PDA

View Full Version : Which remaining games are winnable?

Bisonguy
09-13-2009, 04:55 AM
So, time to vote which games are still winnable. Choose all games that you think NDSU will win. Votes are NOT public.

TheBisonator
09-13-2009, 04:57 AM
Wagner
Illinois State
Missouri State
Indiana State
Youngstown State

And these are not guarantees. If the D plays like they did tonight, they won't win many of these 5. SIU, UNI, SDSU and WIU are downright scary for us right now.

Bisonguy
09-13-2009, 05:01 AM
Wagner
Illinois State
Missouri State
Indiana State
Youngstown State

And these are not guarantees. If the D plays like they did tonight, they won't win many of these 5. SIU, UNI, SDSU and WIU are downright scary for us right now.

Pick the poll options above if you haven't. It seems like the post shows up before the poll options do.

WYOBISONMAN
Wagner
Indiana State and
Missouri State.

That is about it. Folks........we are on a skid!

NDSUstudent
Right now, every team not named SIU, UNI, and probably SDSU(but that is a rivalry game).

WIU struggled with SHSU and were pounded by NIU tonight, lets not anoint them world beaters yet.

HerdBot
09-13-2009, 05:13 AM
So, time to vote which games are still winnable:

This team still has a chance to be ok. Steve Hallstrom made a good point. He said that we were terrible on D last time we played SHSU and we ended up going 10-1. He said that sometimes shootouts just happen.We play well at home and it's still possible Breske gets his crap together. If he DOESN'T get his crap together, I predict as follows...

Wager -win
Southern Illinois - loss
Illinois State - win (close but they can't stop our run and we're at home)
Northern Iowa - loss
SDSU - loss (they will throw for 600 yards)
Missourri State - win (we're at home but if it's in Missouri we lose)
Western Illinois - win (they can't throw and it's a good matchup)
Indiana State - win
Youngstown - tossup

5-6 or 6-5

jacks1
09-13-2009, 05:19 AM
...easy Bison faithful...all remaining games are winnable. Football is a funny sport. All it takes is 1 win to change things...

BisonTruth
09-13-2009, 07:31 AM
Like I said last week the Bison will win 3 for sure Wagner, Missouri, and Indiana State. They might beat Illinois State but im a little more doubtful every week.

Guess im not such a butpie after all now am I.

MontBison
09-13-2009, 08:26 AM
Hey TheBisonator you look like a genious now SOOOOOOOO smart. Seriously you guys the fact your talking about missing the playoffs is sad. Whats wrong with you people? Bohl should be gone and don't argue with me cause you'll look stupid. Sorry mods but people on here are just plain ignorant.

BisoninNWMN
09-13-2009, 12:08 PM
I believe the Bison will right the ship....not looking very good now but I have faith....:D

Bisonguy
09-13-2009, 04:16 PM
Interesting results so far.

tjbison
09-13-2009, 04:27 PM
I selected every one of them! UNI better hope Grace stays healthy, look at the stats yesterday without him their offense has no real weapon he is a stud, and they keep running him like he does the injury possibility goes up!

I'm hoping playing the first home game is what this team needs, to relax and start to groove!!

Jdubs21
09-13-2009, 04:29 PM
I selected every one of them! UNI better hope Grace stays healthy, look at the stats yesterday without him their offense has no real weapon he is a stud, and they keep running him like he does the injury possibility goes up!

I'm hoping playing the first home game is what this team needs, to relax and start to groove!!

I agree TJ...UNI was the only game i didnt select but if grace goes down watch out!

IzzyFlexion
09-13-2009, 04:34 PM

Once Grace sees the NDSU-SHSU game tape he won't be able to get to Fargo fast enough.

tjbison
09-13-2009, 04:37 PM
Once Grace sees the NDSU-SHSU game tape he won't be able to get to Fargo fast enough.

oh i agree, and their schedule is patsy until then St. Francis, Missour St and Indiana St. so he will be here for sure!!! hopefully we are just putting on a very good undercover show before conference play or we may have the same outcome as the USD game

lakesbison
09-13-2009, 04:37 PM
53 votes 52 wagner.

unbison....just curious, did you vote??

CaBisonFan
09-13-2009, 04:42 PM
So, time to vote which games are still winnable. Choose all games that you think NDSU will win. Votes are NOT public.

All are winnable...if yir a Bison fan. Whoops...gotta watch myself. -1 ??

IzzyFlexion
09-13-2009, 08:55 PM
Hey, where did the Jack Guy post just disappear to? I was just going to respond saying that Bisonguy started this poll and is the most prolific poster in Bisonville history. I don't think an outsider should be telling him that his poll is unnecessary.
Hopefully his post was deleted. Certainly should be.

