PDA

View Full Version : Game thoughts

HerdBot
09-13-2009, 02:11 AM
Offensively we looked pretty good but it doesn't matter because when your defense allows 48 points and 620 yards of offense, nothing else matters. That was the worst display of defense I have ever seen. They can't cover. They can't rush the passer. They only thing they can do is stop the run. When we needed a clutch stop at the end we allowed a 50 yard pass. The coaches and players should be embarressed. They play with no passion. We should get a refund for our new defensive coordinator because his unit SUCKS really bad. What a joke. He should retire. Not trying to sound like a drama queen but this defense has been exposed so get used to this. Any coach will see this. UNI will drop 60 on us.

And the SHSU offense is not that great either.

RunDMc34
09-13-2009, 02:13 AM
We coulda used Garrett Johnson too bad he put himself ahead of the team.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-13-2009, 02:14 AM
Defense sucks.....Bibeau isn't much better. :mad:

Bison"FANatic"
09-13-2009, 02:15 AM
The worst thing is a crappy record isn't going to get us a higher draft choice.:D :D :D :D

HerdBot
09-13-2009, 02:16 AM

Our offense was so good it really didn't matter. Had we had more time we would have won. Props to the entire offense.

tjbison
09-13-2009, 02:16 AM
Game Thoughts:

I could Make a freaking Extra Point!!!!

I really like Crown Royal

Defense sucks

SHSU isn't that good, we are worse

Paschall Runs hard every time he touches the ball, WE don;t use Veldman and Voitlander enough

Bowman made me rename my favorite drink

BisManBison
09-13-2009, 02:17 AM
I just don't understand the defensive scheme. Why do you have your linebackers 6 or 7 yards off the ball and then blitz from there against a shotgun formation. No pressure on the quarterback all night whatsoever and the defense was on its heels all night. 620 yards of offense, are you kidding me???????

BisonNolesFan77
09-13-2009, 02:18 AM

The Bibeau missed PAT isn't even an issue...even with that and a 2 Pt. Conversion, it wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game.

BisManBison
09-13-2009, 02:18 AM
Game Thoughts:

I could Make a freaking Extra Point!!!!

Defense sucks

SHSU isn't that good, we are worse

Paschall Runs hard every time he touches the ball, WE don;t use Veldman and Voitlander enough

Bowman made me rename my favorite drink

Amen brother, Amen!

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-13-2009, 02:19 AM
Our offense was so good it really didn't matter. Had we had more time we would have won. Props to the entire offense.

Yeah, and a little more time and they win. Whomever has the ball last wins. Whats your point? With a defense as bad as ours, win will win very few games this year, good offense or not.

New season prediction 6-5, if we're lucky. 5-6 if we're not. :(

matt
09-13-2009, 02:19 AM
Yeah, I totally agree we need something that resembles a defense, at least one that can play past the first 2 downs. A 3rd down stop would have been nice, just one.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-13-2009, 02:21 AM
The Bibeau missed PAT isn't even an issue...even with that and a 2 Pt. Conversion, it wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game.

Doesn't matter. He has shown a propensity to choke when really needed. He got saved by the two point conversion tonight. He will cost us a few games this year.

HerdBot
09-13-2009, 02:21 AM
Yeah, and a little more time and they win. Whomever has the ball last wins. Whats your point? With a defense as bad as ours, win will win very few games this year, good offense or not.

New season prediction 6-5, if we're lucky. 5-6 if we're not. :(

My point is the original post. The only way we would have won is if we had the ball last. If I were coach Bohl I would stop the whole coin toss defer thing because we need the extra possession because we couldn't stop Fargo South.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-13-2009, 02:27 AM
Forgot to mention. Offense looks good again tonight. Mertens seems to be getting better each game. Kudos to the offense. :nod:

Defense needs a lot of help.

56BISON73
09-13-2009, 02:29 AM
My point is the original post. The only way we would have won is if we had the ball last. If I were coach Bohl I would stop the whole coin toss defer thing because we need the extra possession because we couldn't stop Fargo South.

