PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for visiting Ames and no more smack talk

CyRoller
09-08-2009, 10:20 PM
I hope you guys had a fun time in Ames and I hope everyone was friendly. I'm happy with the win, and I thought your team played hard. 34-17 is about what I expected, but I'm still surprised as to the amount of smack talk during the previous week, and the remarks regarding ISU's fanbase.

Gilley
09-08-2009, 10:30 PM
yeah you had the fans, nice in parking lot, cocky asses in the game... old man got pissed when he said look at the scoreboard and i said fcs..

clenz
09-08-2009, 10:32 PM
ISU has great fans to tailgate with...inside Jack Trice something changes though.

CyRoller
09-08-2009, 10:36 PM
ISU has great fans to tailgate with...inside Jack Trice something changes though.

Yeah, the game starts. Are we supposed to all hold hands?

EndZoneQB
09-08-2009, 11:11 PM

I was hoping you'd find me, big boy. I had open palms.

NDSUFan_Sav
09-08-2009, 11:40 PM

you had fans making fun of our play and team when you were only up by 7 pts in the 3rd/4th and then we start FCS chant and they finally shut up. Another reads our board and made fun of us for getting last in the MVFC after we said how last felt last year at 2-10 and how is it going to feel again this year. To bad we didn't finish last a yr ago, some ISU fans around us didn't mind and actually found it pretty funny they were trying to make fun of our team to us.

roadwarrior
09-08-2009, 11:51 PM
Only 5 years until the Bison return to Jack Trice......

NDSUFan_Sav
09-08-2009, 11:52 PM
Only 5 years until the Bison return to Jack Trice......

let the smack talk begin?????

lakesbison
09-08-2009, 11:53 PM
Savvy is 100% correct. ISU fans tailgatiog by the NDSU group were cool as hell, great.time, great talks, and good natured ribbin.

i guess that ISU fans dont know how to win, thus they turned on us, cuz it mite be only time all year they are winning.

their smack talkin durin the game was equally weak, plus they only cheered 3-4 times per game. no unison chants, no overall usage of thier 45,000+ fans.

ISU fans goto games to party, NDSU fans go to WIN and party that way.

plus, ndsu fans REALLY rallied around each other as a team.in the stands to confront the doormats!

NDSUFan_Sav
09-08-2009, 11:54 PM
Cydave,
if you read this thread, post that picture of the future looks to Jack Trice, looks really sweet he said it would hold bout 60k and he's thinking 3-4 years or whenever enough $ is brought in for it.

CaBisonFan
09-09-2009, 12:04 AM
I hope you guys had a fun time in Ames and I hope everyone was friendly. I'm happy with the win, and I thought your team played hard. 34-17 is about what I expected, but I'm still surprised as to the amount of smack talk during the previous week, and the remarks regarding ISU's fanbase.

Congrats on the win. Wish the score would have matched up more with the stats. But to ISU's credit...they earned it.

DjKyRo
09-09-2009, 12:08 AM
Hey, now we can officially start smacking for the basketball game!

NDSUFan_Sav
09-09-2009, 12:09 AM
CYCLONE NATION........stand up and get loud for 3rd down!!!!!!!

CYCLONE NATION........look at your dance team

CYCLONE NATION........Sit Down

people around us in BB know all about that :nod:

cydave
09-09-2009, 01:51 AM
Cydave,
if you read this thread, post that picture of the future looks to Jack Trice, looks really sweet he said it would hold bout 60k and he's thinking 3-4 years or whenever enough $ is brought in for it.

Here it is:
Hopefully it will be done in the next 3-4ish years. Of course, if we stay "bad" and no money or donor steps up, then it won't happen for awhile. Again, winning solves everything. :D
http://theclonezone.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/jts-south-end-zone-pic.jpg

MNLonghorn10
09-09-2009, 02:39 AM
CYCLONE NATION........stand up and get loud for 3rd down!!!!!!!

