PDA

View Full Version : Tailgating Update?????

Bison15
09-03-2009, 09:52 PM
Does anybody out in the field have a tailgaiting update? Let us B-viller's stuck at home know how its going. Pics, stories, atmosphere, Drunkenness.

tjbison
09-03-2009, 09:54 PM
Does anybody out in the field have a tailgaiting update? Let us B-viller's stuck at home know how its going. Pics, stories, atmosphere, Drunkenness.

Lakes has prolly tried to post about 1,000 times but he has to be screened

WYOBISONMAN
09-03-2009, 10:00 PM
Actually, I have not seen any of his stuff waiting to be approved....

chuckles
09-03-2009, 11:13 PM
From Kolpack's Twitter...

"Certainly true what they said about Iowa State tailgating -- little yellow and red tents as far as the eye can see."

Jay
09-03-2009, 11:21 PM
Have a buddy there, says it's awesome. Bdubs is getting packed!

HandoEX
09-04-2009, 05:48 AM
Iowa State fans know how to tailgate! Tippy Cup, Survivor, and beer pong were sweet! Good times!!!

56BISON73
09-04-2009, 05:59 AM
Tailgating was as far as the eye could see and then some. Very well organized. All the ISU fans I came in contact with were very frienly and most loved to talk football. Drinking games going on all over. GREAT TIME!!!!!!!

The Bison were very well represented. I would say 2500-3000 were there.

cydave
09-04-2009, 06:30 AM
Iowa State fans know how to tailgate! Tippy Cup, Survivor, and beer pong were sweet! Good times!!!

If there's one thing we are good at year in and year out, its tailgating. We get people from all over just to come for the tailgaiting.

Tailgating was as far as the eye could see and then some. Very well organized. All the ISU fans I came in contact with were very frienly and most loved to talk football. Drinking games going on all over. GREAT TIME!!!!!!!

This is what tailgating is all about at ISU. Tons of people, lots of drinking games, and good natured people.
Just imagine next weekend with our game against Iowa, there will be twice as many people and twice as much beer, tailgating for twice as long. It's got to be one of the biggest parties in the midwest.

bisongirl
09-05-2009, 01:50 AM

Exactly what he said! It was a great time!!!

SDbison
09-05-2009, 02:00 AM
I had a great time tailgating. Perfect weather and the beer, whiskey and jagbombs were enjoyed in moderation (sort of). Excellent food and great fans all around! The atmosphere was big time. :nod:

Bisonguy
09-05-2009, 02:01 AM

Tippy cup or tippy chair??? :confused: :hide:

SDbison
09-05-2009, 02:07 AM
I saw an NDSU fan perfectly balanced resting in his chair after playing tippy cup too long! :D

bisongirl
09-05-2009, 02:10 AM
I saw an NDSU fan perfectly balanced resting in his chair after playing tippy cup too long! :D

In his chair or on his cooler? :D :hide:

SDbison
09-05-2009, 02:13 AM
In his chair or on his cooler? :D :hide:
I don't recall all the details........short term memory loss. :p

MNLonghorn10
09-05-2009, 02:16 AM
hando got his ass kicked from tippy cup survivor.

saw a really cool dice football game.

i f'd up my knee BADLY. really buzzkilled the rest of the night/todays drive home.

overall awesome time-without the knee part.

90BISON
09-05-2009, 04:52 AM
Great weather, great game day atmosphere, awesome tailgating & great to hang out all day with some of you guys again. The only thing better would have been squeaking out a win, but it was still a great time. Hope you all made it / make it home safe. See you all in a few weeks at the Dome. :D

HandoEX
09-05-2009, 05:06 AM

Midseason form certainly can't be expected in the season opener, can it?

