PDA

View Full Version : Care to look towards next week? Predictions??

TheBisonator
09-04-2009, 04:28 AM
I was looking at the WIU-SHSU game thread. WIU won 35-28. Looks like SHSU has kind of a swiss cheese defense. Might be a banner day for Paschall. Probably another test for our D next week.

I said on AGS it would be 35-20 NDSU winning, but maybe I'll tweek it a bit and give SHSU another FG. 35-23 Bison. Your predictions??

gotts
09-04-2009, 04:30 AM
I was looking at the WIU-SHSU game thread. WIU won 35-28. Looks like SHSU has kind of a swiss cheese defense. Might be a banner day for Paschall. Probably another test for our D next week.

I said on AGS it would be 35-20 NDSU winning, but maybe I'll tweek it a bit and give SHSU another FG. 35-23 Bison. Your predictions??

I'll let ya know after I sim the next game :D

CarringtonBison
09-04-2009, 05:06 AM
31-17 Bison

ndsubison1
09-04-2009, 05:07 AM
33-20 Bison win

NDSUstudent
09-04-2009, 05:09 AM
31-13

the Defense asserts itself, offense shows some more explosiveness. With that said, I will take a win anyway we can get it, it is vital to be 1-1 heading into the Wagner game.

onbison09
09-04-2009, 12:09 PM
09 will make a lot of noise and Bison will win 35-14.

bisonfan11
09-04-2009, 01:10 PM
Considering that Western Illinois didn't have a problem with them (even though they lost Herb Donaldson and qb Matt Barr), I think that we will take care of business. After all wasn't SHST picked to be near last in their conference. I say the young Bison will improve.

NDSU-37
SHST-21

Tatanka
09-04-2009, 02:38 PM
Tatanka will be there sweating his ass off in the swamp. It will be hot and shitty, and there will be crickets and other bugs everywhere.

Herd 38
(WTF is a) Bearkat 24

BisonInTexas
09-04-2009, 03:03 PM
I will be there too. The heat is starting to break down here, now in the chilly low 90's rather than 100+. Long road trip, plus SHSU loss this week means that they will be ultra-motivated to not start out 0-2 at home. All those factors mean a close game for the Herd.

27-24 Bison win

Craig

EndZoneQB
09-04-2009, 03:07 PM
Considering that Western Illinois didn't have a problem with them (even though they lost Herb Donaldson and qb Matt Barr), I think that we will take care of business. After all wasn't SHST picked to be near last in their conference. I say the young Bison will improve.

NDSU-37
SHST-21

They still have Matt Barr. He threw for like 450 yards.

onbison09
09-04-2009, 03:08 PM
Tatanka will be there sweating his ass off in the swamp. It will be hot and shitty, and there will be crickets and other bugs everywhere.

Herd 38
(WTF is a) Bearkat 24
Never go to any fast food joints in Texas this time of year. We must have seen 30 crickets. Forecast is for 90.

Tatanka
09-04-2009, 03:10 PM
Never go to any fast food joints in Texas this time of year. We must have seen 30 crickets. Forecast is for 90.

90 crickets? per square yard? That I believe. :D

tony
09-04-2009, 03:23 PM
Considering that Western Illinois didn't have a problem with them (even though they lost Herb Donaldson and qb Matt Barr), I think that we will take care of business.

I think Western Illinois had a real struggle with Sam Houston... didn't sound like they could establish the run and didn't get the lead until the fourth quarter. SHSU also had four chances to tie the game from the one yard line on their last drive and couldn't punch it in.

I'm just thinking that this year's NDSU team is pretty raw yet and can't take anybody lightly. In fact, I think to win this game, they have to play better than they did against Iowa State.

onbison09
09-04-2009, 09:11 PM
90 crickets? per square yard? That I believe. :D

I meant temp lol. :D

SDbison
09-05-2009, 01:36 AM
Bison lose 17-13. Mertens continues to be inept at passing and SHSU stacks the box better than ISU.

DORMIE
09-05-2009, 01:47 AM
I just love the way some of you experts are so positive. SD, you @*$%*@& moron, looking to your post next Sunday.

coldspot
09-05-2009, 01:50 AM
Bison lose 17-13. Mertens continues to be inept at passing and SHSU stacks the box better than ISU.

who are you going to dog on hourly next year when he's gone?

SDbison
09-05-2009, 01:52 AM
I just love the way some of you experts are so positive. SD, you @*$%*@& moron, looking to your post next Sunday.

Come visit me at the Wagner game tailgate and call that to my face you loser. Hiding behind the Internet tough guy. I have every right to express my opinion without garbage like that. I am also making my predictions based on obvious weaknesses.

SDbison
09-05-2009, 01:54 AM
who are you going to dog on hourly next year when he's gone?
Might not have to with Mertens gone.

bisonfan11
09-05-2009, 04:04 AM
They still have Matt Barr. He threw for like 450 yards.

