PDA

View Full Version : What does Bohl see in McNorton

bisonfan11
09-12-2009, 06:38 PM
I was looking up Sam Houston State's media guide and I saw that DJ McNorton not Matt Voightlander is the 2nd string half back behind Pat Paschall. My question is why? McNorton proved last year that he is not a good as evidenced by his 3.4 yards per carry meanwhile Voightlander averaged 8.8 yards per carry. I mean I'd rather start Voightlander if Paschall goes down because Voightlander has proven to be a bigger time back than McNorton. Honestly coach Bohl would be smart to have McNorton play at wide receiver only because McNorton is a horrible half back.

Mr. Burgundy
09-12-2009, 06:49 PM
Everyone please remind him of this when DJ has a great game this year. The kid is a stud. Everyone within the program knows this. He will be a two year starter after this year and the coaches are trying to get him the ball more often....thus the position "switch." He is a Sophomore. Give the kid some time. Sidenote: He is a great kid and is NEVER even close to in trouble. This is our future, time to get on his back.

Also, VOIT is a total stud. I always want these kids to touch the ball as often as possible. I hope we run it 50 times today and see these kids smile a bit. They have earned it. Lets have a day Bison fans.

NDSUstudent
09-12-2009, 06:55 PM
Agreed, DJ will put together a good game eventually, the guy has too much talent not to. And Voit needs to touch the ball more. I'm still mad he didn't get one carry last game, that goal line situation where Mertens fumbled was an ideal situation for Voit to smash it in.

Bisonguy
09-12-2009, 06:57 PM
Isn't Voit still being used at FB?

How is 3.4 ypc a horrible RB? Give it to him three times and that's another Bison first down!

Weren't most of Voit's carries last year later in the game than DJ's?

Maybe DJ shows some other things in practice that Voit doesn't (ball security?). Either way, IMO they'll both be showing great things in upcoming seasons.

Gully
09-12-2009, 07:03 PM
Nothing against DJ at all, but I just like how 23 hits the hole and goes. Behind PP, I'd take 23 any day.

RunDMc34
09-12-2009, 07:13 PM
Kid has 40 carries in his career and he is a horrible back? I wish i had the skills that some of you do for seeing talent maybe you guys should apply at some colleges to help with recruiting? You could be the next Tim Brewster.

tcbison
09-12-2009, 07:16 PM
For college football 3.4 yards a carry is very poor. I am hoping DJ breaks out but we haven't seen it yet, however Voit has had some very good games. For some reason when Voit gets the ball he makes things happen. That is what I see anyway. I don't know Voitlander personally but I am a fan and would like to see him get the rock more.

NDSUFan_Sav
09-12-2009, 07:17 PM
Everyone please remind him of this when DJ has a great game this year. The kid is a stud. Everyone within the program knows this. He will be a two year starter after this year and the coaches are trying to get him the ball more often....thus the position "switch." He is a Sophomore. Give the kid some time. Sidenote: He is a great kid and is NEVER even close to in trouble. This is our future, time to get on his back.

Also, VOIT is a total stud. I always want these kids to touch the ball as often as possible. I hope we run it 50 times today and see these kids smile a bit. They have earned it. Lets have a day Bison fans.

Exaccccctly!!!!! He's a greaaaaaaat kid

4mcruenomore
09-12-2009, 07:30 PM
I guess I agree with the thread. Prove me wrong, I mean, I want him to do well, but I haven't seen it yet. Youngstown last year? It's early in the season, and it's good that we have so many talented backs to be arguing about this though really. They are all pretty talented.

CaBisonFan
09-12-2009, 07:33 PM
We need both of them. At the ISU game he had nowhere to go. I'm a big Voit fan...so I agree that he needs to get the ball more. DJ has the kind of speed and moves that we will eventually find very useful. Both need several touches in a game. Paschall is great...but we need to spread it out some.

bisonfan11
09-13-2009, 02:56 AM
The line for McNorton tonight
4 carries for 1 yard and 2 catches for 12 yards

Matt Voightlander had 1 catch for 53 yards and a touchdown, however he had 0 carries for the 2nd week.

Another thing we would not have known about Voighlander last year if McNorton didn't suck so bad (when Rohel and Paschall were hurting last year).

EndZoneQB
09-13-2009, 02:56 AM
McNorton had that big play that was called back, can't forget about that! It was clutch...

NDSUstudent
09-13-2009, 02:57 AM
When Vandal comes back, if Voit isn't number 2 on the depth chart Bohl should be fired. I'm serious, I am sick and tired of watching DJ dance around, Voit reminds me so much of Steffes and our coaches let his talent go to waste.

bisonfan11
09-13-2009, 03:00 AM
The problem is that Voightlander is so seldom used. From what I heard and saw last year Voightlander was a better back (and a better choice to start in '10). I'd like to see what McNorton could do as a wide receiver or someone who could run a few end arounds since from what I have heard McNorton does not hit holes hard enough. It just seems to be that McNorton is not cut out to be a good-great running back.

westnodak93bison
I paid more attention than usual to DJ today and I think he did fine with what he had to work with and the big pass play that was called back.

Montana Bison
Agreed, i think pretty much all our running back are studs!

BisoninNWMN
09-13-2009, 03:02 AM
Hopefully, Voight gets more touches during the Wagner game. He hits the hole hard and keeps his legs pumping.

tcbison
09-13-2009, 03:13 AM
When Vandal comes back, if Voit isn't number 2 on the depth chart Bohl should be fired. I'm serious, I am sick and tired of watching DJ dance around, Voit reminds me so much of Steffes and our coaches let his talent go to waste.

Can't disagree with this. When Voit gets the ball good things happen, nothing happens when DJ gets the ball. The facts are so plain and clear to see.

BisoninNWMN
09-13-2009, 03:16 AM

Agreed.

Some think that DJ is the next great RB here......I don't know....but Voight has proven himself with very few touches.

bisonfan11
09-13-2009, 03:28 AM
Isn't Voit still being used at FB?

How is 3.4 ypc a horrible RB? Give it to him three times and that's another Bison first down!

