PDA

View Full Version : Uni Rb = Acl

lakesbison
09-07-2009, 04:07 PM
http://www.unipanthers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/collins_josh00.html

he's out for the season torn ACL

tjbison
09-07-2009, 04:16 PM
Both him and Law were out for the Iowa game, so looks like the 3rd stringer is as good or better than them, but if he goes down then OUCH!

HandoEX
09-07-2009, 04:24 PM
Both him and Law were out for the Iowa game, so looks like the 3rd stringer is as good or better than them, but if he goes down then OUCH!

I don't get how people are saying that the kid that played was anything special. He went for 3.1 yards a carry with 24 attempts against Iowa. That's terrible no matter who they played!

Gully
09-07-2009, 04:26 PM
I don't get how people are saying that the kid that played was anything special. He went for 3.1 yards a carry with 24 attempts against Iowa. That's terrible no matter who they played!

Did you watch the game?

HandoEX
09-07-2009, 04:27 PM
Did you watch the game?
No, what did I miss from this kid?

Gully
09-07-2009, 04:30 PM
He made some unbelievable runs. He had great quickness and speed, AND broke tackles. The stats might not be spectacular, but that could be because he had a couple of runs for a loss when he got dropped in the backfield. I was very impressed with him and think we'll have a tough time tackling him. Reminded me of a cross between Shamen and Southern Illinois little back from last year.

tjbison
09-07-2009, 04:57 PM

Stats don't show everything!

Herd
09-07-2009, 06:39 PM
Yeah, that kid got a lot of yards on his own when nothing was there. He really ran hard. I was impressed.

06panther10
09-07-2009, 08:41 PM
Josh Collins was not a RB. He was probably our best WR though.

06panther10
09-07-2009, 08:43 PM

It was his first college football game, and he was the only RB that UNI used the entire game, because of the supsensions.

Not to mention he was playing against a ranked FBS team.

clenz
09-08-2009, 08:47 PM
I don't know if Carlos ever sat a play. He made some moves that I haven't saw since Barry Sanders. I'm not saying he is that good, but they were Sanders like cuts.

His average was cut because there was 2 or 3 times the new turf got him. New field turf is slick and he slipped behind the line a couple times.

We didn't have another RB and Carlos also played our 5th WR for most of the game. Kid is a complete stud.