PDA

View Full Version : Iowa - Iowa St game has my attention

Scooter1
09-07-2009, 12:16 PM
The Iowa - Iowa St game has some interest for me for the first time...well...ever. Iowa squeeked out a victory against UNI last week and had multiple chances to put the game away...but they didn't. If the Hawkeyes play like the did against UNI they may lose. I was impressed with the athleticism of Iowa States QB. I was also impressed with the protection that he got last week. (it is much easier to block when you know that the refs are going to keep the flags in their pockets but it was this way for both teams) Just how good is Iowa St this year? The game on Saturday will hopefully answer some of those questions. Although it is not a great indicator comparing game scores and stats of common opponents, but at this point in the season, it's all we have.

This brings up the question, how good is this Bison team? I saw some good things on the highlight video on the craig Bohl show on offense. I saw some breakdowns on the defense that concern me. For the next game, I'm not sure just how good this SHSU team will be. The experts have them finishing at the lower end of their conference this year and they lost to a W Illinois team that I think is a good team, but not great. I'm sure that W Illinois is going to be watching this score to get a gage as to the strength of NDSU.

CaBisonFan
09-07-2009, 12:47 PM
This brings up the question, how good is this Bison team? I saw some good things on the highlight video on the craig Bohl show on offense.

I have the same kind of interest in this game. Most problems in the ISU game can be fixed. We'll see how bad this team wants it. Good post Scooter1.

Scooter1
09-12-2009, 06:28 PM
3rd quarter and Arnaud has thrown 4 INTs

Iowa state has 5 turnovers already!!!!! with 8:00 to go in the third. WOW.:smh:

4:00 left in third 28-3...stick a fork in Iowa State.

Iowa State gives up when you smack them in the mouth.

tjbison
09-12-2009, 07:40 PM
3rd quarter and Arnaud has thrown 4 INTs

Iowa state has 5 turnovers already!!!!! with 8:00 to go in the third. WOW.:smh:

4:00 left in third 28-3...stick a fork in Iowa State.

Iowa State gives up when you smack them in the mouth.

guess we don't have to worry about the ISU posters anymore over here!!

IzzyFlexion
09-12-2009, 08:20 PM
On paper, it appears that NDSU lost to the 3rd best team in Iowa last week.:(

NDSUFan_Sav
09-12-2009, 08:20 PM
guess we don't have to worry about the ISU posters anymore over here!!

til i post this:

Iowa #1 team in the st UNI #2 and Iowa St a dreadful #3 :D

....."but we beat you so what does that make you guys" :D

coldspot
09-12-2009, 08:45 PM
til i post this:

Iowa #1 team in the st UNI #2 and Iowa St a dreadful #3 :D

....."but we beat you so what does that make you guys" :D

well, FWIW, we are the best team in north dakota.

NDSUFan_Sav
09-12-2009, 08:47 PM
well, FWIW, we are the best team in north dakota and minnesota combined.

FYP!!!!! :hide:

56BISON73
09-12-2009, 08:49 PM
For those that didnt watch the Iowa-ISU game---ISU started their second string QB the second half. OH--The first team QB wasnt injured either. Plus he played the whole second half.

NDSUFan_Sav
09-12-2009, 08:51 PM
For those that didnt watch the Iowa-ISU game---ISU started their second string QB the second half. OH--The first team QB wasnt injured either. Plus he played the whole second half.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! thought they were so high up on him this year???

IzzyFlexion
09-12-2009, 08:53 PM
I'm thinking of going over to Cyclonefanatic for some light reading but I'm a little uneasy since mass suicide is just creepy.

56BISON73
09-12-2009, 09:09 PM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!! thought they were so high up on him this year???

When your QB is tossing INTs and is forcing his throws in to double coverage its time to pull him. Well at least at ISU.:D
Their second teamer has one hell of an arm. Wow he threw a couple 30 yarders on a rope.

NDSUFan_Sav
09-12-2009, 09:11 PM
When your QB is tossing INTs and is forcing his throws in to double coverage its time to pull him. Well at least at ISU.:D
Their second teamer has one hell of an arm. Wow he threw a couple 30 yarders on a rope.

does this get rid of that spread offense then??? is their back up more of a passer then runner?

56BISON73
09-12-2009, 09:14 PM
does this get rid of that spread offense then??? is their back up more of a passer then runner?

Kids got wheels also. He ran a few QB keepers and a couple of options. He looked good. Except for forcing the ball, throwing the ball down field instead of outbounds or taking the sack. etc. Typical rookie mistakes. Hes a spread QB who can toss it long!!!

IzzyFlexion
09-12-2009, 09:35 PM
ISU minus 4 on turnovers (6 > 4).
ISU with 9 penalties to Iowa's 6.
Iowa just over 100 yards better on total offense.

pantherhawkrolling
09-12-2009, 10:23 PM
Let me try to answer a few posts with this one:

On paper, it appears that NDSU lost to the 3rd best team in Iowa last week.:(

I could have told you that last week. UNI has been better than ISU for quite some time now.

I'm thinking of going over to Cyclonefanatic for some light reading but I'm a little uneasy since mass suicide is just creepy.

Don't worry, they are used to it. This type of thing happens to them every year.

Finally, Scooter, you have 666 posts. Post something else quickly, just to be safe.