Weren't most of Voit's carries last year later in the game than DJ's?

Maybe DJ shows some other things in practice that Voit doesn't (ball security?). Either way, IMO they'll both be showing great things in upcoming seasons.

Maybe when the other guy (Voighlander) averages 8.8 yards per carry. I mean Voightlander averaged near a 1st down every carry. The reason Voightlander played at all was that McNorton was ineffective and the Bison needed a spark plug in at running back because Rohel and Paschall were hurt. Look I think that McNorton could be a solid receiver, but he should not be getting more carries than Voightlander and should not even be thought of as the starting feature back in '10.

HerdBot
09-13-2009, 03:33 AM
I was looking up Sam Houston State's media guide and I saw that DJ McNorton not Matt Voightlander is the 2nd string half back behind Pat Paschall. My question is why? McNorton proved last year that he is not a good as evidenced by his 3.4 yards per carry meanwhile Voightlander averaged 8.8 yards per carry. I mean I'd rather start Voightlander if Paschall goes down because Voightlander has proven to be a bigger time back than McNorton. Honestly coach Bohl would be smart to have McNorton play at wide receiver only because McNorton is a horrible half back.

DJ has potential but I like Voight better. Every time he touches the ball he makes something happen.

bisonfan11
09-13-2009, 03:39 AM
DJ has potential but I like Voight better. Every time he touches the ball he makes something happen.

Exactly!!!

westnodak93bison
09-13-2009, 03:42 AM
Exactly!!!

yep, I agree. :nod:

SDbison
09-13-2009, 03:44 AM
Bohl needs to get voit involved in at least 6 more plays a game........he could be a difference maker.

HerdBot
09-13-2009, 03:56 AM
Bohl needs to get voit involved in at least 6 more plays a game........he could be a difference maker.

He hits the hole fast and hard, unlike DJ who's more focused on making some great highlight. But tailback is the least of our concerns.

bisonmike2
09-13-2009, 04:02 AM
He hits the hole fast and hard, unlike DJ who's more focused on making some great highlight. But tailback is the least of our concerns.

amen. I'll start worrying about tailback after we've fixed our secondary, our def. pass rush, our QB consistency issues, our conservative offensive play calling, our penalties that extend opponents drives, our kick off coverage, our...you get the point.

SDbison
09-13-2009, 04:04 AM
amen. I'll start worrying about tailback after we've fixed our secondary, our def. pass rush, our QB consistency issues, our conservative offensive play calling, our penalties that extend opponents drives, our kick off coverage, our...you get the point.
The issues seem endless at this time........wow.......just how far has this once proud Bison program fallen?

BisonNeil
09-13-2009, 04:48 AM

We get it. You think everyone is a stud and you have a man crush on everyone.

It will be a wonderful thing when one of these players produces so you can pound your chest.

In the meantime, Bison lose due to their lack of productivity.

Bohl's recruiting sucks Burg, at least it did for several years. Glad you are so happy with a 6-7 record thus far with your buddies recruits. Your homerism makes me sick.

EndZoneQB
09-13-2009, 05:05 AM

45 points is a lack of productivity?? Get real!! I'm the first person to call out Mertens, but our "productivity" was NOT an issue. Sure, we had a bad first half, but our defense had a worse GAME.

AEBison1998
09-13-2009, 12:28 PM
From what I've seen both in games and practise, DJ has very good hands.

BisoninNWMN
09-13-2009, 12:35 PM

Burgundy...you know your sh**, but in this case, I disagree. Voight is better, period!!

If he would get 8-10 or more touches, I would like to see his stats then.

westnodak93bison
09-13-2009, 02:36 PM
Not sure we can really compare McNorton and Voit this year. They have been used differently.

Jdubs21
09-13-2009, 04:24 PM
DJ is a great player he just doesnt get the touches to prove it, hard to do much with 4 or 5 touches a game, but wth paschall on our team how could we possibly give many carries to anyone else

Hansel
09-13-2009, 05:21 PM
DJ is not yet an RB capable of making plays against good teams, but if he gets the ball alot against Wagner I could see him having a ton of yards

Mr. Burgundy
09-13-2009, 05:45 PM
We get it. You think everyone is a stud and you have a man crush on everyone.

It will be a wonderful thing when one of these players produces so you can pound your chest.

Bohl's recruiting sucks Burg, at least it did for several years. Glad you are so happy with a 6-7 record thus far with your buddies recruits. Your homerism makes me sick.

Are you serious? You get this upset over me being a positive fan? Sorry, I am positive person. The offense was just fine last night. Sorry if your BFF Breske can't do anything against the pass. I thought he was a great hire too. But, since you are judging DJ after about 3 carries, I guess I will judge Breske after two games where he has been exposed.

I am not happy with any of this. So, if you want to call me out, we can visit in the lot next week. I look forward to it...I won't hide. Or you can continue to flame away the same exact stuff you always do about Bohl.

We get it that you hate Bohl. You have been very clear about that. I personally have appreciated what he has done for the program. We had a great transition and we are in full blown struggle mode right now. Alot of things have not panned out. Back to my original post, I absolutely LOVE VOIT and I think he has absolutely earned more PT. Problem is that PP is running like a man on a mission. DJ is the backup based on the coaches decisions. I basically defended the young man because I have heard he is an absolutely class act and after the off season we had, I was happy to hear what a great person he is. So, when PP graduates, we should have several great RB's to utilize. I can't wait for more of a two headed monster of DJ and Voit next year. He continualy makes big plays. In Ames it was the fumble recovery down field, last night...the long TD. Kid has something special about him. So, sorry for being positive. Enjoy your day.

ndsubison1
09-13-2009, 06:51 PM
DJ is a great player he just doesnt get the touches to prove it, hard to do much with 4 or 5 touches a game, but wth paschall on our team how could we possibly give many carries to anyone else

agreed. he's still a soph and he doesnt get the touches to show anything... we've seen some glimpses from him... we'll just have to wait and see when he gets his chance

GradBison
09-18-2009, 03:34 PM
There's no H in Voigtlander.

