PDA

View Full Version : Reality check time:

TheBisonator
09-13-2009, 02:38 AM
1) We have lost 3 games in a row.

2) In the past 14 games, we are 6-8. I SAID SIX AND EIGHT. Don't make me repeat myself.

3) In the past 14 games, we are 2-6 on the road.

4) Our losses in the past 14 games have been: South Dakota State, Wyoming, Youngstown State, Western Illinois, Northern Iowa, South Dakota State (again), Iowa State, Sam Houston State.

5) Our losses have been by 5, 3, 8, 5, 10, 1, 17 and 3 points.

6) Our wins in the past 14 games have been Austin Peay, Central Connecticut State, Southern Illinois, Illinois State, Indiana State, Missouri State.

7) Our wins in the past 14 games have been by 35, 36, 8, 18, 27 and 21 points.

8) As of kickoff next Saturday, we'll have gone 308 days without a win.

9) Nick Mertens is a physically capable quarterback who can lead us to wins provided we play a pretty close to all-around good game.

10) This loss is placed SQUARELY on the shoulders of our defense.

That's all I have to say.

tjbison
09-13-2009, 02:40 AM

2) In the past 14 games, we are 6-8. I SAID SIX AND EIGHT. Don't make me repeat myself.

4) Our losses in the past 14 games have been: South Dakota State, Wyoming, Youngstown State, Western Illinois, Northern Iowa, South Dakota State (again), Iowa State, Sam Houston State.

6) Our wins in the past 14 games have been Austin Peay, Central Connecticut State, Southern Illinois, Illinois State, Indiana State, Missouri State.

9) Nick Mertens is a physically capable quarterback who can lead us to wins provided we play a pretty close to all-around good game.

And lots of Hangovers:hide:

Bisonguy
09-13-2009, 02:40 AM
Nice breakdown.

HerdBot
09-13-2009, 02:42 AM

Yep. And people here are still shocked SDSU is ranked higher than us. BTW, they beat Georgia Southern 44-6 at home.

BisoninNWMN
09-13-2009, 02:44 AM
Cannot agrue with any of that.

Man....another season like last season is not ........:banghead: :banghead:

Well, there still are 9 games left......team needs to get a gut-check and come out and play with some fire.

BisonNolesFan77
There are two huge things that jump out on me on that list...the first, the list of who we have beat is nothing short of sad, minus SIU. The second, this team has not been able to prove that they can win a close a game.

TheBisonator
Yep. And people here are still shocked SDSU is ranked higher than us. BTW, they beat Georgia Southern 44-6 at home.

NO FREAKING WAY. This is the first I heard about this. Man, this is gonna be a craptacular season...:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Montana Bison
09-13-2009, 02:46 AM
I think it falls right the shoulders of the coach, He recruited these kids and hired the defensive coordinator, bad choice, now we have to live with it.

BisoninNWMN
09-13-2009, 02:46 AM
NO FREAKING WAY. This is the first I heard about this. Man, this is gonna be a craptacular season...:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Teams have come back from bad games.....didn't Appy State win the NC with a 0-2 start?

Bisonguy
09-13-2009, 02:47 AM

Not that it's much consolation, but GSU will probably be lucky to be .500 this year. They barely beat Albany in their first game.

I highly doubt the Marker will be making it's way to Fargo this year.

Montana Bison
Teams have come back from bad games.....didn't Appy State win the NC with a 0-2 start?

I think they had some sort of defense, we have nothing.

SDbison

Where was Mertens and the great offense during the first half tonight? Get another 1 or 2 scores in the first half, keep the sieve D off the field and the outcome might have been different. That all I have to say. So do the coaches know how to prepare for road games or are the Bison just that bad? A 5-6 season is looking pretty good now.

TheBisonator
09-13-2009, 02:49 AM
Where was Mertens and the great offense during the first half tonight? Get another 1 or 2 scores in the first half, keep the sieve D off the field and the outcome might have been different. That all I have to say. So do the coaches know how to prepare for road games or are the Bison just that bad? A 5-6 season is looking pretty good now.

A 5-6 season is what I'm expecting at this point. We could go as low as 3 wins this year with no defensive improvement.

SDbison
09-13-2009, 02:51 AM
Not that it's much consolation, but GSU will probably be lucky to be .500 this year. They barely beat Albany in their first game.

I highly doubt the Marker will be making it's way to Fargo this year.
Bunnytown will be rocking the Bison for a third straight time. What happened to the mighty Bison football program? The Bohl watch has begun. Just getting respectability out of this team looks like the goal for this year. Lots of questions if this trend continues.......Bohl, his staff and his recruits.......

TheBisonator
09-13-2009, 02:53 AM
Bunnytown will be rocking the Bison for aq third straight time. What happened to the mighty Bison football program? The Bohl watch has begun. Just getting respectability out of this team looks like the goal for this year. Lots of questions if this trend continues.......Bohl, his staff and his recruits.......

Most likely we'll be 1-3 after 4 games. Our playoff chances will be pretty much over before October comes around. What starts happening then??

bisonmike2
09-13-2009, 02:55 AM
Nick had a nice game, but nice is it. It was against a horrible defense, and tonight he looked like a decent QB. He still made some bad throws into the dirt, or in some cases they weren't crisp to the WR. The nice thing about this game was that after he made those bad throws he came right back and nailed one. But again, it was against a horrible defense so I'm not sure we can put much stock into. The problem is, our defense was absolutely horrendous. They were so bad that Nick could have throw 4 picks for six and he still wouldn't have matched their level of incompetence. I could have played my 4 year old son in NCAA 2010 and not put up the same numbers against him, as SHSU put up against us. We are in for a long, embarrassing year if that doesn't change. 4 victories is about as optimistic as I can get right now.