Ive always wondered why he does that because it seems over the past 3 years most of the opposing teams score first so we are always playing catch up.

No_Skill
09-13-2009, 02:29 AM
Yeah, I totally agree we need something that resembles a defense, at least one that can play past the first 2 downs. A 3rd down stop would have been nice, just one.

I think I have it! Keep the first stringers in on 1st and 2nd and put all the backups in on 3rd!

Montana Bison
09-13-2009, 02:30 AM
OH Well we still have the Vikings !!!!!! LOL

No_Skill
09-13-2009, 02:31 AM

Ha! Speak for yourself :P

BisoninNWMN
09-13-2009, 02:33 AM

Nah....Steelers!!.....:D

Bisonguy
09-13-2009, 02:34 AM
Ive always wondered why he does that because it seems over the past 3 years most of the opposing teams score first so we are always playing catch up.

When Jimmy Burrow, Jr was DC it worked. Same goes for Gus. Now, not so much.

Without a stop on the opening drive, it's not quite as effective.

HerdBot
09-13-2009, 02:40 AM

I guess the theory is the defense is the strongest part of the team and the 1st drive of the 2nd to be the most important. Last year that made sense. Well these days the defense flat out sucks so I don't think the theory works any more. Had we had 1 more posession we would have had a chance to win.

Bisonwinagn
09-13-2009, 02:43 AM
What a sickening and embarrassing game to watch. There is nothing worse than watching a defense get completely destroyed. After last week I expected they would give up 35 points, but 48? Seriously? It looks like all the coaching changes over the last few years has finally caught up to them. I think they can still win a few games, but it may be painfull to watch.

Bison"FANatic"
09-13-2009, 02:43 AM
Bison Defense on the field for 17 3rd down plays

10 of them were converted

7 were not converted by the bearkats
One of the seven we had substitution infraction on 4th down and that gave them a 1st and led to a TD
One was a stop but we were offside and they converted the next 3rd down.

:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

tony
09-13-2009, 02:47 AM
I guess the theory is the defense is the strongest part of the team and the 1st drive of the 2nd to be the most important. Last year that made sense. Well these days the defense flat out sucks so I don't think the theory works any more. Had we had 1 more posession we would have had a chance to win.

How does getting the ball first in the first half give you one more possession?

Bisonguy
09-13-2009, 02:49 AM
How does getting the ball first in the first half give you one more possession?

http://www.queuefull.net/~bensons/graphics/Gnomes.jpg

Phase 1- take the ball when you win the toss
Phase 2- ???
Phase 3- Extra possession.

bisonfan11
09-13-2009, 02:50 AM
All I can say is that it does not matter if Mertens starts or not. Our defense is putrid. I thought that the defense was going to keep us in ball games this season. We'd better see some new blood out there for the Wagner game or we might even lose that game as well.

Bison"FANatic"
09-13-2009, 02:50 AM
Bison Defense on the field for 17 3rd down plays

10 of them were converted

7 were not converted by the bearkats
One of the seven we had substitution infraction on 4th down and that gave them a 1st and led to a TD
One was a stop but we were offside and they converted the next 3rd down.
:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

OH and that led to a TD to.:smh: :smh: :smh:

BisoninNWMN
09-13-2009, 02:52 AM
All I can say is that it does not matter if Mertens starts or not. Our defense is putrid. I thought that the defense was going to keep us in ball games this season. We'd better see some new blood out there for the Wagner game or we might even lose that game as well.

G**...we better not lose to Wagner......Bohl and the coaching staff wouldn't make it home that night.....:D

IzzyFlexion
09-13-2009, 02:52 AM
Calm down everybody. After all Charleston Southern gave up 624 yards of offense to .....................................Florida!
http://johngibbonscomedy.com/images/holyshit.jpg

coldspot
09-13-2009, 02:55 AM
it couldve been worse... 92-0

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=292552617&confId=30

Bisonguy
09-13-2009, 02:55 AM
Calm down everybody. After all Charleston Southern gave up 624 yards of offense to .....................................Florida!
http://johngibbonscomedy.com/images/holyshit.jpg

Sheesh, SEMO didn't even give up 600 yards to Cincinnati today, and they were outscored 70-3.