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1301651&Q_SEASON=2009

The Lost Dutchman
09-18-2009, 03:54 PM
I just don't get when people say DJ is a great player or a stud. When I think of a great player, I think of Tyler Rohl, Lamar Gordon, Tony Satter. I think in order to be classified as a great player, you actually have to produce on Saturday's, not just on the practice field. DJ McNorton is a young promising player with lots of potential, but certainly not a great player.

ndsubison1
09-18-2009, 04:50 PM
dj hasnt really gotten the shot to show anything... he hasnt gotten enough touches yet, he showed glimpses last season, one i believe was on a reverse for a td vs. sdsu but was called out at the 1...

CaBisonFan
09-18-2009, 05:52 PM
I suppose Bohl sees potential in practice and is trying to develop him. I don't mind seeing him get a few touches per game...but then Voit should get 8-10 touches.

I was at one game last year...the WIU game in Fargo. Voit got the ball once and he was down the field 40 or 50 yards. He's a total gamer. He actually woke me up.

I think that Paschall & Voit should be sharing the ball. Pat twice...Voit once...Pat twice...Voit once. Mix it up. Here we are...one-dimensional...again. I understand the one-back philosophy, just like the one-QB idea.

But isn't that how we got to where we are now?? And isn't that a piece of the puzzle to our burning out at the end of the 2007 season? Kinda nice to have some experienced depth in the backfield. Correct me if I'm wrong...but those guys get dinged up and worn down. Tyler was over-used to the point where everyone knew where it was going, and when. Oh...then that wonderful high-ankle sprain happened...and what did we have?

Maybe DJ has potential...but Voit has already proven that he 'makes' things happen. That's a Bison player. Walker, supposedly, was an average 'practice' player...got into the N. Colorado game...and never sat down again...ever...never.

JacksFan06
09-18-2009, 06:02 PM
McNorton's career stats

Rushing:
att: 44 | yds: 132 | td: 2 | ave: 3.0

Receiving:
rec: 7 | yds: 28 | td: 0 | ave: 4.0

Punt Return:
Ret: 11 | yds: 159 | td: 0 | ave: 14.5

Kick Return
Ret: 11 | yds: 200 | td: 0 | ave: 18.2

rutlandbison
09-18-2009, 07:08 PM
Hasn't shown enough to be a great player. Hope he does though, just hasn't yet.

The Lost Dutchman
09-18-2009, 07:14 PM
I suppose Bohl sees potential in practice and is trying to develop him. I don't mind seeing him get a few touches per game...but then Voit should get 8-10 touches.

I was at one game last year...the WIU game in Fargo. Voit got the ball once and he was down the field 40 or 50 yards. He's a total gamer. He actually woke me up.

I think that Paschall & Voit should be sharing the ball. Pat twice...Voit once...Pat twice...Voit once. Mix it up. Here we are...one-dimensional...again. I understand the one-back philosophy, just like the one-QB idea.

But isn't that how we got to where we are now?? And isn't that a piece of the puzzle to our burning out at the end of the 2007 season? Kinda nice to have some experienced depth in the backfield. Correct me if I'm wrong...but those guys get dinged up and worn down. Tyler was over-used to the point where everyone knew where it was going, and when. Oh...then that wonderful high-ankle sprain happened...and what did we have?

Maybe DJ has potential...but Voit has already proven that he 'makes' things happen. That's a Bison player. Walker, supposedly, was an average 'practice' player...got into the N. Colorado game...and never sat down again...ever...never.

I'm just curious to why the heck Pat Paschall should get the ball less considering he is the leading rusher in the FCS!?!?! I would understand getting the ball more to Voit and DJ if Pat was struggling, but what more does the guy have to do? I say you have the player who gives you the best chance to win in that backfield and that's Pat.

lakesbison
09-18-2009, 08:15 PM
DJ is a stud and will be a STAR.

however.

ROEHL now

PAT......

DJ has to wait, its the way it is. puffy is right and burgandy is right.

Bison bison
09-18-2009, 08:58 PM
Thanks, Lakes.

You've justed damned DJ into mediocrity.

Why don't you keep your comments to yourself!
:p

steelbison
09-19-2009, 03:17 AM
Are you serious? You get this upset over me being a positive fan? Sorry, I am positive person. The offense was just fine last night. Sorry if your BFF Breske can't do anything against the pass. I thought he was a great hire too. But, since you are judging DJ after about 3 carries, I guess I will judge Breske after two games where he has been exposed.

I am not happy with any of this. So, if you want to call me out, we can visit in the lot next week. I look forward to it...I won't hide. Or you can continue to flame away the same exact stuff you always do about Bohl.

We get it that you hate Bohl. You have been very clear about that. I personally have appreciated what he has done for the program. We had a great transition and we are in full blown struggle mode right now. Alot of things have not panned out. Back to my original post, I absolutely LOVE VOIT and I think he has absolutely earned more PT. Problem is that PP is running like a man on a mission. DJ is the backup based on the coaches decisions. I basically defended the young man because I have heard he is an absolutely class act and after the off season we had, I was happy to hear what a great person he is. So, when PP graduates, we should have several great RB's to utilize. I can't wait for more of a two headed monster of DJ and Voit next year. He continualy makes big plays. In Ames it was the fumble recovery down field, last night...the long TD. Kid has something special about him. So, sorry for being positive. Enjoy your day.

Great Post!!!! I hope potential recruits are reading your posts and not the continuous railing against the coach and players that some on here do..

Oh wait..I am a kool-aid drinker because I think we have a heck of a coach. Right SD..

99Bison
09-19-2009, 03:23 AM
I

Unfortunately Walker didn't get to start until after the season was "lost" - after the home loss against Poly. I think it was about game 7 or 8 where he got the nod.

4mcruenomore
09-19-2009, 04:00 AM
Unfortunately Walker didn't get to start until after the season was "lost" - after the home loss against Poly. I think it was about game 7 or 8 where he got the nod.

Pretty sure he just told you he played at UNC in the 4th quarter. That's all that matters.