SDbison
09-13-2009, 03:38 AM
I really don't want to throw the entire team under the bus but.............

Hell, just trying to sober up and realize that we will be cheering on the Bison for the rest of this year hoping the D gives up less than 30 points per game and the offense shows up and keeps the game respectable.

This team has no leadership and no swagger. They are playing to save some dignity and hopefully show a bit of pride..........God help this team.

bisontwice
09-15-2009, 12:12 PM
Most likely we'll be 1-3 after 4 games. Our playoff chances will be pretty much over before October comes around. What starts happening then??

1-3 and playoff chances are over???? A lot of conference games left after one loss to SIU if that happens.

Jay
09-15-2009, 12:28 PM
A 5-6 season is what I'm expecting at this point. We could go as low as 3 wins this year with no defensive improvement.

Bisonator.... you ripped me not a little more than 7 days ago for picking a 5-6 season. Haha... I love it.

NorthernBison
09-15-2009, 12:38 PM
The defensive performance so far is almost unprecedented in recent Bison history. We gave up 48 points to a SHSU offense that many are saying is bad. If true, then this defensive performance might be the worst in history.

I looked back over the last 12 years. During that time NDSU has only given up 48 points twice. Both times were to UNO (49 points) in 2002 (that great year again) and before that in 1998. Those UNO teams although DII were offensive powerhouses.

We might indeed have an offensive problem. Right now though, the major issue has been our defense.

5-6 is a reasonable prediction. Even with my green and gold glasses on and after drinking a pitcher of the kool aid I can't imagine anything better than 6-5. Wow! Is that depressing or what?

bisonmike2
09-15-2009, 05:30 PM
I think they had some sort of defense, we have nothing.

Love your sig line pic. I was just in yellowstone last week and they handed out this flyer to all the cars. We should hand this out in the visitors section for home games. Of course we'd have to change Buffalo to it's proper named, Bison.
http://www.yellowstone.net/buffwarn.jpg

BIGTIME
09-15-2009, 06:21 PM
5-6? I get ripped apart when I say such a thing. I am glad there are actually Bison fans with their two feet grounded in reality. Could be some entertaining games this year with no defense and a productive offense. Too bad entertaining does not equate to wins.

IzzyFlexion
09-16-2009, 01:56 AM
Love your sig line pic. I was just in yellowstone last week and they handed out this flyer to all the cars. We should hand this out in the visitors section for home games. Of course we'd have to change Buffalo to it's proper named, Bison.
http://www.yellowstone.net/buffwarn.jpg

Looks like the Department of the Interior doesn't have anyone on staff that is in tune with human performance data, or simple mathematics, or both.
Usian Bolt's Olympic record time in the 100 meter dash reveals a calculated ground speed at just a shade over 23 miles per hour.:D
On the other hand, perhaps they're smarter than I am and only hand those flyers out to people whose fleet of foot talent is yet to be discovered!:D :D

Bisonguy
09-16-2009, 02:09 AM
Looks like the Department of the Interior doesn't have anyone on staff that is in tune with human performance data, or simple mathematics, or both.
Usian Bolt's Olympic record time in the 100 meter dash reveals a calculated ground speed at just a shade over 23 miles per hour.:D
On the other hand, perhaps they're smarter than I am and only hand those flyers out to people whose fleet of foot talent is yet to be discovered!:D :D

You're forgetting to factor in the reaction time of the Bison opponnent, which typically results in THIS (http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g161/erica6897/?action=view&current=d546b16e.flv) or THIS (http://pogpog.com/v/bison-attack/). :nod:

Hoping to see something similar this saturday.

IzzyFlexion
09-16-2009, 02:18 AM
You're forgetting to factor in the reaction time of the Bison opponnent, which typically results in THIS (http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g161/erica6897/?action=view&current=d546b16e.flv) or THIS (http://pogpog.com/v/bison-attack/). :nod:

Hoping to see something similar this saturday.

I'm so glad that NDSU has such a bad ass mascot.:nod:

tjbison
09-16-2009, 02:22 AM
I'm so glad that NDSU has such a bad ass mascot.:nod:

Come on you dont wish you were a cute little bunny!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcxKIJTb3Hg

onbison09
09-16-2009, 02:28 AM
I really don't want to throw the entire team under the bus but.............

Hell, just trying to sober up and realize that we will be cheering on the Bison for the rest of this year hoping the D gives up less than 30 points per game and the offense shows up and keeps the game respectable.

This team has no leadership and no swagger. They are playing to save some dignity and hopefully show a bit of pride..........God help this team.

That jumped out at me at the SHSU game. :smh: It seemed like they were playing scared, playing not to make mistakes (O in 1st half, D whole game) can't do that and win. Also we don't seem to have an obvious leader. I'm obviously not on the team but there isn't a "rah rah guy".

JacksFan06
09-16-2009, 02:31 AM
Come on you dont wish you were a cute little bunny!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcxKIJTb3Hg

I prefer this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xulXFB3-A3c