SDbison
09-13-2009, 02:56 AM
Where was that great offense in the first half? Lots of short possesions helped wear out the Defense.........not saying it mattered. Bison O gets one or two more scores in the first half and Bison might have won even with their own crap D. So what was the problem with the O in the first half? One score against a crap SHSU defense..........???????

EndZoneQB
09-13-2009, 02:58 AM
Where was that great offense in the first half? Lots of short possesions helped wear out the Defense.........not saying it mattered. Bison O gets one or two more scores in the first half and Bison might have won even with their own crap D. So what was the problem with the O in the first half? One score against a crap SHSU defense..........???????

Yeah, that definitely is a concern? But then again look at Texas Longhorns struggle with Wyo in the first half... Sometimes the other team plays out of their league...

SDbison
09-13-2009, 03:01 AM
Forgot to mention. Offense looks good again tonight. Mertens seems to be getting better each game. Kudos to the offense. :nod:

Defense needs a lot of help.
Defense sucked but where was NDSU's great offense in the first half?????? One score against a crap SHSU defense........pathetic!
So Mertens put on a display in the second half.....good for him.......Bison still lost. Lets see how the games go for a few games after the Wagner game to see if Mertens has really arrived.

IzzyFlexion
09-13-2009, 03:04 AM
Didn't hear Daniel Eaves name called by the SHSU broadcast team. Did I just miss it or was he doing anything tonight??

bisonmike2
09-13-2009, 03:05 AM
My post game thoughts...when does basketball season start?

EndZoneQB
09-13-2009, 03:07 AM
Didn't hear Daniel Eaves name called by the SHSU broadcast team. Did I just miss it or was he doing anything tonight??

I heard his name atleast once...

tjbison
09-13-2009, 03:09 AM
My post game thoughts...when does basketball season start?

Hey Volleyball is going for its second straight Summit crown and looking to roll without a loss again!!

SDbison
09-13-2009, 03:10 AM
Hey Volleyball is going for its second straight Summit crown and looking to roll without a loss again!!
Can we tailgate for volleyball games?

BisoninNWMN
09-13-2009, 03:11 AM
My game thoughts...........I almost threw the radio out the window.......numerous times....

Fricking losing sucks!!!

Play everyone in the Wagner game and see who wants to play.

bisonmike2
09-13-2009, 03:12 AM

a while ago I ripped some bunny fans for bragging up their women's b-ball team because their football team sucked. We had just beaten them for the 2nd straight year. (boy does that seem like 2 decades ago now) So I can't go that route. Good for the girls but I just can't use them to make me feel any better about how shitty our f-ball team is.

tjbison
Can we tailgate for volleyball games?

I'm thinking we could start!!!!!!!!!!

What the hell:nod:

westnodak93bison
Seems to me we give up a score on the first drive of the game far more often than not. When was the last time we caused a turnover or forced a punt on the first possession?

spelunker64
09-13-2009, 03:13 AM
Seems to me we give up a score on the first drive of the game far more often than not. When was the last time we caused a turnover or forced a punt on the first possession?

Rocky..........

tjbison
09-13-2009, 03:13 AM
a while ago I ripped some bunny fans for bragging up their women's b-ball team because their football team sucked. We had just beaten them for the 2nd straight year. (boy does that seem like 2 decades ago now) So I can't go that route. Good for the girls but I just can't use them to make me feel any better about how shitty our f-ball team is.

You can when Eric pulls another top 30 DI recruiting class the NDSU, apparently all the hype about our FB classes is just that hype. At least the ladies are proving it and winning!!:hide:

TheBisonator
09-13-2009, 03:16 AM
You can when Eric pulls another top 30 DI recruiting class the NDSU, apparently all the hype about our FB classes is just that hype. At least the ladies are proving it and winning!!:hide:
Hopefully the team we play in the first round of the NCAA's won't be all Amazonian women like that Gopher team we played last year...:hide:

IzzyFlexion
09-13-2009, 03:21 AM
I heard his name atleast once...