CYCLONE NATION........look at your dance team

CYCLONE NATION........Sit Down

people around us in BB know all about that :nod:

i think the best part of the game was when it was 3rd down for ndsu and we started telling CYCLONE NATION to get on their feet.

EndZoneQB
09-09-2009, 03:16 AM
i think the best part of the game was when it was 3rd down for ndsu and we started telling CYCLONE NATION to get on their feet.

F-C-S! F-C-S! F-C-S! They sure got pissed off about that. Someone said the people behind us in BB were complaining because we were standing the whole time? I think I was standing on the railing lol

NDSUFan_Sav
09-09-2009, 03:29 AM
F-C-S! F-C-S! F-C-S! They sure got pissed off about that. Someone said the people behind us in BB were complaining because we were standing the whole time? I think I was standing on the railing lol

that's when........CYCLONE NATION.....ON YOUR FEET should occur :)

Leonardite
09-09-2009, 03:34 AM
Here it is:
Hopefully it will be done in the next 3-4ish years. Of course, if we stay "bad" and no money or donor steps up, then it won't happen for awhile. Again, winning solves everything. :D
http://theclonezone.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/jts-south-end-zone-pic.jpg

While this is no doubt impressive, I thought one of the coolest aspects of your already very nice stadium was the hillside seating in the corners. I bet it gets especially rowdy down by the student section. Seems the stadium would lose some of its character if it lost that.

56BISON73
09-09-2009, 03:39 AM
While this is no doubt impressive, I thought one of the coolest aspects of your already very nice stadium was the hillside seating in the corners. I bet it gets especially rowdy down by the student section. Seems the stadium would lose some of its character if it lost that.

I thought the stadium was very well laid out. Plus there was good leg room which was surprising and the concession people were very friendly.
Needless to say I had a very enjoyable evening. Except for the outcome of the game that is.

cydave
09-09-2009, 04:08 AM
Hillside seating has its ups and downs. It makes it nice so that you can pretty much sell as many tix as you would like and still have enough room. And, it makes for a nice cheap option to buy season tix.
But, the view isn't the greatest, we don't really have a "true" stadium capacity, and when its rainy it makes for an interesting time. :D

I thought the stadium was very well laid out. Plus there was good leg room which was surprising and the concession people were very friendly.
Needless to say I had a very enjoyable evening. Except for the outcome of the game that is.
I'm glad you enjoyed your visit. And yes, the stadium has a nice amount of legroom, people aren't packed in there like sardines.

bigskybears
09-09-2009, 05:17 AM
i guess that ISU fans dont know how to win, thus they turned on us, cuz it mite be only time all year they are winning.

really man? Can you form a complete coherent sentence?

cydave
09-09-2009, 05:53 AM
Savvy is 100% correct. ISU fans tailgatiog by the NDSU group were cool as hell, great.time, great talks, and good natured ribbin.

their smack talkin durin the game was equally weak, plus they only cheered 3-4 times per game. no unison chants, no overall usage of thier 45,000+ fans.

ISU fans goto games to party, NDSU fans go to WIN and party that way.

plus, ndsu fans REALLY rallied around each other as a team.in the stands to confront the doormats!

This post screams ignorance. Did you not hear the "cyclone power" cheers? Where the sides alternate?
And I find it funny how you make fun of our team by only winning one game this season, and how this will be the only game we win. Well, if we're that bad, what does that make you?
And, if we're doormats, does that make you the scum under the doormat?
And the lack of cheering and game atmosphere may have had something to do with the opponent. Not to put NDSU down, but it was hard for a lot of the fans to get into this game. This game was more for us to see how the team looks and what to look for this year.
Enough of the smack talk, already. Jeez, the game is over. You lost, and gave us a good game. When you can't talk smack about our team anymore, do you just resort to ripping our fans and atmosphere? :confused:

17>1
09-09-2009, 06:38 AM
Dude...are you still here ? Isn't it Iowa week for you guys ? Go get a taste of some real smack from Iowa's fanbase and this will pale in comparison. And this whole "If we suck so bad what does that make you?" crap is pretty lame too. Give us 20 more schollies and you come to our house, and we'll see what happens.

