PDA

View Full Version : Good game from an ISU fan.

cydave
09-04-2009, 03:46 AM
About what I expected for the first game of the season. Both teams looked rusty and have a lot to work on.

Our run defense is HORRIBLE. If we don't get that fixed, it will be UGLY.
Our offense was good, but still too inconsistant. The first drives of the halves were what we need every possession.
Our QB was way off in his passing game.
Our DL got manhandled by your OL.
It "could" be another long year if we don't get better on defense, especially the against the run.
My predictions for the year, 3-5 wins.

Your RB was great!
Your OL is going to be good.
Some costly mistakes, i.e. the fumble on the 2 yard line.
DB's need to get better, but its hard to tell going against Big 12 WR's.
You played a great game until the 3rd-4th Q.
It was closer than the score indicated, as I was biting my nails until late in the 3rd.

Overall, good game and I'm glad that college football is back!
It was an ugly win for ISU, but a win is a win.
Hope, for those who went, enjoyed the tailgating. Come back next weekend if you're bored for our game against Iowa :D as there will be twice as many people in the tailgating lots.
Good luck the rest of the season!!!

tjbison
09-04-2009, 03:49 AM
Thank You, and good luck to you guys also. Might want to look out on here right now sounds like the lynch mob might be ont he prowl:hide:

DjKyRo
09-04-2009, 03:49 AM
Thanks cydave, glad to see you guys are gracious winners. You guys played better than a lot of us expected and while we got beat by 17, it was wstill a very good game.

Time to start pre-gaming for basketball! :nod:

cydave
09-04-2009, 03:51 AM
Thanks cydave, glad to see you guys are gracious winners. You guys played better than a lot of us expected and while we got beat by 17, it was wstill a very good game.

Time to start pre-gaming for basketball! :nod:

To be honest, you guys kept it close for longer than I expected and liked. With some improvement in a couple of areas, I'd expect your team to be pretty darn good.

And yes, come down for the basketball game if you can make it! Hilton is a great place to watch college basketball!

cydave
09-04-2009, 03:52 AM
Thank You, and good luck to you guys also. Might want to look out on here right now sounds like the lynch mob might be ont he prowl:hide:

I know what its like. ;)
During the game some of our fans were ready to jump off a cliff and were calling for our second string QB to come in.

tjbison
09-04-2009, 03:52 AM
To be honest, you guys kept it close for longer than I expected and liked. With some improvement in a couple of areas, I'd expect your team to be pretty darn good.

And yes, come down for the basketball game if you can make it! Hilton is a great place to watch college basketball!

We played you guys in bball a couple years ago, thinking about making the trip this time!!

DjKyRo
09-04-2009, 03:53 AM
I know what its like. ;)
During the game some of our fans were ready to jump off a cliff and were calling for our second string QB to come in.

To be honest I was very impressed with Arnaud. He played liek the QB we expected Mertens to be a few years back - the guy who can toss the deep pass and run like hell when he needs to. That kind of QB can be a very effective weapon, and honestly I think you guys will do better this year. Best of luck in the Big XII.

HerdBot
09-04-2009, 03:54 AM
About what I expected for the first game of the season. Both teams looked rusty and have a lot to work on.

Our offense was good, but still too inconsistant. The first drives of the halves were what we need every possession.
It "could" be another long year if we don't get better on defense, especially the against the run.

Your RB was great!
It was closer than the score indicated, as I was biting my nails until late in the 3rd.

Hope, for those who went, enjoyed the tailgating. Come back next weekend if you're bored for our game against Iowa :D as there will be twice as many people in the tailgating lots.

It's just like I thought too. We were good when we played our game. You guys were good when you played your game. When we had to rely on the pass at the end we couldn't compete.

BTW, your offense is really good. It's probably the best we've ever faced. You should win a few more games this year.

A few plays here and there and we could have had a chance to win at the end. The fumble in the endzone was huge but you guys had the dropped TD on the half back option too but at least you got 3 points out of the deal.It was an entertaining game but I'm dissapointed. We blew some opportunities. Thanks for the kind words. Hope we play again.

cydave
09-04-2009, 04:00 AM
We played you guys in bball a couple years ago, thinking about making the trip this time!!
Yeah, I was at that game. Make the trip!!!

To be honest I was very impressed with Arnaud. He played liek the QB we expected Mertens to be a few years back - the guy who can toss the deep pass and run like hell when he needs to. That kind of QB can be a very effective weapon, and honestly I think you guys will do better this year. Best of luck in the Big XII.
He was good at times and very rusty at others. Some of his passing accuracy was off. It was probably just first game nerves. He'll be on his next weekend..... I hope!

