PDA

View Full Version : Defense????

NDSUFan_Sav
09-13-2009, 04:15 AM
Where was the defense this game especially on 3rd downs and on pass coverage its either complete pass long or pass interference....if you were a team facing us get ready to air it out when you play us.

ALSO.......

Should we get away from the 4 DLs and go into a 3-4 Defense and keep mixing up LB blitzing from all different sides???? For real should we get a new defense of look?????

Any word what happened to Henry???

HerdBot
09-13-2009, 04:19 AM
Where was the defense this game especially on 3rd downs and on pass coverage its either complete pass long or pass interference....if you were a team facing us get ready to air it out when you play us.

ALSO.......

Should we get away from the 4 DLs and go into a 3-4 Defense and keep mixing up LB blitzing from all different sides???? For real should we get a new defense of look?????

I like the title of your post. I think I'm going to make a green shirt that says "got defense?" maybe I could do a cutout of the fence. It could read...

D-FENCE-??

CaBisonFan
09-13-2009, 04:23 AM

ALSO.......

What defense? Unbelievable

Oh...and I loved the pressure that we put on their QB. That was just super.

tjbison
09-13-2009, 04:25 AM
I'm going to have to play defense against the dome Nazis next week!! There is no way i'm not getting booze into that dome! Period

Gotta go now! Looking forward to tailgating next week

BisonTruth
09-13-2009, 07:44 AM

ALSO.......

We cant go 3-4 because we dont have the LBs for it. Plus if you did that you would have to sideline either Gratzek or Fairbairn and those are two guys you would want on the field.

They best Defense is around is the 4-2 like TCU runs you take out a LB and add another safety and blitz like crazy. Its a really fun defense to watch. Unfortunetly for the Bison they got rid of Nystrom because he was a master of the 4-2 defense, considering he was with TCU when they were the number one defense in the country.

BisoninNWMN
09-13-2009, 12:11 PM
It said in the Forum that Henry was holding his knee....just great..:smh: :smh:

Tampa-2 is a good defense but the front 4 need to get a good push upfield and pressure the QB...otherwise a good passing team can pick apart the zone coverages.

Gully
09-13-2009, 12:16 PM
We cant go 3-4 because we dont have the LBs for it. Plus if you did that you would have to sideline either Gratzek or Fairbairn and those are two guys you would want on the field.

They best Defense is around is the 4-2 like TCU runs you take out a LB and add another safety and blitz like crazy. Its a really fun defense to watch. Unfortunetly for the Bison they got rid of Nystrom because he was a master of the 4-2 defense, considering he was with TCU when they were the number one defense in the country.

Were Gratzek and Fairbairn on the field yesterday? They weren't in the backfield on passing downs, that's for sure. our defensive line is way overrated. They were supposed to be a strength.

Tatanka
09-13-2009, 12:20 PM
Henry came out of the game and wasn't on the sideline in the 2nd half.

CC to our secondary: that burning sensation had nothing to do with a locker room prank. that was you getting pwn3d.

I think we have to credit the SHSU front line for their pass coverage. it's not like we weren't sending people, they just weren't getting there.

westnodak93bison
09-13-2009, 01:53 PM
they were getting there but a 1/2 second late each and every time!

bisonmike2
09-13-2009, 01:59 PM

CC to our secondary: that burning sensation had nothing to do with a locker room prank. that was you getting pwn3d.

I think we have to credit the SHSU injury depletedfront line for their pass coverage. it's not like we weren't sending people, they just weren't getting there.

fixed that for you. remember they lost a couple starters and still dominated the los.

IzzyFlexion
09-13-2009, 05:43 PM
I'm going to have to play defense against the dome Nazis next week!! There is no way i'm not getting booze into that dome! Period

Gotta go now! Looking forward to tailgating next week

Here's a strategy for your success in that effort. Tell the Dome Nazi's that the Bison secondary was seen going to class during the week. It's likely that they will immediately swoop down on them and detain them for scholarship fraud. They simply won't have time to look for legitimate booze smugglers.

MHDBisonfan
09-13-2009, 06:16 PM
Obviously the defense can't be giving up this many yards/pts etc. but does anyone see similarities to last year? At Youngstown it didn't look like our defense could stop the Fargo South sophomore team, but as the season rolled on, I thought our D really turned it around for the most part. I thought at the UNI game, our D turned the corner and played pretty solid the rest of the year. I'm hoping that happens again this season...

SDbison
09-13-2009, 06:41 PM
Defense? What Defense?

Gully
09-13-2009, 06:43 PM
Obviously the defense can't be giving up this many yards/pts etc. but does anyone see similarities to last year? At Youngstown it didn't look like our defense could stop the Fargo South sophomore team, but as the season rolled on, I thought our D really turned it around for the most part. I thought at the UNI game, our D turned the corner and played pretty solid the rest of the year. I'm hoping that happens again this season...

UNI also knew we couldn't score so they just played it safe and kept it on the ground for the most part in the 2nd half since they had a lead.

bisontwice
09-14-2009, 12:17 PM

ALSO.......

Swithching to a 3-4 would be like changing the offense to a option offense in the middle of the season.
The 4-3 is a good defense just need to get people in the right position or is doesn't matter what the defense scheme.

X-Factor
09-14-2009, 01:10 PM

I think we have to credit the SHSU front line for their pass coverage. it's not like we weren't sending people, they just weren't getting there.

SHSU has a pretty weak OL. The fact that we didn't get any pressure on them is just a slap in the face. I believe they started a 3rd string true freshman? I'm not giving SHSU OL credit for anything, the Bison DL just never showed up for the party.

rutlandbison
09-14-2009, 01:20 PM
Defense? What Defense?
Playoffs? What playoffs?
http://msp73.photobucket.com/albums/i201/aykis16/playoffs.jpg

Tatanka
09-14-2009, 06:48 PM
SHSU has a pretty weak OL. The fact that we didn't get any pressure on them is just a slap in the face. I believe they started a 3rd string true freshman? I'm not giving SHSU OL credit for anything, the Bison DL just never showed up for the party.

That didn't have anything to do with the O-Line?

All I'm saying is that SHSU O-Line played out of their minds, and had to as on paper we should have owned them with their injuries and whatnot...