17>1
09-09-2009, 06:40 AM
PS: Had to add one other thing. Put 45,000 Bison fans together in one stadium and you'll hear some real noise.

NDSUFan_Sav
09-09-2009, 06:56 AM
PS: Had to add one other thing. Put 45,000 Bison fans together in one stadium and you'll hear some real noise.

ahhhhh shit he said it.....he really said it!!!! :D

aka 30k fans in the Metrodome when we played the gophers shit we were louder then their fans our 30k >> their 40whatever thousand you had :)

its what we do, not dissing you Cydave you were good stuff throughout.

roadwarrior
09-09-2009, 11:40 AM

I thought their fans were impressive in the stadium wide chants. The student section was cheering in unison many times during the game. We heard no smack from the ISU fans which surrounded us.

westnodak93bison
09-09-2009, 12:11 PM
their fans were pretty friendly for the most part, the most annoying fan was a Bison fan in section 15-- We nicknamed him Mr. Positive. I swear he would sentence Mertens to hell if he could.

Herd80
09-09-2009, 01:40 PM
I thought Trice was a great venue, and the ISU fans pretty well organized and reasonable at the game. The biggest problem I saw the entire time was the group of drunk/obnoxious Bison fans making asses out of themselves in Section 16. Stupid, annoying, boorish, rude, embarassing...did I mention stupid? The ISU fans I talked to before and after the game all thanked my son and I for coming down, and hoped they kicked our ass. Nothing wrong with that. It's great to see a game at a 1A school, and how they do college football at that kind of environment. If the worst part of the experience is our own fans...that kind of says it all.

SDbison
09-09-2009, 03:13 PM
I thought Trice was a great venue, and the ISU fans pretty well organized and reasonable at the game. The biggest problem I saw the entire time was the group of drunk/obnoxious Bison fans making asses out of themselves in Section 16. Stupid, annoying, boorish, rude, embarassing...did I mention stupid? The ISU fans I talked to before and after the game all thanked my son and I for coming down, and hoped they kicked our ass. Nothing wrong with that. It's great to see a game at a 1A school, and how they do college football at that kind of environment. If the worst part of the experience is our own fans...that kind of says it all.
Yeah, there was none of that from the ISU fans? Not true, I had a few annoying ISU fans behind me that decided to sit in the middle of the NDSU section. So quit bashing NDSU folks that tailgated and some fun. Just because you are sober and have your son with you does not mean everyone has to fit your ideal about having a good time.

cydave
09-09-2009, 03:21 PM
Dude...are you still here ? Isn't it Iowa week for you guys ? Go get a taste of some real smack from Iowa's fanbase and this will pale in comparison. And this whole "If we suck so bad what does that make you?" crap is pretty lame too. Give us 20 more schollies and you come to our house, and we'll see what happens.
Really, Dude? So, other fans aren't even welcome on your board to talk football? I didn't know the only people allowed on this board were NDSU fans and fans from the opposing team for that week...
And yes, I am fully aware of the smack Iowa talks. And to be honest, this is the first year it hasn't been "that" bad. Both fanbases are so unsure of what is going to happen. Things have been relatively quiet for the most part.
And yes, the whole "if we suck so bad, then you suck more" is getting old. But, you have to admit that still saying we suck after we beat you, is getting old too. Especially when we have fans coming over to your board to congratulate your team and speak kind words and then somebody comes back and talks smack to you?? If I were you, I wouldn't be standing up for somebody like that, it makes your fans reputation look like crap.
And since we're at it, I'm pretty sure 20k bison fans would be louder than our stadium was for the NDSU game, but if you really want to hear what our stadium truly sounds like and how loud it can get, come back for the Iowa game or a Big 12 game. HUGE difference.

