PDA

View Full Version : ISU's OL minus 1 inch and 51 pounds

IzzyFlexion
09-03-2009, 01:02 PM
The depth chart for the Cyclones has noted a significant change. 6' 3" 346 pound Hayworth Hicks had been slated as the #1 left guard. However, the most recent published version shows 6' 2" 295 pounder Alex Alvarez jumping into the starting position.
It appears that Hicks has some eligibility issues. Perhaps MplsCyclone can help us with some clarification?

cyguy
09-03-2009, 01:36 PM
I don't know where your getting the eligibility issues or depth chart info but it is inaccurate. Alvarez has been #1 at LG for since Stephens took over for him as #1 C. Everyone has expected Hicks to be #1 at guard, but that hasn't been the case. And there is nothing to the eligibility issues that you mention.

MN_BISON
09-03-2009, 02:08 PM
I don't know where your getting the eligibility issues or depth chart info but it is inaccurate. Alvarez has been #1 at LG for since Stephens took over for him as #1 C. Everyone has expected Hicks to be #1 at guard, but that hasn't been the case. And there is nothing to the eligibility issues that you mention.

Are you sure cyguy? http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/football/65081-anyone-know-player-has-academic-issues-4.html

IzzyFlexion
09-03-2009, 02:11 PM

So, if I'm understanding you correctly, if Alvarez, for whatever reason (needs a blow, underperforms, gets injured) comes out, we could still see Hicks come into the game?

cyguy
09-03-2009, 02:13 PM
Are you sure cyguy? http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/football/65081-anyone-know-player-has-academic-issues-4.html

Yes, I'm sure.

cyguy
09-03-2009, 02:14 PM
So, if I'm understanding you correctly, if Alvarez, for whatever reason (needs a blow, underperforms, gets injured) comes out, we could still see Hicks come into the game?

If Hicks is the true backup at LG, then yeah. I can't say for certain...maybe if Baysinger (backup at RG) is the true #3 G on the team and he would slide in to the LG spot if needed.

IzzyFlexion
09-03-2009, 02:16 PM
If Hicks is the true backup at LG, then yeah. I can't say for certain...maybe if Baysinger (backup at RG) is the true #3 G on the team and he would slide in to the LG spot if needed.

Ok. Thanks.

mplscyclone
09-03-2009, 03:00 PM
The depth chart for the Cyclones has noted a significant change. 6' 3" 346 pound Hayworth Hicks had been slated as the #1 left guard. However, the most recent published version shows 6' 2" 295 pounder Alex Alvarez jumping into the starting position.
It appears that Hicks has some eligibility issues. Perhaps MplsCyclone can help us with some clarification?

Alvarez was known to be the starting LG for at least 2-3 weeks now. He was our starting C last year and did a position switch with Reggie Stephens. I'm not sure where you got the depth chart that had Hicks as a starter, as I haven't seen that published anywhere.

Hicks sounds like he may have academic issues, but him not starting wasn't the reason for that issue; he was slated to be a backup for quite a while now.

cyguy
09-03-2009, 03:32 PM
I may have to stand corrected on Hicks' academic elligibility...I had not heard before he posted that on his facebook page. We'll see...