:hide: :hide: :hide: :hide: :hide::hide: :hide: :hide: :hide: :hide: :hide: :hide::hide: :hide: :hide: :hide:

lakesbison
09-05-2009, 03:54 PM
fun as hell. but i know a couple of guys (in this thread) that need a little liver conditioning for the home opener.

ha ha. awesome time!

westnodak93bison
09-05-2009, 09:25 PM
seriously, Iowa State tailgating is the best ever seen by Bison fans. 10x better than da Goophers. IMHO, Kansas next year will be better. Cant wait for the first WI game at Camp Randal. Maybe 20012? We can only hope. Prime recruiting ground.

cydave
09-05-2009, 09:47 PM
seriously, Iowa State tailgating is the best ever seen by Bison fans. 10x better than da Goophers. IMHO, Kansas next year will be better. Cant wait for the first WI game at Camp Randal. Maybe 20012? We can only hope. Prime recruiting ground.

Kansas tailgaiting is BAD. Heck, the year they were awesome and won the Orange Bowl, I think that was it..?? They still had trouble selling out their stadium. Kansas is a basketball school, not football.
IMHO, the only better tailgating in the entire midwest ahead of ISU, is probably Wisconsin, Michigan and Notre Damn.

SenecaTinsley
09-05-2009, 10:11 PM
Kansas tailgating is awful. It's almost nonexistent. There is just a smattering of people around before the game in small, quiet little groups. It might be because there is almost no parking near their stadium. BTW: The tailgating at Notre Dame is nothing to write home about.

cydave
09-05-2009, 10:28 PM
Kansas tailgating is awful. It's almost nonexistent. There is just a smattering of people around before the game in small, quiet little groups. It might be because there is almost no parking near their stadium. BTW: The tailgating at Notre Dame is nothing to write home about.

Really? I've heard Notre Dame has some an awesome gameday atmosphere and tailgating.. I musta heard it from Lou Holtz... :D :p

SenecaTinsley
09-06-2009, 12:49 AM
I was surprised too. The tailgating is VERY sedate and boring.

spelunker64
09-06-2009, 03:49 AM
Great Day, great tailgate (we started around noon, 1hr before they officially opened up the lot).

Wally
09-06-2009, 04:05 AM
Tailgating was outstanding....some better than expected scenery if you know what i'm saying....I definitely need to improve my bean bag throwing and tippy cup though....very disappointed in my performance:nod: :nod:

cydave
09-06-2009, 04:11 AM
Tailgating was outstanding....some better than expected scenery if you know what i'm saying....I definitely need to improve my bean bag throwing and tippy cup though....very disappointed in my performance:nod: :nod:

Hopefully by 2014 you get better, when we play you again. Us ISU fans take our drinking games very seriously down here and love to take on the opposing teams fans. Nothing better than tailgating and having some friendly competition! :nod:

Wally
09-06-2009, 04:18 AM
Hopefully by 2014 you get better, when we play you again. Us ISU fans take our drinking games very seriously down here and love to take on the opposing teams fans. Nothing better than tailgating and having some friendly competition! :nod:

Yeah...it's all good...have to step up the game when taking on the Big XII I guess...I'll chalk it up to overconfidence on my part:D :D

Jdubs21
09-06-2009, 03:25 PM
ISU hands down best tailgating i've ever experienced....Everyone was very nice minus the 2 older people behind us claiming ND is the most worthless state in the union

tjbison
09-06-2009, 03:40 PM
ISU hands down best tailgating i've ever experienced....Everyone was very nice minus the 2 older people behind us claiming ND is the most worthless state in the union

LOL, I'll take our 1.2+ billion in surplus, our Nation leading oil resevere, our coal electricity generation, our great student quality numbers, low crime rate, low jobless rate, clean air, bkue sky, fresh water, good hunting, great cropland, great people and an awesome work ethic, any day over a atate that smells like pig crap and corn

Mr. Burgundy
09-06-2009, 04:14 PM
Tailgating was great. Some awesome ISU fans were pretty impressed with our setup....came back to the trailer after the game....it had been vandalized. Awesome. Really sour taste in my mouth about that right now.

tjbison
09-06-2009, 04:16 PM
Tailgating was great. Some awesome ISU fans were pretty impressed with our setup....came back to the trailer after the game....it had been vandalized. Awesome. Really sour taste in my mouth about that right now.