JackJD
09-13-2009, 09:02 PM
Izzy...I had posted and within a minute deleted it myself for the reason you stated (in short, none of my business). My post wasn't critical and in fact was a weak attempt to suggest you shouldn't be so despondent because there's a lot of season left. So, I'll butt out.

IzzyFlexion
09-13-2009, 09:09 PM
Izzy...I had posted and within a minute deleted it myself for the reason you stated. My post wasn't critical and in fact was a weak attempt to suggest you shouldn't be so despondent because there's a lot of season left. So, I'll butt out.

Fair enough. Good disgretion on your part. I thought I was hallucinating there for a moment. We just need to grieve for awhile.
Some people go to counselers, some folks create polls.

tony
09-13-2009, 09:11 PM
Well, they're all winnable, even UNI (although that is the longest of long shots right now.)

I'd say, unless the team improves quite a bit, NDSU is only going to be the favorite against Wagner, Indiana State, and Illinois State.

Missouri State and Youngstown State are toss-ups.

It's hard to win at Western Illinois - maybe at the FargoDome that'd be a toss-up.

SDSU is a rivalry game so who knows what can happen. Southern Illinois... maybe our defense is better suited to stopping them than the spread but it's at their place. UNI - a great team that has an offensive scheme that makes us look helpless.

HandoEX
09-13-2009, 10:30 PM
It's football. Almost every single game played is winnable. Just ask Houston. A play here, a play there, and things can change for an entire season. I voted every game.

lakesbison
09-14-2009, 12:50 AM
looks like 7-4 and a playoff game.

McBison
09-14-2009, 01:40 AM

define 'winnable'

What do you think the chances are of a guy like you and a girl like me... ending up together?

Well, Lloyd, that's difficult to say. I mean, we don't really...

Hit me with it! Just give it to me straight! I came a long way just to see you, Mary. The least you can do is level with me. What are my chances?

Not good.

You mean, not good like one out of a hundred?

I'd say more like one out of a million.

So you're telling me there's a chance... *YEAH!*

Bisonguy
09-14-2009, 01:47 AM
define 'winnable'

What do you think the chances are of a guy like you and a girl like me... ending up together?

Well, Lloyd, that's difficult to say. I mean, we don't really...

Hit me with it! Just give it to me straight! I came a long way just to see you, Mary. The least you can do is level with me. What are my chances?

Not good.

You mean, not good like one out of a hundred?

I'd say more like one out of a million.

So you're telling me there's a chance... *YEAH!*

Yeah, that or read the instructions again :D

Choose all games that you think NDSU will win.

McBison
09-14-2009, 01:51 AM
Yeah, that or read the instructions again :D

Choose all games that you think NDSU will win.

chose 'em all, and I don't think that is unrealistic

Bisonguy
09-14-2009, 02:03 AM
chose 'em all, and I don't think that is unrealistic

Nothing wrong with that choice at all. :nod:

I'm just trying to collect what games everyone thinks will be W's before the outcome of next week's game.

Heck, I might even have a poll after each week's game so we can see how the perspective changes.

Thumper 76
09-16-2009, 06:13 PM
Well just for the record I hope you guys win all of them leading up to the marker game, it will make the lead up to the game that much more fun :D. And besides its way to early to give up on your team guys, cause I'm sure THEY aren't giving up:nod:

DjKyRo
09-16-2009, 06:32 PM
Uh....apparently four people don't think we'll beat Indiana State. Ouch, guys.

Twentysix
09-17-2009, 04:38 AM
Well just for the record I hope you guys win all of them leading up to the marker game, it will make the lead up to the game that much more fun :D. And besides its way to early to give up on your team guys, cause I'm sure THEY aren't giving up:nod:

Same for you. NDSU and SDSU should cheer for eachother when they arent playing eachother. It shouldnt be that classless UXD rivarly.

Anyways, SDSU and NDSU being in the playoffs would be great.

SDSU you would probably have to lose to us then we can tie in the conf and you can get an at large :-P.

The Dakotas need some positive rep and it isnt comeing from the UXD's anytime soon.

Twentysix
09-17-2009, 04:39 AM
Really though, if we dont improve at all i hope SDSU runs the tables.

VanClubPres
09-17-2009, 05:01 AM
I voted yes to all but UNI, I wish there was a maybe for that one.

Purple Jalepeno
09-17-2009, 07:13 PM
looks like 7-4 and a playoff game.

I hate to burst your bubble but 7-4 doesn't get you in the playoffs.

NDSUFan_Sav
09-18-2009, 12:30 AM
Heck, I might even have a poll after each week's game so we can see how the perspective changes.

I like that idea