PDA

View Full Version : All Access on GoBison mess

MontanaBisonFan
09-13-2009, 06:36 AM
If there is anyone who has some influence over the All Access site, I hope you can tell them to either get rid of the damn Snickers adds. Or al least find out a way to shut them off.

For whatever reason I could not connect to the NDSU site until the 4th quarter. I tried at least 50 times and had to watch the damn Snickers add every time. I will never buy another Snickers bar.

In the second quarter I purchased a monthly subscription from Sam Houston's site. It had the damn Snickers add too.

If anyone can help get rid of the Snickers add and explain why the "ON AIR" sign never came on my computer today, I would buy a beer.

Thanks

Hammersmith
09-13-2009, 06:54 AM
If there is anyone who has some influence over the All Access site, I hope you can tell them to either get rid of the damn Snickers adds. Or al least find out a way to shut them off.

For whatever reason I could not connect to the NDSU site until the 4th quarter. I tried at least 50 times and had to watch the damn Snickers add every time. I will never buy another Snickers bar.

In the second quarter I purchased a monthly subscription from Sam Houston's site. It had the damn Snickers add too.

If anyone can help get rid of the Snickers add and explain why the "ON AIR" sign never came on my computer today, I would buy a beer.

Thanks

First, the ads are not under NDSU's control. They are put there by JumpTV who runs the distribution system. As for your problem, there seems to be an issue with JumpTV's web player. I've also had the problem you're reporting. I've found the best way around it is to go through the Live Events page rather than the main page. On the left side of the main GoBison page you will see a menu option for Multimedia. If you hover over it, a list of options will appear including Live Events. Click on it, and you're taken to a list of all the events that are available through All-Access. For a live video feed, you will see the phrase: "Event has started - Log in to view." Clicking on that link will take you to a login page that says something like, "This is premium content. Paid subscription is required," plus a place to enter your email address and password. Do that, and the web player will load with active links to the live events(though you still have to suffer through one or two more commercials - I got Klondike Bar ones). For some reason, logging in directly through the main GoBison page tends to take you to a web player that doesn't work for the live events. If this happens to you, make sure to close the player before trying again. Having one neutered player open seems to create problems if you try opening another player. Hope some of this helps.

Herd
09-13-2009, 12:02 PM
I watched the whole game through Gobison all-access while eating a snickers bar. Your issues would seem to be internal vs. something being wrong with all-access. The feed was just fine.

And yes, enter through live events . . . directly to the listing. The problem appears to be lack of navigational experience.

Gully
09-13-2009, 12:15 PM
I had to watch a damn Klondike bar commercial about 5 times before I got it to work (by accident)....for some reason if I tried to watch the game after the media center was launched it wouldn't work (couldn't see the live now thing) but by chance I happened to click on the game directly from the gobison site and then it worked. I realize I'm probably not the most technically sound person in the world but it's just not intuitive why that it would work this way.....and I'm pretty sure it didn't work that way last year.

westriver bison
09-13-2009, 12:28 PM
I didn't have any problems:)

walknroehl
09-13-2009, 12:30 PM
No problems on my end though I don't like paying a fee to click thru ads.

WYOBISONMAN
09-13-2009, 12:59 PM
Paying a fee and having to watch ads is annoying. I think we can do better than that.

bisonmike2
09-13-2009, 01:01 PM

Thanks

I don't know about you but I really want a klondike bar.

MontanaBisonFan
09-13-2009, 02:09 PM
First, the ads are not under NDSU's control. They are put there by JumpTV who runs the distribution system. As for your problem, there seems to be an issue with JumpTV's web player. I've also had the problem you're reporting. I've found the best way around it is to go through the Live Events page rather than the main page. On the left side of the main GoBison page you will see a menu option for Multimedia. If you hover over it, a list of options will appear including Live Events. Click on it, and you're taken to a list of all the events that are available through All-Access. For a live video feed, you will see the phrase: "Event has started - Log in to view." Clicking on that link will take you to a login page that says something like, "This is premium content. Paid subscription is required," plus a place to enter your email address and password. Do that, and the web player will load with active links to the live events(though you still have to suffer through one or two more commercials - I got Klondike Bar ones). For some reason, logging in directly through the main GoBison page tends to take you to a web player that doesn't work for the live events. If this happens to you, make sure to close the player before trying again. Having one neutered player open seems to create problems if you try opening another player. Hope some of this helps.

Thanks for the info.

This makes sense since going through the live events is how I finally got in to get the audio feed.
We will all enter this way from now on.

Sorry for the slam on Snickers instead of Klondikes.

SDbison
09-13-2009, 03:28 PM
I'll take a bison victory.....hopefully more than one......

Bisonfan1
09-13-2009, 03:39 PM
I will never, never, never buy a klondike bar after last night, missed almost the first quarter trying to get on and had to listen to that over and over. heck that might have been what put me over the edge last night, and not the bison loss.

