PDA

View Full Version : BWW in Fargo broadcasting game (possibly?)

DjKyRo
08-31-2009, 04:15 PM
Just got off the phone with a manager at Buffalo Wild Wings on 19th in Fargo - she said the store has access to the Big XII network and will likely be broadcasting the game. She said they haven't had time to set up the playing schedule, but I don't see what would be more important than this, particularly a block north of campus.

Provided it pans out, who's there?

UPDATE: FOR SHIZZLE! Just got the call back from the manager saying that at 7:00 pm both B-dubs will be broadcasting the game on B12 net! Get your asses to B-dubs!

coldspot
08-31-2009, 04:34 PM
sign me up. just gotta find a date that wants to go. the wife wont want to and my father will be at the game (bastard). cvbison, where are you when i need you?

Hammersmith
08-31-2009, 04:38 PM
Umm.. There isn't a Big 12 Network, is there? The B12 has contracts with ABC and FSN to air games, but our game isn't a part of that. Since Mediacom is a closed, cable-only system, I would think a webcast would be BWW's only option. I'd love it if they could carry the real TV broadcast(and I'd show up at the South location if they did), but I don't see how it can happen. There is a B12 online network, but the live events page only has news conferences listed.

TAILG8R
08-31-2009, 04:43 PM
Here is what I found on the Big 12 site about their 'network'

Big 12 Football Television Selection Information
ABC selects games played on special dates, in prime time, the first three Saturdays of September and the dates it intends to do early afternoon games by June 15 of each contract year. ABC will select the additional games to be televised no later than 11 a.m. (Central) on the 12th day (i.e. the second Monday preceding a Saturday telecast date) prior to the dates such games are to be televised. ABC retains the rights to exercise a six-day option (i.e. the Sunday prior to a Saturday telecast date) three times during each season. ABC will provide the Conference a "ready list" on the 12th day prior to exercising this option. Overall, there will be 19 Big 12 appearances on ABC in 2008.

FSN shall provide the Big 12 with a list of games for special dates and the first three Saturdays of September by June 15 each year. The selection of games for syndication and prime time telecast will occur following the decisions made by ABC. FSN has also sublicensed games to the ESPN family of networks, as well as Versus, for the 2008 season.

DjKyRo
08-31-2009, 05:02 PM
Here is what I found on the Big 12 site about their 'network'

I just Googled "Big 12 Network" and looked at the most official-looking hit, and the game was on the schedule. I don't know jack about this kind of stuff, but when I said "Big 12 network" the manager seemed to know what I was talking about. The fact that Hammer is skeptical makes me concerned, so if this ends up being a dud....please don't hate me too much, guys. :hide:

bisonmike2
08-31-2009, 05:03 PM
Umm.. There isn't a Big 12 Network, is there? The B12 has contracts with ABC and FSN to air games, but our game isn't a part of that. Since Mediacom is a closed, cable-only system, I would think a webcast would be BWW's only option. I'd love it if they could carry the real TV broadcast(and I'd show up at the South location if they did), but I don't see how it can happen. There is a B12 online network, but the live events page only has news conferences listed.

so somebody in Iowa with Mediacom needs to get some sort of satellite transmission system so they can take their cable feed and broadcast it on a frequency that that can be picked up by people across the country? Will I need one of those digital conversion boxes for this? This sounds very similar to plot of Transformers 2, though I could be wrong because technically Transformers 2 didn't have a plot.

gotts
08-31-2009, 05:05 PM
I just Googled "Big 12 Network" and looked at the most official-looking hit, and the game was on the schedule. I don't know jack about this kind of stuff, but when I said "Big 12 network" the manager seemed to know what I was talking about.

My understanding is that "Big 12 Network" is a collection of affiliates, not a devoted channel on satellite/digital cable like the Big Ten Network....

I still think the only way to get the game outside of internet access would be the Slingbox/Mediacom setup...

Clarification?

bisonmike2
08-31-2009, 05:17 PM
My understanding is that "Big 12 Network" is a collection of affiliates, not a devoted channel on satellite/digital cable like the Big Ten Network....

I still think the only way to get the game outside of internet access would be the Slingbox/Mediacom setup...

Clarification?

