PDA

View Full Version : Still want the ball first if we win the coin toss?

HerdBot
09-13-2009, 02:24 AM
In years past when we had a defense we were proud of, that made sense. Going forward we should always take the ball first because our defense flat out can't stop anyone and we need the posession. If we had taken the ball first we probably would have won.

EndZoneQB
09-13-2009, 02:33 AM
In years past when we had a defense we were proud of, that made sense. Going forward we should always take the ball first because our defense flat out can't stop anyone and we need the posession. If we had taken the ball first we probably would have won.

I think you make a game by game decision, no? Atleast thats how I would do it. You can set the tone just as easily on offense as you can on defense...

No_Skill
09-13-2009, 02:35 AM
I think you make a game by game decision, no? Atleast thats how I would do it. You can set the tone just as easily on offense as you can on defense...

If that is true, why has Bohl done it every game for the past 2-3 years?

EndZoneQB
09-13-2009, 02:37 AM
If that is true, why has Bohl done it every game for the past 2-3 years?

Not saying HE does it, but I'm saying every coin toss I've been involved in has been a game by game situational basis, based on how we match up(easiest way to set the tone, etc)...

NDSUstudent
09-13-2009, 02:42 AM
This is my rant of the night. SHSU was a team that played horribly against WIU, their defense was absolutely sieve like. You put your offense on the field and you set the tone. You break them. Instead Bohl goes with the passive play call and SHSU's best unit gets to set the tone and their defense responded with a great first half. Our entire team was sent reeling all game long.

I am at the point now where I want to lose the toss so an opposing coach will take the decision out of Bohl's hands.