99Bison
09-19-2009, 04:14 AM
Pretty sure he just told you he played at UNC in the 4th quarter. That's all that matters.

huh?
"got into the N. Colorado game...and never sat down again...ever...never"

4mcruenomore
09-19-2009, 04:15 AM
huh?
"got into the N. Colorado game...and never sat down again...ever...never"

HUH? LOLZ, WUT?

bisonmike2
09-20-2009, 02:18 AM
McNorton had a great game today. He ran hard, broke tackles and made people miss. His best game as a Bison so far. Hopefully this gives him the confidence to do it in conference play.

walknroehl
09-20-2009, 02:59 AM
McNorton had a great game today. He ran hard, broke tackles and made people miss. His best game as a Bison so far. Hopefully this gives him the confidence to do it in conference play.

This.

He looked great tonite. Perfect mix of his moves and moving forward thru the holes.

RRVBISON
09-20-2009, 03:23 AM
Still dances to much.

tcbison
09-20-2009, 03:35 AM
I think we all agree that we all want McNorton to be a stud. However, todays stats would read McNorton 8 carries for 66 yards for a 8.2 yards a carry. Voitlander had only 3 carries for 42 yards for a 14 yards a carry. McNorton had a good game but if you compare the 2, Voitlander was better again.
I will give McNorton the benefit of the doubt in the passing game though catching 2 balls for 43 yards. Maybe when Paschall needs a break have McNorton at WR and Voitlander at tailback? Voitlander needs to be on the field more and that is not a slam at either Paschall or McNorton.

99Bison
09-20-2009, 03:45 AM
I think we all agree that we all want McNorton to be a stud. However, todays stats would read McNorton 8 carries for 66 yards for a 8.2 yards a carry. Voitlander had only 3 carries for 42 yards for a 14 yards a carry. McNorton had a good game but if you compare the 2, Voitlander was better again.
I will give McNorton the benefit of the doubt in the passing game though catching 2 balls for 43 yards. Maybe when Paschall needs a break have McNorton at WR and Voitlander at tailback? Voitlander needs to be on the field more and that is not a slam at either Paschall or McNorton.

I'd like to see Voigt out there as much as anyone else, but there is no way objectively you can say Voigt had a better game today than DJ. You can't compare stats from todays game, DJ played against starters and game in doubt the whole game and voigt came in at end and had one carry for 34 of his yards. Voigt didn't even get a chance in the competive part of the game...

tcbison
09-20-2009, 03:53 AM
I'd like to see Voigt out there as much as anyone else, but there is no way objectively you can say Voigt had a better game today than DJ. You can't compare stats from todays game, DJ played against starters and game in doubt the whole game and voigt came in at end and had one carry for 34 of his yards. Voigt didn't even get a chance in the competive part of the game...

Fair enough but how will we ever know how good Voit is if he never get to play? Remember the WIU game last year. That game was in doubt and Voit had a 40 yard carry for a TD that help kept NDSU in the game. Last year Voit had better stats and this year Voit has better stats that is what I am saying.

99Bison
09-20-2009, 04:03 AM
Fair enough but how will we ever know how good Voit is if he never get to play?

Oh yes I don't disagree, like I said I'd like to see him play more too, and personally I like DJ out of the slot running routes, he seem to have great hands and an ability to get open. However, DJ had a very good game today at RB and was given the opportunity to do so.

The Lost Dutchman
09-20-2009, 04:05 AM
At the presser, Bohl thought it was DJ's best game by far as a Bison. He was happy DJ got that good game under his belt. He's very concerned though with his ability to not hang on to the football. He was also wanted to stress that he was also very impressed with Voight. He couldn't say enough positive things about Pat's performance tonight.

bisonmike2
09-20-2009, 04:07 AM
At the presser, Bohl thought it was DJ's best game by far as a Bison. He was happy DJ got that good game under his belt. He's very concerned though with his ability to not hang on to the football. He was also wanted to stress that he was also very impressed with Voight. He couldn't say enough positive things about Pat's performance tonight.

did he give any injury updates?

The Lost Dutchman
09-20-2009, 04:29 AM
did he give any injury updates?

He said, "we will know more tomrrow or monday on injuries from tonight's game." He did say though that he was pretty much resting a bunch of the guys that didn't play ala Kittleson, and Eaves. As much as CalBison has a man crush on Voight though, Bohl sounds like he is pretty content on riding Paschall like the Stallion he is.

Bisonguy
09-20-2009, 04:39 AM
DJ had a very good game tonight. Voit and DJ both are a distant second to the running, crushing, spinning, juking, jiving beast that is Pat Paschall right now.

And just remember all of you who have a man-crush on Voit, he's serving the team better right now at a very thin FB spot that is critical to the WCO. :nod:

BraxtonT
09-20-2009, 05:55 AM
Bohl sounds like he is pretty content on riding Paschall like the Stallion he is.

If he gets 25-30 carries a game during the conference games, look for him to wear down and opponents stopping him. Two good backs with different styles will give us a much better chance to win games. PP is unquestionably the #1 back, but this team will need two quality guys back there.

I've just finished watching 8 quarters of football (SHSU and Wagner) and haven't seen a good defense on the field, yet. We'll find out next Saturday how good this offense actually is.

met1990
09-20-2009, 06:07 AM
We'll find out next Saturday how good this offense actually is.

I'll be very happy if "good" and "defense" go together after next Saturday.

Whoops--misread your post.

BisoninNWMN
09-20-2009, 12:39 PM
Yes, PP is very good but every MV team is going to stack the box against us......we will need all our RBs this year.

Our passing game needs to get much better for us to be successful....we are going to have to outscore opponents cus the defense is not very good right now.

A1pigskin
09-20-2009, 08:48 PM
Yes, PP is very good but every MV team is going to stack the box against us......we will need all our RBs this year.

Our passing game needs to get much better for us to be successful....we are going to have to outscore opponents cus the defense is not very good right now.

I have to agree. The only passes I saw were in the flats, nothing long.

99Bison
09-20-2009, 08:56 PM
I have to agree. The only passes I saw were in the flats, nothing long.