I thought their fans were impressive in the stadium wide chants. The student section was cheering in unison many times during the game. We heard no smack from the ISU fans which surrounded us.

their fans were pretty friendly for the most part, the most annoying fan was a Bison fan in section 15-- We nicknamed him Mr. Positive. I swear he would sentence Mertens to hell if he could.

For the 3 posters above. Thank you. Maybe Lakesbison was at a different football game???

Herd80
09-09-2009, 03:33 PM
Yeah, there was none of that from the ISU fans? Not true, I had a few annoying ISU fans behind me that decided to sit in the middle of the NDSU section. So quit bashing NDSU folks that tailgated and some fun. Just because you are sober and have your son with you does not mean everyone has to fit your ideal about having a good time.

Ah, I see. You're the voice of "everyone has a right to an opinion on this site", except when it differs from yours.

I'm fine with a few beers and having a good time, and go to enough sporting events to know over the line of good taste/fun and obnoxious. I used the term boorish intentionally, and would have said the same whether it was our fans or ISU sitting behind me making asses of themselves. Seems to me the major difference is that we are at their house, do you suppose the number of idiots might be a little higher at Trice even if the ratio is the same between ISU/NDSU?

Few things peeve me more than seeing our fans, in public or on this site, acting like a bunch of assholes. Public image means something, and having some class reflects well on the team and university I happen to call my own.

There's an opinion for you.

Amused
09-09-2009, 04:19 PM
For the 3 posters above. Thank you. Maybe Lakesbison was at a different football game???

There's some question what planet Lakesbison is on.

MNLonghorn10
09-09-2009, 05:19 PM
Really, Dude? So, other fans aren't even welcome on your board to talk football? I didn't know the only people allowed on this board were NDSU fans and fans from the opposing team for that week...
And yes, I am fully aware of the smack Iowa talks. And to be honest, this is the first year it hasn't been "that" bad. Both fanbases are so unsure of what is going to happen. Things have been relatively quiet for the most part.
And yes, the whole "if we suck so bad, then you suck more" is getting old. But, you have to admit that still saying we suck after we beat you, is getting old too. Especially when we have fans coming over to your board to congratulate your team and speak kind words and then somebody comes back and talks smack to you?? If I were you, I wouldn't be standing up for somebody like that, it makes your fans reputation look like crap.
And since we're at it, I'm pretty sure 20k bison fans would be louder than our stadium was for the NDSU game, but if you really want to hear what our stadium truly sounds like and how loud it can get, come back for the Iowa game or a Big 12 game. HUGE difference.

disagreed.

the place was a ghost town at halftime.

spelunker64
09-09-2009, 05:25 PM
We had a good time. Sat right next to the student section and had no issues. I thought the back and forth chant was cool, but had no idea what they were saying...

The band came up the aisle next to us in the 2nd half, right when we scored a TD. I told them to stay since they were good luck.

The guys that had the tent next to us on Cyclone alley were talking about the expansion and said, "Great, now we'll have 20,000 empty seats" Good guys though. Good ribs too!

cydave
09-09-2009, 05:38 PM
disagreed.

the place was a ghost town at halftime.

For our game against Texas? Well yea, that thing was over before it started. :hide:
I guess I should restate: The crowd is better at Rivalry games or Big 12 games, if we aren't getting killed. But, if you came back a week later when we took OU down the wire, it was crazy.

SDbison
09-09-2009, 05:48 PM
Ah, I see. You're the voice of "everyone has a right to an opinion on this site", except when it differs from yours.

I'm fine with a few beers and having a good time, and go to enough sporting events to know over the line of good taste/fun and obnoxious. I used the term boorish intentionally, and would have said the same whether it was our fans or ISU sitting behind me making asses of themselves. Seems to me the major difference is that we are at their house, do you suppose the number of idiots might be a little higher at Trice even if the ratio is the same between ISU/NDSU?

