PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Neb. Omaha Playoff - It's Running

CaBisonFan
09-09-2009, 07:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZN9aefVVD8&feature=channel_page

lakesbison
09-09-2009, 03:21 PM
give ca his own section with these perhaps.

TransAmBison
09-09-2009, 05:05 PM
Not a bad idea. Can be a bit time consuming searching for them.

mebisonII
09-09-2009, 05:12 PM
Had the same though...it would be nice to have them all in the same place when I'm sitting at a computer with 10 minutes to spare (oh lets get real, that's pretty much my whole day).

How about either a History subform, or a sticky thread with all of them in.

I like the subform best, as that allows for the comments attached to each game.

Gully
09-10-2009, 12:51 AM
What are the odds of losing 2 qbs to knee injuries in the same game? That team had a great chance of winning it all, but once we couldn't throw, it got tough in the kitty litter.

Watching that game reminded me of two things. First, how fast was Lamar Gordon? OMG. Second, how UNO was just a bunch of cheap ass thugs.

Jdubs21
09-10-2009, 12:57 AM
haha wow halstrom looks young

Jdubs21
09-10-2009, 01:03 AM
god these videos get me pumped up...thanks CA!!!

lakesbison
09-10-2009, 01:31 AM
i meant so i dont have re live the glory days everytime i come to bisonville. im enjoying the glory days now.

Iowa Bizun
09-10-2009, 01:42 AM
That game was a classic, had a blast cheering the bison on in that one. I still remember my son had just turned 1 year old, and when the bison came out after half he was the first one cheering and got the fans surrounding us on their feet and back into the game. I held him the entire game and he watched and cheered intently with his hands streched out toward the field, as if to say "let me out there dad, I can play with thes boys!"

What is great is that was the start, and now he has been able to whitness the Bison play in Minnesota, Ames, Cedar Falls, and Basketball in DesMoines, UWM and Minnesota, watched them play for a Summit League Title, go dancing, watch the softball team play in a "sweet 16"....and has the privelage of being a fan of the most up and coming D-1 athletics program in the NCAA.

Thanks NDSU!

BisonNolesFan77
09-10-2009, 01:59 AM
Loved at about 2:39...#85 for UNO comes flying in trys to level a NDSU player with a late hit, only to get leveled by that NDSU player...Love it!

tjbison
09-10-2009, 02:13 AM
Loved at about 2:39...#85 for UNO comes flying in trys to level a NDSU player with a late hit, only to get leveled by that NDSU player...Love it!

lol #85 he was a big boy too!!! bet he felt dumb

4mcruenomore
09-10-2009, 02:14 AM
I vote for CA to have all of these threads in one section, so I can find them easier. What happened to the home page of Bisonville.com? I miss all the stats and stuff too, we need that up again IMO. Picture links, stats, video links (ca),all that.

Wally
09-10-2009, 03:32 AM
After watching this, it still pisses me off that we had to go down to that bull**** field in Mississippi the next week!:ranting: :ranting:

CaBisonFan
09-10-2009, 12:15 PM
i meant so i dont have re live the glory days everytime i come to bisonville. im enjoying the glory days now.

I'd enjoy going to an opponent's board and not seeing your trash as we lead up to a game...yir such a great ambassador...:cool:

CaBisonFan
09-10-2009, 12:16 PM
After watching this, it still pisses me off that we had to go down to that bull**** field in Mississippi the next week!:ranting: :ranting:

Do you know if Delta St. was ranked below us?

Wally
09-10-2009, 02:01 PM
Do you know if Delta St. was ranked below us?

I don't remember if they were rated higher than us, they might have been since we were on the road vs NW Missouri and UNO. However, I do believe there other factors came in to the decision on where to play the game. I don't remember what all those details were, but I think field condition is one, projected attendance($$$) is one as well.

NDSU_grad
09-10-2009, 02:11 PM
Both Delta State and NDSU had one loss. The factor that decided where the game was to be played was record against ranked opponents. NDSU got penalized for losing to a better opponent (UNO earlier in the year), since Delta State's lone loss was to an unranked opponent.

Tatanka
09-10-2009, 02:12 PM
I don't remember if they were rated higher than us, they might have been since we were on the road vs NW Missouri and UNO. However, I do believe there other factors came in to the decision on where to play the game. I don't remember what all those details were, but I think field condition is one, projected attendance($$$) is one as well.

The decision was a subjective one once you get to region vs region IIRC. Either way, the NCAA chose kitty litter, several coon dogs and confederate flags in pickemup trucks, and a couple thousand fans in Mississippi over a guaranteed sellout (19000) at the FFD.

Of course, I'm sure we were promoted highly by the rep from the NCC... and we all know who that was. :smh:

TransAmBison
09-10-2009, 02:21 PM
We were ranked higher. The ONLY reason we played away was because of the scandal in Omaha with the POS AD we had at the moment.