Welcome to the past 7 years. Or course the prior 7 years before that were, up middle, up middle, bomb. :D

bisonmike2
09-20-2009, 09:00 PM
To answer the original question of this thread, "what does Bohl see in McNorton?" I think we saw that last night. He caught the ball well out of the back field, he was elusive but the thing I noticed is that he didn't dance around as much. He chose his spots then he hit them. Lets hope he can keep it up the rest of the year.

ndsubison1
09-20-2009, 09:47 PM
Welcome to the past 7 years. Or course the prior 7 years before that were, up middle, up middle, bomb. :D

thats what the west coast offense is though, short passes, a lot in the flats and to the outside

VanClubPres
09-20-2009, 10:35 PM
I say put PP DMC and Voit in the wishbone!!! Good Luck guessing who gets the ball on that one.

99Bison
09-20-2009, 10:40 PM
thats what the west coast offense is though, short passes, a lot in the flats and to the outside

Exactly... just pointing out that everyones been complaining about it for 7 years.

NDSUFan_Sav
09-20-2009, 11:18 PM
McNorton's career stats

Rushing:
att: 44 | yds: 132 | td: 2 | ave: 3.0

Receiving:
rec: 7 | yds: 28 | td: 0 | ave: 4.0

Punt Return:
Ret: 11 | yds: 159 | td: 0 | ave: 14.5

Kick Return
Ret: 11 | yds: 200 | td: 0 | ave: 18.2

RUSHING GP Att Gain Loss Net Avg TD Long Avg/G
----------------------------------------------------------------
Tyler Roehl 11 8 14 0 14 1.8 1 4 1.3

His stats his SO. yr....I'd give his freshmen year stats but nothing was there

how did he turn out???

JR YR:
RUSHING GP-GS Att Gain Loss Net Avg TD Long Avg/G
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Tyler Roehl 10-10 207 1454 23 1431 6.9 21 81 143.1

SR YR:
RUSHING GP-GS Att Gain Loss Net Avg TD Long Avg/G
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Tyler Roehl 11-10 171 1075 22 1053 6.2 13 80 95.7

NDSUstudent
09-20-2009, 11:40 PM
I don't want to discredit DJ, I think he has talent, but it continues to amaze me that Voigt only has three attempts this year.

This thread shouldn't be titled, "What does Bohl see in McNorton?" but instead it should be "What doesn't Bohl see in Voigt?"

Please do not compare Roehl and DJ, Tyler was a FB and only got the ball in short yardage situations(especially around the goal line) in 2006. Don't forget Roehl caught 22 passes for 259 yards either in 2006, he was much more effective than DJ ever has shown to be.

I am not saying DJ can't continue to improve but Roehl is a very different back and in my mind the most talented NDSU has ever had. His power and speed along with his blocking and ability to catch the ball out of the backfield allowed him to affect opposing defenses in so many ways.

99Bison
09-20-2009, 11:49 PM
I don't want to discredit DJ, I think he has talent, but it continues to amaze me that Voigt only has three attempts this year.

This thread shouldn't be titled, "What does Bohl see in McNorton?" but instead it should be "What doesn't Bohl see in Voigt?"

Please do not compare Roehl and DJ, Tyler was a FB and only got the ball in short yardage situations(especially around the goal line) in 2006. Don't forget Roehl caught 22 passes for 259 yards either in 2006, he was much more effective than DJ ever has shown to be.

I am not saying DJ can't continue to improve but Roehl is a very different back and in my mind the most talented NDSU has ever had. His power and speed along with his blocking and ability to catch the ball out of the backfield allowed him to affect opposing defenses in so many ways.

You're a young one huh? :)

NDSUstudent
09-20-2009, 11:57 PM
You're a young one huh? :)

He is the best I have seen which would be better than Morris, Gordon, and Steffes. I don't know what to make of the option backs and I'm sure somebody will remind of how great they were. ;)

BlueBisonRock
09-21-2009, 12:00 AM
He is the best I have seen which would be better than Morris, Gordon, and Steffes. I don't know what to make of the option backs and I'm sure somebody will remind of how great they were. ;)

Just a reminder. The option backs were great.

:D

EndZoneQB
09-21-2009, 12:04 AM

Roehl is definitely one of the best, but I'm really not sure anyone has ever had as much talent as Gordon. Just too bad he didn't have the work ethic...

mgbison
09-21-2009, 12:17 AM
I don't think you can say Roehl was better than Lamar. Look at the stats. Roehl had 1 great year. There is a reason Lamar got drafted and Roehl didn't.

Voit's a decent back, but i don't get everyone's love affair with him.

NDSUstudent
09-21-2009, 12:21 AM
Roehl is definitely one of the best, but I'm really not sure anyone has ever had as much talent as Gordon. Just too bad he didn't have the work ethic...

He might have had more talent, but Tyler was more complete. Lamar was never the blocker or reciver that Roehl was but of course he never had to be. Babich would just run him at will against opposing defenses. I really sometimes wonder what Gordon would have done with the kind of talent the 2006 and 2007 Bison had. Of course it would be interesting to see what Roehl would have done against the Morningsides of the DII world.

Just a reminder. The option backs were great.

:D

Well at least you spared me the stories about how great they were... ;) :D

NDSUstudent
09-21-2009, 12:26 AM
I don't think you can say Roehl was better than Lamar. Look at the stats. Roehl had 1 great year. There is a reason Lamar got drafted and Roehl didn't.

Voit's a decent back, but i don't get everyone's love affair with him.

Stats? You want to use stats that Lamar racked about against DII competition against what Roehl did in DI?

bisonmike2
09-21-2009, 01:00 AM
Stats? You want to use stats that Lamar racked about against DII competition against what Roehl did in DI?

Lamar did make it to the NFL and played in the league for several years. Regardless of who he played when he was here, he was one hell of a talented back.

My guess on why McNorton's getting all the carries is that we are very thin at FB and isn't Voitlander taking reps at FB? Why risk injuring Voit by giving him some reps at RB when you already have a capable backup there? My guess is that when Lee comes back we may see some more reps for Voit at RB.

mgbison
09-21-2009, 01:08 AM
How many times has Roehl gotten hurt in his career? A lot. you can't try to run everyone over all the time and expect to make it a whole season. I think Roehl is one of the top 5 rb's in ndsu history, just not the best. While, Lamar played D2, he played in the NFL which is a little higher level than FCS football. So, until Roehl gets carries in the NFL, i'm not going to put him in the same league as Lamar.