Few things peeve me more than seeing our fans, in public or on this site, acting like a bunch of assholes. Public image means something, and having some class reflects well on the team and university I happen to call my own.

There's an opinion for you.
So where did I say you weren't entitled to you opinion. Some fans think a college football game is a formal / family event where you have to follow some strict guidelines. Obviously, there is a point where having some fun becomes a bad thing, but to censure everyone to some uniform standard is ridiculous. I saw nothing that was over the line at this game and only heard your one serious complaint about our fans. I did hear that some ISU fans decided to damage one of the Bison rigs. That is definitely over the line.

80ALUM
09-09-2009, 05:52 PM
We had a very positive experience at Ames. All Cyclones fans we encountered were very friendly and welcoming. They wished us a safe trip and complimented our team. We even entered a pool at a local bar on Main Street and won $50 which the bartender mailed to us yesterday. Wouldn't have had to do that since we did not go back for our winnings. Standup guy.
The whole experience was a lesson for me in how to be welcoming to our opponent's fans (except Sioux fans).

17>1
09-09-2009, 05:55 PM

I like the part about this being the first year it has'nt been that bad with Iowa and smack talk. Probably because you guys suck and have zero confidence in your program. There I said it, for the first time mind you. You're more than welcome on this board. We all know this is one of the best boards around and who would'nt want to be a part of this ? But you come on here and start a thread telling us to not smack you anymore, and you think it's going to go well ? I'm just saying I appreciate you as a fanbase being very hospitable, I had a blast, but move on from addressing every little thing we might say on a message board. Act like you've been there before....or wait...it is Iowa State. This and maybe once more this season you can come on a message board and rub a win in someones face. End rant...

Herd80
09-09-2009, 06:06 PM

Huh?

Read your post...looks to me like I've been told to keep my opinions to myself. That's ok...carry on in the defense of the freedom to act foolish.

17>1
09-09-2009, 06:14 PM
I must say that I had an absolute blast at the game and the ISU fans were great. I had my picture taken with about a dozen or so of them. The only time the entire game I was annoyed was when a fellow Bison fan came up to us and we could obviously see he was wasted. He was mumbling something about cheering louder and then started rubbing my shoulders really hard and I told him to stop but he was just way to drunk to really know what he was doing. I'm not one for being a physical person but I was really close to flat out decking him. Also saw a Bison fan try jumping the little cement ledge by the hill and he wiped out pretty good. Don't get why people would drive 7 hours to watch the team they love and playing on such a big stage, and then drink so much they can't remember anything until halftime. Still waiting on pics from my friend that we took at the game. Then ya'll can get a close up of the caped crusader.

cydave
09-09-2009, 06:18 PM
I like the part about this being the first year it has'nt been that bad with Iowa and smack talk. Probably because you guys suck and have zero confidence in your program. There I said it, for the first time mind you. You're more than welcome on this board. We all know this is one of the best boards around and who would'nt want to be a part of this ? But you come on here and start a thread telling us to not smack you anymore, and you think it's going to go well ? I'm just saying I appreciate you as a fanbase being very hospitable, I had a blast, but move on from addressing every little thing we might say on a message board. Act like you've been there before....or wait...it is Iowa State. This and maybe once more this season you can come on a message board and rub a win in someones face. End rant...

hahaha, funny. Why are you so grouchy today? First off, I didn't start the thread saying no more smack talk. This thread was great to talk about the outcome and I enjoyed hearing people say how good of a time they had, then it gets ruined with more smack and pissed off people.
No smack between us and Iowa? I didn't say 'No' smack, I said less than usual. It's usually a freakin war on the boards, but its been a little quiet. Why? not because we suck, like you think (and again, that gets old too. You lost to us, so we suck?? I don't get it??.. You must still be in middle school, where you going around telling everybody they suck, just bc you can't handle the fact you lost or you just don't like them) not because we don't have confidence in our team, in fact if I recall, people over here were saying we were over confident going into the game against NDSU... You're really confusing me 8>1, you should stop while you're ahead. It just keeps coming around and biting you in the butt. You say things now, but upon thinking back, it was the opposite of what you were saying last week.
The smack isn't bad because Iowa squeaked by UNI and usually they dominate their first opponent, so they come in talking smack like they are going to kill us, but now they are "unsure" of what is going to happen. Neither team has room to talk smack, at this point.