It's just like I thought too. We were good when we played our game. You guys were good when you played your game. When we had to rely on the pass at the end we couldn't compete.

BTW, your offense is really good. It's probably the best we've ever faced. You should win a few more games this year.

A few plays here and there and we could have had a chance to win at the end. The fumble in the endzone was huge but you guys had the dropped TD on the half back option too but at least you got 3 points out of the deal.It was an entertaining game but I'm dissapointed. We blew some opportunities. Thanks for the kind words. Hope we play again.
Not me... lol :D Playing upper level FCS teams scare the crap outta me. If we ever play again, I hope we are back to the kind of team we were back in the earlier part of this decade. :D

Hammersmith
09-04-2009, 04:03 AM

That's easy enough to grant. I believe the next NDSU/ISU game is scheduled for 2014.

cydave
09-04-2009, 04:07 AM
That's easy enough to grant. I believe the next NDSU/ISU game is scheduled for 2014.

You are correct. And its on a Saturday, well at least for now, it could change in the future. Sat. Aug 30th.
That will be a BRUTAL year for us. As we also play at Iowa, Texas, and Oklahoma. And host Texas Tech, Kansas, Nebraska, and Mizzou... :smh:

CycloneErik
09-04-2009, 04:56 AM
Nice game out of your guys.

I was impressed with your fan turnout as well. Quieter than I expected, but a real quality turnout for the drive. Thanks for being part of the 48,200 for the opener. Good atmosphere, and you contributed to that.

That RB of yours is a terror, especially for a team like ours that has some issues with the whole tackling thing.

Your OL is solid. Your QB doesn't seem like he will lose a game for you. He's solid, and doesn't overdo it.

It looked like the Bison are a pretty solid team. The way they play certainly isn't flashy, but it keeps them right there with a chance to win.

I know that no one around me (including myself) was really looking for your guys to stay that close that long. Nice game.:)

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-04-2009, 05:22 AM
Nice game out of your guys.

I was impressed with your fan turnout as well. Quieter than I expected, but a real quality turnout for the drive. Thanks for being part of the 48,200 for the opener. Good atmosphere, and you contributed to that.

That RB of yours is a terror, especially for a team like ours that has some issues with the whole tackling thing.

Your OL is solid. Your QB doesn't seem like he will lose a game for you. He's solid, and doesn't overdo it.

It looked like the Bison are a pretty solid team. The way they play certainly isn't flashy, but it keeps them right there with a chance to win.

I know that no one around me (including myself) was really looking for your guys to stay that close that long. Nice game.:)

I didn't expect it as well, being it a rebuilding year and all. But, our program has a history of winning and playing tough untill the end. I shouldn't have forgotten that. We expect to win every game we go into, no matter the level of competition. We don't loose often, and hardly ever get blown out. If not for the fumble on the goal line, different score at the end. We got behind and ran out of gas.

Hopefully we'll have our program running on all eight by 2014. We'll be looking for a different outcome.

56BISON73
09-04-2009, 05:50 AM

Your RB was great!

We had a great time with the ISU fans we met. Everyone was very friendly. Loved your stadium and outdoor football. thats how it should be played. Also I liked how you guys had the tailgaiting organized.

One of the big differences was your QB could make things happen with his feet. Ours just couldnt when he need to. There were 3 critical mistakes the Bison made and you cant do that at this level of football. Your O-line are some serious horses.
Yes the game was much closer than the score indicates BUT our D was on the field way too long in the 4th Q. Missed tackles really hurt us on some 3rd down plays which would have made a big difference. But thats football. i wish you folks good luck the rest of the season.

cydave
09-04-2009, 06:35 AM
We had a great time with the ISU fans we met. Everyone was very friendly. Loved your stadium and outdoor football. thats how it should be played. Also I liked how you guys had the tailgaiting organized.

One of the big differences was your QB could make things happen with his feet. Ours just couldnt when he need to. There were 3 critical mistakes the Bison made and you cant do that at this level of football. Your O-line are some serious horses.
Yes the game was much closer than the score indicates BUT our D was on the field way too long in the 4th Q. Missed tackles really hurt us on some 3rd down plays which would have made a big difference. But thats football. i wish you folks good luck the rest of the season.

I'm glad you had fun! Tailgating is very organized at ISU, as far as the lots and everything goes. It can't get much better!

I think its safe to say that both of our OL's are horses. Your's dominated our DL, which scares me for the rest of the season. We need to find a way to stop the run. If that doesn't get fixed, we will be in for a very long season, and the only way we will win will be to outscore our opponents. Which will be very hard to do in the Big 12.
Good luck to NDSU the rest of the year!

See you guys down here for the basketball season or in 2014 for another football game!