HerdBot
09-21-2009, 02:58 AM

I do agree that the title of the thread could have been different. I've been a critic of DJ but he looked really good. He seemed to go forward and cut unlike in the past where he just danced.

Lamar Gordon is by far the best back in NDSU history. That's why he was a 3rd round pick and played 5 years in the NFL. I think he would have been more of an impact player hadn't he had a guy named Marshal Faulk in front of him.

4mcruenomore
09-21-2009, 03:04 AM
DJ has butter fingers, gotta fix that.

EndZoneQB
09-21-2009, 03:19 AM
I think he would have been more of an impact player if he had an NFL work ethic.

I agree. He moved his way up the depth chart in St. Louis...

NDSUstudent
09-21-2009, 03:23 AM
Roehl dominates two FBS teams, has one of the greatest season's of rushing in NDSU's history, and isn't close to Lamar? I know Lamar played in the NFL but his career was a long ways from being anything spectacular.

Call me crazy but I'll take Roehl, and keep in mind the NFL is more about measurables(40 speed, size, etc) and is not the greatest way to measure who was the better back at a certain college.

mgbison
09-21-2009, 06:26 AM
He dominated Minnesota (which running back didn't that year), had a good game against central michigan (wouldn't say dominate). anyways, if i had to rank the rb's from NDSU - i would say it'd go lamar, steffes, then roehl. Personally, i would probably take steffes over the other 2. i liked his vision and durability.

who knows. after this year, hopefully we can throw pp's name in there.

MPLSbisonFAN
09-21-2009, 06:32 AM
He dominated Minnesota (which running back didn't that year), had a good game against central michigan (wouldn't say dominate). anyways, if i had to rank the rb's from NDSU - i would say it'd go lamar, steffes, then roehl. Personally, i would probably take steffes over the other 2. i liked his vision and durability.

who knows. after this year, hopefully we can throw pp's name in there.

I never got a chance to watch Lamar play, but I did watch Roehl and Steffes and Roehl was clearly the better back on the playing field in all three phases but I will give the throwing arm to Steffes because of that TD pass to Wurz in CA haha.

ndsubison1
09-21-2009, 06:54 AM
gordon could catch too out of the backfield i remember when he had a nice td catch down field a bit vs. NW MZ St. in the 2000 playoffs. Gordon was also a prolific returner, he could do it all... gordon is the best bison back that i've ever watched.... gordon was more illusive than roehl

HerdBot
09-21-2009, 07:09 AM
Roehl dominates two FBS teams, has one of the greatest season's of rushing in NDSU's history, and isn't close to Lamar? I know Lamar played in the NFL but his career was a long ways from being anything spectacular.

Call me crazy but I'll take Roehl, and keep in mind the NFL is more about measurables(40 speed, size, etc) and is not the greatest way to measure who was the better back at a certain college.

Dominating 2 below average FBS teams isn't in the same league as playing in the NFL. I would LOVE to see Roehl do well in the NFL but my gut tells me he won't get a shot. How many undrafted players coming off a torn ACL get legitimate shots?

I would put Roehl in the top 5 of all time, ahead of Kyle Steffes but behind Satter, Lloyd (6th round pick played 3 years in NFL), Stark (drafted 12 rd 87), and Lamar Gordon. He's good but he's not the best ever. He is easily the most popular ever. If were were D1-AA back in the day and got the kind of press we get now, Satter would have gotten more serious looks although the Giants did sign him.

Paschall will get drafted if he can keep this up. He's got power, shake & bake, and speed plus he's done it against all levels of competition. Hopefully some day Paschall is called he best running back in NDSU history. Don't forget PP rushed 12 times for 87 yards vs the Gophers for 7.3 ypc. What would he have done had gotten as many carries as Roehl?

AEBison1998
09-21-2009, 12:19 PM
Both are great backs of course and both are fast, but Lamar had that top end speed that I don't think P^2 has. That is the stat that allowed him to get picked high in the draft.

mgbison
09-21-2009, 01:45 PM
My only issue with Roehl is he can never stay healthy. Sometimes its just bad luck, but sometimes some players just get hurt all the time.

IzzyFlexion
09-21-2009, 04:00 PM
How many times has Roehl gotten hurt in his career? A lot. you can't try to run everyone over all the time and expect to make it a whole season. I think Roehl is one of the top 5 rb's in ndsu history, just not the best. While, Lamar played D2, he played in the NFL which is a little higher level than FCS football. So, until Roehl gets carries in the NFL, i'm not going to put him in the same league as Lamar.

Lamar Gordon's bad ankle was a recurring problem even into his brief pro career. Also, if you'll recall, during a pre-season game in Gordon's first year he got hit in the head so hard that his helmet nearly exploded as it came off of his head. This, too, was partly responsible for shortening his time in the NFL.

HerdBot
09-21-2009, 04:41 PM
Both are great backs of course and both are fast, but Lamar had that top end speed that I don't think P^2 has. That is the stat that allowed him to get picked high in the draft.

Straight line speed yes but he doesn't have the agility like PP who can cut and not lose any speed. The ability to change directions and accelerate is more important. Example is kleinsasser. He's got straight line speed but his lack of agility is so bad that he's never gotten an opportunity to showcase his straight line speed because he can't shake the first guy.

EndZoneQB
09-21-2009, 06:15 PM
Straight line speed yes but he doesn't have the agility like PP who can cut and not lose any speed. The ability to change directions and accelerate is more important. Example is kleinsasser. He's got straight line speed but his lack of agility is so bad that he's never gotten an opportunity to showcase his straight line speed because he can't shake the first guy.

LMAO, Gordon had great agility, especially for his size/speed. It was a rare combo in DII...

HerdBot
09-21-2009, 06:18 PM
LMAO, Gordon had great agility, especially for his size/speed. It was a rare combo in DII...