56BISON73
09-13-2009, 03:41 PM
I had the same problem for awhile but found the work around by accident. What everyone needs to do is file a complaint with go bison. I had an issue last year with a game and they refunded my money. So everyone needs to complain so we can get this fixed.

IzzyFlexion
09-13-2009, 05:58 PM
I say we go class action lawsuit. I lost video 4 times during random courses of the game and in order to re-start, I too, had to sit throught the damn Klondike Bar ads. I believe that there is precedent for such action as I recall a suit against theatres that were showing ads after the scheduled start time for a movie. ILLEGAL GOD-DAMMIT!!!!

bisonhp330
09-13-2009, 10:11 PM
I watched the whole game through Gobison all-access while eating a snickers bar. Your issues would seem to be internal vs. something being wrong with all-access. The feed was just fine.

And yes, enter through live events . . . directly to the listing. The problem appears to be lack of navigational experience.

same here- no adds at all except when you first log on- i streamed it onto my 37" TV- this week it was grainy- last week it was perfect- depends on the feed they get from the other team- i had one point where the pic disappeared in the 3rd quarter- hit stop, watched the ad for 13 seconds- and it was fine. Get rid of your 1990 MAC computer.....upgrade man

bisonmike2
09-13-2009, 10:18 PM
same here- no adds at all except when you first log on- i streamed it onto my 37" TV- this week it was grainy- last week it was perfect- depends on the feed they get from the other team- i had one point where the pic disappeared in the 3rd quarter- hit stop, watched the ad for 13 seconds- and it was fine. Get rid of your 1990 MAC computer.....upgrade man

I had problems with mine to. And it wasn't because of my 1990 Mac.

/87 commador 64

Amused
09-14-2009, 04:56 PM
I say we go class action lawsuit. I lost video 4 times during random courses of the game and in order to re-start, I too, had to sit throught the damn Klondike Bar ads. I believe that there is precedent for such action as I recall a suit against theatres that were showing ads after the scheduled start time for a movie. ILLEGAL GOD-DAMMIT!!!!

I wasn't watching the feed, but last week I had a Klondike Bar that didn't taste quite right. Can we include this in the claim?

WYOBISONMAN
09-14-2009, 05:02 PM
My TRS80 streamed it just fine.......;)

TILIS-BisonFan
09-14-2009, 05:22 PM
i streamed this with no problems from channelsurfing.net for free with no ads

IzzyFlexion
09-14-2009, 11:17 PM
i streamed this with no problems from channelsurfing.net for free with no ads

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hR5YNqE3K8
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
So as to show that I'm not really as mad as the 4 red-faced little fellers above....:D :D :D :D

Facts
09-15-2009, 03:32 AM
When the game was over, I was still very uncertain of who was sponsoring all the instant replays.

TbonZach
09-15-2009, 04:48 AM

Maybe we should give the football team some bars....

"What would you do for a Klondike bar? Would you win a game?"

gotts
09-15-2009, 12:14 PM

What would you do?

http://www.quahog5news.com/downloads/quotes/season1/FG102/kwondike%20bar.mp3 (audio)

CaBisonFan
09-15-2009, 01:58 PM
If anyone can help get rid of the Snickers add and explain why the "ON AIR" sign never came on my computer today, I would buy a beer. Thanks

I experienced a learning curve on the video section of gobison.com too. It's a very good website...but it has quirks that make it difficult to maneuver through...especially when the game is going on and you have Bison fever raging. Logic is not a strong point at this time...for me. I'd suggest watching other videos from the website and actually practice using the features while other Bison events are going on.

THEsocalledfan
09-16-2009, 01:45 AM
Let's face the facts:

Last weeks production was substandard and a joke. Why don't some of these conferences get together a start a cable channel? I am so sick of this "small town" crap.....

I am so made about this, I am going to go where no man should go and use Lake's all caps trick:

IT WAS SO DIVISION II.....

bisonmike2
09-16-2009, 01:50 AM
What would you do?

http://www.quahog5news.com/downloads/quotes/season1/FG102/kwondike%20bar.mp3 (audio)

http://www.taylorbrooks.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/lawrence-office-space.jpg
I'll tell you what I'd do man...

TransAmBison
09-16-2009, 12:44 PM
http://www.taylorbrooks.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/lawrence-office-space.jpg
I'll tell you what I'd do man...
bwahahahahaha! Now there is a hall of fame post!

PopBison
09-17-2009, 02:12 AM
I signed up for All Access and it worked fine for me.
Question: can I use my single login on 2 different computers to watch the game at the same time or are you allowed just one login from a single computer?
thanks

99Bison
09-17-2009, 02:32 AM
I signed up for All Access and it worked fine for me.
Question: can I use my single login on 2 different computers to watch the game at the same time or are you allowed just one login from a single computer?
thanks

It used to work - last time I tried it last winter.