PDA

View Full Version : Kickoff return

roadwarrior
09-07-2009, 11:46 PM
Shamen Washington and Mike Sigers are listed as kickoff returners this week. If you are the opposing coach, which one do you kick to?

aces1180
09-07-2009, 11:47 PM
Shamen Washington and Mike Sigers are listed as kickoff returners this week. If you are the opposing coach, which one do you kick to?

Neither...Kick it to one of the upmen. ;)

TheBisonator
09-07-2009, 11:48 PM
I'd really like to see one of them bust one through. Hasn't it been a couple years since we had a kick or punt return TD??

MinotBison
09-07-2009, 11:49 PM
Or kick it to that other guy the Bison have. I think his name is Outof Bounds.

Bison"FANatic"
09-08-2009, 12:04 AM
It sure would be interesting to see Voightlander in a upman position. He can block and if they do kick it short he would do great with the ball. I don't know how he is at fielding kickoffs or punts though. I think Horner also was taking some kickoffs in the spring game and he can hit and clear a path so Him and Voightlander could be a good up combo. Who do you kick to then. Nice to have options and if we can get the field turned over early and often life could be good.:nod: :nod:

Herd
09-08-2009, 12:05 AM
No one got it past the 25 against ISU. I'd kick it to both of them until they proved something.

Gully
09-08-2009, 12:13 AM
No one got it past the 25 against ISU. I'd kick it to both of them until they proved something.

Um, Shamen didn't play at ISU and I think he's already returned several in his career.

TheDoctor
09-08-2009, 02:46 AM
I thought this thread was about kickoff return coverage when I saw the title. Bibeau is still tackling like a machine! ;)

NDSUFan_Sav
09-08-2009, 02:53 AM
I thought this thread was about kickoff return coverage when I saw the title. Bibeau is still tackling like a machine! ;)

there you are!!!! :D

Sigers is a stud

with having shamen back those 2 could be a good combo

tony
09-08-2009, 03:00 AM
Totally off-topic but if Bibeau hadn't made a great play and tackled the return guy, that would have been the first kickoff return for a TD by Iowa State at home since 1976 (and only the second one in the history of their stadium.) I was going to mention that before the game but figured if I did, the Cyclones would almost certainly return one on our guys.

I like MinotBison's idea kick it to Bounds... Otto Bounds.

99Bison
09-08-2009, 07:20 AM
You have to kick to both until they show something this year, especially Shamen.

TheDoctor
09-08-2009, 02:06 PM
Totally off-topic but if Bibeau hadn't made a great play and tackled the return guy, that would have been the first kickoff return for a TD by Iowa State at home since 1976 (and only the second one in the history of their stadium.) I was going to mention that before the game but figured if I did, the Cyclones would almost certainly return one on our guys.

My point exactly :hide:! ;)

X-Factor
09-08-2009, 11:33 PM
Um, Shamen didn't play at ISU and I think he's already returned several in his career.

Shamen has a lot to prove. He was once great, and possibly the best returner in FCS. However, multiple injuries later he can not be compared to that same level. Last year (when healthy) he was basically a non-factor.

roadwarrior
09-08-2009, 11:39 PM
Shamen has a lot to prove. He was once great, and possibly the best returner in FCS. However, multiple injuries later he can not be compared to that same level. Last year (when healthy) he was basically a non-factor.

Shamen was never 100% last year. Hopefully he is this season.

90BISON
09-09-2009, 12:14 AM

NO, Otto Bounds is over in Germany where they drive their cars really fast!:D

RunDMc34
09-09-2009, 12:17 AM
We have to be one of the worst KO return teams in the country overall in fact our special teams are shitty, from the coaching to the execution.

90BISON
09-09-2009, 12:21 AM
I would honestly prefer if our kickoff return team only saw the field about once per game, preferably at the beginning of a half. ;)

Greenie
09-10-2009, 08:36 PM
Our coaching staff needs to spend a LOT more time on special teams. NDSU gets outcoached in these areas on a weekly basis. Maybe they need to hire a special teams coach or put the grad assistants on it. The last 1+ years have been terrible. I'm tired of those pooch kicks that give the other team the ball at midfield.

tcbison
09-10-2009, 08:45 PM
Our coaching staff needs to spend a LOT more time on special teams. NDSU gets outcoached in these areas on a weekly basis. Maybe they need to hire a special teams coach or put the grad assistants on it. The last 1+ years have been terrible. I'm tired of those pooch kicks that give the other team the ball at midfield.

This ^^^^^

Gully
09-10-2009, 08:47 PM
Shamen was never 100% last year. Hopefully he is this season.

This....................................

MinotBison
09-10-2009, 10:46 PM
NO, Otto Bounds is over in Germany where they drive their cars really fast!:D

90B, I have been on the Auto Bahn and can verify that they do indeed drive very fast. We were going about 75 mph in the lane generally used for the slowest vehicles, and were getting passed like we were still in first gear (which some of them probably were).

Scooter1
09-11-2009, 01:56 AM
We have to be one of the worst KO return teams in the country overall in fact our special teams are shitty, from the coaching to the execution.

Actually, the worst kick off return team in the MVC so far is.........

7. North Dakota State 1 7 105 0 15.0
8. Northern Iowa 1 3 41 0 13.7
9. South Dakota State 0 0 0 0 0.0

but.... UNI played against an FBS team.....wait a minute....so did NDSU

Maybe we should wait a few games.