Why are you LYAO? I agree that Lamar had elite agility. Remember how skinny he was as a freshman?

EndZoneQB
09-21-2009, 06:31 PM
Why are you LYAO? I agree that Lamar had elite agility. Remember how skinny he was as a freshman?

Straight line speed yes but he doesn't have the agility like PP who can cut and not lose any speed.

That right there :). Yeah he was skinny, I was just watching highlights and I had almost forgot the difference of his appearance from arrival to departure! Says a lot about our program tho too...

tony
09-21-2009, 06:43 PM
Bah! Satter made both PP and Gordon look like statues. :)

Lots of great backs at NDSU though... It might not be a popular opinion, but I think Reggie Scott had the most physical skills.

HerdBot
09-21-2009, 07:08 PM
Bah! Satter made both PP and Gordon look like statues. :)

Lots of great backs at NDSU though... It might not be a popular opinion, but I think Reggie Scott had the most physical skills.

I almost forgot about Reggie. I remember he did some stupid %$*& before the Sioux game. Some things will never change I guess.

ndsubison1
09-21-2009, 07:55 PM

lamar could cut like no other

NDSUFan_Sav
09-22-2009, 02:03 AM

what i was trying to prove is Roehl wasn't used as far as running goes that much, but look what he did when he got that starting spot, why can't DJ be that guy? We'll be fairly deep at RBs you got DJ, Voit, Sigers, and then Ojuri

NDSUstudent
09-22-2009, 03:50 AM
what i was trying to prove is Roehl wasn't used as far as running goes that much, but look what he did when he got that starting spot, why can't DJ be that guy? We'll be fairly deep at RBs you got DJ, Voit, Sigers, and then Ojuri

We will be stocked at RB for sure, I just kind of see DJ as #2 back at least until he can establish himself as a tougher or a more explosive back. That said, he does do a lot of things very well...he is very shifty and a great receiver out of the backfield. Even if he doesn't become the #1 back he will provide a lot of value to the team.

HerdBot
09-22-2009, 04:02 AM

He could be the guy he just needs to keep improving. I think he will.

bisonhusker
09-22-2009, 03:06 PM
If you get a chance, watch the Craig Bohl Coaches show and watch some of the moves that PP, DJ and Voit make. Very impressive. Also the long run by Sigers was pretty tough. He shook some tacklers. Then you have Ojuri waiting in the wings.....hello depth. We can pound the football. That is how you win games.

SDbison
09-22-2009, 03:49 PM
If you get a chance, watch the Craig Bohl Coaches show and watch some of the moves that PP, DJ and Voit make. Very impressive. Also the long run by Sigers was pretty tough. He shook some tacklers. Then you have Ojuri waiting in the wings.....hello depth. We can pound the football. That is how you win games.
I too am impressed with the depth at runningback. Only concern I have for next year is we lose most of the starting O-line (only Richard and Arndt will remain) and Cornick is the only lineman that is not starting and has size and experience. Size and experience is lacking with the rest of the O-line players. Could be more difficult to pound the ball next year. Just making an observation here.........

BisonNeil
09-22-2009, 04:39 PM
I too am impressed with the depth at runningback. Only concern I have for next year is we lose most of the starting O-line (only Richard and Arndt will remain) and Cornick is the only lineman that is not starting and has size and experience. Size and experience is lacking with the rest of the O-line players. Could be more difficult to pound the ball next year. Just making an observation here.........

Agreed.

Cornick will be fine, but Carlingham and Lund need to get some snaps and get bigger. I still think it is interesting that in the note on signing day both were listed as 295 but are not really all that close to that now.

A1pigskin
09-23-2009, 02:19 AM
DJ does a lot of bouncing around. Bohl must see something in DJ over Voit. I don't know what it is.....

Bison"FANatic"
09-23-2009, 02:13 PM
I think there has been a huge improvement from McNorton. He still is dancing but it is past the line when he is at the second level. He is hitting the hole hard, now when the vision improves to pick out the cutback and hit it hard and then dance and make the backside defender miss it will lead to some great long runs. He has improved greatly in my opinion. I still am a big fan of Voightlander though. I can't believe the gear he hit when he turned the corner last Saturday. I thought for sure he was just going to be able to run out of bounds the way it was strung out.

steelbison
09-23-2009, 05:39 PM
Agreed.

Cornick will be fine, but Carlingham and Lund need to get some snaps and get bigger. I still think it is interesting that in the note on signing day both were listed as 295 but are not really all that close to that now.

How about Hank Jacobs??

SDbison
09-23-2009, 06:07 PM
How about Hank Jacobs??
He is a true freshman right now so for a lineman it is doubtful he will get much play time next year unless he is that good or we have to play him. The scary part is there is not miuch for size or experience between this years seniors and the freshman.

SDbison
09-23-2009, 06:07 PM
Agreed.

I think you meant Landingham, not Carlingham.........

SDbison
09-23-2009, 06:21 PM
Here are the available offensive lineman on the roster:
73 Lund, Joe (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1481802&Q_SEASON=2009) C 6-1 287 RFr. Bloomington, Minn. (Kennedy HS)
63 Richard, Austin (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1301645&Q_SEASON=2009) C 6-2 319 So. Fargo, N.D. (South HS)
65 Foster, Ryan (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=186102&Q_SEASON=2009) OG 6-2 304 Sr. Eleva, Wis. (Eleva-Sturm HS)
66 McGregor, DJ (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1240807&Q_SEASON=2009) OG 6-2 318 Jr. Warren, Minn. (Warren-Alvarado-Oslo HS)
68 Beckius, Ty (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1481795&Q_SEASON=2009) OL 6-4 279 RFr. Mahnomen, Minn. (Mahnomen HS)
61 Britt, Will (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1301656&Q_SEASON=2009) OL 6-2 290 So. Brooklyn Center, Minn. (DeLaSalle HS)
78 Cornick, Paul (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1301657&Q_SEASON=2009) OL 6-5 295 So. Orono, Minn. (Orono HS)
67 Jacobs, Hank (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=204778580&Q_SEASON=2009) OL 6-4 279 Fr. Beaver Dam, Wis. (Beaver Dam HS)
72 Jerve, Jeff (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=204778521&Q_SEASON=2009) OL 6-4 276 Fr. Montevideo, Minn. (Montevideo HS)
71 Landingham, Carlin (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1481799&Q_SEASON=2009) OL 6-2 279 RFr. Muskegon, Mich. (Muskegon HS)
74 Nack, Andrew (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=204779666&Q_SEASON=2009) OL 6-2 245 Fr. Osakis, Minn. (Osakis HS)
64 Rahman, Nathan OL 6-0 305 Fr. Farmington, Minn. (Farmington HS)
52 Arndt, Michael (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=607043&Q_SEASON=2009) OT 6-6 315 Jr. LaMoure, N.D. (LaMoure HS)
76 Buckman, Keith (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=186095&Q_SEASON=2009) OT 6-5 320 Sr. Belfield, N.D. (Belfield HS)
75 Ebel, Gerry (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=186100&Q_SEASON=2009) OT 6-6 316 Sr. Yankton, S.D. (Yankton HS)