Isn't slingbox just watching your TV through an internet connection anyway? So what would be the advantage of a slingbox set up instead of just using the Iowa St or gobison.com web feed? I've never seen the quality of a slingbox picture so I'm not sure if it's an improvement or not.

gotts
08-31-2009, 05:20 PM
Isn't slingbox just watching your TV through an internet connection anyway? So what would be the advantage of a slingbox set up instead of just using the Iowa St or gobison.com web feed? I've never seen the quality of a slingbox picture so I'm not sure if it's an improvement or not.

I guess I don't know the difference in presentation between the Mediacom broadcast and the one available for purchase on gobison.

At least the Mediacom would have commentary/PBP & picture synced up for sure, in theory.

DjKyRo
08-31-2009, 05:21 PM

Our backup plan is to score a monthlong subscription on gobison.com and run it through my buddy's TV, so it's a hybridization of those ideas, if you will. We field-tested the idea last night with youtube videos and it was pretty clutch.

tjbison
08-31-2009, 05:28 PM
Well BW3, chubs, Playmakers, okelley's, tailgaters, etc.. have all access from gobison.com they have shown bball and most of the away FB games in the past. I would assume she was mistaken the gobison web feed with Big 10 network like the goopher game was on, and just figured there was a B12.

DjKyRo
08-31-2009, 05:36 PM
Well BW3, chubs, Playmakers, okelley's, tailgaters, etc.. have all access from gobison.com they have shown bball and most of the away FB games in the past. I would assume she was mistaken the gobison web feed with Big 10 network like the goopher game was on, and just figured there was a B12.

That's what I was afraid of. My bad guys, feel free to pelt me with old lettuce.

tjbison
08-31-2009, 05:37 PM
That's what I was afraid of. My bad guys, feel free to pelt me with old lettuce.

no big deal, as long as there is a picture and sound i could care less what channel or form of feed it is!!!

oh yeah and BEER!!!:D

DjKyRo
08-31-2009, 05:43 PM
BEER!!!:D

Let me offer this song as penance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y39JehmZO4

cvbison1
08-31-2009, 05:56 PM
sign me up. just gotta find a date that wants to go. the wife wont want to and my father will be at the game (bastard). cvbison, where are you when i need you?

haha, i'll be watching it in my room....hookin the computer up to the t.v. and watching from gobison.com.

ndsubison1
08-31-2009, 07:29 PM
there is no big 12 network

BadlandsBison
08-31-2009, 08:17 PM
Someone near campus should volunteer their home/garage for a gobison game feed. Any takers?

MNLonghorn10
08-31-2009, 09:05 PM
there is no big 12 network

yes there is, its not a permanent channel like the big10 is, but it's a "network"...literally.

(i believe)

Twentysix
08-31-2009, 09:39 PM
There is a big 12 network, the closest city that offers it is rochester MN. (it looks like its through cable networks not through any dish provider.)

On another note.

Its appsolutly hilarious that there are world of warcraft advertisements on Iowa States Football offical page.

Never seen something that great on gobison.com lol...

bisonmike2
08-31-2009, 10:10 PM
There is a big 12 network, the closest city that offers it is rochester MN. (it looks like its through cable networks not through any dish provider.)

On another note.

Its appsolutly hilarious that there are world of warcraft advertisements on Iowa States Football offical page.

So this is the typical Iowa St fan then?
http://game.ology.com/files/2009/07/southpark.jpg

funteddy
09-01-2009, 02:29 AM
Chubs Will Have The Webcast On, And The 15 Year Old Girl Anwsering the phone at BW3 is wrong, there is no Big 12 Network.

tjbison
09-01-2009, 02:32 AM
Chubs Will Have The Webcast On, And The 15 Year Old Girl Anwsering the phone at BW3 is wrong, there is no Big 12 Network.

Was hoping you would come around and let us know!!! thanks teddy

ndsubison1
09-01-2009, 02:37 AM
And The 15 Year Old Girl Anwsering the phone at BW3 is wrong, there is no Big 12 Network.

can you confirm this?

bisonmike2
09-01-2009, 03:12 AM
can you confirm this?

forget about it. he said she's 15.
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l153/Ethired/1184367762037.jpg

ndsubison1
09-01-2009, 04:23 AM
forget about it. he said she's 15.
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l153/Ethired/1184367762037.jpg

lol, didnt mean it like that...

TheDoctor
09-01-2009, 05:19 AM

They could lose the cheesy pop-ups on gobison though. Those are annoying! ;)