Act like I've been there before? Been where?!?! what are you talking about? Are you talking about a message board? hahaha I've been posting on message boards for years. Does that change your opinion or what? I didn't know the longer you've posted on message boards, the smarter you are.

And go ahead keep on making fun of ISU and its fans. If anything you are just embarrassing yourself, your fanbase and NDSU in general. No, seriously, keep making fun of us and telling us we suck at football.. I really do find it quite amusing. ;)

EndZoneQB
09-09-2009, 06:24 PM
This thread sucks lol

Btw, I still hold a grudge that you guys didn't finish off OU. I would have been a lifetime ISU fan! haha

MNLonghorn10
09-09-2009, 06:46 PM
I must say that I had an absolute blast at the game and the ISU fans were great. I had my picture taken with about a dozen or so of them. The only time the entire game I was annoyed was when a fellow Bison fan came up to us and we could obviously see he was wasted. He was mumbling something about cheering louder and then started rubbing my shoulders really hard and I told him to stop but he was just way to drunk to really know what he was doing. I'm not one for being a physical person but I was really close to flat out decking him. Also saw a Bison fan try jumping the little cement ledge by the hill and he wiped out pretty good. Don't get why people would drive 7 hours to watch the team they love and playing on such a big stage, and then drink so much they can't remember anything until halftime. Still waiting on pics from my friend that we took at the game. Then ya'll can get a close up of the caped crusader.

Werd thatd suck

17>1
09-09-2009, 11:33 PM
You're right. Good game, see ya'll in 5 years. Is it saturday yet ? Go Bison !!!

pantherhawkrolling
09-09-2009, 11:49 PM
And go ahead keep on making fun of ISU and its fans. If anything you are just embarrassing yourself, your fanbase and NDSU in general. No, seriously, keep making fun of us and telling us we suck at football.. I really do find it quite amusing. ;)[/QUOTE]

Embarrassing themselves on their own board? At any rate, do you seriously think you do not suck at football? You have the third best team in your state, and you are in the Big 12!!

You guys won the game, and yes you deserved to win. But keep in mind that this game was on your field, you have many advantages in being in the Big 12, and NDSU still looked pretty good out there.

tjbison
09-10-2009, 01:06 AM
Jesus this game happed 6 days ago, shouldn't the ISU fans have moved on to the Iowa board for the smacking, and we should be worried about our team performing in Texas this week!!! but I agree with whoever said it this thread sucks

cydave
09-10-2009, 02:14 AM
And go ahead keep on making fun of ISU and its fans. If anything you are just embarrassing yourself, your fanbase and NDSU in general. No, seriously, keep making fun of us and telling us we suck at football.. I really do find it quite amusing. ;)

Embarrassing themselves on their own board? At any rate, do you seriously think you do not suck at football? You have the third best team in your state, and you are in the Big 12!!

You guys won the game, and yes you deserved to win. But keep in mind that this game was on your field, you have many advantages in being in the Big 12, and NDSU still looked pretty good out there.[/QUOTE]
Pantherhawk? God, its the worst of both worlds. After I saw that name, I stopped reading. Please tell me you aren't a fan of both Iowa and UNI...??? :banghead:

Ok, so I read it. The third best team in the state? I'll wait until after this saturday before I say anything. Its been awhile since Iowa has ever won in Ames. And what does being in the big 12 have to do with anything?? Besides us playing the toughest schedule. :D ;)

And I agree, NDSU did look pretty good out there. I already gave them quite a bit of credit.

