much more than that but they picked it up well and they didnt get in. There wasnt any D-line penatration last night that I saw. These guys just cant take 3-4 steps and then give up and think they are playing LB. Poor effort.

Good point.

westnodak93bison
09-13-2009, 06:27 PM
correct me if I'm wrong but didnt we blitz LBs that were 5-6yds off the ball?
Unless you have NFl type speed there is no way you will get to the QB in time especially when the QB is in the shotgun!

unbison
09-13-2009, 07:53 PM
PL at your age..... can you still see?
ageism again i know sorry

onbison09
09-13-2009, 09:57 PM
correct me if I'm wrong but didnt we blitz LBs that were 5-6yds off the ball?
Unless you have NFl type speed there is no way you will get to the QB in time especially when the QB is in the shotgun!

You aren't wrong. Preston was the only one that seemed to get close but no pass rush.

IzzyFlexion
09-13-2009, 10:03 PM
How about the occasional CB blitz. If a corner can't cover a receiver deep redirect your coverage scheme and find different ways to pressure the QB. Obviously there aren't alot of opportunities to do this esp. on 3rd downs, but it is do-able.

Kevin
09-13-2009, 10:11 PM
If it puts it in perspective Stephen F. Austin beat NAIA Texas Collage 92-0 (13 touchdowns, a safety and a missed extra point). In that route SFA had less total offense than SHSU did.