Thats just BS!!!! Why are people so petty that they think thats going to prove anything!!! Didn't someone have that happen at the Montana St game also??

Was it bad?

TransAmBison
09-06-2009, 04:17 PM
How bad? That is one sweet trailer.

Jdubs21
09-06-2009, 04:32 PM
LOL, I'll take our 1.2+ billion in surplus, our Nation leading oil resevere, our coal electricity generation, our great student quality numbers, low crime rate, low jobless rate, clean air, bkue sky, fresh water, good hunting, great cropland, great people and an awesome work ethic, any day over a atate that smells like pig crap and corn

haha just about exactly what i told them

Mr. Burgundy
09-06-2009, 04:38 PM
How bad? That is one sweet trailer.

Thanks. Not horrible, but they went after one of the large logo's on the trailer and ripped off part of the "wrap." I am sure it will be fixed by the next game, but it won't be free...on well. I am sure most of their fans were pretty classy.

cydave
09-06-2009, 04:44 PM
Thanks. Not horrible, but they went after one of the large logo's on the trailer and ripped off part of the "wrap." I am sure it will be fixed by the next game, but it won't be free...on well. I am sure most of their fans were pretty classy.

I'm sorry to hear that. I'll apologize on their behalf. I'm really surprised that somebody actually messed with it, usually that stuff only happens to Hawkeye and Husker stuff. Was it in the student lots? That might not be the best place to bring in a nice vehicle or trailer decked out in the opposing teams gear, just bc some drunk college students like to cause trouble. But, I'm still a little surprised they did stuff to it, considering you aren't a rival.
Again, I'm sorry and hopefully it didn't spoil your experience too bad.

Bisonfan1
09-06-2009, 05:46 PM
Thats just BS!!!! Why are people so petty that they think thats going to prove anything!!! Didn't someone have that happen at the Montana St game also??

Was it bad?

Yes we did, sux when you hear about crap like that. The tailgating was absoulutely the best i have experienced, we were intertwined with ISU folks who were all great, no problems at all, had alot of ISU fans come up and compliment on our showing there, the rigs etc, it was a great time. Loved the OUTDOOR STADIUM, I will take that over the comforts of the dead dome anytime, indoor football sux, it just makes for a neutral playing field in my opinion. It was very loud there. All in all, a really great set up for football. Thanx ISU fans for your hospitality.

VanClubPres
09-06-2009, 10:59 PM

terrible to hear that. I cannot say this for sure, but that doesnt happen at NDSU when other schools come here.

I am going against the grain and saying that the tailgate was not that much better than NDSU in this light.

NO RULES...drinking games, size of setup, ect.
JUST MORE PEOPLE.

We have people with buses, rvs, tents, vans, custom grills, ect. They just did it on a much larger level. Its not like any of that we had never seen before. They are just a larger tailgating fanbase.
Iowa Hawkeyes were the same way. All the same stuff, just way, way, way more people and not such strict rules.

steelbison
09-07-2009, 12:11 AM

That sucks!!! Had a great time..also went down to the Iowa UNI game..both were a lot of fun!!!

Most fans were great..had a few give us a hard time..of course we had a parking pass right in the middle of all ISU fans...that had a little to do with it..

BisonCountry
09-07-2009, 02:25 AM

Wow...that sucks! We were fortunate enough to only have ISU and NDSU Sucks written on our bus with Ketchup.

Gully
09-07-2009, 02:30 PM
Don't feel bad. Our rig was vandalized by our own group! Let's just say the door needs a little work.

90BISON
09-07-2009, 05:18 PM

:d :d :d

Bison"FANatic"
09-07-2009, 05:37 PM
That sucks about the vandalism. It don't matter which team you are from even if it wasn't Iowa or the Huskers it is still classless.

cydave
09-07-2009, 05:53 PM
That sucks about the vandalism. It don't matter which team you are from even if it wasn't Iowa or the Huskers it is still classless.

It is classless. But, every fan base has those people, some worse than others. It also doesn't help that they've probably been drinking for half a day either.