At the risk of sounding like Lakes, I had a nice visit with my old boss and Daniel's HS coach on Thursday. I'm pulling for him and the rest of the secondary to rally and get better. But, man.....did they get their asses handed to 'em tonight.

IzzyFlexion
09-13-2009, 03:25 AM

Well, there is one way to prevent that......................
With my luck, just when the staff decides NOT to defer, they'll start losing every coin toss.
I know, I know......it's a good strategy.....blah, blah, blah....
Doesn't seem to be working though.

HerdBot
09-13-2009, 03:40 AM

Sorry dude but we scored 45 points. That's all that matters. That should be enough to win every time. We would have put up more points in the first half had we taken the ball first. We would have scored agian had we had more time on the last drive of the game and the last one before halftime. We put up 420 yards, averaged 6 yards per run and 9 yards per pass. We had no turnovers or fumbles, not counting the hail mary with no time.

mjh
09-13-2009, 03:48 AM
Our D-backs can't tackle and they can't seem to cover anyone either. I'ts bad, we are going to get killed in the conference if there isn't a drastic improvement. In my book this was an embaressment.

17>1
09-13-2009, 04:33 AM
Only post of the night from me. No energy to even talk about the game.

This------> 239 yards on 5 catches from 1 guy.
This------> 12 men on the field for a punt.
This------> Basketball player lined up offsides on 3rd and 4.
This------> 14 points after the last 2 things listed.

Go Bison !

NDSUFan_Sav
09-13-2009, 04:39 AM
Only post of the night from me. No energy to even talk about the game.

This------> 239 yards on 5 catches from 1 guy.
This------> 12 men on the field for a punt.
This------> Basketball player lined up offsides on 3rd and 4.
This------> 14 points after the last 2 things listed.

Go Bison !

do you mean 4th and 4 when they were punting and we had our punt team out there??? then after that they ended up scoring

BisonNeil
09-13-2009, 04:42 AM
Bohl's recruiting classes of 2005 and 2006 were lousy. What else needs to be discussed?

It is amazing to me that everyone wants to point the finger at places and in directions other than what is appropriate. Bohl. This is Bohl's team. Just like last year.

Are you happy with his first two teams with players he recruited?

I'm not. His second and third classes stink.

So, who is to blame for the current status? I'd really like to know what you all think, because as BHusker will tell you, I am no Bohl fan. He burned the bridges with me when he rationalized no QB recruits for two years. The reality is that recruiting during those years at several positions were subpar.

Yet he is the second highest paid person at NDSU. Good for him. The rest of us would have been fired for lack of producitivity. That's what back to back great seasons with someone else's talent will buy you.

NDSUstudent
09-13-2009, 04:43 AM
Here are my key stats...

Not one QB hurry or sack in the entire game!! In the Tampa 2 you have to get pressure or games like tonight happen.

Mertens in the second half

9/14 183 yards 2 TDs passing and 2 TDs rushing

SHSU's receiver...

5 catches for a billion yards. Where was the safety help?

NDSUFan_Sav
09-13-2009, 04:47 AM
Exactly Student,
there was no safety help, their WRs were splitting us apart left and right they had drives go for 90 yards sometimes on 3-4 plays at one time they had back to back passes go for 90 yards (45 and 45). There is something wrong with that.

17>1
09-13-2009, 03:58 PM
do you mean 4th and 4 when they were punting and we had our punt team out there??? then after that they ended up scoring

No I meant 3rd and 4. I don't remember being offsides on any punts, just the too many men penalty which I noted as well in the initial post. It wasn't like he jumped offsides and the QB knew it was a free play and chucked it downfield. Zo lined up offsides and I think everyone watching the game could see it too, and the pass went incomplete on the near side,and they would have been punting. Instead, they scored like 3 or 4 plays later.