bisonmike2
09-23-2009, 06:29 PM
Here are the available offensive lineman on the roster:
73 Lund, Joe (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1481802&Q_SEASON=2009) C 6-1 287 RFr. Bloomington, Minn. (Kennedy HS)
63 Richard, Austin (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1301645&Q_SEASON=2009) C 6-2 319 So. Fargo, N.D. (South HS)
65 Foster, Ryan (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=186102&Q_SEASON=2009) OG 6-2 304 Sr. Eleva, Wis. (Eleva-Sturm HS)
66 McGregor, DJ (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1240807&Q_SEASON=2009) OG 6-2 318 Jr. Warren, Minn. (Warren-Alvarado-Oslo HS)
68 Beckius, Ty (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1481795&Q_SEASON=2009) OL 6-4 279 RFr. Mahnomen, Minn. (Mahnomen HS)
61 Britt, Will (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1301656&Q_SEASON=2009) OL 6-2 290 So. Brooklyn Center, Minn. (DeLaSalle HS)
78 Cornick, Paul (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1301657&Q_SEASON=2009) OL 6-5 295 So. Orono, Minn. (Orono HS)
67 Jacobs, Hank (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=204778580&Q_SEASON=2009) OL 6-4 279 Fr. Beaver Dam, Wis. (Beaver Dam HS)
72 Jerve, Jeff (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=204778521&Q_SEASON=2009) OL 6-4 276 Fr. Montevideo, Minn. (Montevideo HS)
71 Landingham, Carlin (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1481799&Q_SEASON=2009) OL 6-2 279 RFr. Muskegon, Mich. (Muskegon HS)
74 Nack, Andrew (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=204779666&Q_SEASON=2009) OL 6-2 245 Fr. Osakis, Minn. (Osakis HS)
64 Rahman, Nathan OL 6-0 305 Fr. Farmington, Minn. (Farmington HS)
52 Arndt, Michael (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=607043&Q_SEASON=2009) OT 6-6 315 Jr. LaMoure, N.D. (LaMoure HS)
76 Buckman, Keith (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=186095&Q_SEASON=2009) OT 6-5 320 Sr. Belfield, N.D. (Belfield HS)
75 Ebel, Gerry (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=186100&Q_SEASON=2009) OT 6-6 316 Sr. Yankton, S.D. (Yankton HS)

Hope he gets put on the all you can eat campus meal plan.:hungry:

NDSUstudent
09-27-2009, 04:01 PM
I'm so tired of coach Bohl and his love for 3.1 yards a carry McNorton. Voigt gets two attempts yesterday and goes for 7.5 yards per carry. I wish just once he would get 12 carries like DJ got last game.

EndZoneQB
09-27-2009, 04:04 PM
I watched the highlights of DJ and I figured out why I don't like him. He lacks the burst to get upfield. Seems like he's missing some of that speed/acceleration that would make him a bigtime weapon. On his kick return(which was nice btw), he had nothing but open field in front of him, and couldn't accelerate away from a guy wearing #45(likely a LB...). Seems slow to get up to speed, if he even has that top speed. He is shifty, and its not to say he can't gain that speed/acceleration at NDSU.

CaBisonFan
09-27-2009, 04:05 PM
I'm so tired of coach Bohl and his love for 3.1 yards a carry McNorton. Voigt gets two attempts yesterday and goes for 7.5 yards per carry. I wish just once he would get 12 carries like DJ got last game.

I was legitimately shocked when DJ got some of his inside carries later in the game. DJ has improved a lot...but Voit deserves at least 7-8 carries every game. He's earned it. We can run a 3-back attack.

BisoninNWMN
09-27-2009, 09:12 PM
Voigt is better period as a RB.

Hits the hole hard and fast....plus has that physical running style about him.

Better PERIOD!!!!!!

tcbison
09-27-2009, 09:26 PM
Voigt is better period as a RB.

Hits the hole hard and fast....plus has that physical running style about him.

Better PERIOD!!!!!!

Voigt had only 2 carries for 15 yards for 7.5 average. DJ had 12 carries for 37 yards for a 3.1 average. This is pretty consistent every week that DJ gets more carries but Voigt has a much better yards per carry. Personally with all the problems at WR just make DJ a full time WR and get Voigt more carries at RB.

BisoninNWMN
09-27-2009, 09:32 PM
Voigt had only 2 carries for 15 yards for 7.5 average. DJ had 12 carries for 37 yards for a 3.1 average. This is pretty consistent every week that DJ gets more carries but Voigt has a much better yards per carry. Personally with all the problems at WR just make DJ a full time WR and get Voigt more carries at RB.

Good call.

Try something different at WR.

Hopefully the coaching staff can get a couple of good WR recruits this coming year and 1 or 2 good JUCOs......we need help there!!!!

IzzyFlexion
09-27-2009, 09:34 PM

With Vandal coming back, you might just get your wish. It should play out nicely as Matt will get perhaps 6-8 carries per game spelling PP and DJ is likely the best complement to Holloway as the other wide out.