90BISON
09-07-2009, 06:07 PM
It is classless. But, every fan base has those people, some worse than others. It also doesn't help that they've probably been drinking for half a day either.

Only half the day? Did they have to work, and got to tailgating late? ;)

cydave
09-07-2009, 06:42 PM
Only half the day? Did they have to work, and got to tailgating late? ;)

Ha well, I guess some of the students had class that morning, then started tailgating at noon. Some of the students worked in the morning, then started tailgating at noon. Some of the students didn't have anything and started tailgating wednesday night. :D

Gilley
09-07-2009, 11:51 PM
It was a good time, the ISU fans were pretty good from the ones I had talked to.. Once we got into the stadium couple of them were dicks, and was having some throw peanuts and wrappers at us so that was different..

MNLonghorn10
09-08-2009, 06:16 AM
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=394&d=1252343649
ha. im on the other side of the first guy int he yellow shirt. tryin to explain that tippy cup played the side the clones were on had an advantage cause of a small incline.

needless to say we switched and still got our asses worked. damnit

lakesbison
09-08-2009, 06:38 AM
and you won more after I left too!!

EndZoneQB
09-08-2009, 11:14 PM
and you won more after I left too!!

lol yeah wtf...

I got completely tore up playing survivor with brandy.

NDSUFan_Sav
09-08-2009, 11:57 PM
did anyone get a picture of that chicks flask that was amazingly BIG???? the one that had and Iowa St shirt on after someone took her ndsu shirt then she had someone cut out the middle of her shirt where it said Iowa St on it.

90BISON
09-09-2009, 12:07 AM
did anyone get a picture of that chicks flask that was amazingly BIG???? the one that had and Iowa St shirt on after someone took her ndsu shirt then she had someone cut out the middle of her shirt where it said Iowa St on it.

I was going to, but I think she was still sober enough at that time of the afternoon that she might have considered it rude. That flask was bigger than her head! I could add much more commentary, but I'll just leave well enough alone....... Those of you that saw her in person....... Well, enough said! :D

The term "rocket surgeon", wasn't the first thing that came to mind.....

NDSUFan_Sav
09-09-2009, 12:10 AM
I was going to, but I think she was still sober enough at that time of the afternoon that she might have considered it rude. That flask was bigger than her head! I could add much more commentary, but I'll just leave well enough alone....... Those of you that saw her in person....... Well, enough said! :D

The term "rocket surgeon", wasn't the first thing that came to mind.....

hahahahahahahahhahaha.....we need to find a pic of her/that flask

cydave
09-09-2009, 01:45 AM
hahahahahahahahhahaha.....we need to find a pic of her/that flask

I know where one is, I will post it when I find it. I saw it on facebook.

lakesbison
09-09-2009, 01:55 AM
the girl behind me, right?

EndZoneQB
09-09-2009, 01:59 AM
LMFAO, don't remember being in that pic!

lakesbison
09-09-2009, 02:02 AM
I dont remember you!

j/kiddin

cydave
09-09-2009, 02:12 AM
Here are the pics I found of that flask. They were on facebook and the caption of the picture with the NDSU fan was entitled: "This random NDSU fan kept on asking us for an ISU shirt."
hahahaha :D

NDSUFan_Sav
09-09-2009, 02:19 AM
the lady that was walking around with the big flask was the one on the far left in a ndsu shirt in the 2nd picture

TbonZach
09-09-2009, 02:22 AM
Wow that's a big flask. Looks like they made it out of a muffler.

unbison
09-09-2009, 02:23 AM
sav u sure u remember?

NDSUFan_Sav
09-09-2009, 02:25 AM
sav u sure u remember?

yeah, I got in at 4ish and saw her right away so at that point was sober :D, but the night before I don't remember that walk home from the bar, shocked I didn't lose anything!

56BISON73
09-09-2009, 02:47 AM
Here are the pics I found of that flask. They were on facebook and the caption of the picture with the NDSU fan was entitled: "This random NDSU fan kept on asking us for an ISU shirt."
hahahaha :D

It was the one on the left in the green shirt that insisted that her ISU shirt be cut off. She was a real dandy!!!