Sorry, my bad. I though he was a Sr. last year.

bisonfan11
09-05-2009, 04:05 AM

You do realize that this is the same team that is predicted to be last or near last in their own conference. We'd have to play like crap to lose to a team like that.

cvbison1
09-05-2009, 04:10 AM

haha oh SD, doesn't it ever get old?? haha i guess i'm used to it. don't forget to save me some JAG come wagner time. old fart

Jdubs21
09-05-2009, 04:25 AM
You do realize that this is the same team that is predicted to be last or near last in their own conference. We'd have to play like crap to lose to a team like that.

any given saturday....anything can happen, lets just focus on improving each game, alot of dumb penalties and mistakes against ISU, we are not invinceable...we will need our A game to win on the road

Bison win 27-21

MHDBisonfan
09-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Bison win, but our offense struggles. Defense steps up to the challenge and Bison win 17-14.

CaBisonFan
09-05-2009, 03:28 PM
It depends so much on whether this team can play with real emotion no matter who they're playing. SHSU has been waiting for us for a while.

Scooter1
09-05-2009, 05:01 PM

What the hell is this?

Dormie, can you even see the line?

I have been criticle of SD's lack of QB confidence, but I'm a koolaid drinker so it's usually tongue in cheek stuff. What you posted....:smh:

BisoninNWMN
09-06-2009, 02:25 AM
Bunch of frickin whiners on here.......BISON 31-14

rutlandbison
09-06-2009, 02:30 AM
Bunch of frickin whiners on here.......BISON 31-14
Sorry if this offends anyone but I thought of this when you said this.
http://www.guitarsandaudio.com/extras/shite/whambulance1.jpg

steelbison
09-06-2009, 02:35 AM
Bison-31 SHSU-17

We won't see a o-line/QB WR's on the level ISU had..they were the best I have seen in person ever...

Our O-line is awesome!!! We ran even with 8-9 in the box...Our WR's will have a way easier time getting open against slower DB's..

Plus our WR get another week of practice to get timing down..

Jdubs21
09-06-2009, 03:19 PM
27-17 Bison

Bisonfan1
09-06-2009, 08:01 PM

Wow, that was a little over the line. Im looking forward to SD's post's next Sunday, he may be right. Sam Houston is going to be looking for a little payback, this is no easy game by any means. If the Bison are offsides on kick-offs, players not knowing when thay are supposed to be on the field, running wrong routes etc. and not recognizing every sideline out pattern that netted ISU a first down dang near every time they ran it, we are in the hurt bag. Again, NDSU offense is very easy to prepare for by their defensive coordinator, Vigen will have to open the playbook or we could get humiliated. They have the tape from the ISU game. With that being said, problems eliminated - Bison 27 - Sam Houston- 24.

HoopsBison
09-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Wow, that was a little over the line. Im looking forward to SD's post's next Sunday, he may be right. Sam Houston is going to be looking for a little payback, this is no easy game by any means. If the Bison are offsides on kick-offs, players not knowing when thay are supposed to be on the field, running wrong routes etc. and not recognizing every sideline out pattern that netted ISU a first down dang near every time they ran it, we are in the hurt bag. Again, NDSU offense is very easy to prepare for by their defensive coordinator, Vigen will have to open the playbook or we could get humiliated. They have the tape from the ISU game. With that being said, problems eliminated - Bison 27 - Sam Houston- 24.

This, you can bet your last dollar that SHSU has not forgotten about what happened in Fargo. This is a dangerous team imo. Yes, they are down and projected to finish in the bottom of their conference but that makes them even more dangerous for a team like us who stole a win from them last time we played.

Bison will need to play good football to win.

VanClubPres
09-07-2009, 12:03 AM
If the Bison are offsides on kick-offs,

3 Times!!??!!

I was down there and I was watching down the lines and two things came to mind: Our gunners are really fast. MAYBE, (tough to see when the team is crossing) I thought Beibo may have had a little stutter step right before kicking.

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo289/zingingtuck/PICT0004.jpg

All that said, This is priorites of gameday in Iowa City.

And Bison 34 Bearcat 24

Bisonguy
09-07-2009, 12:10 AM
Bison win 31-13.

The game in Fargo should have NEVER been as close as it was. NDSU played to SHSU's level that game, and it should have been a 3 score victory.

BisonNeil
09-07-2009, 02:31 PM
SHSU is going to give NDSU a tough game. No predictions, but I know it will be a very hard fought game. NDSU cannot take anyone lightly, and the heat could be factor late in the game. The OL depth is not so good and the big boys could wear down.

THEsocalledfan
09-07-2009, 05:19 PM
Bison lose 20-17 as the Bison continue to use Mertens as a West Coast QB and he throws a pick at the end of the game leading for a SHSU field goal as time expires.

X-Factor
09-07-2009, 08:03 PM
Despite the Bison being really young and not nearly the caliber of team they have been in recent years, I just don't think SHSU is playing at the same level as NDSU right now particularily on the defensive side of the ball. It will be a tough game because it is on SHSU's turf, but I still am looking for a Bison W by 10.

BisoninNWMN
09-07-2009, 08:08 PM

...that could go for any college team....:confused: :confused:

Teams improve the most from game 1 to 2.

BISON win!!