Gully
09-10-2009, 02:47 PM
There was also some confusion regarding the ranking of a team from their region who chose not to participate in the playoffs.....that caused some confusion as to what their ranking really was. To me, if they choose not to participate, they should have to announce it before the season and they shouldn't be included in the ranking to avoid messing everything else up.

What really hurt was not being able to pass. Many of the plays were an early version of the Wildcat with Jason Jordan at wideout and direct snaps to Lamar Gordon. Sadly, we weren't as effective as the Wildcat has been lately.

CaBisonFan
09-10-2009, 04:03 PM
There was also some confusion regarding the ranking of a team from their region who chose not to participate in the playoffs.....that caused some confusion as to what their ranking really was. To me, if they choose not to participate, they should have to announce it before the season and they shouldn't be included in the ranking to avoid messing everything else up.

What really hurt was not being able to pass. Many of the plays were an early version of the Wildcat with Jason Jordan at wideout and direct snaps to Lamar Gordon. Sadly, we weren't as effective as the Wildcat has been lately.

I hadn't seen this game before. That team was a championship caliber team. Wonder if the QB situation affected the decision. Gee...could our good friend to the north have affected it too? This video really shows Lamar's stuff. Wow! Lots of excellent players.

spelunker64
09-10-2009, 05:27 PM
This was the fall of my senior year. Great time at this game and the NWMSU game as well. Windsor-Cokes caught up to me on a rural Missouri off-ramp if I remember correctly...

NDB2 help me out on that one :)

Amused
09-10-2009, 07:00 PM
We were ranked higher. The ONLY reason we played away was because of the scandal in Omaha with the POS AD we had at the moment.

Any way to blame it on Roger Thomas instead? :nod:

TransAmBison
09-10-2009, 07:03 PM
He had his hand in it. Errr, wait...that doesn't sound like I meant it...well, maybe...

bisonmike2
09-10-2009, 07:05 PM

Roger Thomas was also in the park that night. He just hasn't been caught yet.

roadwarrior
09-10-2009, 07:29 PM
The scandal in the park wasn't known until a later date.

TransAmBison
09-10-2009, 07:33 PM
The scandal in the park wasn't known until a later date.
Road, I would love to see proof of that one.

Scooter1
09-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Both Delta State and NDSU had one loss. The factor that decided where the game was to be played was record against ranked opponents. NDSU got penalized for losing to a better opponent (UNO earlier in the year), since Delta State's lone loss was to an unranked opponent.

This is 100% correct.

Who thought up this criteria, anyway? Using number of losses against ranked competition?!? Only in D2 can a 3pt loss on the road to the #2 ranked team in the country hurt when deciding home field against a team who also has one loss but against an unranked ball club. :smh:

I tell you...that logic boggles the mind.

CaBisonFan
09-11-2009, 01:19 AM
This is 100% correct.

Who thought up this criteria, anyway? Using number of losses against ranked competition?!? Only in D2 can a 3pt loss on the road to the #2 ranked team in the country hurt when deciding home field against a team who also has one loss but against an unranked ball club. :smh:

I tell you...that logic boggles the mind.

It has the feel of the 5-year transition for a program like NDSU...especially for football moving to the FCS.

Scooter1
09-11-2009, 01:29 AM
It has the feel of the 5-year transition for a program like NDSU...especially for football moving to the FCS.

One has nothing to do with the other. Every team that moves up goes through the steps. What does that have to do with criteria that rewards failure?

CaBisonFan
09-11-2009, 04:07 AM
One has nothing to do with the other. Every team that moves up goes through the steps. What does that have to do with criteria that rewards failure?

The NCAA. Or am I wrong about the selection committee being affiliated with the NCAA? I know that every team goes through the steps...except those who entered without a history. Failure to have a program has been rewarded in the case of Central Florida...among others. They took a direct path to the FBS. Maybe that loophole has been closed by the geniuses at the NCAA.

Scooter1
09-11-2009, 02:08 PM
The NCAA. Or am I wrong about the selection committee being affiliated with the NCAA? I know that every team goes through the steps...except those who entered without a history. Failure to have a program has been rewarded in the case of Central Florida...among others. They took a direct path to the FBS. Maybe that loophole has been closed by the geniuses at the NCAA.

There is a difference between NDSU and Central Florida. Central Florida was already a divison 1 school. There was no need to apply for division 1 status since they had already met the criteria as a school in the other sports. Whether Central Florida went through a probationary period or was grandfathered in is irrelevent to the agrument. They were a full fledge member of Division 1 athletics at the time of the start of their program. NDSU was not. Hence the probationary period. The probationary period has more to do with showing the ability to sustain D1 athletics across the board as opposed to just one sport. Central Florida had shown this ability by successfully funding d1 athletics in other sports over a period of time.

How this relates to being penalized for a road loss by thee points to the #2 team in the nation vs. a loss to an unranked opponent is beyond me.

The only thing a can see is that you disagree with both of the decisions. In which case...OK, I can live with that.