PDA

View Full Version : Weather in Ames

TateMosersneighbor
09-01-2009, 02:15 AM
Hot off the press...

It looks to be a perfect night for FB. 75 and partly sunny for tailgating and a low of 56 Thursday night.

Drive safe....remember you'll be driving into "Idiots Out Walking Around" country.

Iowa Bizun
09-01-2009, 02:22 AM
it should be "Old Blue Hairs Driving Really Fricken Slow"

tjbison
09-01-2009, 02:36 AM
it should be "Old Blue Hairs Driving Really Fricken Slow"

OBHDRFS that doesn't spell IOWA:p

Yo
09-01-2009, 03:41 PM
Hot off the press...

It looks to be a perfect night for FB. 75 and partly sunny for tailgating and a low of 56 Thursday night.

Drive safe....remember you'll be driving into "Idiots Out Wandering Around" country.

I fixed it for you.

SenecaTinsley
09-01-2009, 03:52 PM
Why would you even try to go down that road? Anyone from a state that has fewer people in it than it did over 70 years ago probably shouldn't even consider making disparaging remarks about folks from a different state.

SDbison
09-01-2009, 04:02 PM
Why would you even try to go down that road? Anyone from a state that has fewer people in it than it did over 70 years ago probably shouldn't even consider making disparaging remarks about folks from a different state.
Yeah, buts its Iowa, and you folks realy suck at driving! I live in the Sioux Falls area and everytime there is an idiot move by a driver I look at the plates and guess what........its an Iowegian.

Bison"FANatic"
09-01-2009, 04:07 PM
I'll take our less people but growing economy and billion dollar surplus.

SenecaTinsley
09-01-2009, 04:12 PM
Every time? Gee, why don't I believe that? Here is the bottom line, someone from states like N. Dakota, S. Dakota, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, etc... making comments about people from some other state on that list looks pretty foolish.

TateMosersneighbor
09-01-2009, 04:49 PM
Every time? Gee, why don't I believe that? Here is the bottom line, someone from states like N. Dakota, S. Dakota, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, etc... making comments about people from some other state on that list looks pretty foolish.

Maybe this will help...

Did you hear that they were going to give the bottom two rows of Iowa counties to Missouri? There was support on both sides of the Iowa/Missouri border as the move would increase the average IQ's of both states.

TheBisonator
09-01-2009, 04:51 PM
I'll take our less people but growing economy and billion dollar surplus.

Reps to you. At least ND has over a billion dollars in the bank.

Tatanka
09-01-2009, 07:57 PM
Maybe this will help...

Did you hear that they were going to give the top two rows of Missouri counties to Iowa? There was support on both sides of the Iowa/Missouri border as the move would increase the average IQ's of both states.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

True story! But you got it backwards, so I fixed it for you... :nod:

roadwarrior
09-02-2009, 08:26 PM
I hope it is nice in Ames tomorrow as it is right now !!!

IzzyFlexion
09-02-2009, 09:02 PM
I hope it is nice in Ames tomorrow as it is right now !!!

The weather is stunningly beautiful here in eastern Illinois too. September in the central plains and western Great Lakes region never disappoints.

SDbison
09-02-2009, 09:03 PM
Lastest forecast for Ames on Thursday:
Mostly Sunny
High of 73
Wind 6 to 10 mph
Can't get much better than that!

TheBisonator
09-02-2009, 09:08 PM
Mostly Sunny
High of 73
Wind 6 to 10 mph

You couldn't get nicer than that inside of a building!! GO BISON!!!

Tatanka
09-02-2009, 11:02 PM
Mostly Sunny
100% chance of THUNDER!!!!!
High of 73
Wind 6 to 10 mph

Fixed .

Thundering Herd
09-02-2009, 11:30 PM
Here in Ft. Bliss, TX it's friggin' hot with a chance of friggen hot tommorrow! Andy, I got a 4 day pass to go home from friday to monday. Now, if only that was thursday to monday with a very long layover in Iowa...:D

A1pigskin
09-03-2009, 12:26 AM
Good weather, good football, good fun..... Go Bison.

Cat80
09-03-2009, 12:27 AM
Yeah, buts its Iowa, and you folks realy suck at driving! I live in the Sioux Falls area and everytime there is an idiot move by a driver I look at the plates and guess what........its an Iowegian.

A rural Iowegian. Big difference between the NW corner and the more urban areas of the state. To them SF is big and a place like Des Moines is incomprehensible. I've had customers from Ft. Dodge(about 30,000 population) complain about Des Moines traffic. I don't get it either, but let's not disparage the entire state, shall we?

Cat80
09-03-2009, 12:30 AM
+++++++++++++++++++++++

True story! But you got it backwards, so I fixed it for you... :nod:

It IS true the first way. The study was done in the early 70's and it was the literacy rate that would rise in both states.

Hansel
09-03-2009, 02:12 AM
A rural Iowegian. Big difference between the NW corner and the more urban areas of the state.

I-35 between Ames and Des Moines is always a disaster area whenever there is a hing of snow

sambini
09-03-2009, 03:04 AM
Great weather for thunder+++

NDSUFan_Sav
09-03-2009, 04:43 PM
I already heard the thunder.....now once the game starts and if the bison win......I feel sorry for the town of Ames!!!!!

IndyBison
09-03-2009, 06:19 PM

Very true on that! Those states are so much more similar than different. People who live in those states don't realize that and make for some fun ribbing.

I assume your name is due to Jamaal Tinsley. Too bad he turned out to be such a butthead in the NBA because he had talent. Not sure if he was a bad person or just continually hung out with the wrong people. There were several criminal instances with Pacer players and although he was never the instigator, he was always there. What a waste!

Tatanka
09-03-2009, 06:21 PM
Ames better be ready to FEEL THE THUNDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/Awsoem.gif