Jesus this game happed 6 days ago, shouldn't the ISU fans have moved on to the Iowa board for the smacking, and we should be worried about our team performing in Texas this week!!! but I agree with whoever said it this thread sucks

You'd be surprised at how little smack talk there is going on. Its usually pretty dang bad to the point of rediculous. But, for some reason this year, its actually pretty calm from both sides. I think both fan bases are truly unsure of what might happen. Except for those handful of fans from each side, where they think their team could beat an NFL team.

4mcruenomore
09-10-2009, 02:17 AM
Might as well lock this one up. Bring back the Mertens poll, I didn't vote yet.

pantherhawkrolling
09-10-2009, 02:25 AM
Pantherhawk? God, its the worst of both worlds. After I saw that name, I stopped reading. Please tell me you aren't a fan of both Iowa and UNI...??? :banghead:

Yes, I am a fan of both the #1 and #2 programs in the state. :nod: After Saturday, though, I am not sure of the order.

cydave
09-10-2009, 02:38 AM

Yes, I am a fan of both the #1 and #2 programs in the state. :nod: After Saturday, though, I am not sure of the order.

Not sure of the order? Won't Iowa be ahead of UNI, no matter what the outcome is? BC, if ISU wins, that would make UI #2 and UNI #3. Now, if we get beat by iowa, by more than 1, we are #3. However, if we take Iowa to OT and lose, we are #2 and UNI is #3. And lastly, if we lose to Iowa bc they block 3 fg attempts, rather than just 2, we are also number 2. Now, if they block just 1 last second fg, we are #3 and UNI is #2. Get what I'm saying? :D :p

4mcruenomore
09-10-2009, 02:39 AM
Why don't you two idiot sticks go somewhere else and bitch slap eachother. All 3 programs suck as far as I'm concerned, this is BISON COUNTRY.

cydave
09-10-2009, 02:50 AM
Why don't you two idiot sticks go somewhere else and bitch slap eachother. All 3 programs suck as far as I'm concerned, this is BISON COUNTRY.

:D my bad. I must have just awoken the sleeping giant. This board can sure get pretty scary sometimes! A lot of bi-polar type attitudes. :p
Alright, fine, I'll leave. Nice to talk to some of you guys! Glad you had fun in Ames and I hope to see you all back in 2014. Good luck the rest of the year. :bow:

NDSUFan_Sav
09-10-2009, 06:42 AM
:D my bad. I must have just awoken the sleeping giant. This board can sure get pretty scary sometimes! A lot of bi-polar type attitudes. :p
Alright, fine, I'll leave. Nice to talk to some of you guys! Glad you had fun in Ames and I hope to see you all back in 2014. Good luck the rest of the year. :bow:

who cares what they think you aren't doing any harm man...you've provided help....some are blowing up for no reason....you were having some fun on that last post if they can't realize that or whatever so be it.

17>1
09-10-2009, 01:44 PM

Finally...

CyRoller
09-11-2009, 07:07 PM
Wow, more comments here than I thought. I simply congratulated your team on a hard fought game, and I did not intend for more smack talk. My only real observation was that anyone who thinks ISU's fans are better or worse than any other fans is incorrect. The average NDSU fan is no better or worse than the average ISU fan, Iowa fan, South Dakota fan or any other fan. To somehow think that if NDSU had won the game, they would have been especially gracious about it is wishful thinking and nothing more. Poor sportsmanship is everywhere, and in roughly equal proportions.

rutlandbison
09-11-2009, 07:37 PM
Wow, more comments here than I thought. I simply congratulated your team on a hard fought game, and I did not intend for more smack talk. My only real observation was that anyone who thinks ISU's fans are better or worse than any other fans is incorrect. The average NDSU fan is no better or worse than the average ISU fan, Iowa fan, South Dakota fan or any other fan. To somehow think that if NDSU had won the game, they would have been especially gracious about it is wishful thinking and nothing more. Poor sportsmanship is everywhere, and in roughly equal proportions.
Roughly....

