PDA

View Full Version : Halftime Shakeup

CaBisonFan
09-13-2009, 12:19 AM
New quarterback, and a few others. No attitude. No leadership. Need a QB that can get a first down. He's still staring at the primary receiver and can't see anyone else.

No fire on D.

What's wrong with this group?

RunDMc34
09-13-2009, 12:35 AM
I dont often agree with your posts CA but you are spot on right now

KC Bison
09-13-2009, 12:44 AM
So far in the second half. it looks like the whole defense should be replaced.

bisonfan11
09-13-2009, 01:02 AM
Mertens better be yanked for good. He is playing like crap against a horrible defense. I am sure that Perez is better and by next week even Mohler could move ahead of Mertens.

HandoEX
09-13-2009, 01:15 AM
Obviously the shake up worked, even though 18 is still under center. The defense has looked great since we started going after their qb. Offense wasn't the glaring problem, secondary coverage and defensive scheme were the problems.

gotts
09-13-2009, 01:23 AM
4 touchdowns in the second half from the offense thus far, no? 3 involving Mertens?

BisonNolesFan77
09-13-2009, 02:03 AM
Offense was not the problem tonight guys, I think its pretty clear where the problem was tonight, and it had nothing at all to do with Mr. Mertens, you can put this one smack on the D's inability to get a stop. Plain and simple...I thought the D was going to be this teams strength, but tonight the Offense def. played a good enough game to win the ball game, as did special teams. If anyone is talking about anything other than how to improve on defense this week, I may bring them out on University and beat them in front of the Taco Shop, maybe we will finally get a week of no should we bench Mertens talk. The offense looked good, Mertens played well, PP played well, Veldman played well, Voightland and Mack did their job, they scored 45 as a unit, and lost. This one is on the defense!

Twentysix
09-13-2009, 02:05 AM
Mertens better be yanked for good. He is playing like crap against a horrible defense. I am sure that Perez is better and by next week even Mohler could move ahead of Mertens.

You sir should be shot.

bisonbills
09-13-2009, 02:10 AM
You sir should be shot.

Quote of the year. :bow:

matt
09-13-2009, 02:22 AM
The offense did their part in the second half, D not so much.

tjbison
09-13-2009, 02:23 AM

Exactley, Offense stepped up to the challenge, D well offense should have played both ways:hide:

BisoninNWMN
09-13-2009, 02:25 AM
Mertens is not the problem......our defense sucked a** tonight.

EndZoneQB
09-13-2009, 02:25 AM

It's nice to see that for once, been since 07 that we had an offense that could bring us back, but we need to put a complete game together now! I'm all good with Mertens if he plays like he did tonight. Great plays in the run game, ok play in the passing game(still a little suspect there, but he wasn't the issue!).

Montana Bison
09-13-2009, 02:27 AM
Somebody call the MeritCare Burn Unit, The Bison secondary will be arriving at 4 am and require an ambulance to be at the field, they are in critical condition and may not make it!!!!!!!!!

BisonNolesFan77
09-13-2009, 02:29 AM
Somebody call the MeritCare Burn Unit, The Bison secondary will be arriving at 4 am and require an ambulance to be at the field, they are in critical condition and may not make it!!!!!!!!!

After they are done at the burn center, you can send the secondary to go and get colonoscopy's to find their heads...

CaBisonFan
09-13-2009, 02:35 AM
Obviously, I was wrong about pulling Mertens. Happy for him. No defense. No pass rush. Terrible coverage. Never thought I'd say this...but it looks like we're in for a very long year.

BisoninNWMN
09-13-2009, 02:40 AM
Are our d-ends too small to get thru the line?

Rushing 4 doesn't seem to get the job done......seems like these spread offenses eat our Tampa -2 for lunch every year.

56BISON73
09-13-2009, 02:52 AM
Who would have thought that Mertens actually had an ok game but when he does the D goes in the tank.:nod:

NDSUFan_Sav
09-13-2009, 03:06 AM

good call on that one!!! lmfao

tjbison
09-13-2009, 03:15 AM

Sav I may have had a little too much whiskey but your joking right??:hide:

spelunker64
09-13-2009, 03:16 AM
........seems like these spread offenses eat our Tampa -2 for lunch every year.

Why do you think they are so popular now. Tampa-2 was the hot D starting what 8-10 years ago. It needed to be broken....

SDbison
09-13-2009, 03:20 AM
So where was the great Mertens and the Bison offense in the first half? One measley score against a shit SHSU defense?
I will give Mertens credit for a good second half, but if NDSU manages one or 2 scores in the first half who knows? Lets see if the real Mertens has stepped in the three games after Wagner. That wil be the true test.
Yeah, and right now the Bison D is pathetic!

BisoninNWMN
09-13-2009, 03:24 AM
So where was the great Mertens and the Bison offense in the first half? One measley score against a shit SHSU defense?
I will give Mertens credit for a good second half, but if NDSU manages one or 2 scores in the first half who knows? Lets see if the real Mertens has stepped in the three games after Wagner. That wil be the true test.
Yeah, and right now the Bison D is pathetic!

Fu**......I thought our D was suppose to be our strong point early in the season.....WTF.

Geeez.......2 ...10-1 seasons spoiled my a**........LOSING sucks!!