KC Bison
09-12-2009, 12:57 AM
My observation from the game was that the fans were very nice. There were 3 of us in the middle of a ton of ISU fans (DD section in the endzone). We screamed and yelled and no one hassled us at all. I got tired of their "Another Cyclone first down" yell and started my own another Cyclone 4th down cheer. Course no one joined in with me but no one got on my case either. I didn't get to yell that cheer often enough. Went to the Great Plains Dough and Sauce pizza place prior to the game and it was pretty good pizza.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-12-2009, 02:50 AM

SD........is that you??????? :D

SDbison
09-12-2009, 03:46 AM
SD........is that you??????? :D
Could have been.......but I don't think I was that vocal.......if the poster said the guy in question was wearing a hard hat and a #23 home jersey that would be me. Now I suppose even if it wasn't me I would get the blame as 25% of Bisonville have it out for me. I really don't appreciate the attacks on me personally here though. I don't hide behind the internet cloak as most people know I am a big guy and wear a 23 jersey and a hard hat at most games. So I have my opinions, but I have never attacked Mertens or other players for their personal life. I think I have watched Bison fooball for many years and I am fan who is probably too passionate about winning. So think what you want as I am not out to win a popularity contest.

lakesbison
09-12-2009, 08:23 AM
But do you wear,a hard hat AND #23 JERSEY??....im confused.

p.s--iowa state sucks #118 in country (if ndsu had 22 more schollies, we'd be top 100!)

NDSUFan_Sav
09-12-2009, 04:29 PM
Could have been.......but I don't think I was that vocal.......if the poster said the guy in question was wearing a hard hat and a #23 home jersey that would be me. Now I suppose even if it wasn't me I would get the blame as 25% of Bisonville have it out for me. I really don't appreciate the attacks on me personally here though. I don't hide behind the internet cloak as most people know I am a big guy and wear a 23 jersey and a hard hat at most games. So I have my opinions, but I have never attacked Mertens or other players for their personal life. I think I have watched Bison fooball for many years and I am fan who is probably too passionate about winning. So think what you want as I am not out to win a popularity contest.

SD you know we both give eachother crap its all in fun :D

Get up here next weekend and we'll share some drinks in the West lot, you going golfing with us that friday?

SDbison
09-12-2009, 06:49 PM
SD you know we both give eachother crap its all in fun :D

Get up here next weekend and we'll share some drinks in the West lot, you going golfing with us that friday?
Yeah, I will be golfing Friday. Sounds like we only have 2 foursomes. would be nice to get another 4 to 8 people. Heck, we can have a bunch of drinks while golfing. Look forward to seeing you and talking Bison football.

NDSUFan_Sav
09-12-2009, 08:54 PM
Yeah, I will be golfing Friday. Sounds like we only have 2 foursomes. would be nice to get another 4 to 8 people. Heck, we can have a bunch of drinks while golfing. Look forward to seeing you and talking Bison football.

well I got myself and a friend, slicks in and you're in......burgundy?? ricky bobby??? there's gotta be other golfers on bville

clenz
09-14-2009, 02:39 AM

Maybe your fans are asses because you suck, and we beat the living hell out of you that day

CyRoller
09-15-2009, 09:20 PM
Maybe your fans are asses because you suck, and we beat the living hell out of you that day

Thanks for the tip Directional U. Have fun playing other Directional U's, I'm off to watch us lose to the big boys.

EndZoneQB
09-16-2009, 12:09 AM
Thanks for the tip Directional U. Have fun playing other Directional U's, I'm off to watch us lose to the big boys.

lmao, thats awesome.

clenz
09-16-2009, 03:05 PM
I suppose that's more respectable than beating UNI by 1 because UNI missed a last second 52 yard FG in 2006, then getting your ass handed to you in 2007 by that directional school..

Enjoy getting beat by the big boys while you can, because I think we play you 4 or 5 more times in the next 7 or 8 years...and you will lose every single one of them